WTF is wrong with Hong Kong women?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Since the fall of the "iron rice bowl", China does not have the same wide-coverage social security safety net as the US. Recently they've scrambled to implement pension & social security reforms. However out of 1.35 billion people, only ~380 million are covered by the urban-rural residents social pension insurance, and ~100 million by State pensions for the elderly.

A basic social pension payout in China is RMB 55 per month ($8.73 USD). China has very high savings rate because you need to save money for your own retirement. If the women are retired at 50-55 and the men retire at 60, that actually benefits the men who can work longer and save more $ for their own retirement.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

Can one "tame" the shrewish and overbearing Hong Kong (or Chinese) women the way Petruchio tames Katherina in Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew"?

As I recall, he "tames" his bride by using reverse psychology, regarding every harsh thing she says as knd and gentle, contradicts everything she says, forces her to agree with everything he says, no matter how ridiculous, and wears down her willpower. In the end, she becomes the compliant and obedient wife.

I wonder if the same technique is useable on the Hong Kong/Chinese women?
The Professor
Freshman Poster

Post by The Professor »

@ Kai- Well you asked for sources and you got them. Are you implying that women don't get to collect their pension at 50-55 and it is only like that on paper? I doubt that is the case. Why would the Chinese government make a law like that and not enforce it? In America they do things like that because a certain party will want to pass a law to appease certain voting blocs. But in China they would have no motivation to do something like that since it is ruled by one party with no elections to worry about. Obviously a lot of laws are worked around via bribing officials but that is a different story.

The fact of the matter is there ARE more men than woman and there IS a lot of competition for even the most unattractive Chinese women. This affects all men in China including foreigners. As I said before, I knew plenty of foreign guys who tried and had no luck with Chinese women. Some people on this forum agree with most of what I say about Chinese women and some guys on this forum had no luck with Chinese women either even though they tried. Even in this thread Ghost said China is not a good country to find a date. So I am by no means an anomaly.

And are you really implying that anyone who makes less than 50K in America is poor? You do realize that most young college educated guys make less than 50K these days, right? Most don't even make 50K in gross salary, let alone net. We're still in the middle of a recession and we're having a jobless recovery. I know you make 100K a year even though you are in your 20s but you're an anomaly. Either you have a rich and well connected family or you just got super lucky. You probably think you got to where you are mostly based on hard work, and while I'm certain you do work hard (only women can get through life easily without working hard) so does almost every other guy out there. It takes hard work, qualifications and luck to make a decent living as a man these days. For every guy in your financial situation there are plenty of guys like E Irizarry. For every guy that got a woman in China there are many guys like me, Ghost and ph_visitor. There were other guys who had no luck there as well but I can't remember all of their names.

Just remember all that luck you have could run out at a moment's notice. You live a much better life than almost every man I know but you could lose it all without even doing anything wrong. Your wife could leave you and take half. Your job could be outsourced or become obsolete.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

The Professor wrote:@ Kai- Well you asked for sources and you got them. Are you implying that women don't get to collect their pension at 50-55 and it is only like that on paper? I doubt that is the case. Why would the Chinese government make a law like that and not enforce it? In America they do things like that because a certain party will want to pass a law to appease certain voting blocs. But in China they would have no motivation to do something like that since it is ruled by one party with no elections to worry about. Obviously a lot of laws are worked around via bribing officials but that is a different story.

The fact of the matter is there ARE more men than woman and there IS a lot of competition for even the most unattractive Chinese women. This affects all men in China including foreigners. As I said before, I knew plenty of foreign guys who tried and had no luck with Chinese women. Some people on this forum agree with most of what I say about Chinese women and some guys on this forum had no luck with Chinese women either even though they tried. Even in this thread Ghost said China is not a good country to find a date. So I am by no means an anomaly.

And are you really implying that anyone who makes less than 50K in America is poor? You do realize that most young college educated guys make less than 50K these days, right? Most don't even make 50K in gross salary, let alone net. We're still in the middle of a recession and we're having a jobless recovery. I know you make 100K a year even though you are in your 20s but you're an anomaly. Either you have a rich and well connected family or you just got super lucky. You probably think you got to where you are mostly based on hard work, and while I'm certain you do work hard (only women can get through life easily without working hard) so does almost every other guy out there. It takes hard work, qualifications and luck to make a decent living as a man these days. For every guy in your financial situation there are plenty of guys like E Irizarry. For every guy that got a woman in China there are many guys like me, Ghost and ph_visitor. There were other guys who had no luck there as well but I can't remember all of their names.

Just remember all that luck you have could run out at a moment's notice. You live a much better life than almost every man I know but you could lose it all without even doing anything wrong. Your wife could leave you and take half. Your job could be outsourced or become obsolete.

1. You are misinterpreting China's system ONCE AGAIN!

A) That pension is only for government workers. Anyone that is not a CCP employee must buy their own retirement insurance if they want something like that.

B) Women should retire earlier than men because MEN are still the head of household and the breadwinner. They expect women to go back home and be grandmothers and to take care of the household. In fact women in China, traditionally speaking, are not supposed to work as hard as the men do even when younger. While this is somewhat changing, like most of the world is with the younger generation, this is still the norm there.

C) It is FEMINISM to preach gender equality. Only a hateful and ridiculous person like you, living selfishly without contributing back to society would desire equality with the females you hate so much. Who is the tool now huh? I can't wait to see how you try to squirm and avoid this one!

2. Foreigners are not having to compete with the local men. Stop trying to bullshit people in HA here with that garbage. No one else here that knows anything about Asia thinks this way. You are like the Bizzaro HA member. If we found something in a certain country as a 100% fact with supporting evidence, then you will state the complete opposite and try to support it with faulty logic. We have beaten that topic to death and there are newspaper and blog articles about this. I really do not need to slam you again on this.

Ghost had issues before leaving the US and comes off as Aspergers-ish and awkward. Always has. He has admitted to having some kind of issue, and nearly all of us leave him alone because he is still usually pretty respectful around here. You seem to be the same way because you seem to be terrible at social interaction with people in general. You are like Xiongmao but probably more like Mr. S 2.0 minus the truthful part with extra asshole features. If you have certain life constraints, it is very disingenuous not to provide a disclaimer about that, before telling people all kinds of negative things about places that they would not have to experience. If you honestly think you are very normal with no issues, then whatever, but don't expect any f***ing mercy from others when bullshit comes out of your mouth.

3. If you live in NY, anything under 50K is poor. 45K and less is now poverty level. There is an excellent article on the NYtimes on this. Under 50K in many places in the US is now lower to lower-middle class. This is a somewhat new development, so I cannot fault you for being too behind on the times. My family is not rich and I am not lucky. I earned my way up and above all that I am blessed by God. I have over 13 years experience in my field, so what I make is actually normal for that level. All of you are bless in Christ, the rest is up to you. Life and progress does not stop at salvation, learning more will help you go further in life. Professionally too.

E Irrizary will be joining guys like me very soon himself. Why? Because he got off his azz and did something about it.. If a plan is failing, make adjustments.

4. My life was not always wonderful like you think it is. My divorce pretty much ruined me and set me back several years, but God always has a plan for his children. That even means you too. I don't care about your system of luck. God never puts more on me than I can bear. If some enemy or circumstance takes anything away from me, God always restores it back always with more than before. I am walking evidence of that if you could see a picture history of my life.

We all know you hate China. Many China ex-pats hate it there after a while. Very few can stomach staying even a year and end up very jaded bitter and racist. You see them all over the place on the internet. On Chinasmack, blogs, BeijingCream, Expat forums, etc. That still does not mean you need to lie and make up shit about the place to express your hate. There is enough you can say about China that is true about it to scare others from living there easily. I am on record for not recommending the place long term myself and I even listed the reasons why.

Correction: I think the social pension is set up in a way that the CCP workers are automatically in there and some of them get alot more on top as well. The other part is for the public to buy into. They have to set up a 10 or 20 year plan on that or more.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Ghost wrote:What the f**k is this shit? I supposedly come off as having Asperger's now? f**k off! I had issues in the U.S. because of the culture just like just about the rest of everybody here. I am not awkward even around American women. I don't like the culture and that's why I left. I now see China has its own problems and dating is one of them. You're rich and good-looking, so any woman in any country will make time for you. Ooh, I'm shocked.
Maybe I misunderstood one of your posts when you said you had issues then. China's dating issues are mostly for local Chinese men. Being black with money still makes me a "Scary African" in most places outside of the US. Hell, having a well paying job in the US as a black man still makes you invisible. Your own black women make fun of you and upper crust whites and Latinas turn their nose up at you. They would rather f**k Tyrone the garbage man or the College football player for fun because they know they cannot bring a "nagger" like that back home to ma and pa anyway. They wont f**k a clean cut nigger because they could never shake us out of their heads. Very few white women here in the US will. Look at Obama's ass. Michelle is upper 1% crust of black women due to her strong family background, but he was eligible for at least 70% of any white woman in the US when he was young and he is HALF white!

Like Kayne West once said, "Even if you in a Benz coupe, you still a nigger." The US disqualified me just off my skin color more or less and the rest of the world takes sterotypes from Hollywood about me. I went a abroad and STILL managed to fix that, even in a country where they say on English teacher job applications, that you must be white and American! You two got in on English teaching! So What's your god damned f***ing piece of shit excuse? Go ahead tell us!

You nor professor can find happiness anywhere because both of you lack vision, drive, and good mental focus.

So whatever f***ing issues you and guys like Professor have, that shit is on you guys. Both of you have plenty of f***ing tools at your disposal. 100 times more than the average American man, because at least you know there are options out there. At least you have seen HA and Winston's message. At least your fatness was a choice, and his awkwardness and problems are self-inflicted. So if anyone can f**k off, it's you two, oh wait, I forgot, neither of you are capable of doing that as well.... so sad :(

Let me tell you two idiots one more thing as well. I worked my ass off as hard as I did because I had no other f***ing choice. It often takes 2 times the effort for black men of my age and older, to obtain whatever you guys can get sipping beer with a buddy on a golf course or a baseball game. I probably grew up poorer than you two, no one gave me shit nor was I lucky. So don't any of you dare assume that I am some silver spooned bitch with a bunch of luck. Anyone with 2 cents worth of brainpower and a modest upbringing can see you two are full of that bullshit and probably lazy and trifling as hell. Stop trying to save face and bullshit people. You two are not fooling anyone but yourselves.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Kai, you need to calm down...Just because people criticize certain aspects of China does not mean you need to take it so personally, bro. Everyone is entitled to their opinions--no matter how false or wrong you think they are..

And the attack on Ghost, I think, was not warranted. I think you are thinking of Abcdavid--when talking about Aspergers. He's the half-White/half-Asian poster on here.

It seems that people are somewhat split on China: about half and half...which sounds about right. Just like you have people who love America, and people who really hate it. I don't think any country is going to have a unanimous opinion about it from everyone....
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Guys:

Just remember: work hard and don't complain too much unless it's imminent that it cannot be fixed anytime soon.

We need to stick together and respect free information.

I don't have anything else to say at the moment.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

This guy was a straight up vagina. On his knees? Crying like a little bitch? Slap me once, smile and try to walk away. Slap me twice and you're going to sleep little girl. I would have laughed my ass off if this poor excuse for a man stood up and knocked the bitch out cold in front of everyone.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Announcement: A cooling down period on HA for two weeks regarding insults, and racial topics:

viewtopic.php?t=20566

Let's chill with the attacks and racial insults (Cornfed) on each other for a while, okay guys?
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

Not a big fan of HK in general.

Food supply is shit. People are a bit fat for NE Asia. Crowded and just sort of sucky in general.
sea_dragon
Freshman Poster

Post by sea_dragon »

Hong Kong women, like most deep southern Chinese, are not Northeast Asian due to their near genetic similarity with Southeast Asians. A half-Cantonese half-European looks like Mexican or Hispanic, not physically different than Vietnamese Amerasians and Filipino Mestizos. They are also heavily Anglophilic, especially since they make up a significant part of the Chinese-American population. A lot of western men do find Cantonese women to be very attractive, however. :? :lol: