Bacolod, Negros, PH. The Ilonggo Country

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Bacolod, Negros, PH. The Ilonggo Country

Post by ladislav »

I was in Bacolod some days ago to check out the local scene. Got a very cheap ticket so decided to just swing by and see how it is. The city itself is kind of typical Filipino with SM Ayala and other malls, a Spanish plaza, the works.
Not as prosperous as Cebu, Angeles or Manila.
The people and the ladies here appear to be way more Oriental looking and behaving. I get a feeling that I am in VN. They all look to be very quiet and polite. No one looks at you or waves at you. Way more reserved.
The taxi drivers use the meter. The traffic is not as bad, no chokes. It may get somewhat heavy but no jams.
Trikes are not as prominent here and no swarms of them near malls. Mostly taxis.
I checked out the girls in the malls, and while they do not look as exotic as Cebuanas, if you would like to meet Filipinas that look more SE Asian in body and face, this is the place.
Also, I see quite a few white guys, mostly middle aged walking around. Not many Koreans. Saw more white guys than those.
Apparently, Bacolod is a lot cheaper than Manila or Cebu, too and is a newish retirement heaven.

Woke up in the afternoon and headed for the red light district. It is called Goldenfields . Cost me 135 pesos from the center. Drivers here dont overcharge.
Some 7-8 nightclubs in a plaza like arrangement. Went to some 4.
The verdict: pretty good!
I was given a royal welcome as there are very few "poreners" there. I only saw one and one shy Korean in the corner. The staff were hugging me and treating me like a guest of honor. Put me at the front. A very friendly place!
These are pole dancing bars, girls go on stage one by one.
The people on Negros belong to the ilonggo ethnic group. Very Oriental looking. In most bars, the girls are slim, early 20s with straight black hair. Gorgeous bodies! Way better looking than the outdated AC ladies. Heaven and earth. Zero attitude.
Very happy to sit with you. Beer P 80. Ladies' drinks are P300-350. Expensive but no need to rush.
Overall, some of these provincial capitals are pretty good places.
When in Bacolod go to Goldenfields

Provincial towns such as Bacolod may be "meh" and boring, but you have virtually no competition here. The taxi drivers use meters, the people are not jaded and the ladies are unspoiled by "poreners".
There is no army of wild Koreans throwing money around and taking "your women".
You are someone here, the locals actually want to know you. You are a big fish in a small pond.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Bacolod, Negros, PH. The Ilonggo Country

Post by publicduende »

I have never been to Bacolod, although my wife C's father hails from that area and inherited some lands around the city.

She (and other people) told me Bacolod it's one of the most uneventful places in the Philippines. Its only claim to fame is that it's the birthplace of "chicken inasal", a type of marinated chicken that has become famous over the country, courtesy of franchises like Mang Inasal. I did visit Iloilo, a city just across the strait, much more progressive and with a much richer history.

The girls in Iloilo were really nothing special: morena, short and mostly on the chubby side. I hope the girls in Bacolod were at least a bit better...
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

I met J. Lo's Filipina twin in SM Mall Iloilo City and she tried to deny me the cooch on the first time she came over to my place.
I was massaging her body while she was fully-clothed, and she smacked my hands away. Not even ten seconds later, I resumed massaging her and she gave in. I wish I didn't lose me taking pics of her while she was sleeping nakedly missionary position. Man, she had some nalgona/culonas on her with such a svelte waist ratio! Nice hamcakes, guys!
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 18th, 2022, 4:10 am
I met J. Lo's Filipina twin in SM Mall Iloilo City and she tried to deny me the cooch on the first time she came over to my place.
I was massaging her body while she was fully-clothed, and she smacked my hands away. Not even ten seconds later, I resumed massaging her and she gave in. I wish I didn't lose me taking pics of her while she was sleeping nakedly missionary position. Man, she had some nalgona/culonas on her with such a svelte waist ratio! Nice hamcakes, guys!
You must have stumbled upon one of the few good-looking morenas. The ones I saw while C and I were roaming the various malls and points of interest were, really, nothing to write home about. Sort of like in Davao, but without the pretty ones who can be found in Davao.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

ladislav wrote:
September 17th, 2022, 4:20 am
Provincial towns such as Bacolod may be "meh" and boring, but you have virtually no competition here. The taxi drivers use meters, the people are not jaded and the ladies are unspoiled by "poreners".
There is no army of wild Koreans throwing money around and taking "your women".
You are someone here, the locals actually want to know you. You are a big fish in a small pond.
It is a long time ago, when I visited Bacolod, coming from Cebu and continued to Iloilo.

What I read, I can only say, nothing changed...

Bacolod is not a bad place if you look for undisturbed nightlife - away from other foreigners with nice local girls around you.

However it is getting indeed boring during daytime, nothing really to do...

I continued a few days later to Iloilo City, and also to Guimaras Island, just more activity over there....just s short trip by ferry.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

publicduende wrote:
September 18th, 2022, 4:36 am
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
September 18th, 2022, 4:10 am
You must have stumbled upon one of the few good-looking morenas. The ones I saw while C and I were roaming the various malls and points of interest were, really, nothing to write home about. Sort of like in Davao, but without the pretty ones who can be found in Davao.
At the time I went to the Philippines, the Visayas is where it was at. Davao City is kind of "weird"....CGO was a better city imho.