Handsome Men too Hard to Find in China

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Handsome Men too Hard to Find in China

Post by Think Different »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Hmmm...Maybe I should take my self to china! if I'm a 6 or 7 here, I'll be a 10 in china!

Truth is, I've never quite come to the understanding of what's "good" looking about some men, women seem to ever evolve or change the "standers" of what a good looking man is.

In one corner you could have a chubby guy in a suit, but his hair is done well and his face is square enough to pull it off and in the other corner you could have a guy who's ripped and in a tshirt and for some reason they wont like the guy who's in shape for "x" reason, seems all subjective to the emotional state and self confidence of the woman.

I don't know what's going on in china, but I keep hearing seeing and reading china and japan are the hot spots for nice guys looking to get married, I keep telling my self I'll go on a romance tour to china, but the amount of money required just talks me out of it every time...to pay that much at a "chance" you'll meet someone... not to mention the girls who show up for that kind of thing probably require you to have a truck load of money.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Chinese people have absolutely no manners whatsoever. Chinese and Indians are the worst behaved Asians on the planet! They make me ashamed to be called Asians. Why can't they be as well behaved as the Japanese?
JamaicaninChina
Freshman Poster

My Two Yuan

Post by JamaicaninChina »

I'd also add that western and non-Chinese standards of beauty and handsomeness are taking hold in China as well. I'm Jamaican, and my eyes are particularly big and my lashes are long and curl upward. I can't tell you how many girls stopped me on the street just to stare into, compliment and even touch my eyelashes. I wrote an entire essay about it at www.jamaicaninchina.com (check out the left sidebar for popular posts about dating and "traveling while Black!"
I'm not here to convince, justify, defend or apologize for my beliefs, choices or lifestyle. I'm not here for validation, vindication, approval or to respond to personal attacks. I'm here to share a philosophy & formula that worked for me! And in a world of 6 billion, if ONE person can do a thing, then it MUST be possible for at least ONE other person to do the same! Freedom is achievable!
Turn Your Passion Into Profit - http://www.waltgoodridge.com
Jamaican in China blog - http://www.jamaicaninchina.com
onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

become a millionaire....thats the trick...then youll be handsome to every vagina on the planet.
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
emh
Freshman Poster

Post by emh »

It is strange how, in general, Asian men are quite unattractive whereas the women are the opposite. That doesn't seem to be true in other parts of the world.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

today i played streetball. looks like new generation of chinese students arrived. man they look awfull. i could not believe my eyes. good thing was they were not obese. but, boy, they looked terrible. the average was like a 3. i could not believe my eyes. it really hurt. but i remember that the chinese girls were not particularly beautiful. either. all of the students had eye glases. what´s wrong with their eyes?. anway no wonder girls are not mad about them. and don´t even get me started on their teeth. maybe they only need a good hollywood surgeon. aargh. really nasty. looks like i am a shallow bastard ;-)
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

In Asia, men don't have to be 'handsome' to get women. Asian men aren't as concerned with their looks as men from the U.S. or Europe are. Asian women aren't as shallow and judgmental about looks as Western girls are, so there isn't as much pressure for Asian men to have to constantly "up their game" so to speak. But, this is changing of course, as countries in Asia are becoming more Westernized, unfortunately. Nowadays, Asian women are much more demanding than they were 20 or 30 years ago :cry:

Western standards of beauty are becoming much more prevalent in Asia, which is creating the same problems of "lookism" as there is in the Western world; for example, the popularity of skin whitening cream and double eyelid surgery in Asia, and growth clinics specializing in increasing the height of people. This is very sad for me as I don't want Asians becoming as snobby and judgmental as Western people...
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Imperialist attitudes

Post by Falcon »

I wonder what Winston has to say about this.

But beauty (or handsomeness in this case) is in the eye of the beholder. East Asian young men now try to emulate a "Jay Chou look" or Korean boy band look. That is simply not my style. I look different from the "typical" Chinese guy and have actually been called shuaige (帅哥; "handsome guy") by some Chinese women. Lots of Asians and Latinos have also said that my vibe/look is more Latino or Mexican than Taiwanese or Chinese. Female Chinese international students seem to greatly enjoy being around me and often take the initiative to chat me up, so I will likely do very well in China despite the overall gender ratio.
zboy1 wrote:Chinese people have absolutely no manners whatsoever.
Spitting and smoking! :evil: I've heard locals in Taiwan complain about "mainlander habits."
emh wrote:It is strange how, in general, Asian men are quite unattractive whereas the women are the opposite. That doesn't seem to be true in other parts of the world.
This is called American racism and imperialism. It is a legacy of America's wars in Asias, where the males are rival enemies while the females are war brides.

Ask yourself why you find Asian women attractive. I can make the argument that once you know what Latina curves and tans are like, you will be turned off by bony, flat Asian women with repulsive marshmallow-colored skin, since they are absolutely afraid of normal meal portions and sunlight exposure. Similarly, ask yourself why you find Asian men unattractive. It's all based on our subconscious preconceived notions.

When you go to another country, don't hate on the local men - These are imperialist attitudes. I've read lots of BS about how Thai and Filipino men are unfaithful boyfriends and bad husbands, and how white men are the best. Realize that these crude assumptions are unfair to Thai and Filipino men. Make friends with the local males and appreciate them. They can be wonderful lifelong companions if you understand and accept them, and they can help you to get to know their culture. In Mexico, I absolutely appreciate the local men and make friends with them. They are some of the most wonderful people ever. I do not hate on them at all or view them as evil competition. In fact, I usually spend more time around Mexican men than I do around Mexican women.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Falcon--you know as well as anyone (being Asian American)--that a lot of Asian men get insults hurled at us routinely by men of other races all the time. I just try not to let it bother me, that's all

Anyway, I do agree in general that Asian men aren't as attractive as Asian women for some reason. Why this is--I'm not sure? I mean...why are some races taller than others? Why are some races smarter than others? God created the races to have both strengths and weaknesses, with some races blessed with physical strength and attributes, while other races such as Asians and Jews--blessed with intelligence and good business skills. And people should proud of who they are and embrace their differences. I just can't stand the self-hating types--whether they be Black, White, Asian, Jew or whatever--they need to have their heads examined.
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

zboy1 wrote:Anyway, I do agree in general that Asian men aren't as attractive as Asian women for some reason. Why this is--I'm not sure? I mean...why are some races taller than others? Why are some races smarter than others? God created the races to have both strengths and weaknesses, with some races blessed with physical strength and attributes, while other races such as Asians and Jews--blessed with intelligence and good business skills. And people should proud of who they are and embrace their differences. I just can't stand the self-hating types--whether they be Black, White, Asian, Jew or whatever--they need to have their heads examined.
Asians have a small and soft appearance, traits which are only considered attractive in women.

There are so many self-loving Whites, it's hard to see how there would be any self-hating ones anywhere in the world. When Whites aren't a part of the majority of the populous in a country, they are usually treated specially due to possessing superior financial resources. Perhaps Whites suffering from post colonial guilt, but can you really describe them as being self-haters? I would consider a self-hater someone who longs to be or look like another race, like an Asian or African American who uses skin lightening creams.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

lavezzi wrote:
zboy1 wrote:Anyway, I do agree in general that Asian men aren't as attractive as Asian women for some reason. Why this is--I'm not sure? I mean...why are some races taller than others? Why are some races smarter than others? God created the races to have both strengths and weaknesses, with some races blessed with physical strength and attributes, while other races such as Asians and Jews--blessed with intelligence and good business skills. And people should proud of who they are and embrace their differences. I just can't stand the self-hating types--whether they be Black, White, Asian, Jew or whatever--they need to have their heads examined.
Asians have a small and soft appearance, traits which are only considered attractive in women.

There are so many self-loving Whites, it's hard to see how there would be any self-hating ones anywhere in the world. When Whites aren't a part of the majority of the populous in a country, they are usually treated specially due to possessing superior financial resources. Perhaps Whites suffering from post colonial guilt, but can you really describe them as being self-haters? I would consider a self-hater someone who longs to be or look like another race, like an Asian or African American who uses skin lightening creams.
So, what are you inferring? That white people are superior to other races. If that's what you're thinking--well you entitled to your opinion, though I disagree. Some people would call that "white privilege," and see that as a form of racism, especially from some of the Black members on the forum. For me, I don't have a problem with people expressing their racial points of view since I'm a big believer in free speech.

As for there not being any examples of self-hating whites, I would have to disagree. It may be true in Europe, but I see tons of self-hating whites here in the U.S. and Canada. And they're your typical self-loathing white-guilt liberals like Tim Wise. Here's an example:

Here's a clip from Tyler Banks show about two white kids hating their own race:

lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

zboy1 wrote:So, what are you inferring? That white people are superior to other races. If that's what you're thinking--well you entitled to your opinion, though I disagree. Some people would call that "white privilege," and see that as a form of racism, especially from some of the Black members on the forum. For me, I don't have a problem with people expressing their racial points of view since I'm a big believer in free speech.
No one is superior to anyone else, but there are certainly many things in the world which allow people to feel that they are. In poorer countries this is mostly to do with finances i.e. social class, but in first world countries where money is less of an issue it's extended to how much smarter, tougher, more attractive, taller etc a person is than the next. This promotes widespread individualism and narcissism among those situated in rich countries.

If you're a White person speaking to a non-White American, it's very hard to discuss racial issues without being accused of being a White supremacist because of how overly race-conscious Americans have been bred to be. I've talked to many African nationals who've emigrated to my country, and I've noticed how they posses no defensiveness about their race whatsoever, which is the polar opposite of my observations as to how most Black Americans are.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

lavezzi wrote: If you're a White person speaking to a non-White American, it's very hard to discuss racial issues without being accused of being a White supremacist because of how overly race-conscious Americans have been bred to be. I've talked to many African nationals who've emigrated to my country, and I've noticed how they posses no defensiveness about their race whatsoever, which is the polar opposite of my observations as to how most Black Americans are.
Well no kidding. In your example the Africans CHOSE to immigrate to a western country and probably went through an extensive process to do so and the ones best equipped to succeed were allowed in. In the case of African-Americans their history is full of violence, failure, and discrimination by the powers that be. It's created a permanent "underclass" of disenfranchised people who harbor a lot of anger. That rift will probably never totally heal and that's why African-Americans are so reactionary and often times hypocritical about race too.

America's colonial/institutionalized racism has really poisoned the well for many generations. I'm surprised it's not even a bigger problem. During the civil rights era the reason why the laws were finally passed (even though a lot of the American population didn't care for it) was because the country was literally teetering on the brink of a complete social meltdown during a critical time during the cold war.