Steve's ongoing Philippines trip report (now with photos!!)

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Well, the new girl that I had high hopes for didn't work out so it's back to square one. Man, did she ever have a boring personality. It's one of those things that you don't notice at first because you are so wrapped up in the initial excitement and the initial attraction of it all. At first, she seemed to have it all and I was thinking she was it. But after spending some back to back days together, (in tagaytay) the monotone voice and lack of much anything interesting to say really wore me down. She's a great girl and would have made a great wife, but man, sad to say she had one of the most boring personalities I ever saw and it wore me down in short time. I'm starting to see why some people say that relationships should be about 80% personality and 20% looks. No matter how hot and young a girl is, if she has nothing much interesting to say and has a mono tone voice to go along with it, it ain't gonna be someone you can live day to day with. So, as a result of these experiences I'm having with girls who either don't talk or can't talk much about anything of interest or just lack basic personality, I'm making a commitment to only meet educated higher class girls. I hate to say it, but I guess I need girls with a more westernized personality. Lol. Gawd, never thing I'd say that. Lol. Here in Rockwell where I'm staying, (a very high class wealthy district of makati) I've been able to observe the women here and I realize that most of these girls here in Rockwell are more what I'm comfortable with. They have much more animated and lively personalities. I guess their personalities are more westernized. Anyways, these first 7 weeks have been a major learning process for me in understanding what I'm really looking for and needing in a woman. The shy and quiet types that I thought I would really like, I don't like. Shy and quiet can seem cute at first, but it sucks in the long run. It's sheer boredom hell.

On a different note, I went to club republiq Saturday night and had a totally different result than the other time I hit the night clubs here in Manila. At republiq, I had multiple number of girls eye balling me and all in all, I ended up speaking and flirting with 3 of them, as 3 was all I had time for. Lol. I chose one and the rest was history. So in a nutshell , I totally killed it at club republiq. What a difference going to a different club made. The difference compared to other clubs or bars I've been to was that the types of people at republiq weren't cliquish at all and definitely were there to meet someone. I'd say that the people there were mostly middle class. On a separate note, I also have to say that so far at every club I've been to, there are "working girls" roaming around too. You don't find that in the states at all. But here it seems unavoidable just about anywhere you go.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I'll plan to hit the night scene again on Saturday or Sunday. I'll try to hook up with mguy for that. Till next update, later gators.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well Steve, if you don't like the shy sweet simple type, then you shouldn't have gone to the Philippines. lol. That's what the girls there are like. It's hard to pull a middle class girl.

What did you mean when you said this:
"On a different note, I went to club republiq Saturday night and had a totally different result than the other time I hit the night clubs here in Manila. At republiq, I had multiple number of girls eye balling me and all in all, I ended up speaking and flirting with 3 of them, as 3 was all I had time for. Lol. I chose one and the rest was history. So in a nutshell , I totally killed it at club republiq."

What did you mean that you "chose one and the rest of history"? What happened?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

steve55 wrote:Well, the new girl that I had high hopes for didn't work out so it's back to square one. Man, did she ever have a boring personality. It's one of those things that you don't notice at first because you are so wrapped up in the initial excitement and the initial attraction of it all. At first, she seemed to have it all and I was thinking she was it. But after spending some back to back days together, (in tagaytay) the monotone voice and lack of much anything interesting to say really wore me down. She's a great girl and would have made a great wife, but man, sad to say she had one of the most boring personalities I ever saw and it wore me down in short time. I'm starting to see why some people say that relationships should be about 80% personality and 20% looks. No matter how hot and young a girl is, if she has nothing much interesting to say and has a mono tone voice to go along with it, it ain't gonna be someone you can live day to day with. So, as a result of these experiences I'm having with girls who either don't talk or can't talk much about anything of interest or just lack basic personality, I'm making a commitment to only meet educated higher class girls. I hate to say it, but I guess I need girls with a more westernized personality. Lol. Gawd, never thing I'd say that. Lol. Here in Rockwell where I'm staying, (a very high class wealthy district of makati) I've been able to observe the women here and I realize that most of these girls here in Rockwell are more what I'm comfortable with. They have much more animated and lively personalities. I guess their personalities are more westernized. Anyways, these first 7 weeks have been a major learning process for me in understanding what I'm really looking for and needing in a woman. The shy and quiet types that I thought I would really like, I don't like. Shy and quiet can seem cute at first, but it sucks in the long run. It's sheer boredom hell.
Boy, I know exactly what you mean! I love Filipinas, but a lot of them are just horrible conversationalists. But don't worry, you can find exactly what you're looking for in the Philippines.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Winston wrote:Well Steve, if you don't like the shy sweet simple type, then you shouldn't have gone to the Philippines. lol. That's what the girls there are like. It's hard to pull a middle class girl.

What did you mean when you said this:
"On a different note, I went to club republiq Saturday night and had a totally different result than the other time I hit the night clubs here in Manila. At republiq, I had multiple number of girls eye balling me and all in all, I ended up speaking and flirting with 3 of them, as 3 was all I had time for. Lol. I chose one and the rest was history. So in a nutshell , I totally killed it at club republiq."

Just sounds like a good night at the nightclub. Engaging with multiple women, picking one and taking her back to the hotel for a romp in the sheets...lol. That's the way I read it. If so, way to go Steve :)
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Well Steve, if you don't like the shy sweet simple type, then you shouldn't have gone to the Philippines. lol. That's what the girls there are like. It's hard to pull a middle class girl.
Yea, I agree Winston . But I'm gonna try to do it and see what happens.

If no luck soon, I'll head on over to colombia as I had originally planned.
Pm me if you want to know more Winston :)
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Well folks, I'm sad to say that the thrilla in Manila has come to an end with no results. However, this trip benefited me a great deal in that I learned something about myself that I didn't know beforehand. What I learned is that no matter how cute, sweet and sexy a girl may be, I have to have a girl who can converse well and who has intellect. In order to find that I'll likely have to find a middle or higher class girl. And as it is, Ive learned that I'm just not comfortable nor can I relate well with a less than middle class girl. There are middle to higher class girls here in the Philippines but as Winston very correctly stated, they are very hard to find and they definitely have no particular interest in meeting foreigners . I'm so very tempted to call BS on the gentlemen who posted here how he was able to rub elbows with the middle and upper class people in the Phils. I really hate to accuse someone of lying unless there is absolute direct evidence of a lie, but after 2 months here of trying everything (even including a meet up.com event here in Manila) I firmly believe that gentlemen is either lying or confused about the class of people he met. I suspect the latter with him. I would like to see photo proof of anyone who comes on here and claims they can mingle with the middle to upper class. I've seen this group of people (especially as I stayed at the Rockwell district of makati) and these girls have no interest in foreigners at all. Winston is absolutely correct about that.

Next, I plan to go to colombia as I originally planned prior to being thrown off course with the filipina girl I came to the Phils to meet. And given my discovery that I need a intellectual type of girl, I just might consider doing a tour with mark Davis of European dream connections if colombia doesn't work out either. However, that's a slight "maybe". Regarding that, I always assumed that russian and Eastern European girls spoke no English but I've since learned that this is not true and that many of those girls do speak English. But I've never leaned that direction because I've always felt that those girls were more cold and staunch and as materialistic as American women are. The worst part is that very few of them are Christian and that is an absolute deal killer for me. And lastly, I believe that the cultural adjustment/transition is the hardest for girls in that part of the world. Anyways, it's just a thought, even if unlikely.

I plan to add photos to this trip report so you guys can see the girls I met. And I plan to add a Philippines section to my website with lots of photos of the ladies that I took in the malls and walking about in public. One thing that stands out in a dramatic way, .... There is no obesity or overweight problem in the Philippines. For men who like thin women, this means almost all girls are in your dating pool and hence this greatly expands your potential dating options. In America where 70-75% of women are overweight, 70-75% of your dating pool is wiped out or nullified from the get go. And as Winston says, in America , 100% of the men are all chasing after that very small sliver of 20-25% of women who are not overweight. What a nightmare of competition not to mention big heads and entitlement issues this creates among the thin women who are getting all the male attention. Not so in the Philippines and that makes a huge difference !!
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

steve55 wrote:Well folks, I'm sad to say that the thrilla in Manila has come to an end with no results. However, this trip benefited me a great deal in that I learned something about myself that I didn't know beforehand. What I learned is that no matter how cute, sweet and sexy a girl may be, I have to have a girl who can converse well and who has intellect. In order to find that I'll likely have to find a middle or higher class girl. And as it is, Ive learned that I'm just not comfortable nor can I relate well with a less than middle class girl. There are middle to higher class girls here in the Philippines but as Winston very correctly stated, they are very hard to find and they definitely have no particular interest in meeting foreigners . I'm so very tempted to call BS on the gentlemen who posted here how he was able to rub elbows with the middle and upper class people in the Phils. I really hate to accuse someone of lying unless there is absolute direct evidence of a lie, but after 2 months here of trying everything (even including a meet up.com event here in Manila) I firmly believe that gentlemen is either lying or confused about the class of people he met. I suspect the latter with him. I would like to see photo proof of anyone who comes on here and claims they can mingle with the middle to upper class. I've seen this group of people (especially as I stayed at the Rockwell district of makati) and these girls have no interest in foreigners at all. Winston is absolutely correct about that.

Next, I plan to go to colombia as I originally planned prior to being thrown off course with the filipina girl I came to the Phils to meet. And given my discovery that I need a intellectual type of girl, I just might consider doing a tour with mark Davis of European dream connections if colombia doesn't work out either. However, that's a slight "maybe". Regarding that, I always assumed that russian and Eastern European girls spoke no English but I've since learned that this is not true and that many of those girls do speak English. But I've never leaned that direction because I've always felt that those girls were more cold and staunch and as materialistic as American women are. The worst part is that very few of them are Christian and that is an absolute deal killer for me. And lastly, I believe that the cultural adjustment/transition is the hardest for girls in that part of the world. Anyways, it's just a thought, even if unlikely.

I plan to add photos to this trip report so you guys can see the girls I met. And I plan to add a Philippines section to my website with lots of photos of the ladies that I took in the malls and walking about in public. One thing that stands out in a dramatic way, .... There is no obesity or overweight problem in the Philippines. For men who like thin women, this means almost all girls are in your dating pool and hence this greatly expands your potential dating options. In America where 70-75% of women are overweight, 70-75% of your dating pool is wiped out or nullified from the get go. And as Winston says, in America , 100% of the men are all chasing after that very small sliver of 20-25% of women who are not overweight. What a nightmare of competition not to mention big heads and entitlement issues this creates among the thin women who are getting all the male attention. Not so in the Philippines and that makes a huge difference !!
Steve, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you there. As for what makes a girl 'middle class' there is somewhat subjective and up for debate. Upper class girls there, just like about anywhere else in the world, are going to be difficult to impossible to access but even if you do meet them, there's a high chance you won't relate well since they too are quite different (perspective, values, etc) from American style middle class.

However, I believe that it's not difficult to find a "a girl who can converse well and who has intellect" in the Philippines. I've met and enjoyed quite a few, no BS that. And I think even Winston will believe me. Ginger sure was never at a loss for words lol.

I wonder if you are somehow jinxed there, that it's just the wrong country for you. I mean you've been going there for nearly a decade and have had several serious relationships with Filipinas. But they all ended up going nowhere even though your goal is marriage. And only now do you even discover that typical 'poor' Filipinas are not suitable for you, that you need 'middle or upper class' ones. Why do you suppose that didn't occur to you in previous years or could it be that you've just changed? If so, good thing you didn't marry one of those girls from previous relationships, probably all of whom fit the 'surplus Filipina' category coined by mguy lol.
Rich
Freshman Poster

Post by Rich »

Steve, thanks for the great trip report. I'm heading to Manila in the next couple of weeks, you've given me plenty to think about.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

steve55 wrote:I always assumed that russian and Eastern European girls spoke no English but I've since learned that this is not true and that many of those girls do speak English. But I've never leaned that direction because I've always felt that those girls were more cold and staunch and as materialistic as American women are. The worst part is that very few of them are Christian and that is an absolute deal killer for me. And lastly, I believe that the cultural adjustment/transition is the hardest for girls in that part of the world. Anyways, it's just a thought, even if unlikely.
Yes, after 2 expeditions to the Ukraine, I can say that you're absolutely right about that. They're very materialistic; I can't believe the nerve of these women who asked if I owned or rented my home, or if I made more than $80K per year, or if I was having financial difficulties. And they're not Christian at all. They have no problem with sleeping with a guy withing a week of meeting him (sometimes within one day). Maybe I could have found some exceptions if I'd lived there for a few months, but sadly, that's not an option.

I think the situation was different right after the Cold War ended, but those days are over :cry:
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:
steve55 wrote:Well folks, I'm sad to say that the thrilla in Manila has come to an end with no results. However, this trip benefited me a great deal in that I learned something about myself that I didn't know beforehand. What I learned is that no matter how cute, sweet and sexy a girl may be, I have to have a girl who can converse well and who has intellect. In order to find that I'll likely have to find a middle or higher class girl. And as it is, Ive learned that I'm just not comfortable nor can I relate well with a less than middle class girl. There are middle to higher class girls here in the Philippines but as Winston very correctly stated, they are very hard to find and they definitely have no particular interest in meeting foreigners . I'm so very tempted to call BS on the gentlemen who posted here how he was able to rub elbows with the middle and upper class people in the Phils. I really hate to accuse someone of lying unless there is absolute direct evidence of a lie, but after 2 months here of trying everything (even including a meet up.com event here in Manila) I firmly believe that gentlemen is either lying or confused about the class of people he met. I suspect the latter with him. I would like to see photo proof of anyone who comes on here and claims they can mingle with the middle to upper class. I've seen this group of people (especially as I stayed at the Rockwell district of makati) and these girls have no interest in foreigners at all. Winston is absolutely correct about that.

Steve, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you there. As for what makes a girl 'middle class' there is somewhat subjective and up for debate. Upper class girls there, just like about anywhere else in the world, are going to be difficult to impossible to access but even if you do meet them, there's a high chance you won't relate well since they too are quite different (perspective, values, etc) from American style middle class.

However, I believe that it's not difficult to find a "a girl who can converse well and who has intellect" in the Philippines. I've met and enjoyed quite a few, no BS that. And I think even Winston will believe me. Ginger sure was never at a loss for words lol.

I wonder if you are somehow jinxed there, that it's just the wrong country for you. I mean you've been going there for nearly a decade and have had several serious relationships with Filipinas. But they all ended up going nowhere even though your goal is marriage. And only now do you even discover that typical 'poor' Filipinas are not suitable for you, that you need 'middle or upper class' ones. Why do you suppose that didn't occur to you in previous years or could it be that you've just changed? If so, good thing you didn't marry one of those girls from previous relationships, probably all of whom fit the 'surplus Filipina' category coined by mguy lol.
Good questions. I cannot imagine going to clubs to look for Wife material. LOL
This sounds like foolishness, and looking for a wife in clubs is a fool's errand.
There are a huge number of girls from solid families who have college degrees
and have the ability to have a good conversation. They may not be "middle class"
or higher, but they are not poverty stricken either.

Steve really needs to ask himself some questions about how he is going about his
search. There are a lot of girls out there, but nothing about Steve's approach
seems at all likely to put him in contact with intelligent decent girls.

>>>I wonder if the SEARCH is not more fun than the settling success of finding a good girl.
If you are a grown man and seriously think that clubs are anywhere on the list of
places to find a good mate, you still have some growing up to do.

Ask yourself...how do those "middle class" filipino families actually see me?
Pretty much, they will see you as a foreigner here for a good time.
Hardly the kind of man that are desired as mates by girls from such families.

Unless you set yourself apart, the odds of escaping stereotypes are slim.
Become a decent man yourself...that is a good start. Do not be part of the
monger life. Involve yourself with a good charity group- disaster relief...medical
outreach. You will be amazed at some of the filipinas and Filipino families
you find involved in such efforts. Do you really think you are going to find a
selfish little bitch involved in relief efforts in Tacloban? Not likely.
Those girls are in clubs looking to get some attention from the similar
endless stream of player foreign men who infest the Philippines...and who will
most likely get the failures they earned.

Yes, I know, being involved in the real world in the Philippines in a constructive
way is not nearly as much fun as being a player in some club...not nearly as much
"fun" as posing as a well off playboy or man of the world in some Makati night spot.

In the end, we reap what we sow.

Outwest
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

Hero wrote:
steve55 wrote:I always assumed that russian and Eastern European girls spoke no English but I've since learned that this is not true and that many of those girls do speak English. But I've never leaned that direction because I've always felt that those girls were more cold and staunch and as materialistic as American women are. The worst part is that very few of them are Christian and that is an absolute deal killer for me. And lastly, I believe that the cultural adjustment/transition is the hardest for girls in that part of the world. Anyways, it's just a thought, even if unlikely.
Yes, after 2 expeditions to the Ukraine, I can say that you're absolutely right about that. They're very materialistic; I can't believe the nerve of these women who asked if I owned or rented my home, or if I made more than $80K per year, or if I was having financial difficulties. And they're not Christian at all. They have no problem with sleeping with a guy withing a week of meeting him (sometimes within one day). Maybe I could have found some exceptions if I'd lived there for a few months, but sadly, that's not an option.

I think the situation was different right after the Cold War ended, but those days are over :cry:
Yes, as I've said all-along - these girls are single for a reason. There's a reason why so many Russian men won't marry them, but will use them for sex. Russian men are better off than we are, as they don't work& can't pay child support. Their Govt won't dare jail them because they know many men have been in the army and know how to get revenge.
Last edited by polya on January 1st, 2014, 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

This sounds like foolishness, and looking for a wife in clubs is a fool's errand.
and have the ability to have a good conversation. They may not be "middle class"

Steve really needs to ask himself some questions about how he is going about his

>>>I wonder if the SEARCH is not more fun than the settling success of finding a good girl.
If you are a grown man and seriously think that clubs are anywhere on the list of

monger life. Involve yourself with a good charity group- disaster relief...medical

Yes, I know, being involved in the real world in the Philippines in a constructive
way is not nearly as much fun as being a player in some club...not nearly as much
"fun" as posing as a well off playboy or man of the world in some Makati night spot.
Oh gosh no, I wasn't going to clubs looking for wife material. lol. Out of 8 weekends that I could have hit the clubs, I only did so twice. I was just curious about the pickup scene there but that was all. Clubbing or bar hopping for purposes of meeting the right girl was never in the game plan.

What was in the game plan was meeting girls off the Internet. It was the only game plan I had. And the girls who put profiles up on the Internet are marriage minded which is great.
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

Man, i just haven't found those types yet. So far all meet ups have been with girls who can't talk. If you know a few whom you can set up an introduction with for me that would be great.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

OutWest wrote:
Good questions. I cannot imagine going to clubs to look for Wife material. LOL

In the end, we reap what we sow.

Outwest
I'd certainly agree with both Outwest and Rock. Seems to me there are 3 different issues here: class, education, and culture. Because a girl is middle class does not by definition make her a great conversationalist - there are plenty of middle class idiots everywhere in the world. For that matter an educated girl might not be a great conversationalist either. By that I mean she may have a degree and some smarts but not a Western view or interests in conversing about what a Western guy is interested in conversing about. My wife is sort of in that category. She's degreed, bright and has good social skills, but little knowledge on social or political issues in the West. So a girl can be bright and educated but not have a Westernized view.

For a night or two maybe I would like a more Westernized view, but not for a lifetime. Meeting a good girl for marriage, wanting her to be educated, middle class and have a Westernized view of the world - that's a tough combo to find anywhere. It's like the old line, "you can have it fast, cheap or good - pick two." In the Philippines you can find good girls for marriage, educated girls, and middle class and above girls - pick two.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

If you talk to the guys here who are happily married to Filipinas they'll all echo the same bit of advice ie find a way to avoid the "low hanging fruit" and aim higher. We've argued this point back and forth throughout the years and I've always said it's difficult to just show up in the Phils with the goal of finding a QUALITY mate. You'll run into the same problem that will haunt you in Thailand and that is until proven otherwise, any short timer will be viewed as a whoremonger. Quality girls will NOT give you the time of day. They don't know you or trust you because you are a complete stranger who will leave soon. Foreign guys used to come up to my wife all the time and she'd just scurry away. So using the cold approach on the more desirables? IMHO, it's a waste of time.

Hey there is more than one way to peel a banana but I still prefer trying to meet the good girls online. Do your advanced search and focus on girls with 4 year degrees. As Dave was pointing out, they probably won't have a Westernized point of view but that's ok! If you bring her over to your home country and she's smart, she'll get up to speed very quickly but yet she'll retain her good girl traits that you'll end up cherishing.

My wife has been here for 7 years and has a good job. Do we ever discuss heavy politics or world events? Rarely. But we do discuss everyday events and we communicate just fine! I doubt she'll ever adopt a complete Westernized view because she has little interest in doing so. My wife has functional intelligence and that works for me.

If I had to do this all over again, I'd still focus on the educated women online. But the process takes time. They need to get to know you before they'll commit. It might take many many months (it did for me) before you gain her trust. It's kind of like peeling an onion, one layer at a time. I talked to my wife for 6 months before I went over to visit her. But when I arrived, we had already established that bond so things went very smoothly. This is my recommendation to you guys seeking the higher echelon ladies.