Any of you have recurring dreams?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Winston
Site Admin

Any of you have recurring dreams?

Post by Winston »

I often dream of visiting this gorgeous canyon that I love. Each time it appears in my dream, it's like a familiar place. Yet it doesn't exist in real life and is not based on a real place.

Do any of you have recurring places in your dreams? Or recurring themes? Or familiar people that you don't know in real life but you know in dreams that recurr too?

I often dream of ascending to the top floor of a building to find an empty floor, as if it's telling me that reaching the top results in emptiness.

And I often dream of being back in school and being totally anxious and unprepared for classes, as if I've fallen behind and am vulnerable and totally stressed out. It's a very depressing dream that makes me feel like a loser drop out.

I wonder what the cause of recurring places and themes in dreams are, or if they are messages from the subconscious mind and beyond.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A few days ago, after I masturbated, I had an amazing lucid dream.

It seems that after I masturbate and climax, I sometimes have spiritual insights or moments of clarity. It's as if the momentary subsiding of my sexual desires, which dominate me subconsciously, allow my spiritual consciousness to emerge for a while or something.

Have you ever heard of that? I had a profound experience like that when I was 14, which is detailed here: viewtopic.php?p=18116

Anyway, after I climaxed, I dozed off into a lucid dream. In this dream, a voice from above asked me what I wanted. I replied "to become a white guy?" Then I felt a beam of energy hit me from above and transform me into a white guy. Suddenly, I floated upward. Around me were levels or floors of a building, like the inside of a skyscraper with the walls removed. On each floor were jumbles of furnitures and chairs. When I floated past many levels, I glided toward the other side of the building and then started descending on the other side. As I floated down, I saw the same floors with furniture on each level.

When I reached the bottom, suddenly I was in front of some brick structure with a wooden panel in front of me. I felt like something told me to remove the panel, so I did. After I removed it, there was another wooden panel. After I removed several of them, it got harder to remove them. They became stuck, so I had to pry them. Sometimes sliding them worked. Each panel had to be moved in a different way. I felt like I was about to discover something hidden.

After many panels were removed, I finally got to the interior of structure, which was like a brick stove or fireplace. But all that was there was brittle sand with pieces of sticks in them. I wasn't sure if it was sand, ashes or fragments of bone though.

I'm not sure what to make of this dream or what it meant. Usually when I have dreams where I climb floors or open things or unmask layers, there is some meaning in them.

What do you think this dream meant? I was conscious during this dream and felt like I was being shown something.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Same here. A street and a city. Also, I have a "yesterday", a "today" and even a "last week" there. I have memories of what happened before while I am there. And those are memories of events 'there'.

Meaning it is as if there is a life that is running concurrently or even many lives along with this one. And the time there is like 12 times longer.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Any of you have recurring dreams?

Post by Winston »

Someone told me that my recurring dreams about being back in school again and getting lost while finding classes or constantly failing my classes, represents me failing at the school of life. What do you all think? Do any of you have recurring dreams about being in school and failing all the time too? Those dreams give me a lot of anxiety.

I also dream of snakes and serpents a lot. They represent something evil within us or our desire controlling us, according to online dream dictionaries. Do any of you see snakes in your dreams too? I get those the most when im unhappy or struggling with lust or desire, or feel trapped and powerless.

I saw in some gnosis videos that the purpose of sleep is so your spirit and body can recharge from the astral plane and renew its power or energy. Kind of like recharging your phone. Also the matrix we are in may be sending us updates to download into our consciousness while we sleep. Updates that may affect our DNA or spirits.

Sounds far out i know. But since many physicists are now saying that its a certainty now that we live in a computer simulation matrix, based on a lot of new evidence, well then anything like that could be possible.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

I've read in a couple of places that's supposed to be the most common dream -- it's the last week of classes, you haven't been to any of them, how are you going to pass? It was recurring for me for years after my very undistinguished academic undergraduate career (probably made about 25-30 percent of my classes over four years). Maybe it's mostly purged now that I've done better in grad school and law school. The most common recurring dream now is making a comeback in baseball.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
November 27th, 2017, 12:15 pm
I've read in a couple of places that's supposed to be the most common dream -- it's the last week of classes, you haven't been to any of them, how are you going to pass? It was recurring for me for years after my very undistinguished academic undergraduate career (probably made about 25-30 percent of my classes over four years). Maybe it's mostly purged now that I've done better in grad school and law school. The most common recurring dream now is making a comeback in baseball.
Weird, I keep having dreams where I am back in high school or university and haven’t been attending classes. Or else I can’t find the classes or they are physically difficult to get to, like having to climb up buildings under construction. Eventually I think “Wait, haven’t I already graduated?” and eventually wake up. It is generally a relief to wake up. There are other dreams that are similarly studies in frustration, such as punching someone who can’t seem to be injured or some chick coming on to me but I can’t close the deal.

BTW, 25-30% of your classes? When I did biochemistry at a reputable university in the 90s, you would not have had the chance to fail because you would have been booted out post haste for that. I guess I am lucky for that severe school, for all the financial good it has done me.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
November 27th, 2017, 3:56 pm
BTW, 25-30% of your classes? When I did biochemistry at a reputable university in the 90s, you would not have had the chance to fail because you would have been booted out post haste for that. I guess I am lucky for that severe school, for all the financial good it has done me.
Are there any good career prospects for bio-chem grads who do not get advanced degrees?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
November 27th, 2017, 7:36 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Are there any good career prospects for bio-chem grads who do not get advanced degrees?
It would seem not any more, which is insane.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
November 27th, 2017, 12:15 pm
Weird, I keep having dreams where I am back in high school or university and haven’t been attending classes. Or else I can’t find the classes or they are physically difficult to get to, like having to climb up buildings under construction. Eventually I think “Wait, haven’t I already graduated?” and eventually wake up. It is generally a relief to wake up. There are other dreams that are similarly studies in frustration, such as punching someone who can’t seem to be injured or some chick coming on to me but I can’t close the deal.

It was Duke University, which likes to think of itself as the Harvard of the South, that gave me that degree, bestowed, as a fellow academic reprobate put it, laude how cum. Interesting that this dream inflicts itself upon diligent students also.

When chicks show up in my dreams we just wordlessly melt into rapturous embrace. Always a sound (if not always successful) approach in real life -- lock eyes, move into her personal space and keep your mouth shut. In the dreams there's a sense that they all want me. Navigating around Bucharest in conscious reality, there's a sense that none of them do. The mind can be a real conundrum.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
November 28th, 2017, 12:14 am
When chicks show up in my dreams we just wordlessly melt into rapturous embrace.
What the hell? Why do even my dreams suck so much? This just confirms my theory that the entire universe is a practical joke on me personally.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Cornfed wrote:
November 28th, 2017, 12:45 am
gsjackson wrote:
When chicks show up in my dreams we just wordlessly melt into rapturous embrace.
What the hell? Why do even my dreams suck so much? This just confirms my theory that the entire universe is a practical joke on me personally.
Hey, I'm not exactly killing it in real life these days. We'll have to consult with CE, who claims to be getting some regularly.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

gsjackson wrote:
When chicks show up in my dreams we just wordlessly melt into rapturous embrace. Always a sound (if not always successful) approach in real life -- lock eyes, move into her personal space and keep your mouth shut. In the dreams there's a sense that they all want me. Navigating around Bucharest in conscious reality, there's a sense that none of them do. The mind can be a real conundrum.

gsjackson,

I wonder if you have to change the sheets after your recurring dreams.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
November 27th, 2017, 8:53 pm
MrMan wrote:
November 27th, 2017, 7:36 pm
Cornfed wrote:
It would seem not any more, which is insane.
It kind of makes sense. It makes sense that psych and sociology majors have difficulty finding jobs. What are they going to do with that, really? But isn't biochemistry sort of the same sort of degree as far as sciences go? I've never majored in biochemistry, so I don't know the details, but what industries want that? Maybe there are some bio-tech firms or pharmaceutical companies that could use that knowledge, but they may start off with masters grads and PhDs. Did the degree train you to do something specific?
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

MrMan wrote:
November 28th, 2017, 2:48 am
gsjackson wrote:

gsjackson,

I wonder if you have to change the sheets after your recurring dreams.
Not any more. Nocturnal emissions don't seem to follow you into senescence.

Wonder of wonders, I think a good looking female was actually checking me out on the Bucharest subway today. She sat down and started to work the phone, like they all do at all times, but got distracted, apparently by me, and shot a few looks my way. Romania will have to deport her if they find out about this.