Ladislav, do Russian women prefer big white men?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Winston
Site Admin

Ladislav, do Russian women prefer big white men?

Post by Winston »

Ladislav,
I have a question.

If you ask most Russian women if they have racial preferences, they will usually say "Some women do. Others don't. As for me, race doesn't matter. If I love the man, that is what's most important."

If you ask most American women if women are approachable in America, they will often say "Sure, as long as you aren't creepy."

Even Filipinas always say "I would never love a man for money. If I like him, then it doesn't matter if he's rich or not. Other girls might only care about money. But I'm not like them."

Women who are gold diggers never admit it either, they always deny it.

So what's the truth?

I find that many Russian women are racist toward Asian men, but are subtle about it. When I see their choices, they tend to pick big or stocky white males. Why is that? Is that their general preference?

It's hard to find an honest women who tells the truth about these things, eh?

If there is no racism in Russia, since most Russians claim to be non-racist, then how come most apartment ads and room for rent ads in Moscow say "white only"? I've shown up in person at a few of them, and they immediately tell me the place is booked, which I know is a lie, cause when I call or email them again and pretend to be someone else, they tell me it is available.

What does that tell you?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Asking if a lot of Russians are racist is like asking if a bear shits in the woods.

Since 2002 there have been a large number of skinhead attacks in broad daylight where they go on rampages kicking over trader tables of everyone who is non-slavic and even killing children. The perpetrators are never caught and it's even subtly condoned by the mainstream there since it is ridding their society of non-slavs.

I've always thought your views of Russians to be fatally naive Winston and I think you're very lucky you blundered your way out of the country without getting seriously ruined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLUxuq-E9yA
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

I'm black and I have talked to many women from Russia. They don't care. I have talked to American women who have said they have never or would never date a black man, but they dated me. Why? Because it doesn't matter. It's an individual thing. You're lumping the whole Asian race in a bubble for no reason. You proclaim to be atypical and unique, but still have this race thing in your head. You know better than this. I have spoken to women that white men say to avoid (i.e. China). I talk to two Chinese women (one from Shanghai and another from Shenzhen) and they blew me away. I asked the one from Shenzhen if I would be welcomed in China and she said yes and I was always welcomed. I found that it doesn't matter what country it is, women like me. I'm not saying they all like me, but you get the drift. It is not a conspiracy like you think.

P.S. I have been talking to this Russian girl since 2008 and she is one of the most beautiful people I have ever met. She is beautiful on the outside and the inside. I agree with Rock. I have too many female friends from Europe. I have the most in Denmark (I think they are the best European women).

More:

The same thing with Japan. They're racist right? No. Another one of my mentors is black and he has lived in Japan for 10 years and women can't keep their hands off of him. I was always told that Japan was racist and I have always loved Japan's culture. When I found this out about his and other black men's success, I stopped thinking about this race shit. It doesn't matter. I don't have any race problems in the U.S. and why am I questioning it when it applies to other countries? I get the same reception in other countries like I do in the U.S. but the reception is 200 times better.

One guy told me, 'Once you are on that plane, throw the racism out of the window.' It simply doesn't matter.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate, maybe a little naive, but my claims were never untrue. I said they are VERY approachable and not paranoid of strangers, and that is true and my films prove it. As long as we are in the game, that is what matters most to me and those like me.

Pacsun, you sound like a politically correct automaton. What is your point? That racism is a little thing that doesn't apply to most people and that there are no countries that are generally racist and that everything is in the same percentage everywhere? No way.

Japan is not racist? Get real dude. Ask Ladislav. He lived there for years. 90 percent of apartments will NOT rent to foreigners. And that is not racist to you? LOL What planet are you on?

You are taking your political correctness and attitude mantra too far and denying reality. Japanese are very homogenous. So is Korea, Taiwan, etc. We all know that. So why are you denying it and pretending that no pattern of racism exists, when there ARE differences in patterns and percentages, clearly?!

Why do I even have to point this out to you? I feel like this is lowering the quality of discussion here to point out such obvious things to you.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

Oh please. I am the last person to be politically correct. Ladislav is white and I am not. There's a different perspective. Me being black it is far different. I am moving overseas too so don't get it twisted.

Yeah, just ignore all the blacks I know that live in Japan. My friend has been to Japan (lives there???), Thailand and Taiwan. How come he doesn't have these so-called problems you are saying?

I never faced racism anywhere. ANYWHERE. How come you have? Because no one likes Asians? Bull f***ing shit. I have black friends that have said so and so has called them nigger and I say I can't believe it because I don't know how it feels to be called that word.

You have this warped reality, Winston. I live in planet Earth, by the way. I might move to Saturn where the women there are futuristic.

I am lowering the quality of discussion? Are you nuts? I barely post here.

My point? My point is everything isn't always what it seems. Just because you and some other people faced racism doesn't mean I will. Doesn't mean others will either. I am speaking from personal experience.

You choose to believe what you want and no one can tell you any different it seems. I don't appreciate you demeaning me for commenting on what I have seen. How come I can talk to all of these women? I also had great success in Canada and I almost moved to Canada in 2006 because I was deeply in love with the girl I met. I have had more success in Canada than America and I don't have a problem in America either.

American women do suck and we all know that, but everyone doesn't have problems with women. I date all races of women. Politically correct? LMAO@You. Haha. That's so funny. I am commenting on my personal experience and I am an automation? You just don't want to believe what I say.

I am moving abroad this year because I am sick of America altogether. You exaggerate everything too. 90%? Is this even a real statistic in Japan? Trust me, I have cousins and black friends living overseas (not just in Asia) and they have no problems, but you guys do. There's something wrong with this. Anyway, I am just making this up and I am politically correct...whatever.

Your response is why I don't post on here.

Edit: Might as well say this. I am turning 26 in December. I am about 5'9-5'10, I am in good shape (athletic), and depending on the person, they say I look like 2Pac or DMX. I used to be the nerd in High school with the eyeglasses and all of that shit. I changed myself by growing a mustache and goatee, shaved my head and during the summer of 2001, all of a sudden women were coming up to me. I didn't even have to try anymore. I never had problems talking to women; I thought I was ugly and my glasses were holding me back and it did. I changed my appearance and continued to improve myself. I didn't change as a person. I used to be picked on too so I know how that feels, but I changed that the moment I looked in the mirror and I said I need a makeover. Best decision I ever made.

On Friday, I was on the public transit and this cute Latina stared at me like she wanted to eat me up when she was exiting the bus. I was staring too. She was still staring at me through the window (I was too) when she was walking on the sidewalk. Shit like this happens to me all of the time. I walk somewhere and girls say hi to me and I start a conversation. It happens to me ever since 2001. I don't know why your failures have to translate to everyone else. Just because racism or whatever it is happens to you doesn't mean it happens to other people. That's my whole point, but you ignore it all.

I guess all of these women from all of these countries have been lying to me. I guess all of my friends and family have been lying to me about the countries they visited and lived in. It's all a lie. What I said about my life is a lie too. Do you think they all lied? I don't believe it.

I know you like to say men with success in America with women use PUA. I don't use PUA and I hate everything about it. I am myself. Who else am I going to be? I am not changing for no one. Being yourself is the cliche response, but it is true. I have seen so-called PUAs fail and I've seen it with my own two eyes. Anyway, I am done for now. Believe what you want man.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Pacsun wrote:Oh please. I am the last person to be politically correct. Ladislav is white and I am not. There's a different perspective. Me being black it is far different. I am moving overseas too so don't get it twisted.

Yeah, just ignore all the blacks I know that live in Japan. My friend has been to Japan (lives there???), Thailand and Taiwan. How come he doesn't have these so-called problems you are saying?

I never faced racism anywhere. ANYWHERE. How come you have? Because no one likes Asians? Bull f***ing shit. I have black friends that have said so and so has called them nigger and I say I can't believe it because I don't know how it feels to be called that word.

You have this warped reality, Winston. I live in planet Earth, by the way. I might move to Saturn where the women there are futuristic.

I am lowering the quality of discussion? Are you nuts? I barely post here.

My point? My point is everything isn't always what it seems. Just because you and some other people faced racism doesn't mean I will. Doesn't mean others will either. I am speaking from personal experience.

You choose to believe what you want and no one can tell you any different it seems. I don't appreciate you demeaning me for commenting on what I have seen. How come I can talk to all of these women? I also had great success in Canada and I almost moved to Canada in 2006 because I was deeply in love with the girl I met. I have had more success in Canada than America and I don't have a problem in America either.

American women do suck and we all know that, but everyone doesn't have problems with women. I date all races of women. Politically correct? LMAO@You. Haha. That's so funny. I am commenting on my personal experience and I am an automation? You just don't want to believe what I say.

I am moving abroad this year because I am sick of America altogether. You exaggerate everything too. 90%? Is this even a real statistic in Japan? Trust me, I have cousins and black friends living overseas (not just in Asia) and they have no problems, but you guys do. There's something wrong with this. Anyway, I am just making this up and I am politically correct...whatever.

Your response is why I don't post on here.

Edit: Might as well say this. I am turning 26 in December. I am about 5'9-5'10, I am in good shape (athletic), and depending on the person, they say I look like 2Pac or DMX. I used to be the nerd in High school with the eyeglasses and all of that shit. I changed myself by growing a mustache and goatee, shaved my head and during the summer of 2001, all of a sudden women were coming up to me. I didn't even have to try anymore. I never had problems talking to women; I thought I was ugly and my glasses were holding me back and it did. I changed my appearance and continued to improve myself. I didn't change as a person. I used to be picked on too so I know how that feels, but I changed that the moment I looked in the mirror and I said I need a makeover. Best decision I ever made.

On Friday, I was on the public transit and this cute Latina stared at me like she wanted to eat me up when she was exiting the bus. I was staring too. She was still staring at me through the window (I was too) when she was walking on the sidewalk. Shit like this happens to me all of the time. I walk somewhere and girls say hi to me and I start a conversation. It happens to me ever since 2001. I don't know why your failures have to translate to everyone else. Just because racism or whatever it is happens to you doesn't mean it happens to other people. That's my whole point, but you ignore it all.

I guess all of these women from all of these countries have been lying to me. I guess all of my friends and family have been lying to me about the countries they visited and lived in. It's all a lie. What I said about my life is a lie too. Do you think they all lied? I don't believe it.

I know you like to say men with success in America with women use PUA. I don't use PUA and I hate everything about it. I am myself. Who else am I going to be? I am not changing for no one. Being yourself is the cliche response, but it is true. I have seen so-called PUAs fail and I've seen it with my own two eyes. Anyway, I am done for now. Believe what you want man.
I think you do well with women from many cultures and countries because you are young, good-looking, and have figured out how to relate to these girls effectively.

Race is a factor in many countries. But as I've stated in another post, you still may do well in a country which is biased against your race if you are able to attract the women there. Just look at the States. Momopi recently posted about research into personal adds which suggested a large percentage of white women did not open their dating window to black men. In fact there were even more black women open to dating whites than vice-versa according to the personals surveyed. And many consider the USA to be quite racist. But we all know that in reality, there is a much higher percentage of black male/white female couples in the States than the other way around.

Guys who are older, uglier, nerdier, shyer, etc. will find this game a much bigger challenge no matter what their race. The world of women is a wide-open place to attractive, fit, hip, young guys. They can go to many places and do great. Some don't even need to leave at all. But the below average looking, out of shape, nerdy, older guys will be limited to just a few countries if they wanna have a prolific social and sex life with young girls. And they better be relatively wealthy in those venues too or all bets are off.

I believe race plays a role but the physical factors are much more important at the end of the day. Even in Japan, I bet a young, fit, and hip white guy is going to do a lot better overall than an over-the-hill and/or below average looking black guy.
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Winston you are absolutely true about the whole foreigner not allowed in some apartments and some parts of roppongi too. but PACSUN is correct about black with japanese women i am a black guy. they liked me alot when i was in japan. they were approaching me behind the counter at the japanese mcdonalds. i talk to them here in the states just as long as they are working behind the counter they are some of the MOST friendly sweet pleasant women on the planet. the american environment changes them when they get here though, so they are mostly not approachable here. i was approached by a japanese girl here in southern california which was an added surprise.

PACSUN man take me with you dude. I just found out from a friend who is in the military and he is black. He told me the german women love black guys. another friend of mine told me armenian can't get enough of that blackness.

i have the same experiences as you PACSUN. I get approached here in the states just this last christmas from a french woman, she was flirting with me in public. even an Italian lady from italy she did the same thing and flirted with me and approached me. its just too unreal. i saw a women she said she was from swizzerland ( how ever you spell that !)

she let me so close to her when i was talking to her. like touching shoulder to shoulder. even snuck a peak at her boob. she noticed but it DID NOT bother her. she was sweet friendly, and giggled and blushed when i gave her compliments ( just like winston said they would do). her heart was throbbing. she was very nervous. i found out from a female friend that the swiss beauty was ULTRA attracted to me. my female friend said this is why the swiss beauty was so nervous around me. to bad i could not be with her because she had to leave to go back home the next day.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I have seen this strange phenomenon in a lot of countries and with lots of expats It is titled: Never happened to me ( or the people I know), therefore it does not exist and it will not happen to others.

How this phenomenon occurs and why it is occurring is a mystery to me. I attribute it to several factors:

1) luck, good karma and good circumstances. being in situations when this evil does not reach you.
2) not enough exposure.
3) ignoring/not seeing. Not speaking the language and not understanding the body language.
4) being in the right times when being one like yourself ( young black man) is fashionable.

Well, you must be living in a very lucky world in which none of this exists:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Japan ... y_sign.jpg
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... A9629C8B63

In Japan there are many spas that will not admit foreign looking people and the whole Japanese district of Kabukicho in Tokyo has a no ( non Oriental) foreigners policy. Chinese are allowed in though.

I was never discriminated against in spas in Japan, and none of my friends have been. However, I was just lucky. It exists.

When I looked for an apartment in Japan it was like what Winston experienced in Russia. Nobody would rent to me. There is a small contingent of landlords that rent to foreigners but most do not. Just try going to realtors in a Japanese neighborhood and see what happens.

If you are welcome with open arms, then it proves that the universe is a hologram and we have karmic punishments dealt out to us while other people do not have those things happen to them.

For example, here in Angeles City there was recently a spat of attacks on foreigners ( only on white people). 9 are dead. A Filipino guy was targeting them and killing them and their Filipino maids and wives. A horrible tragedy.

But it did not happen to me or my friends. I have no problems here in the Philippines, the people love me, I think.

A small consolation to the dead and their families.

When I was in Saudi, white people again (Irish, Germans, all dead now) were targeted after the US attacked Iraq. In several compounds attacks were carried out. Lots of people were killed. Mostly white looking people. Even in a compound in Riyadh next to ours 18 people had been killed. Horrible sh1t!

Nothing like this, though, happened to me. I was not targeted and I lived a happy and comfortable life in Saudi Arabia. None of my friends got killed or told any bad things or attacked. All the people I know were very happy living in Saudi and the Saudis treated us very well.

Hmm, is there something missing in this logic?

I also hear stories here in Angeles city how some western guys went to Filipino bars and got beat up severely. For being white, again. Drunk guys would just attack them.

Never happened to me at any bar and I was always welcome.

But I got kicked out of some areas in Thailand solely for being white and was not admitted. Some of my friends were also kicked out. No farangs allowed. Interesting!

I was in Ukraine this spring and saw many Blacks, Arabs and Indians walking around. All seemed happy.

But every three- four months they find another black student slashed, beaten, dead. Recently a Korean was slashed beyond recognition in Kiev. He went there because he wanted to learn about the Ukrainian culture.

And maybe next time you are in Russia, you may want to visit this guy:

http://african-russia.net/2010/01/13/pr ... uary-2010/

and tell him how you threw racism out the window when you left the US and how it never happened to you or your loved ones.

I am sure he will be glad to hear that and that will speed up his recovery.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... 383780.htm

One Korean student is dead, too.

The Korean Foreign Ministry has an alert on travel to Russia! A danger zone!

70 foreigners killed in Russia last year. All non white. And these are only murders. How about beatings? Apartment discrimination, tauntings , etc.

Maybe you can visit their graves at a cemetery and share the good news with them?

Tell them and their families who will never see their sons again, how a Russian girl was looking at you and how your sisters are alive and never experienced racism.

I am sure they will have a few answers for you.

Now, as far as Winston's question go, I really cannot answer well. One would need to poll a cross section of Russian women to get some kind of picture from them. Also, one would need to poll the foreigners living in Russia to gets some kind of average reaction they get, etc.

I personally can be sure of one thing: when it comes to foreigners, just about EVERY guy will get a woman in Russia. Too many women and not enough guys. Now, what the women may secretly desire and LIKE ( which is most certainly some very kind, handsome, tall Russian guy with money, young, educated, etc) is not something that they can always GET. There are just not enough guys.

Same in the US. I think most American guys would love to meet a good all American girl and they do not want to fly to the Philippines or Russia. And I do not think we are all happier abroad because it is better abroad, it is just that things are now sh1t where we are.
Guys who are older, uglier, nerdier, shyer, etc. will find this game a much bigger challenge no matter what their race. The world of women is a wide-open place to attractive, fit, hip, young guys. They can go to many places and do great. Some don't even need to leave at all. But the below average looking, out of shape, nerdy, older guys will be limited to just a few countries if they wanna have a prolific social and sex life with young girls. And they better be relatively wealthy in those venues too or all bets are off.
And "older" in Japan can often be over 32. Also, many young black and white guys are seen as a fetish by quite a big number of women who like hip hop and are into Hollywood movies and Western culture; however, these are not the majority. The majority are non English speaking , they like Japanese guys and do not care much for foreigners.

English speaking Russian girls who are on Western websites and who are actively pursuing foreigners and Americans because of Hollywood again do not represent the cross section of the Russian population, as well. They are a very small minority, not even 1% I would say. And these are the ones you will be talking to. Unless you live in Russia and speak Russian and got to know people the natural way.
Last edited by ladislav on September 12th, 2010, 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

I will write a long comment later, but I will make this brief.

I didn't say it doesn't happen to other people. I said none of this stuff has happened to me or the people I know. They have no reason to lie about this. This is not some secret or something. I know it happens to other people because I see it everyday in real life and on sites like this. It is reality, but you can't ignore people that haven't been phased with the "strange phenomenon." I don't think it's strange not to be called a nigger. I haven't been called a nigger. Anyway, I will come back later to comment.

...I know racism and xenophobia exists. I am commenting on my personal experience. I am sorry this stuff has happened to you and others on this board. I didn't want to come in the thread and act like I was some stud or something.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Pacsun wrote:One guy told me, 'Once you are on that plane, throw the racism out of the window.' It simply doesn't matter.
Amen to that. This whole racist obsession of some folks on here needs to get out of their heads. Once you leave the US, you're in a different world. Yes, there is racism in other countries, but it's going to be racism against others in their social milieu, NOT against Americans (even in the ME, believe it or not).

The black vs. white vs. Hispanic vs. Asian issues the American press and race baiters here like to spin up for media time and book sales is a bunch of BS and no one outside of the US gives a rat's ass about it. I've said it before on here, Africans that I studied with at university wanted NOTHING to do with the black American social issues, since it wasn't part of their African social makeup. They were there to study and make friends, and that's it. Same thing outside of the US: no one wants to know about America's perceived social ills. Leave that crap in the US and get out there, free your mind and enjoy life!!

So, Winston, PLEASE stop worrying about how other countries might perceive you as an Asian. They will view you first and foremost as an American, unless you give them reason to do otherwise. If you carry a chip on your shoulder around with you outside of the US, they will see that and wonder what the heck is your problem. It seems to me that you have a major insecurity issue to deal with that you've not been able to shake. Everyone on here is trying to tell you to drop it and forget about it, but you won't. Is there something we're missing?
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

Ladislav,

You could say that about anything. How many people get murdered in the U.S. a day? Let's say every minute a person gets murdered. Why? We don't know. We don't have any control of that. How many women get raped in the U.S. or anywhere in the world? How come certain people are murdered and certain people are raped? How come? I think you are treading in water here by misleading this thread by adding the deaths of these people. The thread is about do Russian women prefer big white men. I answered by saying I have talked to many Russian women and race is no issue. Whatever I said shouldn't matter because it is my personal experience.

What happened to Winston hasn't happened to me. This isn't a conspiracy. You are trying to twist things for some strange reason. Many of these things do happen and no one can control it. I can't control Japan for having those signs up. I wasn't even alive when blacks couldn't go in the whites only sections of the country. No one has control over that. For you to paint a grim picture of this situation is pretty low. This is about dating, am I correct? Why bring in death? Winston was in Russia and he is alive and well. Winston had great success in Russia also. I have followed Winston every since 2007 when I read his ebook. I know about Winston and his life. This is all I have to say about all of this. Everything is probability.

Let me tell my black friend to pack his bags in Osaka in his nice house because landlords made an exception to him. You have to understand that bad things happen, but that doesn't mean bad things happen to everyone. This is the whole point.

I have never been stung by a bee and everyone I have ever known has. Is this a strange phenomenon? No, I haven't been stung by a bee, but I have been stung by a wasp. I don't know of anyone that has been stung by a wasp, but does that mean people I don't know haven't been stung by a wasp? I think we should stay on topic because this is about dating.

I am not going to be paranoid and fearful for my life because someone was murdered or raped or whatever. I am going to live my life whether it is in the U.S. or abroad. Bad things happen everywhere and don't let that stop you from doing what you want to do. I want to travel to every country in every continent and the things you posted about what happened to those people is not going to stop me from going over there or anywhere else. I don't live in fear. I only have one life to live and I plan on exploring the rest of the world.

There's racism in the world, but what can anyone do about it? f***ing shit. I can't do shit, you can't do shit and no one else can do shit either. Live your life and stop worrying about all of this karma and all this other shit that doesn't matter. So what if they wouldn't rent to you. I don't have enough credit to move into my own apartment here (like I want to stay here forever or something). I have an apartment at a place that doesn't have credit checks so I still win.

I know you have more travel experience than me and I respect that, but I try to be logical and practical. We have all felt this shit before. I couldn't get into a club because I wasn't 21. I can't go to an R film because I am only 14. That's the same thing. When you own something or have power to make rules, you make the rules and those rules will make you cringe. You can't do anything about so stop worrying about it. If tragedies happen in my life, they will happen. I can't control it.

Try to see things in a different perspective. If I offended anyone, I apologize. I just wanted to say what I had to say because I think this is being blown out of proportion.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The American five tribe ( Asian, White, Black, etc) racism does need to be removed from one's head. Once abroad all US citizens are usually just Americans. Something Americans have never learned to be back home.
However, when a Russian girl sees Winston, I do not think she exclaims in her mind- Oh, an American! It would most probably be- Oh, a Siberian native. Because that is what he would look like to her. People still judge others on appearances.
Legally though, all are Americans abroad. But not always socially. Americans in the eyes of most people look like the iron jawed Matt Damon. That's an American. Then, like Black Americans.
Asians Americans in quite a few countries are told- you are not REAL Americans. That is a routine. Do you remember all those articles about Chinese Americans not being to get a job in China? I remember one Filipino guy was arguing until blue in the cafe that a Texan named Joe Ramirez did not have an American name.
In some countries racism will affect you, in some it will only affect the locals and not you especially if you are not looking for work there and are not applying for local documents or becoming naturalized according to their rules.
In most countries US style racism may not exist completely but local variations may or may not affect you. You will just need to see whole thing suits you individually.
And in some places if you are a naturalized US citizen, they will not see you as an American either. Been there, seen that.
Last edited by ladislav on September 12th, 2010, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

@RedDog, thank you. I am sick of the racism obsession. Yes, it happens, but you and I cannot control it so why bother trying to figure out why they hate a certain racial group or what not? Live your life and do what you want to do.

I have been in a house where confederate flags were hung up from the ceiling to the backyard and they let me in not once, but twice. They were racists okay. They hated blacks, but they let me in their home. Why? They saw something in me and they like who I was. I always use this example because it is refreshing. If a family full of racists let me in their home, they must be a reason for this. It is the individual. Anyway, I said what I had to say.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Pacsun wrote:@RedDog, thank you. I am sick of the racism obsession. Yes, it happens, but you and I cannot control it so why bother trying to figure out why they hate a certain racial group or what not? Live your life and do what you want to do.

I have been in a house where confederate flags were hung up from the ceiling to the backyard and they let me in not once, but twice. They were racists okay. They hated blacks, but they let me in their home. Why? They saw something in me and they like who I was. I always use this example because it is refreshing. If a family full of racists let me in their home, they must be a reason for this. It is the individual. Anyway, I said what I had to say.
Good for you! I have been to places where people were shot and killed. Same happened to my family. People came to my great grandfathers' house. Put him in front of his family ( my mom) and shot him. It was Ukraine in the 1920ies. He was not a bad person with a bad attitude. Just a wrong ethnic group.He did not even know any of those people. Then when Romanians came in 1940ies, they poured gasoline on certain ethnic groups and set them on fire ALIVE. Watched them writhe. This happened where my grandma lived. I am sure those people did not show a bad attitude and they were not all negative. Those horrible things just happened.

In some villages where I lived ethnic Polish population was killed with pichtforks and axes. Kids and all. Totally ethnically cleansed. This is the world that I know.

Congratulations on your experience and how you had been able to stop racism with your attitude. Not too hard in post civil rights America.
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

Did I say these people got what was coming to them? Nope, I never said that. I said bad things happen to people, but that doesn't mean bad things happen to everyone (such as being murdered or something heinous like this). I am not talking about not being let in a rave because of some stupid stipulation. I am talking about the real shit like getting tortured or something.

Innocent people get murdered, kidnapped, extorted, robbed and I can go on and on.

I never said anything about any of these people that died or faced hardship were bad people.

My step-uncle was killed by a drunk driver in 2001 and my step-uncle was one of the finest people I have ever met. He didn't deserve to die. That drunk driver decided he should drive home drunk that particular night. My step-uncle died from his injuries (he was clinically brain dead).

I get what you're saying, but I don't get what you're saying. You are doing this again. "You didn't experience any of this in post-civil rights movement America, but in 1872 my ancestors were killed by refugees."

Putting words into my mouth. All I said was bad things happen. My attitude huh? People say I am very articulate, polite, respectful, generous, courteous, intelligent, and nice. No one has ever said I had a bad attitude. I guess I can't comment on my personal experience and what I have seen with my own eyes. I wasn't alive in 1940 in Romania so I don't know about any of that.

We will agree to disagree. I don't have an attitude; I am being realistic and logical. Anything can happen and we all should know this. To say that me as a black man goes to Ukraine and I get kidnapped and raped by a gang of thugs because I waved at a girl is probably not going to happen. It is plausible, but I highly doubt it would happen.

I am sure someone is getting murdered right now for being the wrong ethnic group, but what can we do?