What’s the truth about heaven and hell?

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: What’s the truth about heaven and hell?

Post by Winston »

If not being saved sends you to hell no matter how good you are, then why doesn't everyone just do this:

Spend 5 minutes saying the Sinner's Prayer, where you invite Jesus to come into your heart and become your Lord and Savior, aka "accepting Christ". It only takes 5 minutes.

Then according to Christian Evangelists, like Billy Graham, Lee Strobel and Josh McDowell, you will be given a guaranteed ticket to heaven and eternal life in paradise, that you cannot lose, that no one can take away. It's a free gift and immortality in paradise, with nothing to lose, except to utter a 5 minute prayer. That's the Evangelical Gospel. Very simple. So why doesn't everyone do that just in case Christianity and Neo are right? All it takes is 5 minutes and if they are right, you get immortality in paradise with God and no suffering. Very simple isn't it? lol

Btw, like getting tattoos, who's to say that immortality is not something you will regret? Lots of science fiction movies show people who attained immortality regretting it and wishing for death instead. Wouldn't that happen at some point if you were immortal? Just like getting tattoos, at some point you may come to regret them right? So is it a wise thing or not?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
October 12th, 2020, 10:39 pm
If not being saved sends you to hell no matter how good you are, then why doesn't everyone just do this:

Spend 5 minutes saying the Sinner's Prayer, where you invite Jesus to come into your heart and become your Lord and Savior, aka "accepting Christ". It only takes 5 minutes.

Then according to Christian Evangelists, like Billy Graham, Lee Strobel and Josh McDowell, you will be given a guaranteed ticket to heaven and eternal life in paradise, that you cannot lose, that no one can take away. It's a free gift and immortality in paradise, with nothing to lose, except to utter a 5 minute prayer. That's the Evangelical Gospel. Very simple. So why doesn't everyone do that just in case Christianity and Neo are right? All it takes is 5 minutes and if they are right, you get immortality in paradise with God and no suffering. Very simple isn't it? lol

Btw, like getting tattoos, who's to say that immortality is not something you will regret? Lots of science fiction movies show people who attained immortality regretting it and wishing for death instead. Wouldn't that happen at some point if you were immortal? Just like getting tattoos, at some point you may come to regret them right? So is it a wise thing or not?
There is no prayer that can save a person. It's faith in Jesus as the Son of God that saves a person. However, what many people also forget is that it is mutual acceptance. God must be willing to accept that person for that person to be able to accept Him. If God doesn't want that person then they will not be able to accept Him.

As I've stated in posts above, for the wicked people that God considers to be abominable to the point where He no longer wants them and hates them, those people are given over to a reprobate mind, which means their mind will be blinded to salvation, and they will be unable to believe.

So there are many people who are way too wicked to be saved and have gone way, way too far to be eligible for it.

Sure it is a free gift by faith in Christ, but it is not available to the reprobate. Read 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12 and Romans 1:28-32. Also Romans 2:6-10.

Many people also don't want to accept Christ, and it is stated that is because their deeds are evil. Read John 3:19-21.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Winston wrote:
October 12th, 2020, 10:39 pm
There are only two choices: Eternal Life or Eternal Destruction (also called condemnation, punishment, torment, death).

God has only revealed a small portion of all this to us, but we do know that as far as eternal life, there will be no suffering, no toil, no hunger, no thirst, and life will be filled with joy and abundance of good things. As for those who go into eternal punishment, there will be eternal darkness, thirst, hunger, pain, loneliness, suffering, worms and maggots, and possibly eaten by foxes and other animals, and much more.

This life is basically a trial period, and that is according to their works.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

There's neither Heaven nor Hell. The first is made up to trick people into thinking there is a reward for doing good, the second to make them think there's a penalty for not doing good. Both are, at their core, childish beliefs. We want it to be true, we want it to exist. Same with reincarnation and all of it. Is there "more" between Heaven and Earth? Maybe. Maybe some spiritual or supernatural stuff is 'real'. But if the Biblical interpretation of Heaven & Hell was truthful, and 'original', a message from God himself... why did various other cultures around the world hold the same or very similar beliefs? Simple answer: because Christianity is the Basic Becky of belief systems.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Simple answer is, from Adam to Noah all people shared one culture. Then after The Flood and after the Tower of Babel, the people became scattered into different nations and languages, but still they had the same origin.

Also, God is the author and giver of wisdom. He gives wisdom to whomever He wants, and various people in different places have had it.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Neo wrote:
October 13th, 2020, 11:38 am
Simple answer is, from Adam to Noah all people shared one culture. Then after The Flood and after the Tower of Babel, the people became scattered into different nations and languages, but still they had the same origin.

Also, God is the author and giver of wisdom. He gives wisdom to whomever He wants, and various people in different places have had it.
Sure enough people had that wisdom in different places, but the thing is... this was well before the days of Noah and the great flood. Furthermore, the great flood never covered the entire earth; it covered an area roughly the size of modern Iraq at most. Which is already huge but hardly the entire earth. People developed these stories and theories completely independent from one another. And sure enough, they all belonged to vastly different cultures, some of which never interacted.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Each man must decide for himself, whether he wants to trust in modern science, history and archaeology; or whether he wants to trust in the Word of God.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Religion for Breakfast channel video on how the concept of hell evolved over time and was not a fixed concept.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great Kemetic video about the Catholic Church invented the concept of hell to torment people. And why the Christian concept of hell is 100 percent impossible, illogical, and unjustified.

"As Christians, we have the idea of hell drilled into us. The bible is taught to us as containing all truths about Christianity and the world. Where is hell according to the bible? It will be of benefit to find out the difference between the traditions we are taught, the theories or doctrines made up, and the difference between the original Kemetic teachings about hell. Know thyself to free thyself."

Why the doctrine of original sin in the Bible is UNTRUE.

"Are you really a born sinner? Can a baby really be a sinner at birth having never done anything in their life? It is logical? The idea that became a part of Christianity was a misapplication of ancient Kemetic science. I explain to you what it really meant before Christianity twisted it into something anti-human."

TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Post by TruthSeeker »

Jesus spoke quite a lot about hell. I have to assume it exists.

If you listen to Coast to Coast AM, they have a lot of guests on there that say it doesn't exist. One of the hosts, Ian Punnett denies the existence of hell.

If you go on YouTube you will find many videos where people claim to have gone to hell and back.

As for me, I do not wish to go there. That is why I believe on Jesus Christ. John 3:16
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Funny witty Indian guru talks about heaven and hell.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

For those of you who believe in heaven: What do you expect to do there? Sit on a cloud and sing praises to God for all eternity? Wouldn't that be boring? After a while, you'd wanna go to the other place or kill yourself right? Can you endure that for all eternity and millions of years? Mark Twain or someone said something funny and true, that people imagine heaven to be a place where they will sit on the grass and play a harp and sing praises to God, but in their normal everyday life no one would even spend 5 minutes doing that. lol. So true isn't it?

Also, Hindu, Buddhist and New Age teachings say that even if you get to heaven and live in paradise, it's not forever. Eventually your karma runs out and you have to be reborn again into the next world, as a bacteria and work your way up again, through the mineral-plant-animal-human-gods cycle all over again when the reset occurs. So even heaven or nirvana is temporary.

That might sound like it sucks, but if you think about it, having immortality forever becomes a curse after a while. That's why your memory has to be erased so you start over from scratch again and forget that you were immortal before. Otherwise you'd go crazy and year for suicide, like in that movie "Zardoz" starring Sean Connery, where the immortals regretted becoming immortal and yearned for death. So the grass is always greener on the other side, if you are mortal, you yearn for immortality, but if you are immortal, you crave for mortality again. That's the big cosmic joke.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

I believe the afterlife exists in the quantum world. There is a great deal of research being done on that subject now.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Buddhist view of hell. Very different from Christianity's view of it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Interesting video explaining why Jesus INVENTED hell and LIED about it. Very shocking but makes sense and would explain a lot.