Join John Adams Mon and Wed nights 7:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

Share This Page

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Elegance Theme       Prosilver Theme

When you realise you're going to die

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: When you realise you're going to die

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 5:20 am
To answer your question, there is no way to know who is vaccinated or not in Japan.
Plenty of people passing by next to me when I am outside my home, how can I see if somebody is vaccinated or not?

There is no rule to force you to stay in your home, you can go out day and night, to everywhere in Japan, by feet, by car, by train or domestic airplane...vaccinated or not...facemask or not...any street, any park etc.

Public transport like city bus, train or also taxi - obligatory to enter with a face mask (any kind of face mask), driver can refuse to let you in without face-mask, airlines can refuse boarding if you refuse to use a face mask - but people are accustomed to them since decades, everybody is doing it.

Shopping malls and department stores - face mask not really obligatory, but we used them always in the past and I would say, 97 % of people using them indoors, sometimes I forgot and my wife too, but nobody said a word.

Keep public restrooms clean, wash your hands with alcohol, separation plexiglass between cashier and customer or in restaurants between tables...no problem with that, nobody complains...

Yes, you can also go to cinema, museums, baseball stadium, concerts, temples and churches etc. - the organizer/owner is selling less tickets to keep some better distance between the visitors...for example cinema, selling only 50 percent of the seats - one seat empy - one seat occupied, or coffee shops closing earlier - many of those places insist on face-mask, alcohol washing your hands, and have a temperature checker for fever.

Nobody ever was asking me for my vaccination certificate, not even in restaurants and coffee shops. It's in my home, I do not carry it with me when going out.

About medical doctors operating a small clinic - they insist on face-mask, washing your hands with alcohol, temperature check and changing your shoes for slippers they provide - but no medical doctor was ever asking me if I am vaccinated or not.

Medical doctors often use not only a high quality face-mask for themselves, but also gloves and eye-protection, especially dentists and ENT doctors.

Daily life here in Japan is almost like always, not much difference.
Sounds like the perfect freedom oasis, in this desert of common sense, my God... I wish I had a Japanese passport... :-)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Yohan wrote:
January 16th, 2022, 11:52 pm
HouseMD wrote:
January 15th, 2022, 9:28 pm
Cornfed wrote:
January 13th, 2022, 6:14 pm
Once you lemmings who took the covaids jab realise you are living on borrowed time, what are you going to do? .....
Better question, what will you do when you realize that you have, once again, fallen for conspiratorial BS that hasn't come to pass?
We're all on borrowed time, such is life. You waste yours on angst and nonsense
I see the problem not with vaccination itself, but with this stupid policy to FORCE people into vaccination in some countries.
This is creating resistance among the ordinary population and it is a breeding ground for all this stupid conspiracy nonsense.

I am lucky to live in a country - Japan - where such pressure on citizens does not exist and therefore the number of anti-vaxxers is very small.
You want the vaccination, you are welcome - you don't want it, nobody cares if you don't show up.

Many are showing up by themselves, even there are waiting lists... never force anybody to vaccination and the big majority will come.
https://japan.kantei.go.jp/ongoingtopics/vaccine.html
Office of the Prime Minister of Japan

The costs of vaccination for all Japanese nationals and all eligible foreign residents, will be covered in full by public funds.
Vaccines will never be administered without the recipient’s consent. We urge the public never to coerce vaccinations at the workplace or upon others around them, and never to treat those who have not received the vaccine in a discriminatory manner.

Total number of vaccine doses administered to date (as of January 13, 2021):
201,786,647 (+123,842) (1st: 101,172,002 2nd: 99,495,264 3rd: 1,119,381)
Even I'm agitated by the vaccination mandates to the degree it may change my voting. Seeing good colleagues on the chopping block over the booster is ridiculous given its negligible efficacy against severe illness when comlared with the initial vaccine in healthy individuals
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

If you go to parts of the South, people go around without masks. Things go along as normal other than federal workers being pressured to be vaccinated, some missing items in stores and lack of workers in fast food restaurants with some restaurants only having the drive-thru open. A lot of people have flocked to Florida to get away with the lock down.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MrMan wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 6:29 am
If you go to parts of the South, people go around without masks. Things go along as normal other than federal workers being pressured to be vaccinated, some missing items in stores and lack of workers in fast food restaurants with some restaurants only having the drive-thru open. A lot of people have flocked to Florida to get away with the lock down.
Dear god, having to wear a mask to protect yourself and others. It's *horrible* :roll:

There's nothing else shut down aside from the occasional school. If common-sense public health measures that don't impede your movement or ability to engage in things are oppressive, I can't imagine what a baby one must be
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 6:55 am
MrMan wrote:
Dear god, having to wear a mask to protect yourself and others. It's *horrible* :roll:

There's nothing else shut down aside from the occasional school. If common-sense public health measures that don't impede your movement or ability to engage in things are oppressive, I can't imagine what a baby one must be
If these are common sense measures then I take it you practised them before the covaids nonsense occurred. It would be a damning indictment that you lacked basic common sense before the last two years. Obviously removing you from any position of responsibility would be basic common sense in that case.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:

If over 68 million people have had it and 208 million people have been vaccinated, why would everyone have to wear a mask? Isn't having the illness or taking vaccines supposed to provide immunity. The population is supposed to be just under 330 million, btw.

If the restaurant employees have their masks on, how many layers do customers need for protection?
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

MrMan wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 2:14 pm
HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:

If over 68 million people have had it and 208 million people have been vaccinated, why would everyone have to wear a mask? Isn't having the illness or taking vaccines supposed to provide immunity. The population is supposed to be just under 330 million, btw.

If the restaurant employees have their masks on, how many layers do customers need for protection?
The vaccine is only protective against severe illness and death with the current variant, not infection. Allowing the spread to those at high risk from a virus that is amongst one of the most infectious known is important in both preventing continued spread and in preventing new variants from arising quickly. The other issue is that even with the protection against severe illness, just by virue of the sheer number of people being infected hospitals are getting quite full again. While the vast majority of people in my state are vaccinated, those without a booster are occupying about a third of non-ICU COVID beds. The unvaccinated still take up 2/3rds of adult beds despite only being around 20% of the adult population, but spread in the vaccinated is an issue given the 30ish mutations omicron has.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

It is just a flue anyways
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzIHrNJ3bPs
Argentina: "March of the Stones" to honour COVID victims and protest President Fernandez
Huddo
Freshman Poster

Post by Huddo »

HouseMD wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 8:09 pm

The vaccine is only protective against severe illness and death with the current variant, not infection. Allowing the spread to those at high risk from a virus that is amongst one of the most infectious known is important in both preventing continued spread and in preventing new variants from arising quickly. The other issue is that even with the protection against severe illness, just by virue of the sheer number of people being infected hospitals are getting quite full again. While the vast majority of people in my state are vaccinated, those without a booster are occupying about a third of non-ICU COVID beds. The unvaccinated still take up 2/3rds of adult beds despite only being around 20% of the adult population, but spread in the vaccinated is an issue given the 30ish mutations omicron has.
You can’t post that here without a link to an article written by someone with the mental capacity of a 5 year old. It’s much to intelligent for this topic 😉
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

gsjackson wrote:
January 16th, 2022, 8:29 pm
Maybe they're getting bored with the ease of leading the sheeple around by the nose, and want to cull them out of a sense of sportsmanship. Going after bigger game now. Tally ho.

They don't need all the people at all anymore, America laid the golden egg they were hoping it would inventing all the tech so people for the most part are obsolete as far as they are concerned. They want a skeleton crew to keep shop the way they want it.

I look at how badly we have ruined this planet as of late and how nobody seems to care and feel humanity will go extinct unless something is done fast. As Lloyd Blankfein stated years ago somebody has to do gods work..
Time to Hide!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:
January 17th, 2022, 2:14 pm
HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:

How much does wearing a mask stop the spread? Do you have any way of quantifying that? Early on, Fauci thought it was silly for everyone to wear masks? I hear it can help stop particles of spit and mucous from getting into your mouth or nose, so in some environments it might help a little. The function seems to be more about feeling safe and conforming than anything else.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
The vaccine is only protective against severe illness and death with the current variant, not infection.
Which makes it, by definition, not a vaccine. I'll bet if I had said this when the jabs first came out you would have been like "Ah, that just shows you have no concept of how vaccines work. If that was the case I'd agree the jab was a bad thing but we in the medical system have processes...".
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

HouseMD wrote:
MrMan wrote:

Let me get this straight. You actually think that story book freaks like Fraudci, Kill Gates and the Karens doing their bidding should be able to order you to do this that or the other completely silly thing and in the normal course of events you should jump to it or else you are a baby? You are actually that much of a simpering little bitch with no self respect whatsoever. 250 years from proud frontiersmen to this. Not too bad I guess. For your sake you hopefully got an effective version of the jab.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MrMan wrote:
January 18th, 2022, 8:15 am
How much does wearing a mask stop the spread? Do you have any way of quantifying that? Early on, Fauci thought it was silly for everyone to wear masks? I hear it can help stop particles of spit and mucous from getting into your mouth or nose, so in some environments it might help a little. The function seems to be more about feeling safe and conforming than anything else.
Face masks are only a small part of actions you should consider to prevent to be infected with covid-19.

Just compare data of Japan and Korea with other countries which citizens are totally unwilling to co-operate with preventive measures and are faced by governments into lockdown, like Netherlands, UK, France and other European countries, or USA...

I saw a short time ago on TV a Japanese study about infection of covid-19 in restaurants comparing

1 - Nobody cares about anything.
vs.
2 - Everybody is entering the restaurant with face mask, is cleaning near entrance his hands with alcohol, facemask will only be removed during eating,
restaurant is using air cleaners, fixed transparent partitions between all tables, has plexiglass between the cashier and the paying customers, is using in the restrooms automatic washlets, staff is cleaning all tables with alcohol fluid before the next guest is sitting down etc,

The chance to be infected was 80 percent lower.

------------------------------------------------------------

3 - Countries with fully vaccinated people, 2 x Pfizer + booster shot AND additionally vaccinated against seasonal flu and pneumonia have a much lower number of infected people and a clearly much lower death rate than countries full with these anti-vaxxers.

To be vaccinated is fine, but you need at least 80 percent of people around you to be vaccinated too to make it difficult for the virus to move over to infect you too. This is true in case you are near to other people for example in restaurants and coffee shops.

Of course, you might be infected nevertheless, but you will recover easily compared to not vaccinated people - especially in case of older people.

We have no lockdown in Japan, you can go out anytime to everywhere, but I can say at least 97 percent of all people try to prevent to be infected and consider to avoid to infect other people -in some areas up to 94 percent of the population are now fully vaccinated, face-masks everywhere.

It's not a 100 % solution of course, but such measures voluntarily accepted by the huge majority of citizens help a lot to keep the infection rate relatively low and to avoid lockdowns, no vaccination passport required.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Yohan wrote:
January 18th, 2022, 11:13 am
Face masks are only a small part of actions you should consider to prevent to be infected with covid-19.

Just compare data of Japan and Korea with other countries which citizens are totally unwilling to co-operate with preventive measures and are faced by governments into lockdown, like Netherlands, UK, France and other European countries, or USA...

I saw a short time ago on TV a Japanese study about infection of covid-19 in restaurants comparing

1 - Nobody cares about anything.
vs.
2 - Everybody is entering the restaurant with face mask, is cleaning near entrance his hands with alcohol, facemask will only be removed during eating,
restaurant is using air cleaners, fixed transparent partitions between all tables, has plexiglass between the cashier and the paying customers, is using in the restrooms automatic washlets, staff is cleaning all tables with alcohol fluid before the next guest is sitting down etc,

The chance to be infected was 80 percent lower.
I stopped sanitizing my hands early on. There is a chance, a few percentage points, of contracting COVID-19. But there is a very high chance the skin on my hands will get irritated if I use hand sanitizer. I am middle aged and not in the highest risk categories,also.

I did not get the vaccine. The mRNA virus is new technology and they only have data for the first couple of years after it was given. I don't get flu shots-- shots of last year's flu.

It seems like a lot of the fast food restaurants have had the clean tables shut down for COVID-19 while the dirty tables are open. That makes no sense. There is usually plexiglass between the cashier and the customer, but not between all the customers. In grocery stores, employees sometimes wear masks that cover their mouths but not their noses.