The World is much more "specialized" than we think? (Colombia)

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

The World is much more "specialized" than we think? (Colombia)

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Hey guys,

So we are lead to assume that "Everywhere is the same" and "Everyone has the same opportunities." However, I feel that there's a lot of factors at play that are not talked about.

Factors that if you were to talk explicitly with average people they will say things like, "That's prejudice." Factors that have to do with "industries" the economy and what role do each country has a "geopolitically." This knowledge is all very important, however, I don't think that we explicitly talk about this topic in more depth.

For instance, I was studying Colombia in a lot of depth. And a there's a "beauty culture" there. The Girls know they are hot and they are competing with other girls. In fact, I have met Colombian women who married foreigners and then became well off. I feel this happens with other Eastern European countries as well. I met a Canadian girl whose mom was from Ukraine. The world is interconnected. I wonder if women from the Phillipines explicitly know about this. For instance, I saw a channel of a Fillipina woman who said that she was actively looking for expats and learning English.

For instance, a lot of Rich Youtubers from Spain move to Andorra to pay low to no taxes. Taxes in Spain are almost 50% while Taxes in Andorra are 10% at most. People in Andorra know this and the economy is catered towards this groups of people.

What I'm trying to say is that there's Large systems at play
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Re: The World is much more "specialized" than we think?(Colombia)

Post by Outcast9428 »

You’re absolutely right about that. Different cultures are designed for different kinds of people. I really don’t like this trend of blackpilled people arguing that everywhere is the same. Even moving to a different state in America can feel like a radical change… Like you stepped into a completely different reality.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

Yeah so? What else is new? Different countries always had different cultures unless they are a vassal state of America and within anglosphere.
East Asia is also heavily americanized except China.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

The study you are looking for is Economic Geography. Also Developmental Economics. Nice area of research :) .
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Outcast9428 wrote:
March 7th, 2023, 11:52 am
You’re absolutely right about that. Different cultures are designed for different kinds of people. I really don’t like this trend of blackpilled people arguing that everywhere is the same. Even moving to a different state in America can feel like a radical change… Like you stepped into a completely different reality.
I agree, many of those guys could improve their situation slightly by moving to a big city. Even though America is prudish you can luck out and run into some girls who are down to hook up. Maybe at a college party, even with only a bit of seduction skills.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

zacb wrote:
March 7th, 2023, 3:09 pm
The study you are looking for is Economic Geography. Also Developmental Economics. Nice area of research :) .

Thanks a lot for the recommendations. I will look into it. What I mean it seem that most things don't happen at random. But rather people are already prepared. For instance, if you want to be a businessman Argentina might not the best place to start. But if you want to be a football/soccer player then definitely you should go there to build up your skills. Even people who were average at their league ended up becoming start players in other countries.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
March 8th, 2023, 11:33 am
Outcast9428 wrote:
I agree, many of those guys could improve their situation slightly by moving to a big city. Even though America is prudish you can luck out and run into some girls who are down to hook up. Maybe at a college party, even with only a bit of seduction skills.
That’s the opposite of what guys should do. Big cities are a hellscape for dating because of the rampant hookup culture. I’d recommend small towns.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Outcast9428 wrote:
March 8th, 2023, 3:32 pm
ArchibaultNew wrote:
Outcast9428 wrote:
That’s the opposite of what guys should do. Big cities are a hellscape for dating because of the rampant hookup culture. I’d recommend small towns.
Depends on what your goals are. Big cities can make it work if your goal is to hook up. Also how do you know the small towns will be good? Many girls will only want to talk with their small social circle and not accept outsiders.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

ArchibaultNew wrote:
March 10th, 2023, 12:22 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
ArchibaultNew wrote:
Outcast9428 wrote:
Depends on what your goals are. Big cities can make it work if your goal is to hook up. Also how do you know the small towns will be good? Many girls will only want to talk with their small social circle and not accept outsiders.
Hookups are a complete scam and men should not pursue them at all. Even on a purely sexual note, an average guy in a long term relationship can get more sex in a single week then PUAs get in a year from pursuing one night stands. You yourself have admitted before that despite what a lot of people claim, its not easy to get hookups. So why the hell should guys even bother with it? Why do something that is so difficult to do, that has such a pathetic reward? Great you get one night of sex and you're back to being a lonely, single man. Being a single guy going for hookups is like going out and hunting for every single meal you get. You refuse to eat unless you hunt down a deer yourself and bring it in. Sometimes, however, you go days, or even weeks and can't find anything. Going to prostitutes is like going to restaurants every time you want to eat. Sure its simple and easy, but holy shit its a lot of money. A long term relationship on the other hand is like going to the refrigerator or pantry. Which one provides the most stable and reliable source of food?

People in small towns are very friendly. Sometimes people will even come up and start talking to you.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Mercer wrote:
March 11th, 2023, 5:32 pm
Cities might be shit but small towns are also shitty. Small towns have problems with fentanyl, shitty economies and close minded, uneducated people who hate anyone who is not like them. The women in those small towns also like to get f***ed by the few Chads and Tyrones around while leaving the other guys as incels. They're also filled with fake religious people who don't even follow their own religion. Men in small towns have huge problems with heroin and drinking because the women ignore them, the jobs are all shitty and pay shit, and there's nothing to do.
Agreed. It's not just about small towns and big cities. It's about moving to different cultures where there's a more accepting view to your goals. For instance, if you go to the Sweden it seem that its easier to hook up. While if you go to a more traditional part in latin america it seems that there's more girls looking for long term relationships. Even moving from an English Speaking country to France its a difference. Since couples its easier to be in a couple.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

Outcast9428 wrote:
March 11th, 2023, 1:38 am
ArchibaultNew wrote:
March 10th, 2023, 12:22 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
ArchibaultNew wrote:
Outcast9428 wrote:
Hookups are a complete scam and men should not pursue them at all. Even on a purely sexual note, an average guy in a long term relationship can get more sex in a single week then PUAs get in a year from pursuing one night stands. You yourself have admitted before that despite what a lot of people claim, its not easy to get hookups. So why the hell should guys even bother with it? Why do something that is so difficult to do, that has such a pathetic reward? Great you get one night of sex and you're back to being a lonely, single man. Being a single guy going for hookups is like going out and hunting for every single meal you get. You refuse to eat unless you hunt down a deer yourself and bring it in. Sometimes, however, you go days, or even weeks and can't find anything. Going to prostitutes is like going to restaurants every time you want to eat. Sure its simple and easy, but holy shit its a lot of money. A long term relationship on the other hand is like going to the refrigerator or pantry. Which one provides the most stable and reliable source of food?

People in small towns are very friendly. Sometimes people will even come up and start talking to you.
Dude, you seem to get so emotional about this. The bottom line is the English speaking countries are bad for dating both in big cities and small towns. Many other cultures are much better for both hooking up as well as having long term relationship. I can give many examples. For instance, Brazil is much easier to get a long term relationship as well as hooking up with girls. It's not about Big City to Small towns. Its more about Cultures. I've lived in a "small town" in an English speaking country. And it was just as bad if not worst for either goal. For instance, many women already have a long term boyfriend and their social circles were tight and they wouldn't let a random person join. I think you are working on "principles" that you believe in relationships and small towns. When you have to work with realities that in the English speaking countries even in small towns its bad for many guys.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

@Mercer

Most small towns don’t even have enough people to fill up an average high school. Everybody goes to the same school in small towns. Chads can’t keep rotating harems of girls without developing a bad reputation very quickly and women who go out with a guy who behaves that way would be considered a slut. You can’t have a hookup culture in a town where anonymity is non-existent and the majority of the population believes it is immoral. Also how the hell is somebody gonna get fentanyl in a small town? Small towns don’t have drug dealers standing on street corners like cities do.

@ArchibaultNew Brazil is not really better for getting long term relationships then typical Republican states in the US are. Brazil’s average age of marriage is really old and the marriage rate is very bad. Brazil’s pickup culture is terrible and you would have to fight off guys trying to sleep with your girlfriend or wife all the time. Latin American countries have terrible adultery problems because of this.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

Mercer wrote:
March 12th, 2023, 9:50 pm
Outcast9428 wrote:
March 12th, 2023, 1:13 pm
@Mercer

Most small towns don’t even have enough people to fill up an average high school. Everybody goes to the same school in small towns. Chads can’t keep rotating harems of girls without developing a bad reputation very quickly and women who go out with a guy who behaves that way would be considered a slut. You can’t have a hookup culture in a town where anonymity is non-existent and the majority of the population believes it is immoral. Also how the hell is somebody gonna get fentanyl in a small town? Small towns don’t have drug dealers standing on street corners like cities do.

@ArchibaultNew Brazil is not really better for getting long term relationships then typical Republican states in the US are. Brazil’s average age of marriage is really old and the marriage rate is very bad. Brazil’s pickup culture is terrible and you would have to fight off guys trying to sleep with your girlfriend or wife all the time. Latin American countries have terrible adultery problems because of this.
@Outcast9428, you seem to think that something doesn't exist if you haven't experienced in personally. Being a slut is now considered empowering to women and they have no problem sharing the same Chads, nor does he get a bad reputation from f***ing all of the women. You still think it's 1950's America or something. Chads who pump and dump women, gangsters, etc. are considered cool now and responsible men are considered beta losers which is the opposite of what it should be but this is the shitty culture of this country now. Rural areas and small towns across the U.S. in conservative states have huge problems with opioids, fentanyl, etc. Do you really think there aren't dealers in small towns or even suburbs? :roll: Many small towns are run down shitholes. You seem to live in a wealthier suburban small town compared to most around the country. I remember you even said that rednecks are nice people who never start problems with anyone when anyone who has been around actual poor trailer trash rednecks know that they're often drunk, low IQ idiots who will start shit with you for no reason similar to inner city blacks. @Kangarunner lived around many of these types in Tennessee.
I didn't say it is still the 1950s, but highly Republican small towns in the Southern or Midwestern states are kind of like 1950s-lite. They tend to vote Republican at around 75%-90%. The pressure to be conservative in small towns is just as intense as the pressure to be progressive in cities and colleges. They definitely do not consider promiscuity to be empowering for women. Nor is being a wigger seen as cool in small towns. Those are all a big city and college campus things. Small towns are not like Los Angeles. Even in the suburbs it isn't really like that. "Slutshaming" so to speak, is definitely a thing in Southern White suburbs. And its not just women, guys get "slutshamed" just as much. Despite what liberals claim, I have never found conservatives to have the double standard they claim conservatives have with regards to male vs female promiscuity. In my neighborhood, as well as every neighborhood around me growing up, a guy who was promiscuous or even expressed wishes to be promiscuous developed a bad reputation and most of the girls would avoid him. None of the guys I knew growing up who talked about wanting to hookup with a lot of different women actually succeeded at it. The guys who acted very romantic and talked about falling in love usually had girls who were interested in them. In the suburbs, some people can still be degenerate and get away with it despite a mildly hostile atmosphere. But in small towns, that kind of thing is not acceptable behavior and there is no way to hide it. Everybody knows what everyone else is up to. There is basically no privacy. Everyone I've met who's from a small town complains about the complete lack of privacy you have in small towns.

I'm not telling you this kind of stuff as somebody who's just seen one part of the US and that's it. Its like I've told you, I've traveled to a lot of places in America. I know what living in a leftist/progressive environment is like, in Florida I saw what pure liberalism looked like, but I also know what living in a more balanced area is like. And I've met people who lived in small towns. Even just leaving college campuses or the city and moving to the suburbs makes a huge difference. It might not in California. Suburbs in California are probably highly leftist as well. But in Republican states, usually small towns and rural areas are aggressively conservative... Suburbs tend to have a kind of mild/gentle conservatism, while cities and colleges are leftist/progressive.
ArchibaultNew
Freshman Poster

Post by ArchibaultNew »

@Outcast9428
I agree with @Mercer's observation. You work based on "principles" and "stats" as opposed to first hand experience. Many of the things you believe about small town/city America are not accurate based on my experience. You seem to have a "idyllic" view of Small town America like in the 1960's. Where women are ready to meet you and will be ready for a relationship. I saw the opposite women with tattoos, and many use more cursing/swearing.

I live in two small cities in American and both were cliquish, unfriendly and low educated. Also I'd add not only was there substance abuse with people abusing illicit substance. But I also saw a lot of "mental illness" problems. Where people suffered from mental illness problems and you needed to be careful not to say the wrong thing around them. I felt the lack of a "Social Safety net" and "work hard" culture in America causes many people mental issues. Similar to Germany except there the government tries to help them.

In regards to Brazil, you can't trust those "stats' I had friends who either married Brazilian women or are dating them. They all seem to have a good time. Moreover, I think when it to adultery. One has to be careful since it seems that in 1950s America cheating was strongly condemned and the standards were very high on what entailed "cheating". Meanwhile, it Brazil and other Latin cultures they have a more relax view. I think what you want is a submissive Asian girl who follows your every command, that's based on my observations.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Outcast9428 wrote:
March 11th, 2023, 1:38 am
Going to prostitutes is like going to restaurants every time you want to eat. Sure its simple and easy, but holy shit its a lot of money. A long term relationship on the other hand is like going to the refrigerator or pantry. Which one provides the most stable and reliable source of food?
My wife's cooking is so good, it is hard to find a restaurant really worth eating at by comparison. If we go out to eat and we eat something interesting, she may come home and make a much better-tasting version of it.

I've never been to a ho, tho.