Dating scene in Colombia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Re:

Post by kangarunner »

OTB wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 1:11 pm
AGREED!!! Go for yourself and have your own experiences. I'm in Colombia right now and this is my fourth time here. It's SAFE! Use common sense and you'll be fine.
I want to echo what he says here and say that I went to Colombia in 2016 and the Colombian people are very friendly, laid back, and hospitable people for the most part. They're good people. Definitely don't want to bring a loud American attitude to this country, it won't be accepted very well. But overall it is safe as long as you stay safe and smart. As far as the transportation, I don't know if they have Grab, Uber, or other there now in 2022, but we used the yellow taxis. Those taxi drivers will take advantage of you if you let them so be careful.

Also, there are highly sophisticated scams so always be aware and smart. Don't end up like this guy: https://www.vice.com/en/article/z34k7e/ ... ath-tinder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 1:56 pm
OTB wrote:
AGREED!!! Go for yourself and have your own experiences. I'm in Colombia right now and this is my fourth time here. It's SAFE! Use common sense and you'll be fine.
I want to echo what he says here and say that I went to Colombia in 2016 and the Colombian people are very friendly, laid back, and hospitable people for the most part. They're good people. Definitely don't want to bring a loud American attitude to this country, it won't be accepted very well. But overall it is safe as long as you stay safe and smart. As far as the transportation, I don't know if they have Grab, Uber, or other there now in 2022, but we used the yellow taxis. Those taxi drivers will take advantage of you if you let them so be careful.

Also, there are highly sophisticated scams so always be aware and smart. Don't end up like this guy: https://www.vice.com/en/article/z34k7e/ ... ath-tinder
Hey kangarunner!

What cities did you go to?

How were the ladies?

I've wanted to go to Colombia for some time. It is one of the places which I consider for permanent relocation. I'm interested in the highlands because once you get to an elevation of about 1,500 meters you get the perfect climate of eternal spring. Medellín is a city that I'd like to visit. Bogotá is probably too cold for me and the gloomy scenery at that kind of elevation strikes me as too "apocalyptic". I might research some smaller and lesser-known cities in the highlands that are situated at a similar elevation to Medellín. The tropical coastal regions and cities at lower elevation are probably too hot for me, but I do have some interest in Cali precisely for the hot mulatas with big booties which that city provides so abundantly (the bootylicious mulatas from Cali really are absolutely gorgeous :P ).

You're right about Colombian people being laid back and friendly. I've met a lot of them in Spain and many of them were excellent. You're also right that the loud American attitude should be left behind in America. It really doesn't fly in Latin American countries. Proceed with humility and people will treat you well. That's why I've always had very positive experiences with Latin Americans.

I've heard that the major cities like Medellín have an excellent public transport system. Is that true?

I'm pleased that you had a great experience in Colombia. I hope to go there too some day in the not-too-distant future.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

kangarunner wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 1:56 pm
OTB wrote:

They have Cabify! Just like Uber. Easy to get around.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

OTB wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 4:45 pm
They have Cabify! Just like Uber. Easy to get around.
Appreciate this. This is what makes the HA forum valuable we have experienced people on here who can provide the insider knowledge from people who have been there and done that.

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 3:01 pm
Medellin
Lucas88 wrote:
How were the ladies?
For South America, they're hot and they love to dance.
Lucas88 wrote:
I've wanted to go to Colombia for some time. It is one of the places which I consider for permanent relocation.
The weather is great and the general vibe there is fairly peaceful and happy.
Lucas88 wrote:
You're right about Colombian people being laid back and friendly. I've met a lot of them in Spain and many of them were excellent. You're also right that the loud American attitude should be left behind in America. It really doesn't fly in Latin American countries. Proceed with humility and people will treat you well. That's why I've always had very positive experiences with Latin Americans.
Colombia was my first country abroad and I definitely acted like an idiot many times when I was there. No longer so. My best advice on Colombia is to be respectful, be smart, aware, and safe. And have close contacts there you can call in an emergency.
Lucas88 wrote:
I've heard that the major cities like Medellín have an excellent public transport system. Is that true?
I think so, but I only used taxis.

If you're wanting to ask an expert, definitely check out Life with David on Youtube. He's been there for 5 years. https://www.youtube.com/@LifewithDavid

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 6:04 pm
Lucas88 wrote:
Medellin
Lucas88 wrote:
How were the ladies?
For South America, they're hot and they love to dance.
Lucas88 wrote:
I've wanted to go to Colombia for some time. It is one of the places which I consider for permanent relocation.
The weather is great and the general vibe there is fairly peaceful and happy.
Lucas88 wrote:
Colombia was my first country abroad and I definitely acted like an idiot many times when I was there. No longer so. My best advice on Colombia is to be respectful, be smart, aware, and safe. And have close contacts there you can call in an emergency.
Lucas88 wrote:
I think so, but I only used taxis.

If you're wanting to ask an expert, definitely check out Life with David on Youtube. He's been there for 5 years. https://www.youtube.com/@LifewithDavid
Thanks for your reply!

Just out of curiosity, how did Colombia compare to Mexico? Did you notice any significant cultural differences or a different vibe?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 7:27 pm
Just out of curiosity, how did Colombia compare to Mexico? Did you notice any significant cultural differences or a different vibe?
I've never been to Mexico. But I remember our Colombian amiga told us that when she went to Mexico she said the men in Mexico are less macho than the men in Colombia.

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 9:57 pm
I've never been to Mexico. But I remember our Colombian amiga told us that when she went to Mexico she said the men in Mexico are less macho than the men in Colombia.
Oh okay. For some reason I was under the impression that you had been to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. I guess I was mistaken.

I've only been to the north of Mexico - namely Monterrey in Nuevo León - and the men there are macho because it's cowboy country. The men are rough. The women are tough too. Everybody listens to ranchero music. Some of those women in their jeans and cowgirl boots are smoking hot.

I don't know how macho the men are in other parts of Mexico. My ex-girlfriend from Querétaro told me that northerners are the roughest and toughest.

But your friend tells you that Colombian men are more macho. I wonder what the reason for that will be. Interesting information.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 24th, 2022, 10:53 pm
Oh okay. For some reason I was under the impression that you had been to Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta. I guess I was mistaken.

I've only been to the north of Mexico - namely Monterrey in Nuevo León - and the men there are macho because it's cowboy country. The men are rough. The women are tough too. Everybody listens to ranchero music. Some of those women in their jeans and cowgirl boots are smoking hot.

I don't know how macho the men are in other parts of Mexico. My ex-girlfriend from Querétaro told me that northerners are the roughest and toughest.

But your friend tells you that Colombian men are more macho. I wonder what the reason for that will be. Interesting information.
I may have said I was planning to go to Mexico.......Yes, absolutely Mexican men are tough. Just like at how tough Mexican boxers are. Back to what I said, it didn't have anything to do with strength or toughness, it had to do with her preference in men. We were hanging out with a "mujer de Colombia" or "paisa" who was born and raised in Medellin. Anyway, we asked her which men she preferred. Colombian men or Mexican men. She said Mexican men because they have less overbearing machismo towards their women.