Join John Adams Mon and Wed nights 7:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

Share This Page

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Elegance Theme       Dark Theme

Polygamy and polyamory for men in a healthy society, including traditionalist

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: Polygamy and polyamory for men in a healthy society, including traditionalist

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Bonus metaphysical stuff:
I actually think we all have *spiritual* gender opposite soulmates that are linked to our energy bodies, and that a lot of the issues with anima projection onto individual women is often a manifestation of our inner spiritual knowledge of that.
I don't have any religious beliefs or see the logic in "faith," personally, but got close enough to an NDE once and had some other experiences where the old Germanic or Norse concept of the "Fylgja" became convincing to me.
Do you happen to know anything about that from your knowledge of Europe, by the way? It's a theoretically thorny issue when religion comes into the picture, but that stuff comes from our early pre-Christian pagan lore to be sure (the goddess Freya and the kundalini and so on where this was known to the ancient Indian/Aryan traditions as well), but I think there was a strong amount of lore that got carried over via what's been termed the Germanification of Christianity, where the old traditions and metaphysical lore got woven in to new forms inside the Vatican and Europe to avoid total eradication...
@Lucas88 and @Pixel--Dude sound like they studied more of that old lore vs the agenda of Abrahamic religions. (I'm in favor of us all getting along with the "people of the book," in theory, as long as they're not in the psychotic synagogue of satan anti-gentilism camp, but still curious what each of the independent thinkers here might know on the subject...)
I've had lots of metaphysical interactions with other beings. In particular I've had a conversation with Shiva during a psychedelic experience where he gave me lots of advice about my personal circumstances which really helped me cope at time.

The old gnostics believed that the Christian God was an enemy of humanity whose goal was to keep humanity imprisoned here in the physical world. This is where the idea of the soul trap comes from where angelic beings approach the person having the NDE and convince them to willingly go with them. They will pose as angels of God if you're Christian, ascended masters if you're New Age. Etc.

Most of the old Gnostic and Pagan occultic knowledge was destroyed by Christians and Muslims across the globe. These fanatical demons burned libraries to the ground in order to remove any knowledge about the occult we had gathered so they could replace it with their Jewish slave religion.

I believe ancient mythologies all recount the same story which was told in Sumer. The story of Enki and Anu. How Enki sought to elevate man to his rightful status of godhood and how Anu wanted to keep mankind living as servants in obscurity, never to reach their full potential. The Fylgja you mentioned could well have been demonic in nature, trying to convince you to go with them and taking on a form which you might be most likely to accept. Of course we need the full extent of your NDE to make any accurate assumptions about what you saw...

Interestingly (trying to keep this on topic) the ancient gods and goddesses enjoyed relationships with multiple partners and even had multiple wives or husbands. And these are the gods and goddesses who taught humanity everything about how to live civilised lives. I believe Shiva was one of these gods. Shiva enjoyed the poon but that doesn't make him evil, he's one of the wisest gods in the entire pantheon! So if this is the case does that mean how humanity conceives of moral love being a monogamous relationship is flawed and inaccurate?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Re: Polygamy and polyamory for men in a healthy society, including traditionalist

Post by WilliamSmith »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
July 3rd, 2022, 10:14 am
[youtube]https://youtu.be/8saU6LaMwQU[/youtube]

Here is a video of a guy who was an incel and then he met his perfect woman and married her. Later they had the idea of bringing other women into the bedroom and now they're a married couple with 7 girlfriends lol. What do you guys reckon to this?
Nice contribution, thanks @Pixel--Dude !
I haven't watched the whole thing yet.
Hey Lucas88 what do you think of this curvy babe Luana here in the first part of the video? She sort of reminds me of some of the other curvy girls you posted in your thread. :mrgreen:
(PS no big deal if they embed, but I noticed embedding videos in a post only works if you get the .com version of the jewtube videos and not the .be version) :) :
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

WilliamSmith wrote:
July 3rd, 2022, 3:02 pm
Hey Lucas88 what do you think of this curvy babe Luana here in the first part of the video? She sort of reminds me of some of the other curvy girls you posted in your thread. :mrgreen:
Luana looks nice with that short stature and her thick curvy figure. She is about average for a Brazilian but in Latin American countries like Brazil even average chicks are often quite banging and get me hard really quickly.

I love Brazil and its people. Brazilian Portuguese was a candidate together with Spanish for my first foreign language but I decided to go with Spanish since it is spoken across more countries and by more people and I already had cultural contact with Spain. But there was still a possibility that I could have chosen Brazilian Portuguese and become a Lusophone fanatic much like I am a Hispanophone fanatic in this present actualized version of reality. I really like the phonology and structure of BP. For me it sounds a bit like an exotic and somewhat quirky Spanish dialect. The only reason why I haven't seriously studied BP despite occasionally watching movies in the language is because it's so similar to Spanish to the point that studying it quickly becomes boring. Otherwise I would have easily learned it by now. Brazil is definitely on my list of worthy Latin countries and Brazilian Portuguese in my category of respected superior languages, even if it is just Spanish spoken while drunk :lol: .

Now back to the topic at hand. Brazilian women are exceptionally attractive. They are on par with girls from Colombia and Venezuela. I'm extremely resentful that I grew up in the UK with ugly-ass, low-quality, semi-masculine Anglo bitches. I'm even envious of guys from countries like Brazil and Colombia who are blessed with so many sexy, high-quality, feminine Latin women. Yeah, I'm pretty damn resentful!

Fortunately I belong to a racial group in which the men are generally much more attractive and of higher quality than the women -- the European race (granted the English are generally of low quality by European standards but I consider myself European first and foremost and certainly not an Anglo chump). I therefore understand my value as a Caucasian European male in other parts of the world and don't have any use for any ugly-ass Anglo bitch. I can attract way better females in Latin America and that includes Brazil too! Sorry Anglo bitches, I'm higher than most of you in the international dating market and you can all kiss my ass!

But yeah, @WilliamSmith, Luana and those other Brazilian girls are lovely. Gatinhas demais!

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

A quick update on this: I have learned a bit about the West African nations where polygamy is still practiced, and while it's not out of the question, there is often a whole bunch of drama with the different wives being upset and jealous and squabbling with the other wives. :o
Yeah, sounds totally obvious, but hey, if you're born in a land where the men are masculine enough but you still hear total lies like "men want sex, but women want security," or how the way to get women is supposedly to "get a good job" or something (??? :? ), how do you really know what actually works until you research it and find out what other successful men have tried? :D

Anyway, I've heard it said that we men are wired for polygamy (i.e. "I get to bang these 3-5 hot chicks... but no one else does, just me, so you understand...") and that women are wired for serial monogamy.

I don't want to get into the subject of the theocratic Islamic nations because they vary widely, and I'm not against Muslims and am even with you jihadis if you're with us humans against the synagogue of satan jews, but some of those countries where sexuality is demonized are very whacky with tons of homosexuality and the young men jumping on sheep and goats and monitor lizards, as are parts of India, so I don't want to deal with that mess, LOL.

But basically: I see black African countries as way better and less f***ed up, and yet I don't really think I'm going to ever try polygamy anywhere.

What women (even in the "West") often will accept is if you have a woman who is "queen of the hill" but knows you have other women on the side who are not in that #1 position, as long as you've been totally honest with her about that from the start.
(Not saying you have to bring it up on the 1st date or anything, but I'm aware of cases where the cheaters end up with massive drama and emotional upset, and also the supposed hodler men who then later try to propose getting more side women after initially setting up something on a monogamous pretext also get massive drama and emotional upset...)

So the way I see it (until I learn better?), the "queen of the hill" model with allowed side women can work. Some of the other videos the guys posted show happy families full of multiple wives, but thinking of specific women with strong (what they sometimes call "dominant") personalities, I really just have my doubts about that working.... :D
Even if I'm not in @Outcast9428's category of idealism, I sort of am the borderland of wishing I could do monogamy but know I just can't (at least not yet). :mrgreen:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/

Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

WilliamSmith wrote:
October 30th, 2022, 11:34 pm
A quick update on this: I have learned a bit about the West African nations where polygamy is still practiced, and while it's not out of the question, there is often a whole bunch of drama with the different wives being upset and jealous and squabbling with the other wives. :o
Yeah, sounds totally obvious, but hey, if you're born in a land where the men are masculine enough but you still hear total lies like "men want sex, but women want security," or how the way to get women is supposedly to "get a good job" or something (??? :? ), how do you really know what actually works until you research it and find out what other successful men have tried? :D

Anyway, I've heard it said that we men are wired for polygamy (i.e. "I get to bang these 3-5 hot chicks... but no one else does, just me, so you understand...") and that women are wired for serial monogamy.

I don't want to get into the subject of the theocratic Islamic nations because they vary widely, and I'm not against Muslims and am even with you jihadis if you're with us humans against the synagogue of satan jews, but some of those countries where sexuality is demonized are very whacky with tons of homosexuality and the young men jumping on sheep and goats and monitor lizards, as are parts of India, so I don't want to deal with that mess, LOL.

But basically: I see black African countries as way better and less f***ed up, and yet I don't really think I'm going to ever try polygamy anywhere.

What women (even in the "West") often will accept is if you have a woman who is "queen of the hill" but knows you have other women on the side who are not in that #1 position, as long as you've been totally honest with her about that from the start.
(Not saying you have to bring it up on the 1st date or anything, but I'm aware of cases where the cheaters end up with massive drama and emotional upset, and also the supposed hodler men who then later try to propose getting more side women after initially setting up something on a monogamous pretext also get massive drama and emotional upset...)

So the way I see it (until I learn better?), the "queen of the hill" model with allowed side women can work. Some of the other videos the guys posted show happy families full of multiple wives, but thinking of specific women with strong (what they sometimes call "dominant") personalities, I really just have my doubts about that working.... :D
Even if I'm not in @Outcast9428's category of idealism, I sort of am the borderland of wishing I could do monogamy but know I just can't (at least not yet). :mrgreen:
I don't know if men are naturally wired for polygyny... I could never be polygynous. I've heard some guys on 4chan mentioning wanting to do something with chromosomes and fertility treatment so that 4 girls would be born for every guy and every guy could basically have a harem of girls...

That kind of world sounds horrifying to me. I am so glad that God didn't design the world that way. That he designed the world so every man/woman could have one man/woman to be their spouse. The bond that exclusivity creates between you and the girl is amazing. Also, the guilt that I would feel for partially depriving my girlfriend of her sexual needs would tear me to pieces. Her sex drive is even higher then mine is somehow, if my attention was split between her and another girl, she would feel neglected and deprived.

That's another thing about polygyny, people advocating for it seem to just assume that girls' sex drive is low and that men's sex drive is high. The implication is basically that women wouldn't mind getting less sex in a marriage and that polygyny would allow for the man to have all the sex he wants whilst not burdening the women with the expectation that she alone fully meet her husband's sexual needs. The truth is though, in a healthy relationship, your girlfriend will crave 100% of your passion and attention for herself. If she doesn't feel that way then there's something wrong with the relationship. A human being can only have so many relationships in general. If you had 100 friends then there's no way you could make your friendship with any of those people special, if you really did pay attention to all 100 of your friends. The only way you can create a special friendship, is to neglect some of those 100 friends or stop being friends entirely. The same thing applies to a sexual relationship except it is much more exclusive. It is entirely possible to have multiple, deep friendships. It isn't possible to have multiple, deep sexual relationships. People may find it "satisfying enough" but it simply will never be the same as having a sexual relationship with only one person, putting in that person, your complete trust and faith that they, and they alone, will satisfy your needs.

Apparently Nigerian women commit adultery at an astonishingly high rate, something like 70%, because a lot of guys in polygynous marriages will only have sex with their favorite girl while almost completely neglecting the others. So women in polygynous marriages there end up seeking other partners. I detest adultery, but I don't blame them for doing this... In my mind, her husband is literally living in adultery by claiming to be married to more then one woman. His marriage is a sham, nothing more then a pretext for what is essentially constant casual sex. For him to be the victim of his own actions is only karmic justice.

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Outcast9428 wrote:
October 31st, 2022, 12:56 am
I don't know if men are naturally wired for polygyny... I could never be polygynous. I've heard some guys on 4chan mentioning wanting to do something with chromosomes and fertility treatment so that 4 girls would be born for every guy and every guy could basically have a harem of girls...
Your entire response was very interesting and appreciated, but there is one aspect I wanted to sort of "bookmark" so I don't forget (I am overclocking myself lately online and offline :o ), which is the theoretic biological basis of our proclivities toward polyamory vs monogamy.........

@Lucas88, any thoughts on this?

@Outcast9428 mentioned his father and multiple generations were monogamous, so it literally might be in his blood to do that.

I have heard a bunch of people talking about how our northern "Germanic" genetic groups tended to practice more monogamous marriage customs for huge spans of time before our (then) mortal enemies the latrinos of the Roman Empire f***ed us up and enslaved us.
P.S. No offense to the Latinos and Latinas that Lucas88 likes who I'm not talking about, but I'm talking about those oleaginous Greco-Romans down there who were always invading our northern barbarian lands and slaughtering us and forcing our women and children into sexual slavery in their greasy shithole Roman Empire and so on with their buggery and togas and columns and other bullshit until the jews f***ed them up from inside out and they got their perverted asses smashed by other invading barbarian tribes (hahah, served them right, pompous greco-roman sodomite assholes), not the good people we call "Latino/Latina" today from "down south." :)

But anyway... that's for the whole Germanic groups and what I've heard was their inclination toward monogamy, but I learned something funny about my own "heritage":
My family on my Dad's side is tough as nails and total churls and peasants from rock bottom and like something out of Robert E. Howard's dialect Westerns who came to the early jewnited states something like the 1920s.... but on the other side of the family: There is this guy in my family tree with this dapper British looking suit and a white mustache I've only seen one picture of. But his family (woman and two daughters) ran away from him around something like the post WW1 era to come here. For some time we never knew why that was. So I wondered if he was a horrible person or abuser and there was some kind of skeleton in the closet..... ??
But guess what? :mrgreen:
It turns out the scandal that made them run away from him was not that he abused them, it was: He was a secret polygamist (but the "queen of the hill" found out, and boy was she pissed, like I warned passing on other womanizers' stories about how you will get "drama" if you're not up front about multiple women!!) LOL!!

So I totally disapprove of what he did because in those days that was a religious scandal and it hurt his family, so he shouldn't have done that.... but I still have to wonder if the biology actually makes you more inclined to be a monogamist vs a man who just HAS to have multiple women (know what I mean Lucas88)?

Our jewish friend Mercer may have exposed me as a "fake alpha male," but that true alpha male "The Punisher" Duterte probably hit the nail on the head right here:
"Sometimes you go for the socially correct, but at the end of the day, it all boils down to biology."
:mrgreen:

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

WilliamSmith wrote:
October 31st, 2022, 1:26 am
"Sometimes you go for the socially correct, but at the end of the day, it all boils down to biology."
Gotta love that Visayan candor. :D

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

WilliamSmith wrote:
October 31st, 2022, 1:26 am
I have heard a bunch of people talking about how our northern "Germanic" genetic groups tended to practice more monogamous marriage customs for huge spans of time before our (then) mortal enemies the latrinos of the Roman Empire f***ed us up and enslaved us.
I don't know about Germanic peoples but another large tribal group that inhabited much of Europe, the Celts/Gauls, didn't recognise commitment to a single woman. Boys and girls would start f*cking around as soon as puberty hit and whatever offspring was born out of those acts was brought up collectively, by the entire community. Another curious thing, Celts had a thing for having sex outdoors and during the day, not at nighttime. For them, the idea of doing it at night and in a hidden, indoor place sounded dirty and suspicious.

Ancient Romans were mostly gay LOL, they only saw women as tools for procreation and early-age child rearing.

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

publicduende wrote:
October 31st, 2022, 1:59 pm
I don't know about Germanic peoples but another large tribal group that inhabited much of Europe, the Celts/Gauls, didn't recognise commitment to a single woman. Boys and girls would start f*cking around as soon as puberty hit and whatever offspring was born out of those acts was brought up collectively, by the entire community. Another curious thing, Celts had a thing for having sex outdoors and during the day, not at nighttime. For them, the idea of doing it at night and in a hidden, indoor place sounded dirty and suspicious.
Very interesting stuff @publicduende, thank you very much!

Yeah, the stuff I read on monogamy being an old-time pagan tradition was definitely about Germanic tribes, not the Celtic, but I have a lot of blood from both those "white" groups, so who knows if those old amorous habits of the Celts and/or the scandal of the polygamist from England has affected me. :)

On the interesting subject of collective upbringing you mentioned:

It is also common in some black African nations I like (for example, Ghana and Uganda) for people to have strong family values, but have it be considered normal and healthy for men to go score with the women and have several side women as well as a wife (so I guess that's kind of what I was referring to as the "queen of the hill" model again).

But anyway, often a large extended family is involved raising the children (and having lots of children is considered a good thing)....

I find this interesting, since I've never experienced or seen anything like it in the subverted USA, where there was originally (before my day) a "nuclear family" ideal that was then engineered into total decline with huge divides between generations (even though I did have loving grandparents being born in early 1980s), and failed marriages followed by what's now pretty much the cliche upbringing by a single mom. No whining or self-pity there, just sayin': That's my only experience, so I pretty much only know what not to do, even though I have a lot of respect for single moms who just do their best....

But I've learned since then about the importance of positive male and female role models being present during a child's upbringing are really important to children, and I've read credible work on that and seen a lot of validation of how true that is. Those of us from broken homes or with family problems aren't neccesarily "damaged goods" if we didn't have a father present, for example, but to me it seems like an extended family model could work if there were positive strong male role models present in the family, even if not the father?

What do you guys think?
Opinions welcome, but if there is actually anything to substantiate what you think that would be awesome! You know, besides just trolls citing "black pill" hogwash, or mental giants like fschmidt (and the slightly brainier Cornfed) popping up and saying that psychotic religious nutcase countries full of sexually neurotic pedophile Abrahamic "patriarchs" are "obviously" superior, and yet they can't explain why, since we're all "complete morons who deserve to be executed" as schmidt says, and therefore aren't worth the time, LOL?

@MarcosZeitola, didn't you say you were a father? Any thoughts?

@Pixel--dude you sound like you're a great father, what do you think?

Geez, we need a thread on here about how to be a good father....

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WilliamSmith wrote:
October 31st, 2022, 9:36 pm
publicduende wrote:
Very interesting stuff @publicduende, thank you very much!

Yeah, the stuff I read on monogamy being an old-time pagan tradition was definitely about Germanic tribes, not the Celtic, but I have a lot of blood from both those "white" groups, so who knows if those old amorous habits of the Celts and/or the scandal of the polygamist from England has affected me. :)

On the interesting subject of collective upbringing you mentioned:

It is also common in some black African nations I like (for example, Ghana and Uganda) for people to have strong family values, but have it be considered normal and healthy for men to go score with the women and have several side women as well as a wife (so I guess that's kind of what I was referring to as the "queen of the hill" model again).

But anyway, often a large extended family is involved raising the children (and having lots of children is considered a good thing)....

I find this interesting, since I've never experienced or seen anything like it in the subverted USA, where there was originally (before my day) a "nuclear family" ideal that was then engineered into total decline with huge divides between generations (even though I did have loving grandparents being born in early 1980s), and failed marriages followed by what's now pretty much the cliche upbringing by a single mom. No whining or self-pity there, just sayin': That's my only experience, so I pretty much only know what not to do, even though I have a lot of respect for single moms who just do their best....

But I've learned since then about the importance of positive male and female role models being present during a child's upbringing are really important to children, and I've read credible work on that and seen a lot of validation of how true that is. Those of us from broken homes or with family problems aren't neccesarily "damaged goods" if we didn't have a father present, for example, but to me it seems like an extended family model could work if there were positive strong male role models present in the family, even if not the father?

What do you guys think?
Opinions welcome, but if there is actually anything to substantiate what you think that would be awesome! You know, besides just trolls citing "black pill" hogwash, or mental giants like fschmidt (and the slightly brainier Cornfed) popping up and saying that psychotic religious nutcase countries full of sexually neurotic pedophile Abrahamic "patriarchs" are "obviously" superior, and yet they can't explain why, since we're all "complete morons who deserve to be executed" as schmidt says, and therefore aren't worth the time, LOL?

@MarcosZeitola, didn't you say you were a father? Any thoughts?

@Pixel--dude you sound like you're a great father, what do you think?

Geez, we need a thread on here about how to be a good father....
My daughter is being brought up by her mother and her mother's new boyfriend over a hundred miles from where I live. I still make an effort every second weekend to drive down and collect her and bring her up to where I live for a weekend or even longer if I have time off work. I've had my problems with her mother, but thankfully these have never become a major issue with me seeing my child.

We decided to break up and I would move back up north because we didn't get along at all. We had a rocky relationship, despite also caring for each other quite a bit (at least I cared about her anyway) and when our daughter was born we stuck it out a couple of years before our arguments boiled up and started to affect our child. After then we decided mutually that we should separate for the good of our own mental health and for the good of our daughter as well.

I keep in contact with my daughter frequently, through phone calls and WhatsApp messages because I gave her my old phone so we could keep in touch. She does miss me, and I really miss her too. I never wanted to be a father, but since having my daughter everything changed and my life is so much better for having my daughter be a part of it. Parenting is hard, but also one of the most rewarding things! I wouldn't change anything.

Do I think a broken home is detrimental for my child? Not really. She has a wide support network and a lot of people who care about her immensely. She still has both parents in her life often, though I see her less since she started school and I sometimes work weekends. I love being a dad. My kid brings me a lot of joy. :D
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.

Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

publicduende wrote:
Ancient Romans were mostly gay LOL, they only saw women as tools for procreation and early-age child rearing.
I'm curious about what you've said about the Romans and would like to ask you some questions since you seem to know a lot about ancient history.

How prevalent was homosexuality in Roman society? Was it widespread throughout all social strata or was it more of a luxury of the upper class?

If homosexuality was indeed as rampant as you imply and Roman men mostly saw women as tools for procreation and child rearing, what was the reason for that way of thinking? Did Roman men generally find women unbearable and too much of a pain in the ass to be around and therefore prefer sex with effeminate kynaidoi who acted in a feminine manner but without the inane bullshit of an actual woman perhaps in the same vein as how some modern men choose to date shemales because they can't stand dealing with women? Could it have been an ancient MGTOW sentiment of sorts among Roman men? Just curious.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Lucas88 wrote:
November 4th, 2022, 9:38 pm
I'm curious about what you've said about the Romans and would like to ask you some questions since you seem to know a lot about ancient history.

How prevalent was homosexuality in Roman society? Was it widespread throughout all social strata or was it more of a luxury of the upper class?

If homosexuality was indeed as rampant as you imply and Roman men mostly saw women as tools for procreation and child rearing, what was the reason for that way of thinking? Did Roman men generally find women unbearable and too much of a pain in the ass to be around and therefore prefer sex with effeminate kynaidoi who acted in a feminine manner but without the inane bullshit of an actual woman perhaps in the same vein as how some modern men choose to date shemales because they can't stand dealing with women? Could it have been an ancient MGTOW sentiment of sorts among Roman men? Just curious.
Thanks but I am not such an expert of ancient history. I happen to know a few things about the Celts because back in 1998, the year I chose to move to London, for some weird reason I convinced myself that I needed to know about the Celts to understand their culture better. As I went through the 3 or 4 books I was reading, it struck me that Britons who populated the south of England are much more affine to the Saxon tribes of current northern Germany and Denmark than the Celts. Nonetheless, I was fascinated and kept on reading. It did make for an excellent topic of conversation whenever I would meet Scottish or Irish girls, though :-)

About the Romans, it's really common knowledge that homosexuality in their society wasn't even considered deviant. It was perfectly normal, especially among viri (men of social importance and responsibility) and Patricians, so the upper class, as you called it. So yes, the traits was much more prominent among men who considered themselves important and commanded respect. I would say sexual attraction towards another man was considered almost like a form of social respect. By the way, lots of Mediterranean basin cultures, including the Greek, the Macedonian, and of course the Islamic, promoted homosexuality as a social norm.

Women during Roman times were not considered inferior, they simply had a different and well-defined role in society. Until they made their debut in society and became vir (that's where the term virility comes from), young men were just children and under their mothers' tutelage. Only after they. became viri, they were considered adults and their fathers and other male figures would start mentoring them.

Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

there is the youtuber overstayroad / mark blackard who has 2 wives, great I would say if they are okay with it. its a pity he deleted his drunk videos in the bathtub while smoking cigars and talking about how women should serve men

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Heheh, yeah, so I did a lot of research into polygamy for awhile now, but from my POV it generally involves too much drama between the wives, even if it's legally and culturally endorsed, so I decided it's not for me. :)

I think so-called "open relationships" are perfectly healthy since the multiple women are kept separate from each other unless they already happen to get along exceptionally well from the start. (So that can potentially include the so-called open marriage, if it's really a rock-solid partnership with a bullet-proof prenuptial contract, though I don't really see the point unless it was to expedite some kind of citizenship arrangement...)

However, all that aside:

This based Ugandan alpha male has had the good fortune to be born into the life-stream and culture of his own ancient nation, and look at what he has accomplished:
WOW! LOL!
He has 12 wives, 102 children, and 568 grandchildren!!
That's an extended family to be truly proud of! (This is African tradition in many promising nations out there.)

His name is apparently Musa Hasahya, 67 years of age, from Lusaka, Uganda.
“I married one woman after another. How can a man be satisfied with one woman?

“All my wives live together in the same house.

“It’s easy for me to monitor them and also stop them eloping with other men in this village.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[ You can see from that latter statement why my research hinted to me that polygamy involves too much drama between the wives. I prefer romance, even if nothing so far has ever convinced me that pure monogamy is the best approach. ]

Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WilliamSmith wrote:
February 6th, 2023, 2:29 am
Heheh, yeah, so I did a lot of research into polygamy for awhile now, but from my POV it generally involves too much drama between the wives, even if it's legally and culturally endorsed, so I decided it's not for me. :)

I think so-called "open relationships" are perfectly healthy since the multiple women are kept separate from each other unless they already happen to get along exceptionally well from the start. (So that can potentially include the so-called open marriage, if it's really a rock-solid partnership with a bullet-proof prenuptial contract, though I don't really see the point unless it was to expedite some kind of citizenship arrangement...)

However, all that aside:

This based Ugandan alpha male has had the good fortune to be born into the life-stream and culture of his own ancient nation, and look at what he has accomplished:
WOW! LOL!
He has 12 wives, 102 children, and 568 grandchildren!!
That's an extended family to be truly proud of! (This is African tradition in many promising nations out there.)

His name is apparently Musa Hasahya, 67 years of age, from Lusaka, Uganda.
“I married one woman after another. How can a man be satisfied with one woman?

“All my wives live together in the same house.

“It’s easy for me to monitor them and also stop them eloping with other men in this village.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
[ You can see from that latter statement why my research hinted to me that polygamy involves too much drama between the wives. I prefer romance, even if nothing so far has ever convinced me that pure monogamy is the best approach. ]
I don't think I could cope with more than one lover. For one, I like to focus all my attention on my girlfriend. I love her and no other woman even compares to her in my eyes. I take no moral issue with polygamous relationships, but I enjoy the company of one woman and so I prefer monogamy personally.

Another thing is that more than one woman would just do my f***ing head in. Keeping one woman happy is difficult. Plus, no other wife would get the attention I give my primary girlfriend so I think it wouldn't be fair to the second, third or fourth wives who might desire love but not get it from me lol :lol: