Las Vegas with Winston (photos)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Las Vegas with Winston (photos)

Post by Falcon »

So, I've finally found the Holy Grail. The man himself. Winston! 8)

I drove to Las Vegas in late June, after flying back to the US from Thailand. Stayed at Winston's house for 2 nights, and we went hiking and pigged out at local buffets.

We went hiking in the deserts and mountains, since we found the Strip to be "soulless" (that's how I put it). Winston wouldn't stop laughing at that, and said that after all those millions of dollars invested into all that, someone would still call those places soulless! We both looked at the people and Las Vegas like space aliens who had just landed on Earth.

Winston was a very fun guy to hang out with. His childlike curiosity and observations struck me as completely different from the rest of the "sheeple" Americans, who have been hopelessly dumbed down by society and mass media.

We met up with Winston's long-time friend Natalya too, who's a member on the ladies' forum. She's not the typical American woman at all, and agrees wholeheartedly with Winston's observations about America. She dates foreign guys as well. :D

Winston carries around flyers about HappierAbroad and about himself as the #1 Freethinking Asian in the world.

Here's Winston standing in front of his new HappierAbroad HQ in Las Vegas:

I met up with Winston's aunt in Las Vegas, and she's quite an incredible person. Winston's aunt has been all over Europe and the Middle East too, and has traveled to China, Australia, and many other places. She seems to agree with Winston's HappierAbroad claims, and is much more open-minded than a typical Taiwanese granny would be. She's been in the States since the 1960's or 1970's.

I spoke Mandarin with her, while Winston spoke Taiwanese with her. She liked speaking English a lot too, so we spoke all 3 languages with her. :D

Winston's various cousins and relatives. The two in the bottom center are Eurasians (half-white, half-Taiwanese).

And last but not least, the buffet. When I asked Winston why he didn't feel like leaving the States ASAP, he said it's because he likes the variety of food here. Quite true. :wink:

Last edited by Falcon on July 16th, 2013, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

In a gift shop by the Las Vegas Strip: the glories of American women

Las Vegas at dusk

The Palazzo

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston is looking might happy for not being abroad. Seems healthier and slimmer there too. And is that a tan or just something about your camera? Perhaps he will come the the conclusion that he is happiest right at home in the good ole' USA. So much for Happier Abroad. That's just for chumps like you and me. Real paradise in right in Vegas, lol.

BTW, it sounds like you got him to do that crazy laugh where he will think of something funny from earlier (in this case, your comment on the 'Vegas Strip" being souless), say something about it, and then suddenly laugh out so loudly that everyone in the establishment will turn around to look! He does that quite a bit in Phils and it's droves Diane crazy sometimes.

Oh, and nice house Winston!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

He did actually get a tan. Las Vegas is blazing hot.

I have an even deeper tan now, now that I've just gotten back from Mexico. This means I'll be able to blend in even more when I get to the Philiippines this fall. :wink:

I think Winston has slipped from being HappierAbroad to SleepierAtHome. :P

mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Why does Winston carry flyers? Does he hand them out?
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

mguy wrote:Why does Winston carry flyers? Does he hand them out?
Yes I carry them in my shoulder bag, and sometimes one in my wallet. I don't hand them out to random people. Only when it comes up during conversation and the person shows an interest in this site and movement.

The info pamphlet brings up a lot of points that would take a lot of time to make in person. So it saves me a lot of time.

One of my neighbor with a Filipina wife who went to Cebu showed an interest in it, so I gave him one.

But there aren't many people here in the US who want to see it. In the Philippines though, I gave out the pamphlet everyday when I talked to people.

Here is what the info pamphlet I hand out looks like on both sides:
http://www.happierabroad.com/Pamphlet.pdf
http://www.happierabroad.com/Introduction.pdf

I forgot to take Falcon to the downtown area of Las Vegas. We could have seen a lot more there and did a lot more people watching.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:Winston is looking might happy for not being abroad. Seems healthier and slimmer there too. And is that a tan or just something about your camera? Perhaps he will come the the conclusion that he is happiest right at home in the good ole' USA. So much for Happier Abroad. That's just for chumps like you and me. Real paradise in right in Vegas, lol.

BTW, it sounds like you got him to do that crazy laugh where he will think of something funny from earlier (in this case, your comment on the 'Vegas Strip" being souless), say something about it, and then suddenly laugh out so loudly that everyone in the establishment will turn around to look! He does that quite a bit in Phils and it's droves Diane crazy sometimes.

Oh, and nice house Winston!
I have gotten thinner here in the US. But it doesn't show in those photos above, because the camera bloats the slightest roundness in your body. If you look at me in the mirror, I look much thinner for some reason.

Even though I only eat one meal a day, I don't know why my weight keeps bouncing up and down. Eating 50 percent of what I used to should have resulted in more weight loss than this.

Yeah I got a tan from my road trip to Arizona and Utah.

Falcon, btw, regarding the photo below, those two Eurasian kids at the bottom are my cousin's kids. She is half white and half Taiwanese, and her kids are only a quarter Taiwanese. lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:
I have gotten thinner here in the US. But it doesn't show in those photos above, because the camera bloats the slightest roundness in your body. If you look at me in the mirror, I look much thinner for some reason.
Well to my eyes, you looked fatter last time I saw you in person than you do in these photos Falcon just posted. So perhaps the mirror distorts too. Otherwise, you've lost so much weight that even with the visual fattening effect of the camera, your current pictures look slimmer than you did in person just months ago.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Wow, nice to see some photos from this meetup. I guess Winston is enjoying the USA again after so much time in Taiwan.

I think he should come to Bangkok - I think he would enjoy the variety of food and looking at the ladies.

Kuala Lumpur's China Town had "a strip", i.e. a place you could buy t shirts and all the other crap tourists wander round looking at. More people need to discover that if you never buy stuff you can retire 10 years earlier :) .
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I second Rock on this one, too. If now Winston began to use cetaphil among a couple of other facial cleansers and bjore strips, he'll look almost like the Winston we knew and envied to a T.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Las Vegas with Winston (photos)

Post by Teal Lantern »

If Winston was carrying around flyers ...

showing he owned free & clear title of his new Happier Abroad HQ in Las Vegas ...

he'd experience a noticeable uptick :shock: in the number of women interested in the #1 Freethinking Asian in the world.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

hey hey winston how long did you stay in taiwan.

i can see how taiwan would NOT be a paradise. because i just saw a video of a foreigner getting arrested for beating up his taiwanese girlfriend. something like that would not get him arrested if he were in eastern europe or russia.

so i assume the laws in taiwan are very strict on men much like the USA.

quite a sad society.

also, you seem relaxed and happy with yourself. including content. all the more better if life in the moment makes you feel good. just get your ass back to the phillipens to really rejuvanete.

one more thing...your pm box isnt working. i sent you a messege twice. and you have not recieved them. your site is glitchy again.
Last edited by ssjparris on July 17th, 2013, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

who the hell is this ???...........

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Steve and I went to downtown Las Vegas, where everything is cheaper than on the strip. There were many good bands and music there too. Below are photos of me with hot girls there who were in costumes. Touching them gave me a horny high. lol

I should have brought Falcon there when he was here. He would have had more fun.

Me under a Filipina dancer.

WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Re: Las Vegas with Winston (photos)

Post by WorldTraveler »

Where are those pictures taken, hotel, or bar? Winston, what are those girls? waitresses, door girls, bartenders? I like the "native American", I think that is what she is supposed to be.