Asian guys and Middle Eastern girls - Racism?

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Asian guys and Middle Eastern girls - Racism?

Post by zboy1 »

Has anyone ever seen Asian men with Middle Eastern girls? I think the combination is kinda intriguing. I know Yu Darvish is half Iranian (fathers side) and half Japanese. I've never seen such a pairing myself. I found a Youtube video with some Asian/Iranian/ME couples:

The interesting thing is, many of the comments coming from Iranian and Middle Eastern people (both the males and females) are viciously racist towards Asians: comments like we're ugly, calling us chinks, gooks, and telling Asians to stick with our kind. I never knew Persians and Mid East people had that much hatred and prejudice towards Asian people. Do they have some kinda beef with Asians that I'm not aware of? I know they don't like Jews, but I'm not sure where the hate towards Asians come from. On other related interracial videos starring Asian men with other ethnicities (such as Blacks/Latinas/Jews), the comments were overwhelmingly positive--even from the men. Why the hate?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Middle Easterners are Asian people, too.

Hmm, I lived in the Middle East for 10 years and there were Japanese, Chinese and all other nationalities of Mongolian stock. I speak Arabic pretty well and I never heard anything of the kind. Mongolian looking Saudis are quite a common site around Jeddah/Mecca. In Iran Turkmen who are quite Mongolian looking are quite common.
In Islamic countries there seems to be low prejudice based on race, but more on citizenship and religion.
Now, if you talk about hyphenated Americans, well then there is prejudice across the board from anyone to anyone.

However, when I was in Thailand, they call all Semitic and Indian looking people Kaak- they can't tell an Indian from an Arab from an Iranian and there is prejudice against them as there is in Japan. In Vietnam they call Iranians cockroaches.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ladislav wrote:Middle Easterners are Asian people, too.

Hmm, I lived in the Middle East for 10 years and there were Japanese, Chinese and all other nationalities of Mongolian stock. I speak Arabic pretty well and I never heard anything of the kind. Mongolian looking Saudis are quite a common site around Jeddah/Mecca. In Iran Turkmen who are quite Mongolian looking are quite common.
In Islamic countries there seems to be low prejudice based on race, but more on citizenship and religion.
Now, if you talk about hyphenated Americans, well then there is prejudice across the board from anyone to anyone.

However, when I was in Thailand, they call all Semitic and Indian looking people Kaak- they can't tell an Indian from an Arab from an Iranian and there is prejudice against them as there is in Japan. In Vietnam they call Iranians cockroaches.
Strange thing is, many Middle Easterners believe they are Caucasian and not Asian! Some of the Middle Easterners commenting on the video emphatically states so! Also, one of my former bosses that I used to work was Jordanian and he said he was Caucasian and not Asian.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Ladislav, maybe it's different with Arabs. I don't know any Persians, but could it be they are more xenophobic and racist than their Arab counterparts? Maybe the extreme nature of the Iranian regime has something to do with it? Or could it be just a bunch of rude Americanized Iranians/Middle Easterners commenting on the video that's the problem?
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

It HAS to be Americanized people commenting. If they are calling Asians chinks and gooks, those are American derogatory terms. They could only be learned from American media or American soldiers if they are stationed in that country. The same as how many Filipinos use the term nigger to refer to blacks, having no idea how derogatory is is. It's simply what they are used to hearing other Americans use to refer to blacks.

These terms like Asian and Caucasian are also American terms and the most meaningless words around, designed for confusion and division. Asian is a politically correct term to replace "oriental" which is somehow offensive now. In Japan, they have a word "toyojin", it describes people who look like them, Koreans, CHinese etc. ORIENTAL. It does not translate as Asian, which includes Armenians, Turks, white russians etc.

The term caucasian is equally meaningless. How many white people alive today can truly trace their roots to those tribes hailing from the caucasus mountains? Those who DO hail from there, do not necessarily look like Angli Saxon or germanic peoples. It is more confusion thrown into the mix. American political correctness and racial categorizing infecting other countries and peoples.

Some Japanese still believe black people have tails. Where'd they learn that?
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The_Adventurer wrote: These terms like Asian and Caucasian are also American terms and the most meaningless words around, designed for confusion and division. Asian is a politically correct term to replace "oriental" which is somehow offensive now. In Japan, they have a word "toyojin", it describes people who look like them, Koreans, CHinese etc. ORIENTAL. It does not translate as Asian, which includes Armenians, Turks, white russians etc.

The term caucasian is equally meaningless. How many white people alive today can truly trace their roots to those tribes hailing from the caucasus mountains? Those who DO hail from there, do not necessarily look like Angli Saxon or germanic peoples. It is more confusion thrown into the mix. American political correctness and racial categorizing infecting other countries and peoples.

My thoughts exactly. Again, these are Americans commenting. They have been infected with the virus. Toyojin in Japanese literally means "Far Eastern person". How can it be Eurocentric to call people Far Easterners if the Japanese themselves use that word with Chinese characters in it and do so without any wounded pride syndrome? Guess what else? the Japanese also have the terms "Yellow race" and "Colored race" with reference to themselves and they carry those words without any connotation of inferiority or superiority.

The Jordanian said he was a Caucasian, not Asian? Well, because according to the US system he was, but the US apartheid and scientifically incorrect and totally arbitrary taxonomy only works in the USA through mass consensus.

Every country has its own taxonomy to classify people. For example, in the former USSR the term Asian was used for any indigenous Asian people who were from past the Urals and on the other side of the Bosphorus. In school they did not use the term Caucasian, they would say Europoid, Mongoloid and Negroid. Caucasians are Georgians, Armenians, etc. They are Asians to Russians. But that is their ethno-geographic, not racial classification.

Turks and Jews were Asians. Russians from Siberia were not, unless they were of the indigenous tribes, simply because they have only been there for a couple of hundred years and most just migrated 150 years ago. Vladivostok is not an Asian city by any stretch of the imagination. The term white people or white Russians is not used in the Russian language traditionally but has become part of it only recently.
So, who and what you are depends on who classifies you. But once it is official where you are at, I guess you have to accept it or go where you are not called by that name. I have done it several times and now I am an Amerikano in the Philippines. You will be amazed how many different ethnicities you can become when you travel. Just go to where they call you by a name that does not hurt and does not deprive you of sex, friendship, jobs and polite treatment.

You can drive yourself nuts trying to figure out all these arbitrary classifications and it is silly to devote your life to attempting to refute them. Too ingrained. Just find out where you can go so that there is a girl, the sea, good food and where people treat you well.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

ladislav wrote:
The_Adventurer wrote: These terms like Asian and Caucasian are also American terms and the most meaningless words around, designed for confusion and division. Asian is a politically correct term to replace "oriental" which is somehow offensive now. In Japan, they have a word "toyojin", it describes people who look like them, Koreans, CHinese etc. ORIENTAL. It does not translate as Asian, which includes Armenians, Turks, white russians etc.

My thoughts exactly. Again, these are Americans commenting. They have been infected with the virus. Toyojin in Japanese literally means "Far Eastern person". How can it be Eurocentric to call people Far Easterners if the Japanese themselves use that word with Chinese characters in it and do so without any wounded pride syndrome? Guess what else? the Japanese also have the terms "Yellow race" and "Colored race" with reference to themselves and they carry those words without any connotation of inferiority or superiority.

The Jordanian said he was a Caucasian, not Asian? Well, because according to the US system he was, but the US apartheid and scientifically incorrect and totally arbitrary taxonomy only works in the USA through mass consensus.

Every country has its own taxonomy to classify people. For example, in the former USSR the term Asian was used for any indigenous Asian people who were from past the Urals and on the other side of the Bosphorus. In school they did not use the term Caucasian, they would say Europoid, Mongoloid and Negroid. Caucasians are Georgians, Armenians, etc. They are Asians to Russians. But that is their ethno-geographic, not racial classification.

Turks and Jews were Asians. Russians from Siberia were not, unless they were of the indigenous tribes, simply because they have only been there for a couple of hundred years and most just migrated 150 years ago. Vladivostok is not an Asian city by any stretch of the imagination. The term white people or white Russians is not used in the Russian language traditionally but has become part of it only recently.
So, who and what you are depends on who classifies you. But once it is official where you are at, I guess you have to accept it or go where you are not called by that name. I have done it several times and now I am an Amerikano in the Philippines. You will be amazed how many different ethnicities you can become when you travel. Just go to where they call you by a name that does not hurt and does not deprive you of sex, friendship, jobs and polite treatment.

You can drive yourself nuts trying to figure out all these arbitrary classifications and it is silly to devote your life to attempting to refute them. Too ingrained. Just find out where you can go so that there is a girl, the sea, good food and where people treat you well.
Ladislav, being the scholar that you are, I think you can figure this out rather easily.

What was the title of the ancient Persian Emperor? ... It was the Shah of *the Aryans*. And this was from even before Cyrus the Great. Much anthropological evidence indicates this to be the case. Remember, the ancient Persian prophet, Zoroaster, was from Soviet Central Asia, near the Aral Sea in the present-day Kazakh/Uzbek regions. This area was ruled by Imperial Russia since the middle ages.

Yes, long before the rise of modern Europe and Romanov Russia, there was an ancient Empire of *white people* ruling the entire near east from India, to Greece, to Russia, to the Sudan. Thus, not all members of the Empire were equal to the white Persians. There was an active pecking order in place.

Then, fast forward to the 700-800s AD. The Persian Empire is completely demolished by the armies of the first Caliphate of Babylon, forcing Arab (Muslim rule) upon a formerly white ruled nation-state Empire. Later on, in the 1200-1300s, the vast territory of Central Asia is then taken by Mongols and then later, the Romanovs. This effectively destroys the Persian Empire in its entirety.

Can you see where this is going? The remaining *whites* developed resentment against Arabs, Indians, and Mongols and then, as we entered more modern times, we have this sort of Balkanization of the near east where people hate one another based upon skin color, religion, and Asiatic (epicanthic eyes) features. The folks speaking a type of Farsi dialect have the most internal rage, as they see themselves as the original Aryans, who'd lost their *whiteness* to other peoples around them.

In contrast, I think America has more hope than the above.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

S_Parc wrote: Can you see where this is going? The remaining *whites* developed resentment against Arabs, Indians, and Mongols and then, as we entered more modern times, we have this sort of Balkanization of the near east where people hate one another based upon skin color, religion, and Asiatic (epicanthic eyes) features. The folks speaking a type of Farsi dialect have the most internal rage, as they see themselves as the original Aryans, who'd lost their *whiteness* to other peoples around them.
A lot of it is basic in group/out group sociology too. Arabs and Persians have developed an enormous chip on their shoulder because of the perceived western world's distrust of muslims and people coming from that region of the world. So when they immigrate to countries like the U.S. or to European nations they harbor a lot of anger and resentment towards "competing" minorities too. People that believe they are on the low end of the global hierarchy tend to try to turn their disenfranchisement on others. Asians are an easy target for these people because Asians are culturally and physically different and only a small percentage of the population in the U.S. Arabs and middle easterners can also more readily blend into the white mainstream.

These Americanized middle easterners adopt bigotry/prejudice to "fit in" with the white mainstream. A lot of it is just insecurity. It's the same reason why Irish-Americans were known to be virulent racists during the turn of the century. They turned a lot of their anger and resentment onto blacks and other non-white immigrants to try and become accepted into the "white" dominant "in group" status quo.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Repatriate wrote:
S_Parc wrote: Can you see where this is going? The remaining *whites* developed resentment against Arabs, Indians, and Mongols and then, as we entered more modern times, we have this sort of Balkanization of the near east where people hate one another based upon skin color, religion, and Asiatic (epicanthic eyes) features. The folks speaking a type of Farsi dialect have the most internal rage, as they see themselves as the original Aryans, who'd lost their *whiteness* to other peoples around them.
A lot of it is basic in group/out group sociology too. Arabs and Persians have developed an enormous chip on their shoulder because of the perceived western world's distrust of muslims and people coming from that region of the world. So when they immigrate to countries like the U.S. or to European nations they harbor a lot of anger and resentment towards "competing" minorities too. People that believe they are on the low end of the global hierarchy tend to try to turn their disenfranchisement on others. Asians are an easy target for these people because Asians are culturally and physically different and only a small percentage of the population in the U.S. Arabs and middle easterners can also more readily blend into the white mainstream.

These Americanized middle easterners adopt bigotry/prejudice to "fit in" with the white mainstream. A lot of it is just insecurity. It's the same reason why Irish-Americans were known to be virulent racists during the turn of the century. They turned a lot of their anger and resentment onto blacks and other non-white immigrants to try and become accepted into the "white" dominant "in group" status quo.
Sure, it's all true, however, Persians are the only group of people, who have the ancient Aryan, Hitler's moniker, as their historic identity card from the actual annals of history. Hitler never showed the link between Teutonic "Germanic" nations and Aryanism.

And Persians and Turks, or Persians and Armenians, link up, as groups, against Arabs.

Thus, it goes even beyond normal bigotry. It's more a type of psychosis where Arabs are the desert dwelling *Tazis* (dogs/jackals) and the east Asians, the Mongolian invaders.

I've never heard of Irish or Italians acting with such venom towards others, esp after the 19th century.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Arabs have been mixing with East Asians (both Northeast and Southeast) for thousands of years.

- Many Malays and Indonesians have Arab, especially Yemeni, descent. Many also have Indian ancestry. This is because Southeast Asia has had intimate trade links with the Middle East for at least 1,500 years.
- Peoples of West Asian or Caucasian phenotypes have been mixing with peoples of Northeast Asian phenotypes for millenia in Central Asia (most of the former Soviet Union, Afghanistan, Mongolia, western China, and so on). Examples of those mixtures include many Turkic peoples, the Hazaras of Afghanistan, and Uzbeks.
- Don't forget Genghis Khan and family.

South Asians mixing with East Asians is also quite common.

- Historically, Indians have mixed with locals in countries that now have significant Indian cultural influence, such as Burma, Thailand, and Cambodia. Also in Vietnam and the Philippines (to lesser degrees).
- Chinese and Indian mixing is common in Mauritius, Reunion, Guyana, and many of their nearby countries and territories. Also happens in Singapore and Malaysia, though to a lesser extent.
- In Nepal and northeast India, peoples of South Asian and East Asian phenotypes have been mixing for thousands of years.
Last edited by Falcon on March 14th, 2012, 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

The Hazara people of Afghanistan have Mongol descent

Uzbek people

Below is an Uzbek singer called Ziyoda. She has East Asian looks but is definitely mixed (phenotypically speaking for Americans; Uzbeks will say they are "pure Uzbek"). She'll be the perfect soulmate for Billy. :wink:

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

When there are so many good looking Asian women running around single why are Asian men worried about other races?????????
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

djfourmoney wrote:When there are so many good looking Asian women running around single why are Asian men worried about other races?????????
Cuz, some Asian men like a little variety in their life. :wink:
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Here in OC, we have significant Persian population. I have a Japanese friend who tried dating a pretty Persian girl, but I think he was told that if ever wanted to marry her, he'd need to convert. It didn't work out.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Falcon, thanks. Yeah she looks very good. But turkish girls are already perfect ;-). Though the maintenance is a problem^^. The more beatiful a girl is the more problems they create.
But Falcon I like how you have a positive global view.

I didn´t know that S_Parc has deep knowledge on the history of the middle east. Like it a lot.

As for racism. For example turks don´t like arabs and iranian people. Though 1/3 third of the iranians are aseri. In the middle east women are expensive goods. And every man there is fighting hard for the woman they don´t want some extra competition from some asian guys.

And there you don´t marry the women but the family. The other problem is the culture. An asian guy will have a problem with integrating in to that culture as it is very different.

It would be easier to deal with south americans as they don´t have a "difficult" culture.