Where to meet filipinas outside the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Where to meet filipinas outside the Philippines?

Post by Johnny1975 »

Where are some good, non western countries / cities to meet filipinas? I like the women but the country itself has so many cons and not enough pros.

Pun intended.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaOy8b8X6A

I looked in Wikipedia and there are some in Malaysia, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Singapore but those are as hectic and/or humid as the Philippines. Italy has some, and Spain too, especially Barcelona & Madrid.

Is there anywhere else?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Re: Where to meet filipinas outside the Philippines?

Post by Hero »

Qatar
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Anywhere in the Middle East although you don't want to start a relationship there for obvious reasons.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Just realized the Middle East would be even hotter than the Philippines so maybe Japan, South Korea or somewhere in China such as Shanghai ????
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Zambales wrote:Just realized the Middle East would be even hotter than the Philippines so maybe Japan, South Korea or somewhere in China such as Shanghai ????
Japan - radiation, weird culture, too crowded and expensive
Korea - weirdos, eat dogs
China - hate the culture, the language, and the people, they all look the same
Middle east - yes, too hot

I'd be interested in Spain, but I'd have to find out more about the actual figures (population).
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Ladislav has spent a lot of time in Saudi Arabia and he's never mentioned any hot Filipinas living there.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Hero wrote:Ladislav has spent a lot of time in Saudi Arabia and he's never mentioned any hot Filipinas living there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpaOy8b8X6A
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Johnny1975 wrote:
Zambales wrote:Just realized the Middle East would be even hotter than the Philippines so maybe Japan, South Korea or somewhere in China such as Shanghai ????

I'd be interested in Spain, but I'd have to find out more about the actual figures (population).
The good news : I heard there is an enclave of Filipina's in Eastern Spain

The bad news : They're followers of the iglesia ni cristo church

Anyway, Spain's a western country which you didn't want, so that rules them out. :P
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Zambales wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:

The good news : I heard there is an enclave of Filipina's in Eastern Spain

The bad news : They're followers of the iglesia ni cristo church

Anyway, Spain's a western country which you didn't want, so that rules them out. :P
Geographically, Spain is western. Culturally, it's not a western country, at least in the sense of everything we hate about western countries here. There's a huge difference between Spain and the UK / US.

What's wrong with the iglesia ng cristo church?

Where's the enclave? Barcelona? I know there are filipinas there but I'm still looking into how many.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

They're classed as a cult. Ever been on a bus in the Philippines where they come on and stand in the middle of the bus and start preaching? You'll have little chance or none at all with one too unless you're a follower yourself. Best avoided.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 7th, 2020, 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I still think the Philippines is the best place to find one for obvious reasons as the pool to choose from reduces drastically if you look anywhere else.

What about Baguio? It's significantly cooler than anywhere else in the Phils because of it's mountainous location. It has been known to get close to freezing point at night in certain months of the year.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

California has a lot of Filippino people. So does Oahu in Hawaii. A second or third generation Filippina may be more family-oriented than a white girl in the US. But she probably wouldn't be full-blown culturally Filippina. If she's not culturally Filippina, why target a Filippina? Maybe some guys just really go for that Southeast Asian look. There are plenty of beautiful Filippinas, but there are plenty of other beautiful women. So I don't see the appeal of targeting Filippinas per se unless it is for cultural reasons, unless a guy has a thing for that look or the accent. You can get similar looks among other Southeast Asian people-groups. Malay peoples are from the same ethnic stock. But I tend to think more Filippinas are better looking because many of them in the cities are Malay mixed with white and Chinese or whatever else.

Why is there an obsession with marrying a middle class Filippina? If you marry a working-class girl who is reasonably well educated, she can be a good wife, too. My wife grew up hand scrubbing shirts for relatives instead of telling a maid to scrub her shirt. She's very hard working. I can imagine some rich girls might be a bit spoiled in a lot of ways. If you are 'middle class' and that means you can have a maid to have do your work as a kid, you could get a bit spoiled.

Lorenzo turned a girl down for having bad teeth. I suppose malnutrition in one's youth could result in some health issues later in life, but that wouldn't be a top priority for me if I were still looking for a wife.

Filippinas work as maids in the middle east and some richer Asian economies like Hong Kong. But they don't get a lot of time off. I've read about maids filling up public out door areas on their Sundays off in Hong Kong, talking to each other and hanging out. In Hong Kong, the streets are filled with people walking around until midnight. The people there say that they do that because their apartments are so small. Filippinas do the same. But if you lived there and dated one of them, you'd get to spend Sunday with her, maybe. It would take a lot of Sundays to get to know her well enough to know if you wanted to marry her and get her out of her employer's home if that's what you are looking for.

I dated an Indonesian factory worker in Korea who had one day off a week and worked really long hours. She was cute, and we had a conversation when she was hanging out in the park on Sunday afternoon, and I took her out on Sundays for a month or two before we broke it off.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Zambales wrote:They're classed as a cult. Ever been on a bus in the Philippines where they come on and stand in the middle of the bus and start preaching? You'll have little chance or none at all with one too unless you're a follower yourself. Best avoided.
Technically speaking the Catholic Church classifies them as a cult but to the Catholic Church if you call yourself Christian and do not believe in the orthodox definition of the Trinity then by definition you belong to a cult. However in many ways like family discipline they are like the Jehovah Witnesses if not full on Kool Aid drinkers and many people have reported in the past being in a wedding chapel conversion as at the last minute the potential bride springs on you with you must convert or papa will beat me before the family cuts me off entirely.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

MrMan wrote:Why is there an obsession with marrying a middle class Filippina?
I think the logic with wanting to date middle class girls from anywhere is that middle class girls don't need your money so you'll be less paranoid that they're using you just to get a green card.