Which places in the US have the lowest cost of living?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Winston wrote:Hi Mark,
I'm in Vegas now staying in the Southwest area. I guess we are really close to each other. When you get the chance, PM me your number and maybe we can meet up sometime.

We checked out Chinatown already. It was just a bunch of suburban strip malls with shops and restaurants.

One question though: We noticed a lot of places that say "foot massage" on them. My dad thinks that the demand for foot massages can't be that big. So he's guessing that there's more going on inside there. Is that true? Is there really p4p in there, even in a suburban strip mall? I thought p4p would usually only be in seedy areas?

Btw why are there so many lawyers in Vegas? Why do they flock here? Are there that many lawsuits around here that require them?

And why is there always an ambulance or fire truck wailing around on the quiet streets here?
Yea, all those so called massage places do more than just a massage haha. I'm not sure of the foot massage places though since I never been to one but I'm sure it's the same concept. They might be referring to massaging the "third foot" lol.

I wouldn't look for p4p or any happy endings from those places. Most of the women are old and gross. But then again, don't take it from me because I don't find asian women attractive so my opinions will be very biased.

Yea, definitely tons of lawyers. But most of the lawyers are for DUI and injury cases from accidents. It's because of all the drinking and partying here that goes on.

In regards to the ambulance and fire trucks, they could just be doing that...hanging around because they're bored. Not much violence happens unless it's towards the ghetto areas or by the strip when people get too wild.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Winston wrote:Mark, Momopi,
Ok well we have two houses in Vegas now. We got a brand new one for $177,000 and a used one for around $100,000. They are both two story three bedroom homes with living room and garage. Are those good deals?

We are moving into the new one soon and have been very busy lately with furniture shopping.

I'm wondering, how do you know what the market value of your home is? Is there a way to look it up? How does a real estate agent find out such information?
The market is still decent for home prices compared to many years ago but you can't always "time" the market. It seems like a pretty good deal indeed. Back years ago, it was hard to find a decent home in that price range. As for values and such, you can check the following sites.

www.trulia.com
www.zillow.com
www.redfin.com

Just type in your address and it will show some info.
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Re: Which places in the US have the lowest cost of living?

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I've noticed the cheapest places in the US are mostly on the border with Mexico; such places would be El Paso, Laredo, Nogales, and Brownsville
GoingAwol
Junior Poster

Re: Which places in the US have the lowest cost of living?

Post by GoingAwol »

Tennessee has a low cost of living and no state income tax.