Vegetarians are healthier and live longer than meat eaters?

Discuss health, wellness, fitness, nutrition and food.
Winston
Site Admin

Vegetarians are healthier and live longer than meat eaters?

Post by Winston »

Check this out. Apparently, establishment studies claim that vegetarians on the average live 6 to 9 years longer than meat eaters do, and have less cancer and heart disease too. But it may be because they are more health conscious types, not because they don't eat meat. It's not clear which is the case or why.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/1 ... 61967.html

https://www.health.harvard.edu/staying- ... vegetarian

https://qz.com/91123/vegetarians-live-l ... -eat-meat/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Re: Vegetarians live longer and have less cancer and heart disease than meat eaters

Post by flowerthief00 »

Why wouldn't vegetarians live longer than carnivores? The latter frickin' eats flesh with all the toxins and disgusting stuff that's in it.

All nutrition ultimately comes from plants. Eat those plants directly instead of filtering their nutrients through the sick corpses of your fellow earthlings who you have to enslave/torture/kill in order to extract shit from and of course you will be better off. You will be better off physically, not to mention you will straight up be a better person. Why all this isn't common sense to everyone I'll never understand.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Vegetarians are healthier and live longer than meat eaters?

Post by Winston »

Oxford study shows that vegetarians are healthier and have less heart problems than meat eaters.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article/9 ... 3bf07f1565

Why and how to be vegetarian

http://www.langeasy.com/veg/en/veg.html
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

British study links vegetarianism to higher IQ.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6180753.stm

flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I did NOT know about the link to higher IQ!
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Smarter people tend to be more health conscious and future oriented, as well as tending to make more money. Vegetarian diets are undoubtedly healthier, but meat in moderation would very likely lead to the best mix of longevity and quality of life. Would you rather live to 100 eating cardboard or feast and die at 75? I value quality over quantity myself.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

HouseMD wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 9:27 am
Smarter people tend to be more health conscious and future oriented, as well as tending to make more money. Vegetarian diets are undoubtedly healthier, but meat in moderation would very likely lead to the best mix of longevity and quality of life. Would you rather live to 100 eating cardboard or feast and die at 75? I value quality over quantity myself.
I also value quality over quantity and I'm vegan. If you are suggesting that plant-based food is lacking in quality somehow I must disagree.

Besides that, from an environmental or ethical angle, "meat in moderation" isn't cutting it when it's taking 1.5 to 2 earths to sustain our "moderation".
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Besides the health benefits and the ethics of cruelty free eating and factory farming, mentioned above, there are deeper reasons to be vegetarian or vegan too.

You see, when you eat meat it lowers your spiritual level and consciousness level too, as well as your creativity and connection to the divine and cosmos. Artists and writers know this, thats why they do their best work when they stop eating meat.

I too noticed that when i ate meat i had no thoughts or ideas to put down on paper. I was almost like a typical Asian in that sense, i couldnt think or formulate my own ideas, theories or even opinions. I was like an animal, instinct driven. Im addition i had less peace of mind and was not able to detach or let go of anything. Especially negative emotions and thoughts.

It was only after becoming vegetarian that i could think deeply and clearly and write well and express myself well. As if the doors of creativity were opened from higher dimensions or levels of consciousness. I also had more peace of mind as well and ability to control my mind better.

In addition, not eating meat gives you better karma too. You get bonus protection from the universe and higher forces for your cruelty free living, which meat eaters do not get. Less violence befalls you too. Animals also like you more when you're a vegetarian, as they can sense those who dont eat them.

Chinese Buddhists also claim that being vegetarian will reduce you having unusual and unexplainable physical pains too, which in my experience seems to be true. There are Chinese cartoons on YouTube made by Pureland Buddhists that teach this karmic lesson about eating meat too. They seem to imply that the spirits of the dead animals you eat will haunt you and give you nightmares and physical ailments and illnesses and afflictions too. Scary stuff.

Anyone who sees documentaries like "Diet for a New America" and "Earthlings" will become vegetarian and stop eating meat. I dare you all to see them.

However, being a vegetarian or vegan is not for everyone. It takes a certain type of consciousness or mental switch. I think you gotta be more connected to nature or the universe deep down inside your soul, in order to make the switch. The average instinct-driven lower consciousness person cannot do it yet. It takes a certain frequency of consciousness or vibration to be attuned to veganism or vegetarianism.

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

flowerthief00 wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 12:23 pm
HouseMD wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 9:27 am
I also value quality over quantity and I'm vegan. If you are suggesting that plant-based food is lacking in quality somehow I must disagree.

Besides that, from an environmental or ethical angle, "meat in moderation" isn't cutting it when it's taking 1.5 to 2 earths to sustain our "moderation".
I prefer meat based dishes, and my personal preferences mean that my particular quality of life would be reduced. As to these sustainability arguments, they're generally being made by elites as justification for why they want to make certain changes to the world, so I view them with a high degree of skepticism.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Here, as so often, Ed Dutton gives the good word:

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ed Dutton is such a hateful dweeb. So all vegans/vegetarians are neurotic, mentally unstable and mentally ill? And he picks the most extreme examples to paint all of them with a broad brush? He never even uses the word "spiritual" once. What about people who become vegetarians for spiritual or ethical reasons? They don't exist because Dutton doesn't want them to? That's a huge narrow logic fallacy. He is probably a Richard Dawkins/CSICOP loving, card carrying Atheist who doesn't know anything and doesn't consider anything outside of his little box. What about all my reasons listed above? He never mentions them. What a friggin idiot. Low IQ guy.

Why doesn't Ed even take into account all the people who have been helped by vegetarianism? Because he's stupid?! What about spiritual people like Gandhi? They aren't doing it out a fad or to gain an edge. They are merely following their beliefs. Why are men like Ed and his zombie followers here too stupid to not understand something so simple? Are they retarded and low IQ?

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I cut my meat way down, from my reading a good meat source is hard to beat for health in some ways... 75 or 80 percent plant and 25 meat.
Time to Hide!
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Ed Dutton spent the whole video talking about (in his view) who vegans are, not what vegans say. In other words, the entire thing is an ad hominem which can and should be dismissed.
HouseMD wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 2:54 am
I prefer meat based dishes, and my personal preferences mean that my particular quality of life would be reduced. As to these sustainability arguments, they're generally being made by elites as justification for why they want to make certain changes to the world, so I view them with a high degree of skepticism.
All right, but if personal preference is all that matters for quality of life with no other considerations, we can't deny that a cannibal with a preference for human flesh should achieve the best quality of life for himself by eating humans.

Certainly there are those who will use the facts about sustainability as a lever to gain power for themselves, but that doesn't mean the facts aren't real.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting Indian article on meat's effect on spiritual awareness.

https://www.dadabhagwan.org/path-to-hap ... awareness/

DOES EATING MEAT AFFECT ONE'S SPIRITUAL AWARENESS?

Questioner: So is it certain that food does have an effect on the mind?

Dadashri: Everything is the effect of food. Eaten food turns into "brandy" (that which produces a deleterious effect on a person's awareness) in the body. These effects are directly linked with spiritual awareness. Heavy or excessive food decreases spiritual and mental awareness. Even pure vegetarian food has this effect but to a lesser degree. Rich and sweet foods are not considered good foods because they increase these harmful effects. But people turn these principles around for their own convenience.

Questioner: Does eating meat affect one's spiritual thinking?

Dadashri: Of course! Non-vegetarian food is sthool (gross, heavy, coarse), and does not allow the development of one's spiritual intellect. If you want to progress in spiritually you must eat vegetarian food, which is light and does not create intoxication. It also helps in increasing awareness. In general people have no awareness whatsoever!

Foreign scientists cannot understand what I am saying and it is difficult for them to believe it, although they do say that it merits consideration. I tell them that it will take a long time for them to understand it, because they have consumed so many chickens and other meats. Eating meat creates a dense covering over the Soul. For one to understand this Gnan (knowledge), a pure vegetarian diet is required, because the coverings from the vegetarian diet are comparatively thin, so one is able to maintain a higher awareness.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

El_Caudillo recently improved his health and mind by becoming a vegetarian/pescatarian. See his update below:
As for the food in Cambodia (I'm answering your whatsapp message) looks good and cheap - I went to Vietnam in 2002 and the food was so cheap and good but not the variety I see in your photos. Over the summer (southern hemisphere) I was in Argentina - food is cheap there too, at restaurants, not so much in the supermarket. BTW in the lockdown I have gone pescatarian/vegetarian, I haven't eaten red meat in 2 months, chicken in 6 weeks, I've just been eating a little bit of fish. I don't eat dairy products. I actually feel great, more energy - I might find it hard to give up fish though

Best,

F