Cape Coral, Florida is one of the most anti-social and discriminating cities I have been to.

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
Mercury
Junior Poster

Cape Coral, Florida is one of the most anti-social and discriminating cities I have been to.

Post by Mercury »

Another sign that southern hospitality is a thing of the past, I recently visited Southwest Florida and took a trip to Cape Coral. I'm not sure that I've ever encountered a more man-hating, feminist sewer than Cape Coral. Then I read on a Patch website that there are over a dozen different bars and restaurants in Cape Coral that discriminate against people in wheelchairs and with special needs, as well as single and unaccompanied men. Cape Coral's entire nightlife scene is based on country and line dancing, there is absolutely no old-school social dancing at all whatsoever anywhere in Cape Coral. It's also been mentioned that the atmosphere has been tremendously worsened by Donald Trump losing the 2020 election and that discrimination against wheelchairs and special needs people at Cape Coral restaurants and bars has skyrocketed and spread enormously since Trump's defeat in 2020. I could feel the fury and rage in the atmosphere of the city because Trump lost. And Cape Coral is visibly very strongly Republican and heavily supports the Republican party, especially Trump. There were rumors that a number of Cape Coral residents were likely involved in the January 2021 Capitol riot. Nobody in Cape Coral was helping any neighbors clean up after Hurricane Ian.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Re: Cape Coral, Florida is one of the most anti-social and discriminating cities I have been to.

Post by Outcast9428 »

Florida is not the south. If you want to see the south go to the Carolinas or Alabama.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Re: Cape Coral, Florida is one of the most anti-social and discriminating cities I have been to.

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Florida is a mental asylum staffed by the insane. Stay away!
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 22nd, 2023, 7:22 pm
Yes! It absolutely is! Floridian people are so insane I think I’d actually prefer a blue state over Florida. Florida is seriously dangerous to live in.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Outcast9428 wrote:
January 22nd, 2023, 8:31 pm
Yes! It absolutely is! Floridian people are so insane I think I’d actually prefer a blue state over Florida. Florida is seriously dangerous to live in.
I don't know if it must be the heat or they rounded up all the crazy people and put them in a nice peninsula where they are left to govern themselves.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

January 22nd, 2023, 9:02 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
January 22nd, 2023, 8:31 pm
I don't know if it must be the heat or they rounded up all the crazy people and put them in a nice peninsula where they are left to govern themselves.
I’ve also wondered before why there are so many nutjobs down in Florida. I don’t know if the state attracts crazy people to it or if the state makes people crazy. I do think being surrounded by so many batshit crazy people can normalize it and make otherwise normal people start acting crazy too.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Mercury wrote:
January 22nd, 2023, 5:20 pm
Another sign that southern hospitality is a thing of the past, I recently visited Southwest Florida and took a trip to Cape Coral. I'm not sure that I've ever encountered a more man-hating, feminist sewer than Cape Coral. Then I read on a Patch website that there are over a dozen different bars and restaurants in Cape Coral that discriminate against people in wheelchairs and with special needs, as well as single and unaccompanied men. Cape Coral's entire nightlife scene is based on country and line dancing, there is absolutely no old-school social dancing at all whatsoever anywhere in Cape Coral. It's also been mentioned that the atmosphere has been tremendously worsened by Donald Trump losing the 2020 election and that discrimination against wheelchairs and special needs people at Cape Coral restaurants and bars has skyrocketed and spread enormously since Trump's defeat in 2020. I could feel the fury and rage in the atmosphere of the city because Trump lost. And Cape Coral is visibly very strongly Republican and heavily supports the Republican party, especially Trump. There were rumors that a number of Cape Coral residents were likely involved in the January 2021 Capitol riot. Nobody in Cape Coral was helping any neighbors clean up after Hurricane Ian.
Florida isn't the South, Florida is Florida.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

January 23rd, 2023, 7:48 am
f*ck florida!

https://media.giphy.com/media/pzo49Bszsudk4/giphy.gif
I’ve visited Florida a lot and I have told every Republican I know and people on the internet who glorify Florida these days just because of DeSantis… Florida is easily the most liberal “red state” out there. Florida is filled with fake Republicans. Most of the Republicans there are not even remotely conservative in social values. Florida is designed for people who hate woke culture but are not conservative at all.

A lot of mainstream conservative types I’ve noticed just don’t seem to understand that somebody voting Republican is not the same as being conservative. I’ve literally heard mainstream conservative types saying “Miami is turning conservative now!”

Dear f***ing God. I feel like my head is about to explode when I hear shit like that.