Introducing Myself - TheLogicJunkie

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
naiss2
Freshman Poster

Post by naiss2 »

Thank you Winston for introducing us to TheLogicJunkie!

TheLogicJunkie,

I haven't met that many Anglos but I think, also considering information on the Internet, media etc., that there are perceivable differences between Anglo-Saxon culture and the rest of Germanic culture (meaning German speaking countries, The Netherlands, Scandinavia). For example, from time to time I visit http://www.toytowngermany.com/forum/ because I find it interesting how they (mostly Anglos living in Germany) perceive us (Germans). It's eye-opening, at times. Often, I notice differences but I can't really put my finger on them but I know that I and people I know wouldn't behave in the same way as Anglos do. That doesn't mean that you would like living in Germany or even in the praised Scandinavian countries.

As you explained in your videos where you compare life in the Northwestern United States and your home Florida there can be vast differences within countries. That's why I don't really like to use labels like Anglo-Saxon or German. If you, however, ever choose to go to Germany (which I still doubt) I highly recommend Berlin because its atmosphere is more open/better from other German cities. Rent in Berlin is rather low compared to other capitals of "rich" countries. Berliners can be very blunt and express their opinion openly. This can be seen as rude but it's a trait you maybe learn to appreciate. Also, there are many families, whose grandparents came from Turkey or Arab countries, so I think it wouldn't be too hard for you to integrate because you would be first and foremost considered American and thus "more German".

P.S.: Does Anglo culture in America permeate all people? I mean, if you don't like that culture, can't you avoid it? You said that you don't speak Spanish but wouldn't be socializing with Cubans or other people from Central or South America a reasonable alternative?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

When we talk about the Anglo culture in the US, or the Germanic culture, I do not think we talk about English vs German, vs whoever. What he basically means is that if you come off as Hispanic-looking or Italian in his part of the country, it is not well received in the upper circles, but if you come off more northern like, then it is OK. In other words, you should be of the ancestry of the earlier Northwest European settlers ( commonly known as WASPs) if you want to be accepted. So, a German American in today's America is a WASP, too. Someone with a name like Gonzalez or Peppelini is not.

As I have mentioned, if your last name is the problem, what one can do is change it to a French sounding one- the French are the only Latin Europeans that are accepted in the WASP "congellation" he was speaking about.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
naiss2
Freshman Poster

Post by naiss2 »

I assume not all employers are biased towards WASPs or are Hispanic themselves. Or is the WASP way of thinking too deep ingrained in the general public that even non-WASPs discriminate against other non-WASPs. Wouldn't it be difficult to work for someone that would actually dislike you if they found out your "real" self? Again, I have trouble grasping the categories you divide people into because I thought being a Hispanic is mainly based on language. Even the categories in the US Census 2010 are absurd.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

ladislav wrote:When we talk about the Anglo culture in the US, or the Germanic culture, I do not think we talk about English vs German, vs whoever. What he basically means is that if you come off as Hispanic-looking or Italian in his part of the country, it is not well received in the upper circles, but if you come off more northern like, then it is OK. In other words, you should be of the ancestry of the earlier Northwest European settlers ( commonly known as WASPs) if you want to be accepted. So, a German American in today's America is a WASP, too. Someone with a name like Gonzalez or Peppelini is not.

As I have mentioned, if your last name is the problem, what one can do is change it to a French sounding one- the French are the only Latin Europeans that are accepted in the WASP "congellation" he was speaking about.
Italians have been in the U.S. for several generations and are completely assimilated, including being part of the upper class in areas where there are many of them, especially the Northeast. Italians interbred with other White groups and most are now part-other European ethnicities. Hispanics is a more valid argument, but in places like California, many Spanish settled there and have also been absorbed into the "melting pot." There are plenty of Americans with names like Garcia and Rodriguez who are doing very well for themselves. Dark-skinned Mexicans have more of a problem, but at the rate they are moving into the Southwest, they will be running things within a generation, for better or worse.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I guess,then the OP must be in some really special part of the country.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

The Logic Junkie looks like a regular white guy to me. I find it hard to believe he experiences racism solely because of his last name. I'd be interested in concrete examples of it. It might be that he experiences job discrimination because white men in general are at the bottom of the affirmative action totem pole.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by josephty2 »

Winston wrote:
May 25th, 2011, 9:18 pm
LogicJunkie,
Keep in mind that most jobs are not advertised. They are networked out or promoted from within. So searching online doesn't access you to most jobs. You gotta go there and network with people, develop contacts, and ask around.

But it depends on where you go. If you came here to the Philippines, I could set you up with an apartment for 80 dollars a month. Then you could live cheaply until you found something.

For now, you can write foreign girls for free at http://www.dateinasia.com and see how different they are from your country.

Also, if you need to save up money for airfare, just get a temp job through Kelly Services, Manpower or Express Personnel. They've always gotten me work. If your parents help, that's fine too. What are family's for? lol You gotta put your pride aside for the moment and understand that peace of mind and feeling good about yourself are the most important things in life (besides health of course). If your family can help jumpstart you to a better life, why not? My parents helped me for a while too, before I had enough income to pay my own bills overseas.
This is intuitive bias.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Re: Introducing Myself - TheLogicJunkie

Post by josephty2 »

ladislav wrote:
May 9th, 2011, 3:15 pm
When you don't fit into American culture, you tend to not click with anything here and, not only that, but all those around you who DO fit in here, easily can tell you don't fit in here, and so they don't let you have any success here, which means you never accumulate the all-important funds or credentials needed to leave the country.

America is a trap, plain and simple. And if I'm ever able to escape it, I will.
This has been discussed here but since you are new, I will reiterate it.

American culture and not fitting in will not stand in the way of:
1) student financial aid so that you can get a BA and then a teaching certificate.
2) you being a native English speaker who can teach English and you having a US passport which allows visa free or easy visa access to all these countries that most world nationals cannot travel to.
3) relatively easy credit. Trying to get a credit card in other countries, even Canada, is a pain. Not in the US. Most people are afraid of credit; I am not. I borrowed money and used credit cards when needed and they helped me resettle and then I went to Saudi and paid it all off. You just have to plan, leverage it wisely and carefully and use it sparingly.
Even a 4'11 farmer who immigrated from Africa can get a PhD in USA, correct.
The quickest and easiest way to get out is by becoming an English teacher. If you have a BA/BS you can do it like 'now'.
That's somewhat true. It's difficult because I can't just eat dogs or turtles.
America is not a trap politically- you do not need an exit visa to leave the country.
Lots of people who left can get arrested overseas (coordinated by Americans) and extradited back to USA prison.
Then again, some people go all the way (cognitive dissonance/fallacy of incomplete evidence).

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.
Roccia
Freshman Poster

Re: Introducing Myself - TheLogicJunkie

Post by Roccia »

josephty2 wrote:
December 27th, 2023, 5:49 pm
Even a 4'11 farmer who immigrated from Africa can get a PhD in USA, correct.
How do you explain the data from Sub-Saharan African countries? They barely have ANY water in some places, let alone leaded water.

In fact, if I remember right results from Africa are even lover than the results of African-Americans. Maybe it's the 15-20% white DNA helping boost Afro-Americans?
josephty2
Freshman Poster

Re:

Post by josephty2 »

TheLogicJunkie wrote:
May 12th, 2011, 12:48 am
Well, the problem that I finally realize I've been having, is that America puts anyone it views as black or hispanic in a "special" category, whereby they are what I'll characterize as "not quite human". In other words, not unlike one of the half-animal creatures from The Island of Doctor Moreau that the good doctor taught to walk upright, wear clothes, and speak through grunted voices.

Seriously, this is my assessment of just how badly racist things really are in America, and why when I say that you're only given your fair due if you are most fully of Northern European ancestry, I really mean it. Everyone else seems to be regarded as "icky" or sub-human somehow.

And so, what happens is that everyone who carries the label of being from some "more natively equatorial" ethnicity gets treated as an "exotic zoological specimen" in America, and consigned to "species-specific" niche work, whereby they are employed/tolerated to do the kind of work that is specific to their "ethnic nature".

What do I mean by this? Well, most directly, I mean things like only hiring a black or hispanic (the two "incorrigible" ethnicities) specifically to do customer service work where they serve the "begrudgingly required" work of dealing with black or hispanic customers -- you know, "their" people. Because, after all, what can speak the language of a given species better than its own species?

So, in a pretty general sense, this is precisely where I've been pegged since my first days as an undergrad at Duke -- my presence is deeply loathed, and my only value is "ethno-zoological". So when I send in my resume, I only get calls back for an interview where the first words out of their mouths are, "Well, we've already got someone in mind for that position, but do you speak Spanish? We have a position available for someone who speaks Spanish."

(And guess what -- I don't even speak Spanish.)

In other words, they would never want anything to do with a "zoological" species such as myself, if they didn't have a pressing zoological reason to take me on.

Get it?

In other, other words, it is completely inconceivable to the Anglo-Germanic, covert race war machine that is America that, given that I have a patently Spanish last name, I could ever just be of objective use within an organization, and that I might possibly just bear admission on the grounds of something like... oh, I don't know... merit? Intelligence? Talent?

But, no. Having so much as a black or hispanic last name alone completely dismisses that possibility, the instant one reads it on the top of a resume or job application.

What's more, this effect is so powerful that black applicants with Anglo-Germanic names will be frequently called in for interviews based on this, but the hiring process goes only as far as the moment they walk in the interviewer's front door, and their race becomes apparent. But at least they get in through the front door because of the apparent ethnicity of their name -- a Spanish last name on the top of a resume or job app keeps you from getting even that far in the vast majority of cases, unless the organization is of an extremely liberal-progressive nature, and even then the "ethno-zoological" tracking still happens immediately. All in the interest of "multi-culturalism", of course.

So this is what's "under the hood" of America, as far I've experienced it. As far as I've experienced it, America is just one cold race war iceberg, where 90% of its truth is hidden below the waterline of feints and facades.
I did watch David icke's videos. It's amazing how the name icke and the word icky.

Definition: unpleasantly sticky.

Yet that's a rare last name, compared to smith or brown.

A reason actually to learn Spanish is that they (Spain, not Mexico) arrest a certain type of person. This type of person Americans can understand and pay money for. As of the numerous countries from the Spanish colonies, that's a college degree of it's own.

Eat dates.

The problem is iphones.