Filipinas believe in God but I am Atheist

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
tomasz
Freshman Poster

Filipinas believe in God but I am Atheist

Post by tomasz »

Can anyone tell me why so many filipinas believe in god, and say you must have faith in god. But when I asked one of them, they cant explain it.

As an atheist, will i have trouble or perhaps impossible to date a filipina. Or should I place that I am an atheist at the forefront of any communication I do with filipinas online (blossoms.com).

your thoughts and advice please

Thomas
germanguy
Freshman Poster

Re: Filipinas believe in god but i am atheist

Post by germanguy »

tomasz wrote:Can anyone tell me why so many filipinas believe in god, and say you must have faith in god.
Because the Philippines are a Christian country? Not sure what this question is supposed to be...

And no it´s not impossible to date Filipinas as an atheist... Many of them dont really care about the bible and the church even though they call themselves an Christian. Just like America religious theory and actual reality are often totally different. The ones that are fanatic Christians wont agree to date a non-Christian though...
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

tomasz wrote:Can anyone tell me why so many filipinas believe in god, and say you must have faith in god. But when I asked one of them, they cant explain it.

As an atheist, will i have trouble or perhaps impossible to date a filipina. Or should I place that I am an atheist at the forefront of any communication I do with filipinas online (blossoms.com).

Thomas
Become a Christian.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

They believe in a god the same way most people believe in a god, they were taught from birth that god is real. So most of the world has been brainwashed to believe in invisible sky deities. I am an atheist as well. My advice to you is this tell your woman i do not believe in god yet i will once in awhile go to church with you. I have a few men in my family that did that and it kept the women happy. Just play the damn game. Plus you will get food and drinks out of it as well and good sex when she is happy.
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

I love going to church on Christmass or other Christian holidays. Free food and drinks you have to be dumb to turn that down! And sometimes gifts just for showing up.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

tomasz wrote:Can anyone tell me why so many filipinas believe in god, and say you must have faith in god. But when I asked one of them, they cant explain it.

Thomas
No problem, unless you're obsessive about it.
But why go out of your way to mention it?
Are you also going to point out that you're not an axe murderer? :wink:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

There will always be differences if you date somebody from a different culture.

Thais worship dogs, I hate the f***ing things!!!!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

Most filipinas that I've met are Christians. I don't think this is really a problem.

Personally, I used to be a hardcore atheist. Now, I'm agnostic (basically, I don't give a f**k either way and I never think about it).

I actually think that religion is a good thing. Basically, people that are religious believe a higher power is watching them all of the time. So they are less likely to do f***ed up things. Is this brainwashing? Yes. Was this an attempt by religions to control their followers? Yes. But it also instilled morals and kept people in line.

I believe that the downfall of religion, along with feminism and financial irresponsibility is the reason why America finds itself in its current state.

Also, I've read The Bible before. It sends good messages to its readers about proper values and morals and features very good storytelling. It's funny though. It seems that people can only either take it literally or not believe it at all, while I believe that they were written to be taken figuratively.

But I digress....
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

xiongmao wrote:There will always be differences if you date somebody from a different culture.

Thais worship dogs, I hate the f***ing things!!!!
Are you serious? Filipinos like dogs? Thought that was mostly a White thing. Interesting.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Thomas
Why not date Chinese? Lots of eager women, and most are atheist.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Pssst, A christian walks in to a room, and says "hey, nice view hu?" and the atheist says "yeah, I love strippers"

only difference is, one thinks a creator made great breasts the other thinks they're made out of monkey.

That about sums up Christianity in America and just about anywhere in the world.

You'll have a easy time finding a fake christian in any country.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

This brings up an interesting point. Filipinas are mainly Catholic, and I can imagine my Scots-Irish great grandfather rolling around in his grave if my kids were Catholic. However, it is usually the woman's religion that has precedence for some reason, and of course the default religion of my people (Presbyterianism) is a joke. So how do people normally deal with this issue?
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

If Filipinos are Catholic you don't have a damn thing to worry bout, Catholicism is on of the biggest jokes in the history of religion, you can literally do whatever you want and confess it away, it's the same damn thing as Americans idea of Christianity nowadays, the only difference is, you have a jedi knight in robes who gets to listen to your sins and relay your fake request of forgiveness.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Cornfed wrote:This brings up an interesting point. Filipinas are mainly Catholic, and I can imagine my Scots-Irish great grandfather rolling around in his grave if my kids were Catholic. However, it is usually the woman's religion that has precedence for some reason, and of course the default religion of my people (Presbyterianism) is a joke. So how do people normally deal with this issue?
I think you can mold a girl to your brand of Christianity IF you believe it and practice it yourself.

But for a good believing Scottish Presbyterian girl, I would try Ulster... or Patagonia.

Some devout Reformed girls among Afrikaaners, too, if you want ne eager to leave her country and join you wherever..
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Jester wrote:
Cornfed wrote:This brings up an interesting point. Filipinas are mainly Catholic, and I can imagine my Scots-Irish great grandfather rolling around in his grave if my kids were Catholic. However, it is usually the woman's religion that has precedence for some reason, and of course the default religion of my people (Presbyterianism) is a joke. So how do people normally deal with this issue?
I think you can mold a girl to your brand of Christianity IF you believe it and practice it yourself.

But for a good believing Scottish Presbyterian girl, I would try Ulster... or Patagonia.

Some devout Reformed girls among Afrikaaners, too, if you want ne eager to leave her country and join you wherever..
The woman's faith tends to take precedence because the man is normally lying to pass the parental screen and is not really religious. Now if the man is actually practicing his faith at the same level that his Filipino, probably Catholic bride is then there are other strategies. Particularly since she has to promise to do her best to see if any children are raised Catholic. If you are evangelic it doesn't matter if someone goes to Catholic school or is baptized as a child because according to your faith things only matter when you make such decisions for yourself and unlike Catholics who will not re-baptize you can just proclaim your faith and get baptized as a believer.

The other internal Catholic specific rules, such as the sexual behavior and birth control between the couple are rarely followed by Catholic couples except for the most devout and a mixed marriage couple will probably not have to worry too much about following them. Religiously in this age we have options as she can fulfill her weekly obligation with a TV Mass or the Saturday night Mass and the family can attend the other church's services together.

Now as you go more fundamentalist, be it a Dawkins atheist, strong Baptist ,a strict Sabbath keeper, INC, Jehovah Witness, Mormon, non Christian claiming faith etc then things become more problematical.