The Three Stooges

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

The Three Stooges

Post by jamesbond »

The Three Stooges were an American vaudeville and comedy team active from 1922 until 1970. In 1934 Moe, Larry, and Curly signed a long-term contract with Columbia Pictures and rechristened themselves the Three Stooges. During the next 24 years the team appeared in nearly 200 short subjects and a handful of feature films for Columbia. They never received a raise in that time from their original annual salary of $60,000 (split three ways), although their contract allowed them to make personal appearances for 13 weeks each year, which proved much more lucrative.

The team made 97 short comedies during the “Curly years” (1934–46). In 1946, Curly was felled by a major stroke that rendered him incapacitated, and he was forced to retire. Shemp joined the Stooges in 1946 and stayed with them until his death in 1955 from a heart attack. After Shemp’s death, he was replaced in the act by Joe Besser, and he stayed with the team through the filming of their final Columbia short in 1958, after which he quit the act to care for his ailing wife.

Moe and Larry seriously considered retirement after Besser’s departure, but, within a year, the Stooges underwent a massive revival in popularity because of television showings of their old films. They added burlesque comic Joe DeRita (nicknamed “Curly Joe”) to the act and starred in several popular feature-length films from 1959 to 1965, the best among them being The Three Stooges Meet Hercules (1962) and Around the World in a Daze (1963). They began their last film, the low-budget comedy travelogue Kook’s Tour, in 1970. During its filming, Larry suffered a stroke; footage from the never-completed film was released years later on home video.

Larry Fine died in 1975 from complications of a stroke. Moe Howard died of lung cancer in 1975 he was a heavy smoker for much of his adult life. Curly Howard died of a stroke in 1952. Shemp Howard died of a heart attack in 1955. Joe Besser died of heart failure in 1988 and Joe DeRita died of pneumonia in 1983.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Three Stooges

Post by jamesbond »

The Three Stooges (1946) "Monkey Businessmen."

The Three Stooges (1947) Brideless Groom.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The Three Stooges, (1956) "Creeps."

The Three Stooges (1936) "Disorder In The Court."

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This guy has recently visited all six graves of the 'three stooges.'

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

This was the last Three Stooges short produced, this came out in 1958.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is Joan Howard Maurer (Moe's daughter) on David Letterman in 1983.

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about three particular posters on the forum who shall remain unnamed. They know who they are...
:lol:
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
March 1st, 2020, 8:41 pm
Oh, I thought this thread was going to be about three particular posters on the forum who shall remain unnamed. They know who they are...
:lol:
Colour me pink. I second that :lol:
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The life and sad ending of Curly Howard of "The Three Stooges."

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Corona Virus PSA by MOE Howard! :lol:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The Three Stooges - So Long Mr. Chumps

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The Three Stooges - Three Little Beers

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The Three Stooges - Back From the Front

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The Three Stooges - The Yoke's on Me

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The Three Stooges - Movie Maniacs

Return to “Movies, TV, Music, Celebrities, Entertainment”