So ... where do I start?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
V
Freshman Poster

So ... where do I start?

Post by V »

Hey guys, this is my first post.

Great site, Winston!

OK, you guys are convincing me that I should give this overseas dating thing a shot. Besides the women, I want to travel and see the world, and I also want to see what life is like outside the USA "matrix." So, I'm wondering what advice you might have for what I'm looking to do.

Here is my situation in a nutshell:

- I'm an American
- White, tall, blondish hair, blue eyes -- many of the "advantages" a guy might have when it comes to getting women (and I do get women, but not the ones I REALLY want -- I'm an older guy, but I like younger women, and it does get a little tougher with younger American women as the age difference gets wider)
- Finding myself less and less interested in American women for all the reasons listed on this website
- Not interested in marriage (but that could always change)
- Source of income is an internet business, but it is still new and the income is unstable
- MUST have reliable, high-speed internet service wherever I stay
- Want to live on about US$2,000 per month (plus airfares on top of that) -- more than what most of the locals make, but I will be there on a temporary basis
- Want to "sample" the world -- and the women of the world -- by staying in each place about 2 months or so, and then moving on to someplace else
- I like big cities or beach resorts (warm weather)
- Plan to stay in mostly the "lower tier" countries, but might check out some "higher tier" countries, too
- I like beautiful, sexy, young -- feminine -- women (note the plural version of that word! - hehe)
- My taste in women is either latina or white (blonde or brunette) -- not as much into Asian women, but the hot ones are really, really sexy, so I want to check out Asia, too
- I have no problem approaching women anywhere I go, and I want to meet them in shopping malls and regular bars (not so much into the go go bar thing -- nothing against it in principle, just not exciting to me like a real pickup)
- I only speak English, though I know a little Spanish and am willing to learn new languages (but don't want to spend a lot of time on that if my stay will only be short-term)
- After I've done my world "sampling," then I should have a better idea of where I might want to live on a longer-term basis, but for the next year or so, I want to be a nomad

Given that info, I am considering these countries (from Western Hemisphere and moving east):

Argentina
Brazil
Colombia
Peru
Ecuador
Dominican Republic
Poland
Bulgaria
Slovakia
Latvia
Lithuania
Estonia
Russia
Philippines

Also of interest (not "lower tier"):
Canada (Montreal)
Spain
France
Germany
Netherlands
Sweden
Italy
Japan
Austraila
New Zealand

Obviously, if I spend 2 or 3 months in each place, I can only choose a few of those the first year (other than side trips or stop overs).

Given all that, I ask your opinions:

(1) Which countries/cities would you say might be best for me to choose, given my interests and situation -- and why (assume I spend 2 months in each, and do this for one year -- 6 cities/countries total)? Should I just do 1 month in each, and see more like 10-12 cities/countries?

(2) Is it a good strategy to (a) pick a country/city, (b) buy plane tickets, (c) reserve a hotel online for the first 3 nights, (d) arrive and spend the first couple days finding a weekly or monthly apartment rental? Any better way to find longer-term (but not really long-term) rentals?

(3) What is the best way to (a) have local phone service for talking with the girls and generally having a social life, and (b) make business calls back to the USA -- anyone use Vonage?

(4) Health considerations -- should I take any shots or have any particular type of health insurance (I do not take any medications or have any health issues now)?

(5) Meeting women -- I do not plan on joining any "agencies" (I’m not looking for a wife), nor any online dating sites, nor any "monger" bars. I plan to just show up, go to the shopping areas and university areas during the day to meet women, and regular bars/clubs at night. So, if anyone has *experience* (not theory) in doing this successfully in any of these areas of the world, do you have any recommendations for me?

(6) Can anyone recommend a good electronic translator, ideally where I can type something in English and have it "say" it in another language (as opposed to the ones that only have specific phrases, like "Where is the bathroom?")?

Looking forward to reading your suggestions.

Thanks!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome V.

Wow what a hard user name to remember! (sarcastic) It's the shortest one I've seen so far. I don't think it can get any shorter. lol

Anyhow, to answer some of your questions. I've seen electronic translators between English and five or ten major languages at Costco for $20-$30. And I've seen some on the internet for $200. So it depends on how good you want it to be. I get by on the cheap ones just fine. Try Ebay too. In Russia I had one for $30 that worked great. The cheaper ones can't say the words though.

For apartments, it's good to ask locals and look around. The ones advertised in magazines or on websites tend to be more expensive.

If you like Latina's, what about Filipinas? They are Latin Asian.

In some countries, you buy the health insurance before you go in. Latvia and Lithuania are like that, but they are cheap and only cost a few dollars. You can get expat health insurance at a fee. Just google "expat health insurance" to read some info.

I hope some others will give their input too.

How did you find this site?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
V
Freshman Poster

Post by V »

Vinstonas wrote:Welcome V.

Wow what a hard user name to remember! (sarcastic) It's the shortest one I've seen so far. I don't think it can get any shorter. lol

Anyhow, to answer some of your questions. I've seen electronic translators between English and five or ten major languages at Costco for $20-$30. And I've seen some on the internet for $200. So it depends on how good you want it to be. I get by on the cheap ones just fine. Try Ebay too. In Russia I had one for $30 that worked great. The cheaper ones can't say the words though.

For apartments, it's good to ask locals and look around. The ones advertised in magazines or on websites tend to be more expensive.

If you like Latina's, what about Filipinas? They are Latin Asian.

In some countries, you buy the health insurance before you go in. Latvia and Lithuania are like that, but they are cheap and only cost a few dollars. You can get expat health insurance at a fee. Just google "expat health insurance" to read some info.

I hope some others will give their input too.

How did you find this site?
Hey!

I would like to tell you where I found your website, but I really don't remember. Just surfing around, you know?

Yes, I do want to check out the Philippines. I've met some Filipinas in the states that where hot.

I really don't know if the grass will really be greener for me elsewhere, but I figure it will be a fun ride to find out. I've had some experience with non-American women, but not much.

I met a Bulgarian woman when I was on a cruise, looked a lot like Paris Hilton, and she was so open sexually that it blew my mind. No games, just sex. Nice!

Also, I met a Brazilian woman in San Diego. Got her back to my place on the first "date" (just met for a drink), and she started playing games with me. When I called her on it, she said that American women had informed her that the "way it's done in America" is no sex until the third date. So, they had already poisoned her mind. Happens fast!

Glad to see there are guys on this message board sharing their ideas about this subject. It is not easy to find other guys who will talk about it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You're right. Not many will talk about it, cause it's a taboo subject. And we are conditioned to live in fear and to follow the party line, which in this modern day is political correctness.

Well on the other side, some of the grass is greener yeah, but others are less green. You will find it's a tradeoff. In some ways you will be delighted, in other ways you will be annoyed.

Perhaps Ladislav can answer some of your other questions.

What part of the US are you in?

A single hot lady on a cruise? I thought that only happens in movies. Where was this cruise? She must have had money to be there.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
V
Freshman Poster

Post by V »

Vinstonas wrote:You're right. Not many will talk about it, cause it's a taboo subject. And we are conditioned to live in fear and to follow the party line, which in this modern day is political correctness.

Well on the other side, some of the grass is greener yeah, but others are less green. You will find it's a tradeoff. In some ways you will be delighted, in other ways you will be annoyed.

Perhaps Ladislav can answer some of your other questions.

What part of the US are you in?

A single hot lady on a cruise? I thought that only happens in movies. Where was this cruise? She must have had money to be there.
Yeah, the trade-offs. I don't know exactly what they will be or how I will feel about them.

I would definitely like to see what Ladislov has to say. I like his posts and the way he thinks.

I grew up in the Midwest, lived in San Diego several years, and am doing a little traveling around at the moment in the states.

A few years ago, I was going to take this around the world adventure, but then I hit a financial meltdown. But at the time, I decided to take 3 cruises to the Caribbean (long story, but I was moving out of my place earlier than expected, and I got a deal where it was not much more to take 3 cruises -- basically, to live on a cruise ship for a few weeks -- than it would have been to live where I was at, so I cruised). It was Carnival Cruise lines, too, where you would expect to find younger women. And there were young women, even some hot ones, but most were with boyfriends. I only found 2 single, hot-looking younger women on 3 cruises total. One of them got snatched up by one of the guys working for the cruise line before I met her. But the other one was the one I met from Bulgaria, and I got her. I think her friend's mother paid for her trip.

Had a great time with her, but the other 2 cruises sucked. If I ever do one again, I will only go by the "BYOB" policy -- Bring Your Own Babe.