The forum has been upgraded to phpbb 3.3! Report any issues here.

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: The forum has been upgraded to phpbb 3.3! Report any issues here.

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
April 2nd, 2020, 4:25 pm
Don't forget the 'View New Posts' button.
I know. I will get to that. For now though, to access the "View Your Posts" and "View Active Topics" pages, click the Quick links in the top left corner and you will see them in the navigation links. I didn't like how they were bunched up there before, so I put direct links at the top of the forum instead. It was something I added, not a default feature of phpbb 3.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw if you guys wanna see how tedious and stressful this upgrade to 3.3 was, see these support threads I got help from.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2454401

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2534301

Btw, this might sound like a dumb question, but why are these upgrades and updates necessary? Why can't they just stick with a stable version and live happily ever after with it? Just like, why can't Microsoft stick with a stable Windows version like XP or 7, and live happily ever after with it? Why create trouble for yourself and everyone with all these new updates and upgrades that never end? Don't you wish life could just be like that? Find something that works and live happily ever after with it. In a non-competitive world, that's probably how it would be.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw everyone, the profile side switcher extension doesn't work in this new version. I tried to enable it but it caused errors. So I had to turn it off. This means you will have to just settle with the profiles being on the right side of the thread for now, until I find a way to switch it back to the left side. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, don't you guys hate this baby blue default theme? It's so lame. Looks like the colors from a baby/toddler's toy store. Whoever chose the bright colors for this theme isn't very bright (pun intended). lol. It's hard on the eyes too. Why would anyone choose a bright baby blue color that belongs in a baby/toddler store for a forum default theme? That makes no sense. What were they thinking? lol.

Anyway I'm trying to figure out a way to change the theme back to the dark blue/pearl white theme we had before.

* Prosilver dark blue colorize it code: H62c4894M1h6c|H6f81157M1h5jO|H6fafbf5M1h5tm1vn6f6f4d0 (saved for reference, please ignore)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

The dark theme is available again. Click the Dark Theme link at the top of the forum, which will take you to here:

index.php?style=11

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

"Active topics" link no longer appears on forum home page, though my bookmark for it still works.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 5:02 am
"Active topics" link no longer appears on forum home page, though my bookmark for it still works.
It does, in the default theme. Are you using the light theme or dark theme? If the dark theme, then I haven't added it yet. I just reactivated it. But you will see it in the light theme at the top under the banner.

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Okay, I found it in the menu. Maybe that's where it always was and I forgot.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 5:06 am
Shemp wrote:
April 3rd, 2020, 5:02 am
It does, in the default theme. Are you using the light theme or dark theme? If the dark theme, then I haven't added it yet. I just reactivated it. But you will see it in the light theme at the top under the banner.
Update:

Ok I added the navigation links and stuff to the dark theme. It is back to the way it was before now. See here: index.php?style=11

Try it out. It's much easier on the eyes, especially at night.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Updates:

- Ok well I did what I could with the colors. The colorize tool was limited in what it could do. I couldn't choose any html color code that I wanted. All I could do was slide a bunch of bars left and right to try to get closest to the color scheme I want. The one I got wasn't exactly what I was trying to get, but it's close enough. At least I toned down the bright blue to a more soft blue, and I also changed the white background to pearl white, to make it easier on the eyes. So it looks like this is the closest I can get to the colors I intended. Hope you all like it. If not, you can always try the dark theme or mobile theme at the top link.

- Also I am not able to switch the profiles from right to left again. The mod for that doesn't work on this upgraded forum, and it hasn't been updated by the developer either. So for now, we are stuck with the profiles on the right. It's ok. We will get used to it I guess. lol

* Btw, just a reminder, if you want to change your forum default theme, so that you don't have to click the theme you want at the top every time you come here, you can enable it in your UCP. I set it so that you can choose your preferred theme so that you will see it each time you come here, rather than the default theme.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

For what it's worth, our beautiful lovely site logo is back at the top of the forum. Hope you all worship and bow down to it. Or salute it like your own flag. LOL

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Just to give you a glimpse, this is what the forum may look like in the photo. The developers created this preview for the next version in the future. It looks simpler and caters to mobile devices it seems.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2485796

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Btw, if any of you prefers the profiles to be on the left side of the screen in threads, you can use the dark theme instead of the light theme. The dark theme still keeps the profiles on the left side of the screen by default. So if you strongly prefer seeing the profiles on the left side of the thread, rather than the right side like in the light theme (which I cannot do anything about at the moment), then you can use the dark theme. Just click the link to it at the top under the banner.

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I couldn't login for several months. I guess the update fixed the problem. All modern western software is crap, and phpBB is no exception.