How come Thailand vs Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Re: How come Thailand vs Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam?

Post by CannedHam »

Thai women are the "worst of all worlds" in Asia, IMO. You don't get the loyalty/finesse of Japanese women. You don't get the the economic hustle of Chinese women. You don't the English-language skills and cultural/religious compatibility of Filipinas. Thailand is "rich enough" that women will act like entitled gold diggers the second they latch on to a western man, but will bring little in the way of economic benefits to a family. My wife knows a few Thai imported brides here in the US and they are the f***ing worst in terms of spending. Demanding expensive clothes, handbags, dinners at super expensive restaurants, 4-5 first-class trips back to Thailand every year, sending back tons of money to their families in Thailand. None of them work or desire to "get ahead" by going back to school, so they just sit around and shop all day. And to think they were living like f***ing peasants just a few years back...
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

^I hate to jump on a bandwagon but my own experience and observations of Thai women are pretty much in sync with that. I have seen very little that is praiseworthy in the women from that country.

To add to the above, they tend to be remarkably cold when you chat with them online, typically replying in one-word sentences. I realize that English is a difficult language, but come on! Women from other Asian countries, including nearby Vietnam, put in more effort than that.

Then when you actually meet them the "gimme money" campaign begins. It's a frigid day in hell when a Thai woman pulls out her own wallet to pay for food or transportation expenses when you're around.

And they're not the best-looking gals in Asia either! The East Asians all have them beat in that department.

I have to disagree, however, about Japanese women possessing loyalty/finesse. Japanese women, or Japanese people in general really, hold their cards close to their chest, and as such often get credit for things they probably don't deserve credit for. I have seen Japanese women be quite unloyal (both when it worked in my favor and when it didn't). Japanese women have good looks and good fashion, and high IQ -- that's what I like them for.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

flowerthief00 wrote:
August 10th, 2019, 1:44 pm
Thailand being a staging area for the US doesn't explain why everyone from all over the world loves to visit there.
It didn't become a top tourist destination without a number of things going for it -- amazing sight-seeing, amazing food, amazing nightlife -- which has appeal for men and women alike. I think people go to visit as a tourist and have such a good time that they begin to imagine that it might be a fun place to live. I almost fell for it myself.

Now I prefer Vietnam, where the people are nicer, more generous, and more genuine. It has been rare to meet a Thai person who I felt gave an actual damn about foreigners as anything other than a source of coin.
Thailand has been promoted. Probably trillions have been spent promoting it. The Thai Tourist Authority is very efficient. It can make a mountain out of a molehill. But if you want to live there, you'd better be rich and also, it helps if you are of Oriental appearance. That would be ideal. If I were those two, I would probably want to live in Thailand. Not as a non rich white guy. You will be treated with scorn.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Post by CannedHam »

flowerthief00 wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 1:47 pm
I have to disagree, however, about Japanese women possessing loyalty/finesse. Japanese women, or Japanese people in general really, hold their cards close to their chest, and as such often get credit for things they probably don't deserve credit for. I have seen Japanese women be quite unloyal (both when it worked in my favor and when it didn't). Japanese women have good looks and good fashion, and high IQ -- that's what I like them for.
You said it better than me. I guess fashion and manners while outside are probably more accurate.

One of my favorite quotes:

A Japanese woman will be act like a lady outside of the bedroom, but be obnoxious in the bedroom.

A Chinese woman will be obnoxious outside of the bedroom, but act like a lady in the bedroom.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

CannedHam wrote:
August 13th, 2019, 5:05 pm
flowerthief00 wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 1:47 pm
You said it better than me. I guess fashion and manners while outside are probably more accurate.

One of my favorite quotes:

A Japanese woman will be act like a lady outside of the bedroom, but be obnoxious in the bedroom.

A Chinese woman will be obnoxious outside of the bedroom, but act like a lady in the bedroom.
What does it mean to be "obnoxious in the bedroom"? Is that a good or bad thing? How do you act obnoxious during sex? lol

Btw, what about Burma? Shouldn't it be part of the group mentioned in this thread, since it's just north of Thailand?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne