Eliminate Faceberg Popups

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Eliminate Faceberg Popups

Post by Cornfed »

Winston, my suggestion is to eliminate the current annoying Facebook highlighted keywords and popups plaguing the forum. Aside from being extremely irritating, they are going to give people like me the heebee jeebees about Facebook being able to associate our usernames here with our Facebook accounts. This is a bad marketing idea. Please end it.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Eliminate Faceberg Popups

Post by Winston »

Ok they are gone now. Sorry for the annoyance. I've been looking for an alternate to AdSense. Theres no good ones. Except for Media.net, owned by Yahoo and Bing. I dont know if they will approve this site though.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:Ok they are gone now.
No, they are currently still here.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You gotta wait a few minutes for the changes to take effect bozo. lol. :P

They are not there anymore.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

You already have enough banner advertising on this website. You don't need popups. You already have enough advertising revenue. Don't get greedy. Popups will kill the site and drive people away.

Have you ever visited a site just so loaded with popups, advertising, scripts, everything that you just want to get out of there? Well I hope that is not the direction you are going.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Oh I don't like that certain words are highlighted in blue and link to something. Never had that before. Get rid of it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

TruthSeeker wrote:Oh I don't like that certain words are highlighted in blue and link to something. Never had that before. Get rid of it.
Come on man. Those text link ads are nowhere near as annoying as pop ups. They arent intrusive. You can ignore them easily.

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Winston wrote:
TruthSeeker wrote:Oh I don't like that certain words are highlighted in blue and link to something. Never had that before. Get rid of it.
Come on man. Those text link ads are nowhere near as annoying as pop ups. They arent intrusive. You can ignore them easily.
I don't like it because it implies that I put the link there when I did not. So it's changing my text and anyway nobody is going to click on it anyway. It's just annoying and you don't need it. Why let it distract from this forum?
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Weird. When you click the link it goes to farcebook trash. So you are supporting Mark Suckerberg. This is the guy who said how f***ing dumb people are to give them their personal information.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mark_Zuckerberg
Zuck: Yeah so if you ever need info about anyone at Harvard
Zuck: Just ask
Zuck: I have over 4,000 emails, pictures, addresses, SNS
[Redacted Friend's Name]: What? How'd you manage that one?
Zuck: People just submitted it.
Zuck: I don't know why.
Zuck: They "trust me"
Zuck: Dumb f ucks
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Those text links are from Infolinks.com. Not from Facebook. I guess FB is one of their advertisers. I don't get why. Why would FB need any advertising? Everyone uses it. We will see if anyone clicks on it or not. If it gets no results, I'll just remove them later.

Btw on FB personal information is usually private and not publicly posted. It's common sense you don't post private info on FB that you don't want others to see.