Spirit of the decade

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Spirit of the decade

Post by Cornfed »

Well, it has been an interesting decade and I have started it as I finished it - doing scut work for pennies on the dollar. But a lot more than that has gone on over this decade. Travel, conflict, the death of both parents, a storybook good job for almost three years. We elected the first Internet President. We now know we are a political force. I hope all you good people are doing well, and much love to you all.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

HappyGuy

Re: Spirit of the decade

Post by HappyGuy »

Y2k was 20 years ago! :shock:

When you get older you realize if you're not enjoying something and you don't need to be doing it then cut it out of your life because time is precious. As Joan Rivers said "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is God's gift, that's why we call it the present." It's true "Youth is wasted on the young," because by the time you figure out how things work you're already old! :oops:

The 2020s will be the last decade of personal and internet freedom if we are not careful so perhaps dedicate more time every month to volunteering and organizing for good causes and that sort of thing and not get distracted by cat videos or we will be sorry.

If you spend this upcoming decade in front of a screen like I spent this last decade well you better be sure you won't regret it when you're older because you'll never get that time back! :o Even being poor with time for the outdoors is preferable to losing the best years of your life to work and escapism on the internet.
Last edited by HappyGuy on December 31st, 2019, 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

@Cornfed

:shock: That's true in a way all we are is dust in the wind. I remember when that actor John Cleese took over the role of Q in the Piers Brosnan Bond films because the old Q was retiring in 1999 and in fact passed away that same year not of old age but of a car crash. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Llewelyn#Death
Now that younger actor who replaced him is 80 years old himself! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Cleese

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Cornfed wrote:
December 31st, 2019, 3:43 am
I hope all you good people are doing well, and much love to you all.
Hear hear!

Jack Dawson's speech here kind of reminds me of D-a-n Cil*y :) our resident homeless spammer.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Well, Corny, aren't you the charmer. A happy new year to you too, and to all.

I spent 29 months of the last decade outside the U.S. That percentage needs to go up dramatically.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

The first month is almost over :shock:

Are we still going to be talking about happier abroad in 2025 or 2030?