Dating experts agree, internet dating doesn't work!

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: Dating experts agree, internet dating doesn't work!

Post by Shemp »

MarlonBrando wrote:
July 17th, 2019, 12:31 pm
...When I wasn't paying attention to Dan I'd do some freelance art for random people online, sometimes for pay, sometimes just for "exposure". None of it was really as fun as parodying Dan. Thanks to the encouragement of a few fellow "Cilliacs"...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... gHm3_orWpj
Welcome to the forum MarlonBrando. I can sense both you and Dan belong here and will fit in perfectly with the rest of us.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 12:29 am
MarlonBrando wrote:
...When I wasn't paying attention to Dan I'd do some freelance art for random people online, sometimes for pay, sometimes just for "exposure". None of it was really as fun as parodying Dan. Thanks to the encouragement of a few fellow "Cilliacs"...
Welcome to the forum MarlonBrando. I can sense both you and Dan belong here and will fit in perfectly with the rest of us.
I'm not sure whether this is sarcasm or a derisive comment on the forum, but I would say no these weirdos don't belong here (or indeed perhaps anywhere) and should go away.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Cornfed wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 1:17 am
Shemp wrote:
I'm not sure whether this is sarcasm or a derisive comment on the forum, but I would say no these weirdos don't belong here (or indeed perhaps anywhere) and should go away.
I was not being sarcastic. I was commenting on the forum membership, but I was not trying to be derisive or otherwise offensive. Remember, you were booted off StormFront, I think it was. Any forum which can tolerate the likes of you can certainly tolerate Dan Cilley and his fans.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 2:33 am
Cornfed wrote:
July 18th, 2019, 1:17 am
Shemp wrote:
I was not being sarcastic. I was commenting on the forum membership, but I was not trying to be derisive or otherwise offensive. Remember, you were booted off StormFront, I think it was. Any forum which can tolerate the likes of you can certainly tolerate Dan Cilley and his fans.
I wouldn't be seen dead on Stormfront. I was booted off TheRightStuff forum when it existed and of The Daily Stormer forum twice. I think you are wrong. I add something to the forum that is supported by most members at any given point in time. Cilley etc. are interesting but in the end it is not a case of agreeing of disagreeing with them - they are just weirdos who creep everyone out. Clearly Cilley was hard done by by the system with the sex offender stuff, but in the wider sense he really is an undesirable dickhead you really wouldn't want to have around.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

MarlonBrando wrote:
From Nov/Dec 2016 to around the end of May 2017 I "worked" with Dan and produced 122 pictures based on his rambling vlogs using pencil, pen or paints, depending on the image. 20 of those drawings were the first 20 pages of the comic, that comprises of the first few parts of the "Let's Read" series if I recall correctly.

In May 2017 Dan and I fell out due to his attitude towards his trial, and not long after he was incarcerated for months and branded a sex offender for life. I shifted my focus to making music, writing lyrics and making music videos, every aspect of them designed to parody Dan. I still have all the files associated with these endeavors. After a few months of this I lost interest and didn't pay any attention to Dan until late 2017 or early 2018.

When I wasn't paying attention to Dan I'd do some freelance art for random people online, sometimes for pay, sometimes just for "exposure". None of it was really as fun as parodying Dan. Thanks to the encouragement of a few fellow "Cilliacs" I got back into drawing the comics, starting issue 1 and continuing the music/lyrics/music videos I'd make for Dan.

As for the disjointed structure of issue 1, I can't say I disagree, as I was really just making it up as I went along, that was part of the fun. As the story progresses the plot structure becomes a bit more solid, although that is subjective. I start planning things in advance. I start discussing plot structure with other "Cilliacs" and even taking suggestions, although I retained creative control, did all of the writing and produced all of the art by hand (at least up until issue 4 when I used a digital drawing tablet).

The majority of the voice acting was done by me. I would occasionally get friends and acquaintances to voice some of the other characters. Each page took about 3 days to draw, working on it for hours every single day. I would get these comics printed and design front and back covers and sell them off. I barely broke even. I stopped doing it because it took so damn long and art supplies are expensive. Digital drawing tablet helped a bit but I wasn't happy with the quality of the art.

It stopped being fun and only a small handful of people even knew about the comics as I never tried to promote or advertise it beyond posting it on the DanCilleyArchive YouTube or my facebook. The videos are private, as in only I can see them, but if you're curious I might as well make them public and link them here since I spent so long on them.

Do you yourself have any plans of going abroad? The forum's main focus is on (primarily Western) men going abroad and living their best life in some nice and sunny place. It's what the forum's founder @Winston had in mind when he formed this community. Obviously Dan Cilley is too much of a nutcase at this point and a registered sex offender for life, so his options are greatly diminished. And, quite frankly, it would be a pity for him to spread his mental illness abroad and burden some poor foreign girls with it.

But you seem to be a decent guy, why not give it a try? It's a nice big world out there, and you seem to have already realized making childishly bad, corny comics and videos based on the ramblings of a schizophrenic weirdo is a waste of your precious time, so that's a good thing. I hope you can make good use of your time, maybe have an adventure of two of your own, and join the HappierAbroad community. :D

PS: How old were you, when you drew those comics? I'm legit curious. Was this something young-you did to mess with Dan Cilley? I was under the impression that was the intent. Like the username, btw. Brando was a man who had his own tropical island and a harem of hot little Tahitian girls, so that's a great fit to HA; he was pretty much the original God of HappierAbroad.

On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Jonnyblond
Freshman Poster

Post by Jonnyblond »

I’d hate to be out there these days. Technology is good but What’s with the filters for pics. A little photoshop isn’t bad but Snapchat and facetune can make even the ugliest chick look cute or pretty. I know women have the illusion already that men love them for their personalities but this stuff takes things to a whole level. It’s not just here but it’s spread globally now. I had a friend that was meeting a girl for a date and he had a few drinks before he was going to meet her to shake off the shy stuff but he asked me to drop him off.. She said she’d meet him outside the restaurant at a bench in front. We got closer and closer and I said...Jesus man..good luck with that After seeing what was waiting for him..he said..keep driving in a desperate attempt to get out of there, he then said..I’ll come up with something later but wow...close call. This girl looked nothing like the pictures on her profile. He did talk to her on the phone but seeing her in person killed it. The problem a lot of girls internationally told me that men lied more about their age then anything else which to me isn’t all that bad. But women are convinced that if they add makeup or lose weight then these filters are showing what they would really look like when in fact its not even close. My wife got a friend request from one of my sisters friends on Facebook and she accepted it thinking nothing about it. A few months later we were in a video game store and I said hello to that girl and my wife was shocked after I told her who it was..she said it didn’t even look like her...so yeah..online dating would be crazy theses days.

But does internet dating work..absolutely. I wish I had giving it a try in the past. I honestly thought it was only for losers who were to scared to do cold approaches or just don’t got the stuff when it comes to interacting with women via real time and are scared of rejection. To me it was always just a numbers game. Not everyone is going to think I’m as godly as I think I am and that’s ok..their loss.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

dancilley wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 12:48 am
I am a great person.

I have never tried cigarettes/tobacco in my life.
I have never tried alcohol in my life.
I have never tried weed in my life.
I have never tried any recreational drugs in my life.
I have never taken psychiatric medication in my life.
That last thing dwarfs any redeeming qualities you have and makes them irrelevant.