Am I obligated to follow all advice without question?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
Winston
Site Admin

Am I obligated to follow all advice without question?

Post by Winston »

I wanted to get some clarification here.

Some people complain that I ask for advice but don't take it. Are you all saying that I'm obligated to follow every advice from every stranger given to me? What if 3 people all give me different advice?

Do I not have the right to evaluate all advice given to me? Is that not wise? Or is everyone a know it all?

Advice is dangerous. Therapists don't even give it. Their manual says that their job is to give coping skills, not advice or solutions. If the advice is wrong or bad, then it ends in regret and bad consequences.

Plus, doesn't spiritual wisdom say that every man must find his own path and destiny? What man can know another man's destiny? Therefore, what man can tell another man what to do? Right?

Do you see my point?

How can I handle such situations tactfully in the future then? Or am I obligated to follow what everyone says without questioning it?

Can you all clarify?

Or is everyone here a know it all who must be listened to and obeyed?

Am I supposed to respond with "Good advice, I will follow it and implement it today!" to every advice given here, even from the biggest morons and the most nonsensical advice?

If not, then why is there this complaint as though I've done something wrong? Can you clarify? What have I done wrong? Don't we all have a right to evaluate the data given to us? I never reject anything without considering it, factoring it in, or evaluating it first. So where am I at fault?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

I have to remind myself who is speaking. This is the same man who supported the Zeitgeist Movement. Hows that for finding your own path!

Listen up you hypocrite and bullshitter of epic proportions.. you're getting mad at us because you want to hide behind excuses for the rest of your life. You don't want to change. You're content being a dirtbag, (living like an underachiever while lying to yourself about the reasons for this). So when others show you a way out you get angry at them and respond with the typical "Who are you to tell me how to run my life!", "You're not perfect either!" No one is trying to run your life, but you're caught in a downward spiral. You really do bring things upon yourself. I think you got used to having problems you couldn't control in your youth, and now you're subconsciously repeating the cycle.

What is the advice people gave you here? Don't eat soy. Put some effort into raising for child, etc. I can see why a person would be furious! NOT.
You're not obliged to take advice. You're obliged avoid being a hypocrite.

1) You complain about something
2) Change nothing
3) Complain about it some more
4) Ask for advice
5) Don't follow the advice nor your own ideas
6) Complain about the situation AND the advice you got
Last edited by odbo on July 30th, 2011, 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Dude,
You have no hard proof that Zeitgeist is a scam or shill. Some of your videos you post contain segments from it. It DOES contain a lot of truth. But of course, the most effective disinfo contains 70 to 80 percent truth before presenting you with the disinfo.

How did others show me a way out? I said I'm not healthy or feeling good in AC, and I'm moving away. I already took steps to do that. I ended my apartment contract. Why didn't you congratulate me? Cause you don't like to say anything positive?

In AC, it's not just about the weather and humidity and pollution. The whole vibe makes me feel icky and crappy physically, mentally and spiritually.

So odbo, you don't admit that a lot of advice here has been bad?

You did not prove that soy was bad for me. I found many articles that said that it was not. Most articles do not agree with you. Also, me, Momopi and others I know have eaten soy for decades everyday, yet we did not suffer any bad effects from it. How do you explain that?

Momopi, an advisor here, says soy is ok as long as it's in moderation. So why should I listen to you over him?

What do you suggest when different people give different advice?

Some data given here is clearly false too, such as what Globetrotter said, as I explained in the other thread.

Odbo, is your position that everyone who bashes me is automatically in the right?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

So if you're not going to take advice from members , WHY OH WHY in the world would you keep asking for it then. See the brilliant logic you come up sometimes. If you don't feel obligated to ask for advice then DON'T ASK FOR IT, it's so simple yet so complex with you. What are we all suppose to do.. give you the same answer and give you a pad on the back for your troubles. You really do keep bringing things on yourself, odbo's sequence of your actions here are completely right. I couldn't have said it any better

If i ask for advice, i expect to hear different answers since after all we're all different personalities here. Not looking for someone to sympathize with me or anything, i just expect honesty.

So if you're going to take any advice , take this with you. DON'T ASK FOR ADVICE . I'm glad i was of help

** By the way your first post had 20 questions yes i said that right 20 questions in it (not including your headline.) You see what i mean, who actually has the time to answer every little annoying thing you ask. **
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

well-informed wrote:So if you're not going to take advice from members , WHY OH WHY in the world would you keep asking for it then. See the brilliant logic you come up sometimes. If you don't feel obligated to ask for advice then DON'T ASK FOR IT, it's so simple yet so complex with you. What are we all suppose to do.. give you the same answer and give you a pad on the back for your troubles. You really do keep bringing things on yourself, odbo's sequence of your actions here are completely right. I couldn't have said it any better

If i ask for advice, i expect to hear different answers since after all we're all different personalities here. Not looking for someone to sympathize with me or anything, i just expect honesty.

So if you're going to take any advice , take this with you. DON'T ASK FOR ADVICE . I'm glad i was of help

** By the way your first post had 20 questions yes i said that right 20 questions in it (not including your headline.) You see what i mean, who actually has the time to answer every little annoying thing you ask. **
Are you all brawn and no brain? lol

I ask for advice or suggestions cause I like to hear input. Then I analyze and factor in the input, accepting the good advice and rejecting the bad. Isn't that the most sensible and logical thing to do?

I never said that I ask for advice fully knowing well in advance that I will reject it all. If a king or president asks his board of advisors for advice, still it's up to HIM to make the final decision. It's the same principle. Understand? Is the king or president OBLIGATED to follow whatever his advisors say?

So according to your pea brain, either I don't ask for advice at all, or I ask for it and obey everything everyone tells me, right? lol. You are so dumb.

What's wrong with collecting data by asking for suggestions or ideas and factoring them in? People who give surveys do that. Then they compile statistics like "27 percent of people say this...", "75 percent of people prefer this..." etc. You see how that works? Asking a lot of opinions gives me a bigger picture of things. Do you see the logic in that?

So if I'm not obligated to follow everyone's advice, then why do many ACT like I am?

Odbo, I challenge you to give one example that fits those 6 things you outlined.

1) You complain about something
2) Change nothing
3) Complain about it some more
4) Ask for advice
5) Don't follow the advice nor your own ideas
6) Complain about the situation AND the advice you got

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

This is what has worked for me:

I ask for advice and get all sorts.
I sieve through all of them, compare and choose the best ones.
I analyze them against my own wisdom
I pray to the Gods above for additional guidance
I take action based on all that ready to change my course if anything happens.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ErikHeaven
Experienced Poster

Post by ErikHeaven »

I think Winston based upon what you write that you suffer from the disease of over analyzing things. Or procrastination. Anyway i will stay away from giving you advice in the future even if you ask as it seems to spread so much controversy on here. I rarely ask for advice as i know my inner mind has all the answers anyway. Peace Winston.