Colombia in December

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Colombia in December

Post by zacb »

Howdy again
I forgot to talk about my 4 day mini trip to Bogota to see my sweety. We made a Thanks Giving dinner and went to a fancy super market in Chapinero. Also went to the barber in Bogota and in between found some cheap Ivermectin for some family. Even when we could not find a super market , she was not bitching that I was an idiot, but worked together and found it. We also went to the mall and bought her Christmas presents. We also tried Dunkin Donuts (as she never tried). When we were in here home town, we walked by either house parties or clubs. Either way they seemed more lively than in the US. Also found Juan Valdez and Baileys chocolates along the way. The Chapinero mall also had a very beautiful Christmas tree. All this was near the Airbnb.

Every time I go to Bogota I feel at home. In a way I feel like it is the New Amsterdam. The only place that might be better is Paraguay, which I am working on getting residency, then citizenship in. With Paraguayan citizenship I can go anywhere in South America. I am not sure why, but as someone on the spectrum I feel a freedom that everyone knows their roles (gender and what not), but outside some cultural niceties people allow you space to be.

I am hoping to get to Colombia one more time this year. If things go well maybe she will be able to come here, or with luck, I can move there permanently.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
anon23
Freshman Poster

Re: Colombia in December

Post by anon23 »

I feel the same way about bogota as well, I do quite get used to the city life in it but I also love to travel so when I go often hit local small towns or go hiking/beach/etc at some random part in colombia.. best part about it.. had a good 3 year years there.. headed to SEA for a few months soonish, still deciding where I'd like to own property at tbh :)

Safe travels!
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Thank you friend. I was there this past month and plan to go there this upcoming month. This time I really enjoyed the microbrewery in the mall and just chilling in general. It made me rethink why I am working my ass off in the US. If Ian live larger in Colombia and have a nice house, why am I working so hard? To help the Ukraine war? It just seems so stupid and outside one or two things I am done with the US and will move more of my money and life there until I can live there full time (or at least to South America in general). I am also still working on my residency (and eventual citizenship) in Paraguay. Hope your travels are well!!
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

anon23 wrote:
February 13th, 2023, 8:55 pm
I feel the same way about bogota as well, I do quite get used to the city life in it but I also love to travel so when I go often hit local small towns or go hiking/beach/etc at some random part in colombia.. best part about it.. had a good 3 year years there.. headed to SEA for a few months soonish, still deciding where I'd like to own property at tbh :)

Safe travels!
Also on property South America seems like a no brainer to me. Chile in particular, but Colombia has cheap properties for living in. For making money Chile can't be beat.
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

Is April a good time to travel to Colombia? I am planning to go there with my wife and 3 years old daughter.
We are reading FlightNetwork reviews on this website, as they seem to have the best deals at the moment. I was thinking to rent a car there for the whole time (2 weeks in total) so if anyone has rental company recommendation, i would really appreciate that.
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

Booked my flight to Colombia and noticed that i need visa to the country.
Going to get an e visa here https://visafly.com/colombia/, but my question is how far in advance should i do that?
How many days/weeks does the whole application process takes?
Jamessmith0901
Freshman Poster

Post by Jamessmith0901 »

Glad to hear you had a great time in Bogota! It's wonderful that you and your sweety enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner together and explored the city. She sounds supportive and helpful, making a great team. Trying Dunkin Donuts for the first time must have been fun! Bogota seems like a place where you feel at home. I hope everything works out for you and you get to visit Colombia again soon or consider residency in Paraguay.