The Tillman Story (documentary)

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
odbo
Veteran Poster

The Tillman Story (documentary)

Post by odbo »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Tillman

This deleted Scene from Family Guy actually shows the truth about his death

tags: Pat Tillman, reasons not to join the military.
viewtopic.php?t=8467
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Someone told me that Tillman actually had a high IQ and was a gifted intellectual. There is a book about him too. But if that's so, I wonder, why would he join a false war started by evil criminals because he felt it was his patriotic duty and family honor, since he came from a military family? Isn't that how sheep do things? Why would a genius do something wrong and bad simply due to tradition and patriotic duty, when any freethinker can see that it's a sham? What kind of genius would do that? I don't get it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

Pat Tillman was very smart and he was also a free thinker. He turned down a contract with the NFL that would have paid him multi-millions of dollars annually to join the military. He turned sharply against the war and had come around to Noam Chomsky's views on it and according to some was going to speak out publicly when his military tour was over. Pat Tillman was one of the most admirable Americans of the past generation imo, a man of honor, integrity and great character.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

FreeYourMind wrote:Pat Tillman was very smart and he was also a free thinker. He turned down a contract with the NFL that would have paid him multi-millions of dollars annually to join the military. He turned sharply against the war and had come around to Noam Chomsky's views on it and according to some was going to speak out publicly when his military tour was over. Pat Tillman was one of the most admirable Americans of the past generation imo, a man of honor, integrity and great character.
Yes, and that may have been the reason he was killed by the scum who shot him in broad daylight at point blank range -- because he was transparently a better man than they were. But the Army has made sure that can't be proven. The kennels that house the dogs of war are not open for investigation.

Or maybe he was killed for PR purposes. Supposedly, he had a meeting set up with Chomsky. Having him speak out against the war circa 2004 would have been a PR nightmare for the Bush administration.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If Tillman was a freethinker, then why did he join the Iraq War? A freethinker can see that the war is a sham without participating in it first. It's obvious common sense.

Risking your life out of family tradition doesn't make sense either. A freethinker or intellectual doesn't do that kind of thing. A soldier has nothing to gain in a war and everything to lose. Thus he has to be brainwashed and forget logic, in order to agree to go to war. Tillman couldn't have been very bright if he was brainwashed that easily.

On what basis did the NFL coaches say that he was an intellectual? Doesn't it take one to know one?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Noam Chomsky says that Pat Tillman wanted to meet with him.