Got the Tickets! I am Visiting Panama!

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Got the Tickets! I am Visiting Panama!

Post by zacb »

Finally, after 3 years of yapping about visiting abroad, I am finally able to visit Panama for a week. I have a wonderful GF here in the states, so I am not worried about love (she was raised with southern values, and thus is not as bad as many AWs). On this trip I am taking in February, I will be checking out business opportunities, checking to see if Panama might be a good expat spot (my GF and I are leaning towards Colombia, but it is still preliminary), soak up the sun, and try to enjoy the BS free zone for a week. On my way there, I plan on using CouchSurfing while I have a layover. Anyone have experience with Panama? I have heard good stuff from a co-worker, but I want to see it for myself. On flights, check mrrebates.com for coupons and different coupons for savings and use cheapoair.com . Google can be good if you book way ahead of time, but after a while they go way up.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Congratulations, ZacB.

That's really good news.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Congrats! Please post a trip report on Panama soon, zacb. I've heard a lot of good things about the country, so you made a good choice in my opinion.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Thanks! The only thing I wish is that I could bring the GF with, since she like to travel too. There are a few high growth areas that I could maybe move to once my GF and I graduate. This is the first step towards expatriation: the discovery stage :). Anyone interested in goods from down there just out of curiosity?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

zboy1 I will. I will not be looking on the romance side, since I am spoken for in addition to the country not being known for beauties. Like I mentioned, you can find good deals on cheapoair, especially with promotions. I saved over 200 dollars over the main site. It is a really cheap spot for US expats, and if you are on a pension, you get 25% off almost everything.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 28th, 2016, 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Ghost, I understand. I plan on doing a libertarian marriage with her, although I don't know how a private contract would play out in certain aspects. She is more quite than most chicks, and that is one thing I like about her: her quietness. She is on board with the travelling, but I want her to pursue her dreams too, so in terms of expatriation, we might be a bit off before we can do that, but I still wouldn't mind a SHTF place somewhere south of the border.

I will enjoy it. I want to see what exists outside the Anglo-Sphere, and perhaps find a haven in the storm. At least I will be able to take a rest from the rat race called the US.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Good luck zacb!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

What are these "Southern values" you're referring to? Did you tell the story of how you met your GF in another thread?