Join John Adams Mon and Wed nights 7:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

Share This Page

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Elegance Theme       Dark Theme

Should I cut my losses with Ethereum or HODL for the long-term?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Should I cut my losses with Ethereum or HODL for the long-term?

Post by Tsar »

Ethereum. Purchased early...

Instead, it crashes another $100... figure not so bad... crypto is volatile...

Crashes even more this morning...then more...and now it is near $1800...

If I didn't purchase early and kept my on the books market order, I would only have a 7.5%-10% loss and +25% more Ethereum...

Ethereum has a proof of stake concept so it isn't going to ever be completely worthless...

Bitcoin HODLers won out from 2017-2021... Ethereum is predicted by major banks to surpass Bitcoin...

I don't need the money immediately, it is like a lottery ticket that doesn't expire, and I might die so why should I care about losing money which is now completely part of the Rothschild financial matrix of control (paper, bytes, and credit)...

If it dropped so I had a 33%-40% loss... obviously, I will be a HODLer...

Last time I sold when it crashed, it skyrocketed and then I sold when it reached another level after buy a higher price. Thought about buying again at $2,500 before it went past $4,000 but didn't like the price.

Still, unless the interest rate is more than 7% that Ethereum pays and national debt goes down, makes sense to hold some crypto and transporting a code abroad is easier than transporting gold or cash when going through customs...

If Ethereum did go to $20,000 or $50,000 then I would be set for life if still alive and healthy... which I seriously might die and I am not healthy at the moment...but even if I wasn't healthy, I could pay an assistant or servant to carry things, hold things, drive me around, and the best doctors in cash in the world to fix me to a decent level (and to put me first above any other patient since I would also bribe them).
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Decu
Freshman Poster

Re: Should I cut my losses with Ethereum or HODL for the long-term?

Post by Decu »

Tsar wrote:
June 21st, 2021, 4:16 pm
Ethereum. Purchased early...

Instead, it crashes another $100... figure not so bad... crypto is volatile...

Crashes even more this morning...then more...and now it is near $1800...

If I didn't purchase early and kept my on the books market order, I would only have a 7.5%-10% loss and +25% more Ethereum...

Ethereum has a proof of stake concept so it isn't going to ever be completely worthless... That is why I prefer to stake it at https://p2p.org/ where at get 3.9% easily.

Bitcoin HODLers won out from 2017-2021... Ethereum is predicted by major banks to surpass Bitcoin...

I don't need the money immediately, it is like a lottery ticket that doesn't expire, and I might die so why should I care about losing money which is now completely part of the Rothschild financial matrix of control (paper, bytes, and credit)...

If it dropped so I had a 33%-40% loss... obviously, I will be a HODLer...

Last time I sold when it crashed, it skyrocketed and then I sold when it reached another level after buy a higher price. Thought about buying again at $2,500 before it went past $4,000 but didn't like the price.

Still, unless the interest rate is more than 7% that Ethereum pays and national debt goes down, makes sense to hold some crypto and transporting a code abroad is easier than transporting gold or cash when going through customs...

If Ethereum did go to $20,000 or $50,000 then I would be set for life if still alive and healthy... which I seriously might die and I am not healthy at the moment...but even if I wasn't healthy, I could pay an assistant or servant to carry things, hold things, drive me around, and the best doctors in cash in the world to fix me to a decent level (and to put me first above any other patient since I would also bribe them).
Ethereum even now in 2022 hasn’t shifted to POS. If you think that after the Merge the price will skyrocket then you are an utter optimist :) have a look at other PoS blockchains like Solana or Polkadot. Do they cost 20k per coin?
Last edited by Decu on August 31st, 2022, 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Should I cut my losses with Ethereum or HODL for the long-term?

Post by Cornfed »

I'm hoping that this defective legacy platform will collapse entirely so real smart contract blockchains can replace it.