Should I convert to Hinduism? It's so wise, resonating, eclectic, and makes sense!

Discuss religion and spirituality topics.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should I convert to Hinduism? Wow it's so beautiful, resonating, wise, eclectic, and makes sense!

Post by Winston »

MrPeabody wrote:
August 14th, 2021, 10:06 am
I recently went to the Hare Krishna’s free meditation event. It was two hours and at the end they gave us plates with Vegan food. The food was good, but they weren’t very interested in talking with me. There were good looking women there, who were getting plenty of attention from them. It seems that they are interested in recruiting young people and if you are older they aren’t interested. I’m not sure if mainstream Hindus recognize Hare Krishna as Hinduism.
That sucks. Didn't anyone talk to you at all? Do you look friendly and approachable? I went to the Las Vegas Hare Krishna meetings a few times. They advertised through Meetup.com. The people there talked to me and we had hours of discussion at night after dinner and after the dances. They don't just talk to good looking girls. If you look friendly and warm they usually talk to you. Maybe you went to a bad bunch. Hare Krishnas are usually very inclusive. At least the guys there should talk to you.

I don't know if they tried to recruit me or not. But they talked to me. They knew I was just visiting anyway, and not a long term resident. Yet they still talked to me after the dinners and dancing/singing events.

Yes Hindus recognize every religion as being valid and a different emanation or face of God. See the videos above. They are inclusive and open and eclectic. A perfect fit if you are eclectic or freespirited. Many New Agers are attracted to it too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should I convert to Hinduism? Wow it's so beautiful, resonating, wise, eclectic, and makes sense!

Post by Winston »

MrMan wrote:
August 14th, 2021, 12:51 pm
MrPeabody wrote:
I recently went to the Hare Krishna’s free meditation event. It was two hours and at the end they gave us plates with Vegan food. The food was good, but they weren’t very interested in talking with me. There were good looking women there, who were getting plenty of attention from them. It seems that they are interested in recruiting young people and if you are older they aren’t interested. I’m not sure if mainstream Hindus recognize Hare Krishna as Hinduism.
A guy I used to know--I mean I haven't seen him in years-- was a Hari Krishna before he became a Christian. He said he went to the Hari Krishna temple and one time he saw this face appearing on the ceiling. He could sense how evil it was. He realized based on what he was being taught, it was supposed to be god, but it was a demon. He eventually left the Hari Krishna group.
Let me guess. This guy was already leaning toward Christianity and looking for a reason to become Christian right? So his subconscious mind let him see what he wanted to see.

I know a guy in Washington who saw Bigfoot firsthand in the Florida Everglades. It caused him to deconvert from Christianity and look for truth in the ancient aliens theory of Zecharia Sitchin. He did some interviews about it. Search "Jason Bigfoot" on YouTube to find them. When pressed, he later admitted that he was already falling away from Christianity, so this Bigfoot encounter was the catalyst, or the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak.

The lesson is: People believe what they want to believe in accordance with their path and soul. And their subconscious mind or higher self will give them signs and synchronicities to help propel them toward their destined path or religion. That seems to be the case.

The problem with you Christians is that you assume that everyone is supposed to be Christian because it's the only "true path". But in reality that just isn't so. That's why so many fall away. If only Jesus can save and fill your emptiness, then how come many Christians turn away when they realize that Christianity does not fulfill them or satisfy them? This is something that evangelical Christians can never resolve, because their beliefs conflict with reality. It's obvious, but their minds are hijacked so they can't see the obvious.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Winston wrote:
August 18th, 2021, 11:02 pm
MrPeabody wrote:
That sucks. Didn't anyone talk to you at all? Do you look friendly and approachable? I went to the Las Vegas Hare Krishna meetings a few times. They advertised through Meetup.com. The people there talked to me and we had hours of discussion at night after dinner and after the dances. They don't just talk to good looking girls. If you look friendly and warm they usually talk to you. Maybe you went to a bad bunch. Hare Krishnas are usually very inclusive. At least the guys there should talk to you.

I don't know if they tried to recruit me or not. But they talked to me. They knew I was just visiting anyway, and not a long term resident. Yet they still talked to me after the dinners and dancing/singing events.

Yes Hindus recognize every religion as being valid and a different emanation or face of God. See the videos above. They are inclusive and open and eclectic. A perfect fit if you are eclectic or freespirited. Many New Agers are attracted to it too.
Yes, I was friendly. But, after reading your post, maybe I should try a different group.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
August 19th, 2021, 1:11 am
MrMan wrote:
August 14th, 2021, 12:51 pm
MrPeabody wrote:
A guy I used to know--I mean I haven't seen him in years-- was a Hari Krishna before he became a Christian. He said he went to the Hari Krishna temple and one time he saw this face appearing on the ceiling. He could sense how evil it was. He realized based on what he was being taught, it was supposed to be god, but it was a demon. He eventually left the Hari Krishna group.
Let me guess. This guy was already leaning toward Christianity and looking for a reason to become Christian right? So his subconscious mind let him see what he wanted to see.
Well, I am not that guy, and he did not tell me any of these things you say.

If you write off spiritual experiences as the subconscious mind, do you treat your own ideas and inclinations the same way?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
August 18th, 2021, 10:56 pm
I told you earlier, the caste system has been corrupted from its original form. All major religions are corrupted in some way, more or less, including Christianity of course. We all know that. Many changes to Christianity have been made over the last 2000 years. I'm sure you don't approve of all of them either. Does that mean Christianity is bad or wrong? This is true of everything. Not just Hinduism.
Hinduism is different. How can you say what true and pure original Hinduism is? Hinduism is all those expressions of paganism in India, most of them at least. Christianity has writings in the Bible, the original teachings of the apostles, Jesus, the prophets, to point to.
Did you see the video above about the Caste system and how it got corrupted? It made sense in its original form and was logical. Here it is again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7q_LtZUJZw
19 minutes. No I didn't. You post hundreds of hours worth of videos.
Sorry but ask any Hindu or Indian spiritual teacher in India today and they will tell you that Hinduism in India is very tolerant today and allows anyone, even an Atheist, to be a Hindu.
'Faith' is not that important of a part of many religions. Ancient Romans were like that. If you believed in their gods or not was not as important to them. It would not make much sense for a western atheist to want to be a Hindu, but if someone were from Indian culture and wanted to fit into caste and society, it might make sense to them.
See the video lecture above called "33 Million Gods of Hinduism". It is very eclectic and fits New Agers and freespirits. Definitely, Christianity is not suited for freespirits. You admit that don't you?
You'd have to define 'freespirits'. If you define it as New Agers and Hindus, then 'no.' Does it mean someone who has long hair, wears hippie clothes, sounds like they are on pot when they are talking, even when they are not? Does it mean someone who doesn't know what they want in life, can't settle on one job, on one person to marry or whether to marry or not marry or who to have a relationship with? For me personally, I don't see the appeal of the label as a form of identity.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Should I convert to Hinduism? It's so wise, resonating, eclectic, and makes sense!

Post by Winston »

Wow is chanting AUM during meditation this powerful? Dang.

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

MrPeabody wrote:
Around the time I was in college I had a friend from church who used to be in the Hare Krishna religion. He had gone to their temple, and he looked up and saw this face that appeared in the ceiling. This was something he was supposed to be seeking for as a part of that religion, some kind of supernatural experience. But he could just feel with was so evil and demonic, he left the cult and put his faith in Christ.