Obesity has totally no excuse in tropical paradise!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
traveller
Junior Poster

Re: Obesity has totally no excuse in tropical paradise!

Post by traveller »

Rock wrote:traveller,

Is Fort Myers really your hometown? Well it's the adopted one for both me and my parents. When I visit the States for extended trips, I stay in condo there near San Carlos/Pine Ridge and Summerlin, just 3 miles or so from Ft. Myers Beach.

I truly love the area, it's awesome. I never get bored there and it revives my spirit. I used to even take my Taiwan ex gf there for extended holidays. If I ever got married to a girl over here (Asia), I might consider bringing her to live with me at my condo there. Another bonus to living in beautiful, modern, and cheap SW Florida is that whenever you wanna go to nearby Carribean or Latam, your just a couple hours or so from Hollywood and Miami airports. There's also a fast boat to Key West and I anticipate in near future, you'll be able to grab a second boat from there to Havana, Cuba.

Perhaps we can meet up next time I'm in town?
I used to live in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. I moved to Fort Myers in March of last year. And yes, I have personally ridden the Key West Express a number of times before. According to Google Maps, there are two condo neighborhoods in the Pine Ridge/San Carlos road area near Summerlin. There's Cinnamon Cove, which I ride past every time I go to the beach, and then there's Heritage Point. Apparently, both are gated communities, and I prefer to stay out of gated communities. Quite a few mobile home parks in that area, too, which disappoints me, as Florida sits in a hurricane zone and mobile homes are totally not built or designed to survive hurricane winds.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Mr.Darcy wrote:Florida is a horrible state anyway.
I actually read that online from a lot of people. In the City Data discussion forum, it seems like a lot of people don't like Florida. They have either moved away from Florida or are planning to move as soon as possible.

I have visited Florida a couple of times (during the winter) and the weather was great. I went to Orlando and Miami. Now during the summer I know the weather is hot and humid (with a lot of bugs). :shock:

I went to Phoenix Arizona during the summer and it was hotter than hell. A few years ago I visited Las Vegas in the fall and the weather was perfect. I want to move somewhere where the weather is warm all year round but not oppressively hot like it is during the summer in Arizona, Nevada or Florida.

I have also visited North Carolina and Georgia during the spring a few years ago and the weather was nice but I wonder how hot and humid it get's there in the summer time.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

What is so bad about Florida ? The town I live in is real bad because it's a college town and they have really turned this thing inside out since 9/11.

A college town like mine really gives you a heads up on what is coming up and how male female relations look going forward. THE WOMEN ARE A MESS PERIOD ! and most swallow the feminist propaganda being fed to them by the state.
Time to Hide!
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

jamesbond wrote:
Mr.Darcy wrote:Florida is a horrible state anyway.
I actually read that online from a lot of people. In the City Data discussion forum, it seems like a lot of people don't like Florida. They have either moved away from Florida or are planning to move as soon as possible.

I have visited Florida a couple of times (during the winter) and the weather was great. I went to Orlando and Miami. Now during the summer I know the weather is hot and humid (with a lot of bugs). :shock:

I went to Phoenix Arizona during the summer and it was hotter than hell. A few years ago I visited Las Vegas in the fall and the weather was perfect. I want to move somewhere where the weather is warm all year round but not oppressively hot like it is during the summer in Arizona, Nevada or Florida.

I have also visited North Carolina and Georgia during the spring a few years ago and the weather was nice but I wonder how hot and humid it get's there in the summer time.
That City Data forum, at least on it's mental level, is based right in Pyongyang, North Korea! That forum adheres heavily to the Juche Philosophy and has zero freedom of speech. Apparently, Northern Illinois is their favorite region, and they treat any member who complains about Illinois women being unapproachable exactly like North Korea treats people who say that Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il have both done a horrible, rotten terrible job of running North Korea.

The site says the forum is based in Illinois, but from the way it bans people for bad experiences in Illinois, that forum really may as well be literally based in North Korea, even right in the Kumsusan Palace of the Sun in Pyongyang, which in fact also happens to be the current resting place of the embalmed bodies of Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il. In fact, even the city-data forum administrator may as well even be a close cousin of Kim Il-Sung, and both senior mods even working at Yodok Concentration camp and Camp 22.

Also, those people on city data just love to bash Fort Myers to death, as if Fort Myers were worse than Baghdad. For example, the area I live in (Broadway Avenue, just east of the Fort Myers Country Club golf course) is sort of good, albeit right next to a shady area, especially that tends to even get a little dodgy about 6 blocks north of me. But those city data forumers, on a few of my posts, practically portrayed my neighborhood as an all out war zone, even as if my area may as well, according to them, average no less than even 5,000 shootings a day, in addition to even 75,000 robberies, 125,000 assaults/muggings, and even 25,000 armed car jackings, all in an average 24 hour period.

Sometimes, I even get the feeling that those city-data forumers like to portray the entire state of Florida as all one huge endless ghetto, every square mile from Pensacola all the way to Key West crawling with thugs, killers, gangsters, drug runners, and continuously popping with gunfire all 8,766 hours a year.

Now, I do have to admit that it can get a bit hot and maybe even a bit on the humid side, especially from mid June through late August. But it is easier than it looks to keep cool even in July. You simply drink plenty of fluids, wear light weight, light colored clothing, take frequent breaks, and if it gets too hot, you simply head right on over to the beach. Now that I am thinking of it, it looks as if whoever complains about the heat here either doesn't know how to keep cool, or they must think that Americans are required under Federal law to wear heavy long sleeves and long pants even if it's 120 degrees outside with 100 percent humidity, even if the heat index were 300. Even as if they think wearing a short sleeve shirt in 120 degree heat would get a person 90 years to life in prison or something.
Last edited by traveller on March 21st, 2016, 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

jamesbond wrote:I have visited Florida a couple of times (during the winter) and the weather was great. I went to Orlando and Miami. Now during the summer I know the weather is hot and humid (with a lot of bugs). :shock:

The Sun is just atrocious in Florida, you can pretty much see your X-ray projected on the pavement. And there's not a single cloud to give you a break. People buy not so much a car but an AC with wheels. But it does pour hard every few days however.
I'm finding Vietnam to be just as sunny and cloud-less :oops: it's very tough but there's AC everywhere thankfully. But it almost doesn't rain at all, they say it will happen after june.

Hey Bond i hope you skip Florida all together and go straight to Berlin :wink: and rent a whole brothel just for you :!:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
AW Warning
Freshman Poster

Post by AW Warning »

America has a heavy car culture. America herself hates and loathes bicycles to death. It is no wonder extremely few metro areas are bicycle friendly, rural, suburban, and even sections of urban areas are devoid of bicycle trails; and in fact, bicycles are technically even illegal in certain areas such as Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, Denver, as well as the entire states of Alabama and Georgia. To American society, a bicycle is a sign of poverty, just as much as a luxury sports Ferrari and a monster pickup truck are signs of prosperity. American society gives no care in the world about it being 80s all year round; you don't drive and/or your sole mode of transit is bicycle, you are seen as a loser. And America even has it deliberately set up so that, if you are in a rural or suburban area, even in most urban areas, and you only have a bicycle instead of a car, you are screwed! In America, you are expected to be sedentary, isolated from the outside world; you are expected to be a strictly indoor only person even when it is sunny and 82 degrees outside.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

AW Warning wrote:America has a heavy car culture. America herself hates and loathes bicycles to death. It is no wonder extremely few metro areas are bicycle friendly, rural, suburban, and even sections of urban areas are devoid of bicycle trails; and in fact, bicycles are technically even illegal in certain areas such as Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, Denver, as well as the entire states of Alabama and Georgia. To American society, a bicycle is a sign of poverty, just as much as a luxury sports Ferrari and a monster pickup truck are signs of prosperity. American society gives no care in the world about it being 80s all year round; you don't drive and/or your sole mode of transit is bicycle, you are seen as a loser. And America even has it deliberately set up so that, if you are in a rural or suburban area, even in most urban areas, and you only have a bicycle instead of a car, you are screwed! In America, you are expected to be sedentary, isolated from the outside world; you are expected to be a strictly indoor only person even when it is sunny and 82 degrees outside.
Being forced to drive is one of my biggest pet peeves about America, mainly because whenever I have to drive, I basically get turned into a MACHINE. Then driving also costs a lot money - gas, maintenance, insurance, etc. And you're absolutely spot on about America setting things up that you're forced to drive. Most places are too spread out for walking distance, and public transportation is limited or nonexistent. Talk about a system that doesn't even give you options just for doing basic things.
AW Warning
Freshman Poster

Post by AW Warning »

Even when it's 80 degrees and sunny outside, in American culture, you are expected to remain indoors; yes, even as though it were 5 below zero outside with a roaring blizzard. In America, you are expected to breathe only filtered indoor air with no more than 8 percent humidity, no more than 17 percent oxygen, and no less than 5 percent carbon dioxide. Americans don't care if even everyone were smoking cigars and pipes indoors. In America, being outdoors, even for exercise/fitness reasons, is seen as very inappropriate. If you want to exercise in America, you are expected to go to a public gym, even when it is 80 and sunny outside, and even if gym membership were, hypothetically, $5,000 a month. In America, warm weather even for a single day, let alone all 12 months a year, is seen as an abhorable excuse to even leave the indoors for any reason other than business only, let alone go outside riding bicycles, jogging, swimming, etc. Americans are mentally allergic to sunlight, outdoor air; yes, even humidity levels of more than 10 percent and oxygen levels of more than 18 percent!
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

Lately, I have been reading about some seriously ridiculous levels of obesity over in American Samoa. It's beyond disappointing, it's bordering on infuriating! Reports indicate no less than a totally unbelievable 94 percent of American Samoans are overweight or obese!

Like Southwest Florida, American Samoa also has a tropical climate. And just like in Southwest Florida, the weather in American Samoa is warm and hot and beautiful all 12 months a year. No snow, no ice, no deep freeze, and no blizzards. Coconut palms tower up to 60 feet tall in the beautiful weather in American Samoa. Banana trees produce lots of fruit just like they do in Southwest Florida. And just like here in Southwest Florida, the weather in American Samoa is perfect, all 12 months a year, for bicycle riding, walking, jogging, swimming, snorkelling; apparently, there are even a few coral reefs at least near American Samoa, not to mention parasailing, sailboarding, and other great stuff. The climate is also excellent for growing coconuts, bananas, pineapples, oranges, grapefruits, peanuts, lettuce, broccoli, corn, and lemons. All very healthy and even quite tasty.

But what does American Samoa get in return? Obesity rates that stink!
AW Warning
Freshman Poster

Post by AW Warning »

traveller wrote:Lately, I have been reading about some seriously ridiculous levels of obesity over in American Samoa. It's beyond disappointing, it's bordering on infuriating! Reports indicate no less than a totally unbelievable 94 percent of American Samoans are overweight or obese!

Like Southwest Florida, American Samoa also has a tropical climate. And just like in Southwest Florida, the weather in American Samoa is warm and hot and beautiful all 12 months a year. No snow, no ice, no deep freeze, and no blizzards. Coconut palms tower up to 60 feet tall in the beautiful weather in American Samoa. Banana trees produce lots of fruit just like they do in Southwest Florida. And just like here in Southwest Florida, the weather in American Samoa is perfect, all 12 months a year, for bicycle riding, walking, jogging, swimming, snorkelling; apparently, there are even a few coral reefs at least near American Samoa, not to mention parasailing, sailboarding, and other great stuff. The climate is also excellent for growing coconuts, bananas, pineapples, oranges, grapefruits, peanuts, lettuce, broccoli, corn, and lemons. All very healthy and even quite tasty.

But what does American Samoa get in return? Obesity rates that stink!
Again, American culture is strictly an indoors only culture. Also, over 99.5 percent of Americans absolutely abhor the taste of the fruits and vegetables you listed; yes, even peanut butter, bananas, and oranges! America's food culture strictly revolves around only bratwursts, sausage, bacon; foods that are no less than even 75 percent unhealthy fat and grease. And also, once again, American culture sees it as totally wrong and taboo to leave the house except for work and shopping only.
AW Warning
Freshman Poster

Post by AW Warning »

I also need to point out that many of especially the large, morbidly obese ladies have extensively clogged heart arteries and would easily need as major as a 6 or even 7 way bypass surgery to be fit for exercise and weight loss regimes. You put those women on bicycles or in the ocean swimming, and instead of getting a bunch of shrinking stomachs, you'll just have a whole bunch of heart attacks, many of them even being pronounced dead at the scene. Plus in the bicycle case, you'll have also a bunch of broken bicycles because the person is far too heavy for the bike frame. Many bicycle frames will begin to buckle with as little as even 375 pounds of weight on them, and bicycle spokes even start snapping at around 275 pounds.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Post by Mercury »

traveller wrote:
February 16th, 2016, 7:47 pm
Where summer lasts all 12 months a year, where every other street is lined with beautiful Royal palms, where stands of Coconut palms can be seen in parks, and even a few isolated Coconut palms can be seen in peoples' front yards, most any sane person would think that everyone is in shape, healthy, and if any, obesity would affect no more than maybe 1 to 3 percent of the total population. One especially would think that, with beautiful warm weather all 12 months a year, and it being proven by the presence of such tropical plants/trees as the Royal palm, the Coconut palm, the sea grape, the Red Mangrove, and all else, that everyone would be riding bicycles, going swimming, jogging, roller skating, rollerblading, and other fun outdoor stuff, not to mention dancing at the nightclubs when the sun goes down. If anything, there should be tons of people in tropical paradise with athletic builds, similar to, for instance, cheerleaders, basketball players, swimmers, and track and fielders.

Unfortunately, to my complete disappointment, it appears obesity is a pretty major issue even here in Southwest Florida. Literally, even here in the tropical paradise of Southwest Florida, where even January often sees highs in the 70s and even 80s, no less than a quarter of the locals here are obese, with still more being overweight/out of shape. And even here, skinny/athletic people make up not much more than maybe half the population. And I am very sure that only a blind person visiting, let alone living, in Fort Myers, Florida, wouldn't see the Royal palms towering up to 50 feet tall above a third of the streets, a sure sign that winter's deep freeze does not make it this far south, and that there are no periods of 10s and 20s high temperatures lasting 5 and 6 months. In fact, since I moved here from Chicago, I myself have lost roughly 30 pounds! The beaches are only roughly 2 hours one way from my residence via bicycle, and I am sure it would take far less time to get there by car. There is no massive area of endless, violent ghetto or "hood" surrounding all of the beaches like there is in Chicago. Neither do the beaches in Fort Myers have crazed cop killers blasting innocent people with AK-47s and then robbing them. Sanibel Island has really great bicycle trails, plus even the Sanibel causeway, with it's 8 foot wide shoulders on both sides, is even bicycle friendly. There is no toll for bicycles on the Sanibel causeway, either. Also, the entire stretch of US 41 from the Caloosahatchee River all the way down to around Collier Blvd just south of Naples is lined with sidewalks that make for some great bicycle riding. Same with all of McGregor Blvd, San Carlos Blvd, and Colonial Blvd. And riding on the sidewalk is permitted in both Lee and Collier counties as long as it is outside of downtown areas, especially where there are signs prohibiting it. And in fact, the sand at the beaches next to the ocean is so firm that you can even ride your bicycle on the beach! Other places that make for some terrific bicycling include Lakes Regional Park, the campus of Florida Gulf Coast University, Three Oaks park, Pine Island, and Captiva Island.

With all the options Southwest Florida has to offer, all the recreation available, the opportunities to exercise, plus the year round nice weather, there is just totally no excuse at all for obesity! It is totally unnecesarry, and there is just absolutely no excuse to just sit in front of the TV all 7 days a week, shoveling food into your mouth, not leaving the house except for work, and all else.
America is a car culture. Getting around on bicycle gets you labeled a vagrant and a lowlife. In this country, bicycles are seen as a symbol of poverty; men especially are expected to be financially capable of living in Beverly Hills, California. Also, in case you didn't know, it's actually illegal to own a bicycle in the State of Georgia! Bicycles are illegal in the entire State of Georgia under Georgia State Law! And operating a bicycle in the State of Georgia, even on the streets, will get you up to 5 years in state prison. Same with riding on sidewalks, through alleyways, and in parking lots.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Mercury wrote:
December 2nd, 2020, 4:13 pm
America is a car culture. Getting around on bicycle gets you labeled a vagrant and a lowlife. In this country, bicycles are seen as a symbol of poverty; men especially are expected to be financially capable of living in Beverly Hills, California.
True, in United States in many places you cannot live without a car. Often there is no public traffic, some places are so dangerous that better you drive through as fast as you can etc.
Also, in case you didn't know, it's actually illegal to own a bicycle in the State of Georgia! Bicycles are illegal in the entire State of Georgia under Georgia State Law! And operating a bicycle in the State of Georgia, even on the streets, will get you up to 5 years in state prison. Same with riding on sidewalks, through alleyways, and in parking lots.
https://www.bikelaw.com/2018/03/georgia-bike-laws/

Maybe this article is useful for you....
traveller
Junior Poster

Post by traveller »

Yohan wrote:
December 5th, 2020, 8:44 am

True, in United States in many places you cannot live without a car. Often there is no public traffic, some places are so dangerous that better you drive through as fast as you can etc.
Truthfully, there are only a few areas in the United States where you can live without a car; Hawaii, most of Florida, especially from Tampa's latitude southward, coastal southern Texas especially around and on Padre Island/South Padre Island, and southern coastal California around San Diego.