Should I beg on the street to escape America?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
magnum
Junior Poster

Should I beg on the street to escape America?

Post by magnum »

First of all, I don't know if my pride would allow me to do this, but I've been thinking about it, second of all, I WANT to work, but it seems as though putting in applications is almost worthless, it feels as though I have to work at finding a job to work my ass off, when the hell did that happen, I should be able to WORK for money at any given moment.

It's so bad I've thought about doing something illegal to get money but I'm a moral and honorable man.

So that leaves me with begging on the street, I see other homeless guys do this full time, they lie and slander and this is the key difference.

I plan on flat out holding a sign that says "Need money to leave country"

Perhaps I'll make some perhaps I wont, but the money I make from donating blood and begging might get me enough to renew my visa buy my plain ticket and get the hell out of this country.

The plain ticket is 650$ the visa renewal is 200$ and I'd like at least 1000$ to pay for food while I'm hopefully being trained for my English teaching position, some of the jobs say they pay while your being trained and at the end of your first year you'll get a TEFL, that's not a bad bonus.

total amount would be 1850$ such a small amount to get your life started, I'd like to get this amount before my birthday on may 29th, I'll be 29 years old.

What do you think gentlemen?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Well, that might be the right thing to do, but whatever you do, try to cheer the hell up. You have your health, you are relatively young and therefore can ride this shitstorm out, you have an Internet connection and you are not starving. It is a hard time all round. You think you have it worse than most, but maybe you don't. You can maintain your sanity in a shit society for many years if you see it as being an interesting experience. Think of what you are going through right now as something you can tell your grandchildren about.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I remember a special on TV about some of these street beggars some time ago. One of them would beg full time at a highway off ramp. At the end of the day, he would get in his BMW and go to his $200K house. (This was years ago when a $200K house was a big deal)
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

That's all I view this as, riding out the shit storm until I can afford to get out of here.

I'm actually walking tall and confadent despite all that has happened, I realize my situation is nothing compared to some peoples, I'm thankful for that.

As for the begging, I'd imagine it's going to come back to bite me, someone I know or see at the gym is bound to see me at one point, I've already told my parents I was contemplating it, my mother went off on me on how I'm not seriously looking for a job every second of every day, need to call back and talk to the manager to get positions ect.

I've thought about collecting things to recycle, but that's not realistic, you get literally almost nothing for pounds and pounds of material to recycle.

I have 2 collectables, both worth over 100$ I'd hate to see them go, but it might be worth selling them on ebay.

What I worry about the most is people thinking less of me, but in the end...what would it matter, I'll be departing from this part of the world soon, pride is a dangerous thing, it can cause you to be great or destroy your self.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

magnum wrote:Tmy mother went off on me on how I'm not seriously looking for a job every second of every day, need to call back and talk to the manager to get positions ect.
It is a pity you can not make these people more intelligent and worthwhile for a minute in order to make them realize how stupid and worthless they are. Don't worry about the comments of idiots who have not been in your position (or even those that have a while back). They don't have a clue.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

Cornfed wrote:Well, that might be the right thing to do, but whatever you do, try to cheer the hell up. You have your health, you are relatively young and therefore can ride this shitstorm out, you have an Internet connection and you are not starving. It is a hard time all round. You think you have it worse than most, but maybe you don't. You can maintain your sanity in a shit society for many years if you see it as being an interesting experience. Think of what you are going through right now as something you can tell your grandchildren about.

^^^^THIS. You are still young, you don't have tens of thousands of dollars in debt to deal with and you've got your health. If you really push yourself, you can be out of the country in your early 30's at very latest. There are still things you can do here in order to set yourself up for a better experience abroad.

What state are you in? Some states are better than others when it comes to employment. You might consider applying for jobs all over the USA. For instance, you can work Front Desk at an extended stay hotel that allows you to live on property for a small deduction from your paycheck. This would allow you to take a job anywhere in the USA. Once you land that job, you can search for an additional one and/or a better one. Within a year or so you could have enough $$ to support yourself for a year in China without working at all. That would give you a MUCH better chance of having a successful experience in China.

You can't expect anything to fall in your lap or for everything to go smoothly in life. It's getting more and more difficult to succeed. However, consider how many unmotivated, lazy, useless people there are in the USA. The competition really isn't that tough here and you CAN succeed if you have what the majority lacks...motivation and desire.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 4th, 2020, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why don't you go to a temp agency like Kelly Services or Manpower? They always have temporary positions.

Or sell plasma? You can do that twice a week or something.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: Should I beg on the street to escape America?

Post by Jackal »

magnum wrote: I plan on flat out holding a sign that says "Need money to leave country"
Well, if you can get the money you need from begging and you have few other options, then why not? But I think that you will make more money if you write something on your sign which is something Americans are already conditioned to believe/like. The very idea of leaving America seems strange and "un-American" to many Americans, so a lot of people might not respond well to it.

If I remember correctly, you are a Christian and there are tons of Christians or at least tons of people who want to pretend they are Christians in the US, so maybe you could write some Christian message on your sign to appeal to those people. "Need money to spread Jesus' word abroad" or something like that might generate more interest. But I am not Christian, so you probably have better ideas for the exact sentences.
magnum wrote:total amount would be 1850$ such a small amount to get your life started, I'd like to get this amount before my birthday on may 29th, I'll be 29 years old.
If you could get some university students to give you their used textbooks, you could sell them on Amazon. So many college textbooks are ridiculously expensive these days and cost over $100 new, so one could still sell many of them used for over $60.

Good luck with your plans.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Can't you pick up a job in fast food or retail or something at the very least? You can clear about 200 a week and be out of the country within 3 months, sooner if you get two minimum wage jobs.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Honestly, I'll literally work for any job doing anything if needed, it's a means to a end, but even fast food jobs seem to be hard to get, I'm not sure why honestly, I would say it could be a problem with me even, but I don't understand what it could be, I've seen people working fast food without a fraction of effort or I.Q.

I've looked in toe plasma, I can make 180$ a month if I donate twice a week.

I'll keep my eyes open for other jobs too, though I might have a shot at getting out of here a little sooner if it pans out.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

magnum wrote:Honestly, I'll literally work for any job doing anything if needed, it's a means to a end, but even fast food jobs seem to be hard to get, I'm not sure why honestly, I would say it could be a problem with me even, but I don't understand what it could be, I've seen people working fast food without a fraction of effort or I.Q.
I've looked in toe plasma, I can make 180$ a month if I donate twice a week.
I'll keep my eyes open for other jobs too, though I might have a shot at getting out of here a little sooner if it pans out.
What city do you live in?

Instead of fast food, you can look into working as a painter. Look for painter jobs on indeed.com and other sites that do not require x years of experience. I'm sure that you can use a roller brush and spray gun. If you search for "handyman" you can find jobs such as door installers. Here is a typical door installer job ad in LA:

Door Installer

O&J Locksmith Doors & Hardware, inc - North Hollywood, CA
Established Locksmith and Doors Company is looking for an individual to be part of our team.
Some experience with remodeling / construction is a plus.
The position is full-time for individual who is willing to work over-time and week-ends occasionally.

Applicant must have:
-Clean DMV record and Ca driver's license in good standing
-Drug Free
-Clean and neat appearance
-Mechanical problem solving ability
- Must speak, read and write English
- Have great attention to detail
- Basic handyman skills
- Provide References

Send resume / Call (xxx) xxx-xxxx

If you wish to pursue a career as a contractor, you can make decent money in fields like HVAC tech (>$50,000/year). All the AC units that use R-22 will have to be replaced in upcoming years.
targetguy
Freshman Poster

Live in a third world country without income?

Post by targetguy »

8) All I can say is the third world is not like the usa at all. If you have no money and get in any trouble the jails there are not good at all for a foreigner. Many people there will try to robb your wallet if they get a chance. Or do it in other ways like lying and disappearing. I would not even consider the third world without some type of income. That's why the boats are full of people going here daily. This trend may reverse if the currency collapses and is like the third world in a lot of ways already. If you have a tuff time getting a job then more then likely you don't live in texas , Arizona or a state like north Dakota that needs people. If you live in Detroit or California and have no skills things are no going to improve there.
no scammers
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I'm in california, the city is Arcadia, it's not too far from L.A

The painting deal would be great, but all the illegal Mexicans down here don't just take all the side jobs, but the real jobs too, one place had all mexicans and some were using fake SS numbers, or stolen.... it's so retarded.

If this was china, I'd just open up a wagon and sell food on the street, hell I could try doing that anyway, sell hotdogs, maybe I'll try it out, I see Mexicans selling corn covered in some special mixture all the time and people buy that, so why not hotdogs.