Should Jester Relocate from Mexico to Philippines?

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.

Should Jester Relocate from Mexico to Philippines?

Jester should liquidate his possessions and relocate to the Philippines
62%
Jester should stay the f**k where he is, learn great Spanish, and try to blend in
No votes
Jester should use Ensenada as a base, from which to explore other areas of Mexico and Colombia etc
23%
Jester should keep the beach house, but visit Asia briefly, then return to Mexico
No votes
Other Ideas/Suggestions
No votes
f**k Jester (and the horse he rode in on)
8%
No Opinion
8%

Total votes: 13
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should Jester Relocate from Mexico to Philippines?

Post by Jester »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
Jester wrote:So I feel like he was sent by God as a messenger.
The man you met, the Mexican, he was a messenger. He told you things many others have told you before, both in real life as well as on the internet. His message was not new to you, it cannot have come as a surprise. You know what's out there, and you have the means to get it. It's a big step, and part of you is probably still hesitant. Years from now you may find yourself living the life you always dreamed of living in the Philippines, and a vistor will appear at your gate. He will ask you if you like your life and you will probably answer positively. Then he might ask you, if you have any regrets. You'll tell him your only regret is, you haven't gone to the Philippines sooner. :wink:

I'd like to be some sort of messenger, a prophet. Winston has been a bit of a prophet to me because the idea of myself living abroad forever is something I became 100% sold on because of this site. The stories I read here of people gave me a little push in the right direction, I think. But what pushed me even more in the right direction is the many negative stories. The people who lived in a place that was either horrible or simply "not quite it". The people who felt unfulfilled, who had needs not being met, goals not being reached and dreams they weren't living. I decided I did not want to live a life of regret. Or a future of complaining, reminiscing, of the could-have-beens. A have-not forever envious of the haves... that wasn't what I wanted.

There's a joke I know, Jester. I think it is fitting here:

There was once a man who's village was flooded, he moved to the highest floor of his house. The water had risen until the window, and he saw a little rowboat passing by. A man rowing yelled at him: "Hop in my boat, I'll save you!", and the man in the house replied: "I don't want to, I want God to save me!" so the rowboat left. The water kept rising and the man climbed on his roof, when a motorboat passed by. The captain yelled: "Hop in!" and the man said "I only want to be saved by God!", so the boat left. Next, with the water almost up to his knees, the man saw a helicopter lowering a ladder in front of his eyes. Again, he refused to get in and the helicopter left. The man drowned, and went to heaven. He asked God: "Why didn't you save me?", and God replied: "First I sent you a rowboat but it wasn't good enough for you. Then I sent a motorboat and again, it wasn't good enough for you. Finally, I sent a helicopter and even that wasn't enough. So I thought, let the bastard drown!"

:lol:

Okay, okay!
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

So Jes, enough talk and analysis! Don't be another Winston by taking several years to put your plans into motion.

Have you arranged logistics for moving over? What date is your flight? What city will you stay in initially?
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Rock wrote:So Jes, enough talk and analysis! Don't be another Winston by taking several years to put your plans into motion.

Have you arranged logistics for moving over? What date is your flight? What city will you stay in initially?
Dude don't push him, he's figuring everything out for himself. Let him move at his own speed.

And don't use that word logistics; they use that word over at Doosh's forum. That word isn't even in proper context, it's mainly used in the transportation industry or for military operations.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

eurobrat wrote:
Rock wrote:So Jes, enough talk and analysis! Don't be another Winston by taking several years to put your plans into motion.

Dude don't push him, he's figuring everything out for himself. Let him move at his own speed.

And don't use that word logistics; they use that word over at Doosh's forum. That word isn't even in proper context, it's mainly used in the transportation industry or for military operations.
Jester is a big boy so he can speak for himself. Or did he appoint you as his new spokesperson or something lol?

I've not met him but we've talked on the phone before and I consider him as a friend. Too many people who've been in this community talk, analyze, think, and procrastinate way too long. It even happened with Winston tho he blames it on mysterious external forces. But he has some regret and bitterness over losing maybe 36 months or more of his youth to that kind of stuff.

I don't think it hurts to remind certain people who are considering that big move that the clock is ticking and time is precious. It's kind of like a wake-up call when we get too absorbed in planning and consideration stage. So my intentions are good. If you disagree, so be it. Anyway, it's really Jester's opinion in this matter is what carriers weight cus it's his business I'm addressing, not yours. So I'll see if he responds and if so, what he has to say.

I will use logistics the way I feel best. Last I checked, you were not authorized as HA language police. As for whether or not it's used over at Doosh, I wouldn't know cus I don't go there. But apparently you do...

Anyway, one dictionary definition of the word logistics is "the detailed planning and organization of any large complex operation" or even just "the handling of the details of an operation".

So it's understandable that over time, the word might become used more generally than just in most common and traditional definition. Words and their usage do evolve over time and in some of my own circles of English speakers (online or even in person), I've seen the word repeatedly applied to situations similar to Jesters (a big move to a new country). Perhaps even some of the international movers in Taiwan may use this term in their DM to expats.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

eurobrat wrote:

Rock wrote:Jester is a big boy so he can speak for himself. Or did he appoint you as his new spokesperson or something lol?

Yes he did.
I also act as his vagina advisor.
Rock wrote:I've not met him but we've talked on the phone before and I consider him as a friend. Too many people who've been in this community talk, analyze, think, and procrastinate way too long. It even happened with Winston tho he blames it on mysterious external forces. But he has some regret and bitterness over losing maybe 36 months or more of his youth to that kind of stuff.
I lost about 2 years myself and I'm a little bitter about it but I'm younger than Winston and on a better track with my happier abroad adventure.
Rock wrote:I don't think it hurts to remind certain people who are considering that big move that the clock is ticking and time is precious. It's kind of like a wake-up call when we get too absorbed in planning and consideration stage. So my intentions are good. If you disagree, so be it. Anyway, it's really Jester's opinion in this matter is what carriers weight cus it's his business I'm addressing, not yours. So I'll see if he responds and if so, what he has to say.
This is true, even I got caught up in the planning stage.
It's hard for most guys to break the barrier and leave everything behind to start anew.

Little did I know, when I left and landed everything started falling into place. I haven't even been abroad for 2 years yet and I already have a good job, medical, a fully furnished bedroom, kitchen stuff, friends (better than in the US), new little girlfriend, lots of cool girls to chat-up etc.

So there, living proof anyone can move and set up shop in less than 2 years.
You just have to get off your ass and do it!
Rock wrote:I will use logistics the way I feel best. Last I checked, you were not authorised as HA language police. As for whether or not it's used over at Doosh, I wouldn't know cus I don't go there. But apparently you do...
Yes I am. Are you picking a fight with me?
Go pick on someone your own size.
Rock wrote:Anyway, one dictionary definition of the word logistics is "the detailed planning and organization of any large complex operation" or even just "the handling of the details of an operation".

So it's understandable that over time, the word might become used more generally than just in most common and traditional definition. Words and their usage do evolve over time and in some of my own circles of English speakers (online or even in person), I've seen the word repeatedly applied to situations similar to Jesters (a big move to a new country). Perhaps even some of the international movers in Taiwan may use this term in their DM to expats.
To each his own Rocky boy.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

eurobrat wrote:
eurobrat wrote:

Rock wrote:Jester is a big boy so he can speak for himself. Or did he appoint you as his new spokesperson or something lol?

Yes he did.
I also act as his v****a advisor.
Rock wrote:I've not met him but we've talked on the phone before and I consider him as a friend. Too many people who've been in this community talk, analyze, think, and procrastinate way too long. It even happened with Winston tho he blames it on mysterious external forces. But he has some regret and bitterness over losing maybe 36 months or more of his youth to that kind of stuff.
I lost about 2 years myself and I'm a little bitter about it but I'm younger than Winston and on a better track with my happier abroad adventure.
Rock wrote:I don't think it hurts to remind certain people who are considering that big move that the clock is ticking and time is precious. It's kind of like a wake-up call when we get too absorbed in planning and consideration stage. So my intentions are good. If you disagree, so be it. Anyway, it's really Jester's opinion in this matter is what carriers weight cus it's his business I'm addressing, not yours. So I'll see if he responds and if so, what he has to say.
This is true, even I got caught up in the planning stage.
It's hard for most guys to break the barrier and leave everything behind to start anew.

Little did I know, when I left and landed everything started falling into place. I haven't even been abroad for 2 years yet and I already have a good job, medical, a fully furnished bedroom, kitchen stuff, friends (better than in the US), new little girlfriend, lots of cool girls to chat-up etc.

So there, living proof anyone can move and set up shop in less than 2 years.
You just have to get off your a** and do it!
Rock wrote:I will use logistics the way I feel best. Last I checked, you were not authorised as HA language police. As for whether or not it's used over at Doosh, I wouldn't know cus I don't go there. But apparently you do...
Yes I am. Are you picking a fight with me?
Go pick on someone your own size.
Rock wrote:Anyway, one dictionary definition of the word logistics is "the detailed planning and organization of any large complex operation" or even just "the handling of the details of an operation".

To each his own Rocky boy.
Hmm, are my eyes playing tricks on me or what??? Yesterday I thought you were fschmidt but it turns out you are Eurobrat. Oh well, I stand by my original response.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Rock wrote: Hmm, are my eyes playing tricks on me or what??? Yesterday I thought you were fschmidt but it turns out you are Eurobrat. Oh well, I stand by my original response.
Oh please, I have my own style of debauchery lol
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Eurobrat

It seems that with your basically combative nature you are bored in Berlin and spoiling for a little tussle like my pit bull puppy Chucky.

Go pork another fraulein, you need apparently need to add some more FBHG's (FuckBuddyHaremGirls).

Rock

I have NO OBJECTION to you kicking my ass. YES, EuroBrat is correct, I DO have some shit I have to get squared away before I can uproot and relocate. True.

But it it does me NO HARM to be held to account in the meantime.

I appreciate it, actually.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

My "vagina advisor"??

Well yes Euro, you DO have the privilege of skype-kicking my ass.

But "vagina advisor"?

PLEASE, nigga.

My family reads this stuff.

They might get the wrong idea!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

eurobrat wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Damn, I'm starting to think these places with great climates are strictly for the retirement set. They're the only ones in Tucson now who have any vibrancy. Very different thirty years ago. Got to go to some crappy FSU industrial shithole to find a scene of happening young women, it seems.
"Post industrial shithole"
Most of those are in the US and UK. They still make things elsewhere, like the country you're in.
Last edited by gsjackson on April 13th, 2015, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

eurobrat wrote:Looks great Marcos, I must say I love Berlin but that scenery looks great.

I'm jealous of that scenery, reminds me of California.
It reminds me of Panama. And of all the water in the air required to get that much greenery. And of unbearable humidity, like that assaultive air in Thailand.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

gsjackson wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
Damn, I'm starting to think these places with great climates are strictly for the retirement set. They're the only ones in Tucson now who have any vibrancy. Very different thirty years ago. Got to go to some crappy FSU industrial shithole to find a scene of happening young women, it seems.
"Post industrial shithole"
Most of those are in the US and UK. They still make things elsewhere, like the country you're in.
They DO still make stuff here. Although I think even this country is starting to slow down a bit compared to 20 years ago.

I think even in the future they might lean toward the Italian model and just manufacture the high-end stuff.

In that case I might have to leave.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

OKAY, "UPDATE" TIME.

Since around this past Sunday (2015-May-10) I have realized that owning Chucky the Pit Bull Puppy (5 or 6 weeks now) and hiring a couple of one-day-a-week housekeepers ain't gonna cut it. I had hoped to persevere here 6-8 more months to get shit done before going to Asia. Not gonna work. Housekeepers flake, and Chucky won't rub my shoulders.

And when there is no-one to cook, I drink too much. I'll cook for Chucky, but not for myself.

Even as a vagabond traveler in Southeast Asia, with no home, it seems I should be able to find street food and super-cheap massage. Plus like-minded friends. None of which I can find here.

So I have decided to leave "sooner" rather than "later."

Reviewed this thread last night to gain strength and resolve. Grateful for the kindness and eloquence from all concerned.

Then this morning I took the big step of phoning Miss S, my sometime "fiancee" in Glendale California, and informing her of the decision. I wanted to cover it with her BEFORE she came down to visit me later this month. No need to have three-four days of melodrama.

She took it well. She is a practical girl, and I suppose she saw it coming, without me saying much of anything.

She did urge me to get a roommate here, and thus be able to keep the rented place here on the beach. Frankly that is a great idea. It gives me a place to keep my stuff, which will save me a lot of time and heartache and avoid kvetching by my family for tossing out family stuff, etc etc.

I can avoid destroying the excellent home office I have set up.

It gives me a safe place to bring someone if I ever do find a Miss Right (or two) in some place where I find it hard to live, like a sweltering hot steamy jungle somewhere full of swarms of bloodsucking insects, with brownouts and no internet. Yet it still keeps me out of the Detested Anglo-Sphere (DAS).

And it allows me to build residency time toward an eventual Mexican passport. I do want to renounce the USSA, and I think it might be hard to explain to people that I am "Cambodian" when I look like Fred Flintstone. Yes, if the Philippines works out, I COULD apply for citizenship there, but there are a few minor issues
(1) I am a polygamist, and I don't tell lies, and it's illegal to take citizenship as a polygamist
(2) It takes 10 years (unless you plan to marry, which I don't)
(3) You cant travel easily on a Philippines passport except in SEA

Plus having the right roommate will give me the human company I need to wind up those loose ends, maybe just in a couple of months. Plus with a roommate I will HAVE to do the dishes, instead of letting them fester.

Plus with a roommate I won't need to go looking for more flaky housekeepers. It'll be like a housekeeper who pays me, instead of vice versa.

Plus its just a rented place. If I decide not to come back ever, I can always let it go.

Whew. Step taken. Proud of myself. And it went MUCH better than I had feared.

Now for the next step...
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Jester wrote:OKAY, "UPDATE" TIME.

Since around this past Sunday (2015-May-10) I have realized that owning Chucky the Pit Bull Puppy (5 or 6 weeks now) and hiring a couple of one-day-a-week housekeepers ain't gonna cut it. I had hoped to persevere here 6-8 more months to get shit done before going to Asia. Not gonna work. Housekeepers flake, and Chucky won't rub my shoulders.

And when there is no-one to cook, I drink too much. I'll cook for Chucky, but not for myself.

Even as a vagabond traveler in Southeast Asia, with no home, it seems I should be able to find street food and super-cheap massage. Plus like-minded friends. None of which I can find here.

So I have decided to leave "sooner" rather than "later."

Reviewed this thread last night to gain strength and resolve. Grateful for the kindness and eloquence from all concerned.

Then this morning I took the big step of phoning Miss S, my sometime "fiancee" in Glendale California, and informing her of the decision. I wanted to cover it with her BEFORE she came down to visit me later this month. No need to have three-four days of melodrama.

She took it well. She is a practical girl, and I suppose she saw it coming, without me saying much of anything.

She did urge me to get a roommate here, and thus be able to keep the rented place here on the beach. Frankly that is a great idea. It gives me a place to keep my stuff, which will save me a lot of time and heartache and avoid kvetching by my family for tossing out family stuff, etc etc.

I can avoid destroying the excellent home office I have set up.

It gives me a safe place to bring someone if I ever do find a Miss Right (or two) in some place where I find it hard to live, like a sweltering hot steamy jungle somewhere full of swarms of bloodsucking insects, with brownouts and no internet. Yet it still keeps me out of the Detested Anglo-Sphere (DAS).

And it allows me to build residency time toward an eventual Mexican passport. I do want to renounce the USSA, and I think it might be hard to explain to people that I am "Cambodian" when I look like Fred Flintstone. Yes, if the Philippines works out, I COULD apply for citizenship there, but there are a few minor issues
(1) I am a polygamist, and I don't tell lies, and it's illegal to take citizenship as a polygamist
(2) It takes 10 years (unless you plan to marry, which I don't)
(3) You cant travel easily on a Philippines passport except in SEA

Plus having the right roommate will give me the human company I need to wind up those loose ends, maybe just in a couple of months. Plus with a roommate I will HAVE to do the dishes, instead of letting them fester.

Plus with a roommate I won't need to go looking for more flaky housekeepers. It'll be like a housekeeper who pays me, instead of vice versa.

Plus its just a rented place. If I decide not to come back ever, I can always let it go.

Whew. Step taken. Proud of myself. And it went MUCH better than I had feared.

Now for the next step...
I have a feeling we may never hear from you again after your move.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:
I have a feeling we may never hear from you again after your move.
http://doyouremember.com/site-content/u ... 302559.jpg

[jpg]http://doyouremember.com/site-content/u ... 302559.jpg
[/jpg]

As you can see I will be losing some weight...