Cebu Expat Services

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
?
Freshman Poster

Cebu Expat Services

Post by ? »

I found this site the other day "Cebu Expat Services" it looks like a good company if your wanting to move to Cebu. Theres lots of services they provide to make your life easier which is a good thing.

http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/

Then I looked at the owners wedding pics and I thought wow! This filipina looks like a real social climbing, gold digger. Undoubtedly, its hard to convince a guy his wife is a gold digger when he's having the best sex of his life. They have an expensive wedding casting her in the role of "princess", thats what gave her away. Let me know what you think guys. Would you trust her?

http://www.cebuexpatservices.com/our-life-in-cebu.php/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Man, i gotta agree with you. You gotta read between the lines, when reading about their relationship. I can probably translate what she was saying into what she was probably thinking. It wouldn't be a nice picture.

I can't really blame the guy or the woman for getting married. They are probably both getting what they wanted. But FFS, it irks me when people gloss it over with BS about LOVE this and LOVE that. She probably spent the whole timing leading up to the actual marriage, praying every single night that he wouldn't croak before they actually got hitched.

But hey, if she makes his life great until the day he bites it, then he got exactly what he wanted, and he was right in trusting her. He shouldn't lie to himself about why she's with him though. Still, that might be what will make him happy until it's his time.

/shrug, it's all good as long as he knows what he's getting into
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Does anyone have any actual evidence to back up what they are saying?
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

MrPeabody wrote:Does anyone have any actual evidence to back up what they are saying?
Did you read the bio about them? If you didn't then go read it. That's the "our life in Cebu" part. Then come back and tell me if it doesn't sound fishy/BSey. She wrote a testimonial about how they met, etc, etc.
He looks to be about 75/80. She looks to be about 26.

I'm not saying anythings definite. It's speculation on my part and his as well, BUT i am making inferences based on the bio and what she wrote. The entire scenario is very "typical" of these kind of situations.

If i were 75 and single, i wouldn't mind being in his shoes LOL.
I'm sure he knows why she's so into him. Like i said before, it's all good if she's making him happy and hasn't ripped him off. I think it's her attempt at poetic prose in semi-broken English that irritates me....too much BS and too unbelievable. That's how it looks from my side of the window.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

keius wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:Does anyone have any actual evidence to back up what they are saying?
Did you read the bio about them? If you didn't then go read it. That's the "our life in Cebu" part. Then come back and tell me if it doesn't sound fishy/BSey. She wrote a testimonial about how they met, etc, etc.

I'm not saying anythings definite. It's speculation on my part and his as well, BUT i am making inferences based on the bio and what she wrote. The entire scenario is very "typical" of these kind of situations.

I'm sure he knows why she's so into him. Like i said before, it's all good if she's making him happy and hasn't ripped him off. I think it's her attempt at poetic prose in semi-broken English that irritates me....too much BS and too unbelievable. That's how it looks from my side of the window.
It seems that you are guessing just based on her age and the way she looks. In other words, you can't go inside her mind and know what she is thinking. It may be a more productive activity to learn from him, since he is obviously doing what many here want to do. Why invent mind chatter? He looks like he is someone we can learn from.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Traditional filipinas are not necessarily age biased if they believe the man is sincere and they love him. Who knows what her real background is but if she is just some regular girl from a poorer family then she probably would jump at the opportunity to marry a nice older Western guy to give herself and her family a bit of security in their lives. It doesn't mean she is a gold digger, it all depends on her day to day personality and overall motives as well. To be honest, most Filipinas if they can afford to would love to have an all out wedding, I think most girls wouldn't refuse from any country if they were offered one since it is their fantasy usually from when they were a child to have a story book romance and wedding. Give thanks to Disney for that one...

To have a huge decked out wedding is not that expensive in PI as compared to a Western country. I've been to a couple for upper middle class Filipinos getting married. The girls tend to push it if they know the grooms family can afford it. It's somewhat of a tradition to have a big fancy wedding inviting all kinds of people you don't even know just to make yourself look bigger and more important than you really are.

Remember just over a century ago most people wouldn't bat an eye if an older man married someone 20+ years his junior, it was normal. This goes back centuries. Only within this century when the ugly feminists who couldn't get a normal man decided to even the playing field and brainwashed Western society that anything over a 5 years age difference between couples was strange and was somehow a pedophiliac tendency. If you think about this kind of social age stigma in Western countries it is little different than the previous taboo of interracial dating and marriage. It's just in a different context now, age.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

MrPeabody wrote:
keius wrote:

It seems that you are guessing just based on her age and the way she looks. In other words, you can't go inside her mind and know what she is thinking. It may be a more productive activity to learn from him, since he is obviously doing what many here want to do. Why invent mind chatter? He looks like he is someone we can learn from.
Actually, i'm basing it entirely on what she wrote, not what they look like. Their looks were just another afterthought, a "clue" if you will. If what she wrote is what was going on inside her mind, then i smell something a bit off.
BUT I agree with you though, about learning from him. He seems happy. And they've been together for long enough that the relationship seems stable.
I hope he doesn't choose to return to his home country with his wife though. He can enjoy his life so much more where he's at right now. And it'd probably be safer for his marriage.

I do believe that most Filipinas in the lower social brackets prefer to marry for money, or are quite opportunistic. Honestly, i don't blame them one bit. If i were in the same situation, i'd probably do the same. You gotta be wearing their shoes to know what it's really like.
I don't think there was anything wrong with the wedding at all. Looked perfectly normal to me.

I just found her flowery gushing prose to be way too BS'ey, almost like she's trying to hide her real reasons for marrying him. It sounded like she was trying to con the reader, or maybe even herself.
She would probably have been better off simply saying that she found a caring, decent man whom she could spend the rest of their lives together. Instead of getting a backlash of reactions from incredulous readers.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

keius wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:
keius wrote:

Actually, i'm basing it entirely on what she wrote, not what they look like. Their looks were just another afterthought, a "clue" if you will. If what she wrote is what was going on inside her mind, then i smell something a bit off.
BUT I agree with you though, about learning from him. He seems happy. And they've been together for long enough that the relationship seems stable.
I hope he doesn't choose to return to his home country with his wife though. He can enjoy his life so much more where he's at right now. And it'd probably be safer for his marriage.

I do believe that most Filipinas in the lower social brackets prefer to marry for money, or are quite opportunistic. Honestly, i don't blame them one bit. If i were in the same situation, i'd probably do the same. You gotta be wearing their shoes to know what it's really like.
I don't think there was anything wrong with the wedding at all. Looked perfectly normal to me.

I just found her flowery gushing prose to be way too BS'ey, almost like she's trying to hide her real reasons for marrying him. It sounded like she was trying to con the reader, or maybe even herself.
She would probably have been better off simply saying that she found a caring, decent man whom she could spend the rest of their lives together. Instead of getting a backlash of reactions from incredulous readers.
This is why I recommend men don't marry a woman and then bring her back to the United States. People in the US will be cruel and unjust. They will make things up in their minds, usually due to jealousy, without any evidence and do their best to destroy your relationship. Notice there is no fairness here - there is nothing you can do - there is nothing you did do - because its in their heads. Kind of sounds like many lonely men on this board complaining about how they are treated in the US. Leave the US and don't bring a flower into a sewer where it can be destroyed.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

keius wrote: I do believe that most Filipinas in the lower social brackets prefer to marry for money, or are quite opportunistic.
How do you know that? Why do you believe that?

I only ask because in my years there I saw way to many, and knew a few, "Filipinas in the lower social brackets" who worked 12 hours a day, in a job that pays maybe $70 a month, so they can feed their unemployed husband who sits around watching TV and rubbing his belly.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Terrence wrote:
keius wrote: I do believe that most Filipinas in the lower social brackets prefer to marry for money, or are quite opportunistic.
How do you know that? Why do you believe that?

I only ask because in my years there I saw way to many, and knew a few, "Filipinas in the lower social brackets" who worked 12 hours a day, in a job that pays maybe $70 a month, so they can feed their unemployed husband who sits around watching TV and rubbing his belly.
You forgot to add drinking "Red Horse Beer" and gambling as well. A lot of the PI men here are losers so the women have to look for foreign men that want to provide for a family.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

MrPeabody wrote:
keius wrote:
MrPeabody wrote:
keius wrote:

This is why I recommend men don't marry a woman and then bring her back to the United States. People in the US will be cruel and unjust. They will make things up in their minds, usually due to jealousy, without any evidence and do their best to destroy your relationship. Notice there is no fairness here - there is nothing you can do - there is nothing you did do - because its in their heads. Kind of sounds like many lonely men on this board complaining about how they are treated in the US. Leave the US and don't bring a flower into a sewer where it can be destroyed.[/quote

Your post points out a serous pathology here and in the general population. You are right on.
Many of the posters here illustrate why I enjoy life abroad with few American contacts.
A huge percentage of the population are predatory destructive jackasses...mean little he-bitches
and she-prics....living illustrations of why I will NEVER bring my girl to the USA.
More and more of the USA men I meet are not men at all...just mean little bitches in a man's body.

I will not need to apologize to the exceptions to that observation here...because they know
exactly what I am talking about.

Outwest
Misamis Oriental, Mindanao
dekesinger
Freshman Poster

Post by dekesinger »

Some of you wanted to meet the guy behind Cebu Expat Services, well that's me.

I came upon this forum by chance and was amazed that someone could find my life and my relationship with my wife so interesting.

"Mr Peabody" and "Outwest", thanks for your balanced and sensible comments.

"Keius", I would love to meet you for a beer/coffee some time if you are in the Philippines to prove that your negativity is completely unjustified. I don't believe I would ever change your mind with words on a computer screen.

I don't blame you for your views; most people have never met anyone like my wife. Her comments were written from the heart - there was no ulterior motive!

How do I know? We have known each other for nearly 7 years and, because of our work, spend 24 hours a day together.

For those of you that doubt a happy, beautiful relationship can exist - YOU ARE VERY WRONG.

For those of you that want to explore my relationship further, I would ask you to put up full details of yours, so I can be critical also.
Seeker
Freshman Poster

Post by Seeker »

Well obviously she's not attracted to him, women in those kinds of relationships are never attracted to the man in question it's all about what they can gain from it. I've seen it many times over.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

dekesinger wrote:Some of you wanted to meet the guy behind Cebu Expat Services, well that's me.

I came upon this forum by chance and was amazed that someone could find my life and my relationship with my wife so interesting.

"Mr Peabody" and "Outwest", thanks for your balanced and sensible comments.

"Keius", I would love to meet you for a beer/coffee some time if you are in the Philippines to prove that your negativity is completely unjustified. I don't believe I would ever change your mind with words on a computer screen.

I don't blame you for your views; most people have never met anyone like my wife. Her comments were written from the heart - there was no ulterior motive!

How do I know? We have known each other for nearly 7 years and, because of our work, spend 24 hours a day together.

For those of you that doubt a happy, beautiful relationship can exist - YOU ARE VERY WRONG.

For those of you that want to explore my relationship further, I would ask you to put up full details of yours, so I can be critical also.
Welcome to this forum. I read the thread last year and am happy to see its subject get to weigh it. It's stunning to me that guys who have never met you or your wife know more about what your relationship is based on than you do - lol! I hope you'll stick around and provide your perspective on life and love in PI.
smallcheese
Freshman Poster

Post by smallcheese »

Why are some people so cynical? I don't get it. I thought this site was called: Happier Abroad. So here's an example of a Westerner who made his choice and left his home country to be happier abroad with his wife. I think it's great! A really positive story for those who truly want to find a life partner outside their own country. I know why some people might be negative and cynical. It seems too good to be true and given how many men have been burned before in the past by their own negative experiences with women, they are very wary. Understandable but if you want to spend the rest of your life thinking that way, you'll never find true happiness and love IMHO.

For many men, marriage is not an option and they will never get married. That's great. It's your life, your choice. No one has the right to tell you what to do. But why is there a need to be negative and question someone else's choices?

I thought his wife's writing was very honest and from the heart and romantic. If you talk to any Filipinas who are truly in love, that is how they speak about the men that they love. For many men, it sounds too flowery and fake but for me, I thought it was very sweet and genuine.

Life is too short to be so judgmental. As long as they're both happy, that's all that really matters :)