Online Dating sites in Thailand other than Okcupid and Tinder?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
SvetloSova
Freshman Poster

Online Dating sites in Thailand other than Okcupid and Tinder?

Post by SvetloSova »

Hi guys!

I'm going to be headed to Thailand in a few months but to plan ahead of time, was wondering if anyone knew of any good online dating sites there besides okcupid and tinder? :wink:

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Online Dating sites in Thailand other than Okcupid and Tinder?

Post by Yohan »

For what do you need online service - just go to Thailand and look around yourself.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I can field this one. I just got back from a trip to Thailand.

The best free site for online dating with Thai girls is Thaifriendly.com. And you should use it, because just going up to random Thai girls during the day is not gonna work that well. (night game is slightly better)

However, if you think it will be easy to meet Thai girls on this (or any) site, you are in for an unpleasant surprise.

Online dating is increasingly broken everywhere and Thailand is no exception. Even after paying for the upgraded plan which gives you extra visibility, it is difficult to get a girl to reply to you more than once, in more than one word at a time, let alone to actually meet you. It's not impossible, but expect to invest huge amounts of time and effort in the hopes of maybe getting one actual date. Thai girls are very standoffish.

I'm talking about girls as in girls in their 20's. If you happen to prefer older women it will all be easier. I got plenty of messages from chubby post-wall single mothers I wouldn't go on a date with if all other women in the world were dead.

In other words, online dating in Thailand is basically the same as online dating in the USA.

If you do manage to get one they are pretty quick to jump into bed with you. That's another way it's the same as online dating in the USA. The girls are all sluts. Incredibly standoffish sluts.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I think flowerthief00 has nailed this. Thailand isn't that good for dating. I got plenty of dates when I lived there, but the women were on the whole really low quality.

I had some contacts on TanTan when I was there last Summer. As for Thai Friendly, forget it. There are so many cheapskate farangs on it that unless you upgrade your membership you won't do that well.

I'm moving to Guangdong in September. It will be interesting to see if it's still a dating paradise. But my next door neighbour of an English teacher has just got divorced from his trashy Chinese wife. He's at the "give me all your money" stage of the settlement negotiation stage.

We're better off being MGTOW to be honest.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
SvetloSova
Freshman Poster

Post by SvetloSova »

Yohan wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 6:10 am
For what do you need online service - just go to Thailand and look around yourself.
Of course but i'm trying to get more intel before I go.
flowerthief00 wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 10:32 pm
I can field this one. I just got back from a trip to Thailand.

The best free site for online dating with Thai girls is Thaifriendly.com. And you should use it, because just going up to random Thai girls during the day is not gonna work that well. (night game is slightly better)

However, if you think it will be easy to meet Thai girls on this (or any) site, you are in for an unpleasant surprise.

Online dating is increasingly broken everywhere and Thailand is no exception. Even after paying for the upgraded plan which gives you extra visibility, it is difficult to get a girl to reply to you more than once, in more than one word at a time, let alone to actually meet you. It's not impossible, but expect to invest huge amounts of time and effort in the hopes of maybe getting one actual date. Thai girls are very standoffish.

I'm talking about girls as in girls in their 20's. If you happen to prefer older women it will all be easier. I got plenty of messages from chubby post-wall single mothers I wouldn't go on a date with if all other women in the world were dead.

In other words, online dating in Thailand is basically the same as online dating in the USA.

If you do manage to get one they are pretty quick to jump into bed with you. That's another way it's the same as online dating in the USA. The girls are all sluts. Incredibly standoffish sluts.
Awww man! online dating and day time approaching don't work well there? That's a real bummer....was hoping it'd be a bit easier than the U.S. :(. In terms of age range, since i'm 32....i actually prefer girls in that ballpark to where hopefully it isn't all that bad. I wonder if its because of the recent surge of expats and tourism for it becoming that way....but thaifriendly might be worth a try, thanks!!!
xiongmao wrote:
May 11th, 2019, 5:43 am
I think flowerthief00 has nailed this. Thailand isn't that good for dating. I got plenty of dates when I lived there, but the women were on the whole really low quality.

I had some contacts on TanTan when I was there last Summer. As for Thai Friendly, forget it. There are so many cheapskate farangs on it that unless you upgrade your membership you won't do that well.

I'm moving to Guangdong in September. It will be interesting to see if it's still a dating paradise. But my next door neighbour of an English teacher has just got divorced from his trashy Chinese wife. He's at the "give me all your money" stage of the settlement negotiation stage.

We're better off being MGTOW to be honest.
Definitely update your findings on guagdong if you can, the more intel the better for sure! That reminds of some of okupid/tinder deals...most of the girls were ok looking...majority in their 30s. I also have been following the MGTOW movement :).
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

There was a time in thailand it was easier to meet girls. Good one too. But word got out and the over sex guys went there and screw the place up.

More or less all of asia is becoming like that.