Thailand Updates from Winston and Rock!

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Thailand Updates from Winston and Rock!

Post by Cornfed »

flowerthief00 wrote:
July 26th, 2019, 4:32 pm
To me the animal suffering by itself should be enough. Several million animals were slaughtered for food in the few seconds it took you to read my post so far.
If everyone follows your example, won't all livestock be slaughtered and their genetic lines cease to exist entirely?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

flowerthief00 wrote:
@Winston
Oh I completely agree that Thailand is food paradise compared to Philippines. I never said Thailand in general doesn't have good food. It's the main thing about Thailand that I like.

@E Irizarry R&B Singer
Why am I not an omnivore? You've answered the question yourself. You know about the animal suffering. You understand about the carcinogens and the many ways that animal-based food is unhealthy. I bet you also know about the tremendous environmental damage caused by animal agricultural. (massive damage to oceans, forests, soil, etc)

How many more reasons does one need to stop consuming animals? If not now then at what point does winning an arm-wrestling contest stop being more important?

To me the animal suffering by itself should be enough. Several million animals were slaughtered for food in the few seconds it took you to read my post so far. Every single one felt the same pain and fear that we'd feel in the same situation. And every death was unnecessary. Our treatment of our fellow animals is THE most horrible event taking place on this planet. If I can't take a stand against that then what the hell am I good for?
@flowerthief00
This is a respectable response. This is one of the reasons why I like most of your posts. Vegan food came a long way in taste now if it can get as cheap as meat, then maybe I'll switch, but I need my meat taste.
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Wow. If the likes of @E Irizarry R&B Singer can create an intelligent response to a sensitive topic such as this, there must be weight to what has been said. Keep posting more content, @flowerthief00. You're one of the few bright posters here.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

@@Cornfed
Nothing needs to go extinct any more than poodle dogs need to go extinct. There would be *fewer* cows, pigs, and chickens around, but that isn't a bad thing. Neo and Morpheus and Trinity and their band of rebels from Matrix were relatively few in number compared to the innumerable mass of humanity that was being used as livestock by alien masters, but theirs was a better existence wouldn't you say?

@E Irizarry R&B Singer
You might not believe me but I realized (and many other vegans report similarly) that my taste in food changed when I gave up meat. What used to taste good became repulsive, and new tastes were discovered or newly appreciated. Spices and sauces I didn't stop liking, but after awhile I no longer had any desire whatsoever for the texture of meat. So while in the beginning I, too, lamented how mock meat was so expensive, now I don't even care, because what I'm eating now is both healthier AND cheaper AND ethical.

However, perhaps even more than meat, nothing has become as disgusting to me as cheese. Cheese's popularity has a lot to do with the opiods contained in it. Get off of it and you will begin to see it for the gross fatty pus-ridden gunk that it actually is.

@Man With a Plan
Thanks.
MacDaddy
Freshman Poster

Post by MacDaddy »

Winston wrote:
March 5th, 2016, 11:53 am
Update:

Went to the soapy place again today, the one for Chinese and NE asian men, one more time before i left Bangkok. This time was amazing and surreal. She exceeded my expectations! Wow!

When we got into the room, she immediately began hugging and kissing me with affection and tenderness, as if we had been a couple for a long time. I couldnt believe it. I was shocked in disbelief. For once a surprise is pleasant. The heavens must be sending me a gift for once, i thought. She was so sweet and affectionate like no other p4p girl ive ever met. Wow. Total GFE and more.

She massaged me and bathed me as though i were a Chinese emperor and she was my servant. Surreal! A fantasy come true which i thought was not possible! Not once did she argue or complain about anything. Wow. She also touched me and rubbed me in many erotic ways to get me hard and horny. Wow. Ive never experienced that before. Never seen a girl with such skill. I thought that only existed in the movies. Dang!

For example, she rubbed her tits and torso on my private parts while i held her beautiful face and hair. It was so stimulating with so much sensation. Words cant describe it! Dang. She acted passionate too, so if it was an act, she must be a first rate actress. Dang.

The sex was good too. Very passionate. For once i didnt struggle. Everything was so smooth and harmonious. Unbelievable! Never experienced such quality before. This was probably the most perfect p4p experience i ever had! Virtually flawless! Im absolutely stunned and mesmerized! For over an hour i was on cloud nine or nirvana!

Afterward, i gave her a tip and exchanged contact info with her. She even let me make a selfie photo with her too, and a normal photo of her, which i will post later.

This was the most flawless, smooth and harmonious p4p experience i ever had! Wow a million times! I never thought such was possible. Unreal. I am completely mesmerized. Wow. There is a God after all! Now ill be glad to leave Thailand with a smile on my face and wonderful experience to conclude my trip. :)
So where is the selfie and normal photo?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

flowerthief00 wrote:
@Winston
Oh I completely agree that Thailand is food paradise compared to Philippines. I never said Thailand in general doesn't have good food. It's the main thing about Thailand that I like.

@E Irizarry R&B Singer
Why am I not an omnivore? You've answered the question yourself. You know about the animal suffering. You understand about the carcinogens and the many ways that animal-based food is unhealthy. I bet you also know about the tremendous environmental damage caused by animal agricultural. (massive damage to oceans, forests, soil, etc)

How many more reasons does one need to stop consuming animals? If not now then at what point does winning an arm-wrestling contest stop being more important?

To me the animal suffering by itself should be enough. Several million animals were slaughtered for food in the few seconds it took you to read my post so far. Every single one felt the same pain and fear that we'd feel in the same situation. And every death was unnecessary. Our treatment of our fellow animals is THE most horrible event taking place on this planet. If I can't take a stand against that then what the hell am I good for?
Good points. And also when you eat meat it lowers your spiritual level and consciousness level too, as well as your creativity and connection to the divine and cosmos. Artists and writers know this, thats why they do their best work when they stop eating meat.

In addition, not eating meat gives you better karma too. You get bonus protection from the universe and higher forces for your cruelty free living, which meat eaters do not get. Less violence befalls you too. Animals also like you more when you're a vegetarian, as they can sense those who dont eat them.

Chinese Buddhists also claim that being vegetarian will reduce you having unusual and unexplainable physical pains too, which in my experience seems to be true. There are Chinese cartoons on YouTube made by Pureland Buddhists that teach this karmic lesson about eating meat too. They seem to imply that the spirits of the dead animals you eat will haunt you and give you nightmares and physical ailments and illnesses and afflictions too. Scary stuff.

Anyone who sees documentaries like "Diet for a New America" and "Earthlings" will become vegetarian and stop eating meat. I dare you all to see them.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MacDaddy wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 8:52 pm
Winston wrote:
March 5th, 2016, 11:53 am
Update:

Went to the soapy place again today, the one for Chinese and NE asian men, one more time before i left Bangkok. This time was amazing and surreal. She exceeded my expectations! Wow!

When we got into the room, she immediately began hugging and kissing me with affection and tenderness, as if we had been a couple for a long time. I couldnt believe it. I was shocked in disbelief. For once a surprise is pleasant. The heavens must be sending me a gift for once, i thought. She was so sweet and affectionate like no other p4p girl ive ever met. Wow. Total GFE and more.

She massaged me and bathed me as though i were a Chinese emperor and she was my servant. Surreal! A fantasy come true which i thought was not possible! Not once did she argue or complain about anything. Wow. She also touched me and rubbed me in many erotic ways to get me hard and horny. Wow. Ive never experienced that before. Never seen a girl with such skill. I thought that only existed in the movies. Dang!

For example, she rubbed her tits and torso on my private parts while i held her beautiful face and hair. It was so stimulating with so much sensation. Words cant describe it! Dang. She acted passionate too, so if it was an act, she must be a first rate actress. Dang.

The sex was good too. Very passionate. For once i didnt struggle. Everything was so smooth and harmonious. Unbelievable! Never experienced such quality before. This was probably the most perfect p4p experience i ever had! Virtually flawless! Im absolutely stunned and mesmerized! For over an hour i was on cloud nine or nirvana!

Afterward, i gave her a tip and exchanged contact info with her. She even let me make a selfie photo with her too, and a normal photo of her, which i will post later.

This was the most flawless, smooth and harmonious p4p experience i ever had! Wow a million times! I never thought such was possible. Unreal. I am completely mesmerized. Wow. There is a God after all! Now ill be glad to leave Thailand with a smile on my face and wonderful experience to conclude my trip. :)
So where is the selfie and normal photo?
Its in the link i posted to the album from Google photos of my Thailand trip. Didnt you see it somewhere in this thread?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

After seeing and doing stuff in Bangkok and Pattaya, we are now on an island called Koh Samet, off the coast of Thailand on the eastern coastline. Its very beautiful here with spectacular beaches. But was hard to get to as it involved many transfers, taxis, buses and boats. Next time its better to do a package deal at a travel agency to get here i learned. It will cost the same but get you here much more smoothly.

This island has many spectacular clean beaches and resorts, both popular and secluded. I haven't been to a beach like this in a long time. Plus the water is warm here too, whereas most beaches, especially in the USA, are too cold to swim in, or too dirty. It feels so good to connect with nature by immersing yourself into the sea water.

For two days we rented motorcycles and rode around the island to see different beaches, coastlines, vista points and resorts. It was very spectacular. I dont know how to ride a motorcycle so i rode with Rock on the backseat. Dianne rented one too but as a girl it would look awkward if i rode on her back while she drove. Plus she said it's harder to drive, steer and balance with too much weight on your seat.

Rock is preparing to go home soon. So Dianne and i will stay behind and enjoy this island some more. From here we will head east toward the border of Cambodia to see the famous site of Ankor Wat and also visit Ladislav in Phnom Penh too.

Are any of you in Cambodia too?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

After 5 or 6 days at Koh Samet island, and swimming at the beaches there, we left and went back to Bangkok. Rock left first though since he had business to attend to back in Manila. So Dianne and i stayed behind. We were glad to leave Koh Samet though since being on an island too long gives you island fever. Lol. Feels like you're disconnected and isolated from the mainland. Like in the movie "Castaway" with Tom Hanks. Lol

So we are now in Bangkok to relax and prepare to go to Cambodia next. But not before i show Dianne the famous Wat Pho and reclining Buddha monument inside of course. And do some shopping around Bangkok as well, and enjoy the good food too.

In Cambodia, we will visit the famous Ankor Wat historical monuments near siem reap. Then go to Phnom Penh to visit Ladislav. We were gonna take the bus but it was too much trouble so we will fly instead since the flights are cheap.

Based on what ladislav told me and my own research, it seems Cambodia is even cheaper than Thailand, at least for accommodation and food. And the people speak better English and do not scam foreigners as much. Thats a good thing. Im surprised they have a better talent for English. I would have expected the opposite.

However when it comes to entrance fees for big tourist attractions like Ankor Wat or p4p with bar girls, Cambodia seems to be more expensive.

Ladislav told me barfines in Cambodia are around 50 or 60 dollars and only for 3 hours. That's more than Thailand or Angeles City but a lot less than the US of course.

I dont know if we will visit Vietnam after Cambodia or not. We will see.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, one thing i dislike about Thailand is that people seem to be super money grubbing and will take advantage of every opportunity to squeeze extra money out of you. I've always disliked that kind of greedy vibe. But it seems to be in the nature of southeast asians, especially the lower class ones.

For example, at koh samet island, they charge you a lot for the speedboat, for a short ride, if you miss the ferry. Then when you get there they charge you 20 baht for the maintenance fee of the pier. Then some men in camouflage military attire charge you another 200 baht for the park entrance fee, since the island itself is considered a national park. All these fees are forced of course, without your consent.

What i hate is that they take your money for these opportunistic fees with a smile as though it were a mutual transaction and you will say thank you to them with a smile back, as though it were a transaction of mutual consent, when of course it is a forced transaction. Not surprisingly, many tourists do in fact smile and say "thank you" or "your welcome" while paying these forced fees, just to be polite. And also since they are in a happy touristy mood of course. Lol. It just all seems fake and contrived.

Similarly I've seen foreigners in the Philippines thank the immigration cashier for taking their money for expensive visa extension fees too. Lol. As though it were a mutual transaction done out of free will. Lol

I have thought of saying this after paying forced fees and being thanked for it, "well i cant say you're welcome, since technically i am being forced to pay this fee, not by my consent or free will. Thus i cannot show gratitude in return." Lol. I wonder how they would react to that statement or if they'd even understand it. Lol

Thai taxi drivers are also very money grubbing. They never like to use the meter and always want a fixed price, which im sure is to their advantage and more than the meter. Some insult you by asking ridiculous prices, like 200 baht for a 3 minute ride that should cost only 50 baht. Heck you could ride the taxi for an hour for 200 baht. Thats downright insulting. Their greed is over the top. And it produces a negative vibe too. Thats one thing i hate about this world. Too much greed and nothing is being done about it.

Btw there are so many Chinese tourists here now. Not so many white tourists. They are everywhere now, even in Angeles City and Manila. Its like Chinese tourists are taking over all of Asia. I was told by some restaurant owners here that if it wasnt for these Chinese tourists, Thailand's tourism industry would be dead and out of business. So the Chinese are whats keeping Thailand afloat. Not many westerners come here now, especially during low season. But they said its been like that all year, even during high season. So Thailands tourism industry seems to be going down for some reason. Perhaps its over saturated and people are beginning to seek other vacation spots. Plus the Thai government is making visa laws tougher too.

Ive never seen so many Chinese before. Especially rich and upper class young couples where the female looks like a model. Yet thats the type of Chinese that come here. I've never seen so many attractive Chinese model types in one area. Totally stunning. Eye candy everywhere. Most are with their boyfriends but some are in groups.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 5:37 pm
Btw, one thing i dislike about Thailand is that people seem to be super money grubbing and will take advantage of every opportunity to squeeze extra money out of you. I've always disliked that kind of greedy vibe. But it seems to be in the nature of southeast asians, especially the lower class ones.

For example, at koh samet island, they charge you a lot for the speedboat, for a short ride, if you miss the ferry. Then when you get there they charge you 20 baht for the maintenance fee of the pier. Then some men in camouflage military attire charge you another 200 baht for the park entrance fee, since the island itself is considered a national park. All these fees are forced of course, without your consent.

What i hate is that they take your money for these opportunistic fees with a smile as though it were a mutual transaction and you will say thank you to them with a smile back, as though it were a transaction of mutual consent, when of course it is a forced transaction. Not surprisingly, many tourists do in fact smile and say "thank you" or "your welcome" while paying these forced fees, just to be polite. And also since they are in a happy touristy mood of course. Lol. It just all seems fake and contrived.

Similarly I've seen foreigners in the Philippines thank the immigration cashier for taking their money for expensive visa extension fees too. Lol. As though it were a mutual transaction done out of free will. Lol

I have thought of saying this after paying forced fees and being thanked for it, "well i cant say you're welcome, since technically i am being forced to pay this fee, not by my consent or free will. Thus i cannot show gratitude in return." Lol. I wonder how they would react to that statement or if they'd even understand it. Lol

Thai taxi drivers are also very money grubbing. They never like to use the meter and always want a fixed price, which im sure is to their advantage and more than the meter. Some insult you by asking ridiculous prices, like 200 baht for a 3 minute ride that should cost only 50 baht. Heck you could ride the taxi for an hour for 200 baht. Thats downright insulting. Their greed is over the top. And it produces a negative vibe too. Thats one thing i hate about this world. Too much greed and nothing is being done about it.

Btw there are so many Chinese tourists here now. Not so many white tourists. They are everywhere now, even in Angeles City and Manila. Its like Chinese tourists are taking over all of Asia. I was told by some restaurant owners here that if it wasnt for these Chinese tourists, Thailand's tourism industry would be dead and out of business. So the Chinese are whats keeping Thailand afloat. Not many westerners come here now, especially during low season. But they said its been like that all year, even during high season. So Thailands tourism industry seems to be going down for some reason. Perhaps its over saturated and people are beginning to seek other vacation spots. Plus the Thai government is making visa laws tougher too.

Ive never seen so many Chinese before. Especially rich and upper class young couples where the female looks like a model. Yet thats the type of Chinese that come here. I've never seen so many attractive Chinese model types in one area. Totally stunning. Eye candy everywhere. Most are with their boyfriends but some are in groups.
What I was struck by was how the ATM's in Thailand gouge you for a 10 percent cash withdrawal fee. One of many things I hated about that country.

BTW, on the subject of ATM's, if you're in Europe don't ever use a Euronet machine to withdraw cash or it will cost you a few dollars more with a large withdrawal fee. And if the ATM you do use asks you if you want the exchange rate they offer, don't take it. Your bank, at least if it's like mine (which actually is a credit union), will charge you the regular exchange rate that day, and will do it on the same day, whereas the rate the European bank that owns the ATM will offer is less favorable. For example, withdrawing 200 zloty in Poland a couple months ago cost $52 (plus a $1 transaction fee) with my bank's exchange rate, $59 with the rate offered by the European bank (which was still cheaper than Euronet). Often when you elect your bank's rate, you will get a message saying 'are you sure you want to take a chance on an unknown rate?' Don't be suckered. Never take the rate they offer. Same goes for purchasing air tickets from a European airline with a bank card.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

Dianne and I are now in Cambodia now. See the new thread I created for that country here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40697

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 8:49 pm
What I was struck by was how the ATM's in Thailand gouge you for a 10 percent cash withdrawal fee. One of many things I hated about that country.

BTW, on the subject of ATM's, if you're in Europe don't ever use a Euronet machine to withdraw cash or it will cost you a few dollars more with a large withdrawal fee. And if the ATM you do use asks you if you want the exchange rate they offer, don't take it. Your bank, at least if it's like mine (which actually is a credit union), will charge you the regular exchange rate that day, and will do it on the same day, whereas the rate the European bank that owns the ATM will offer is less favorable. For example, withdrawing 200 zloty in Poland a couple months ago cost $52 (plus a $1 transaction fee) with my bank's exchange rate, $59 with the rate offered by the European bank (which was still cheaper than Euronet). Often when you elect your bank's rate, you will get a message saying 'are you sure you want to take a chance on an unknown rate?' Don't be suckered. Never take the rate they offer. Same goes for purchasing air tickets from a European airline with a bank card.
But aren't all ATM's the same? They seem so. Every ATM I've gone to in Philippines and Thailand, charge the same fees, about 5 dollars. Plus you gotta pay the fees from your own bank in the US as well, which is usually like 1 or 2 percent of the amount you withdraw. So the total fees from ATM amount to 7 to 8 dollars, if I were to withdraw 200 dollars for example.

I've never seen a 10 percent ATM fee in Thailand though. It usually just tells you that you will be charged 200 baht as a service fee and asks you to click enter to accept. Pretty standardized on every machine.

Rock told me you should get a Charles Schwab account to avoid any fees on ATM withdrawals overseas.

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
August 16th, 2019, 10:29 am
gsjackson wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 8:49 pm

But aren't all ATM's the same? They seem so. Every ATM I've gone to in Philippines and Thailand, charge the same fees, about 5 dollars. Plus you gotta pay the fees from your own bank in the US as well, which is usually like 1 or 2 percent of the amount you withdraw. So the total fees from ATM amount to 7 to 8 dollars, if I were to withdraw 200 dollars for example.

I've never seen a 10 percent ATM fee in Thailand though. It usually just tells you that you will be charged 200 baht as a service fee and asks you to click enter to accept. Pretty standardized on every machine.

Rock told me you should get a Charles Schwab account to avoid any fees on ATM withdrawals overseas.
No, for me it was the opposite. Every ATM I used in Thailand in 2014 charged a 10 percent withdrawal fee. My bank charges a flat $1 transaction fee for international transactions, not a percentage.

Thanks to Rock. I'll check into it.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Winston, I'll be in Bangkok Nov.14-28. If you can, we should definitely meetup.