How can I help a Filipina immigrate to the USA?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Hero
Experienced Poster

How can I help a Filipina immigrate to the USA?

Post by Hero »

My Filipina friend is having trouble finding work in the Philippines due to her age. She's desperate for work, even as a maid or nanny. How would I go about helping her find work in the USA?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: How can I help a Filipina immigrate to the USA?

Post by OutWest »

Hero wrote:My Filipina friend is having trouble finding work in the Philippines due to her age. She's desperate for work, even as a maid or nanny. How would I go about helping her find work in the USA?

Sorry to say, your odds are not long- they are nearly zero. The fact that you need a job is not
a reason that US Immigration will allow in issuing a visa. Unless you are a Doctor, Nurse (Who has
passed US Nursing Board tests) or some other in-demand professional, you are out of luck.

Of course, marriage related visas are still possible.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Re: How can I help a Filipina immigrate to the USA?

Post by Hero »

OutWest wrote:Sorry to say, your odds are not long- they are nearly zero. The fact that you need a job is not
a reason that US Immigration will allow in issuing a visa. Unless you are a Doctor, Nurse (Who has
passed US Nursing Board tests) or some other in-demand professional, you are out of luck.

Of course, marriage related visas are still possible.
Yeah, I was afraid of that. She's pushing 40, so a marriage is pretty much out of the question. She's pretty much screwed.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Visa

Post by davewe »

The odds to the US are not good but there are work visas to canada and many other countries which if she is 40 she knows about. Why does it have to be the US?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Re: Visa

Post by Hero »

davewe wrote:The odds to the US are not good but there are work visas to canada and many other countries which if she is 40 she knows about. Why does it have to be the US?
She's probably looking in other countries too. But I'm sure the USA is her first choice. Everyone knows it's the best country in the world for women.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

How so?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

pandabear wrote:How so?
How so? In the USA, a woman doesn't have to be a virgin to get a great guy; she doesn't even have to be childless. And she doesn't have to be particularly young, either. She can be 30, 40, or even 50 years old and still be considered hot stuff. She doesn't even have to be slim or beautiful. Once a woman in the USA marries her sucker, she has the option of divorcing him and taking away his money, his home, and his kids for any reason, or no reason at all. She can even kill her kids and husbands with complete impunity. She will get all clasorts of support and nurturing in school, at the expense of her male classmates who are despised by the teachers and professors. She'll make out like a bandit when she buys health insurance, because her birth control expenses will be subsidized by everyone else. Did I miss anything?