Join John Adams Mon and Wed nights 7:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

Share This Page

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Elegance Theme       Prosilver Theme

Introduction to our Forum Advisor Dream Team

Introduce yourself here and let us know who you are.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Introduction to our Forum Advisor Dream Team

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Here are brief introductions and bios of our knowledgeable experienced Forum Advisors, whose posts, comments and insights you will often see here. I know them fairly well, so I have provided an introduction of each of them below. I am very honored and proud to have such a "Dream Team" :) If you have questions for any of them specifically, feel free to post it below or PM them. (To the Advisors: If you wish to revise or add anything to your intro, please let me know)

Ladislav

Ladislav is the Chief Expat and Cultural Advisor of Happier Abroad, aka "The Socrates of International Living", often quoted in Winston Wu's Happier Abroad Ebook and Articles. He has lived in 9 countries long-term, been to 30 countries, and speaks 10 languages quite well, a phenomenal number no doubt.

As Winston Wu's expat and cultural advisor, Ladislav helped guide him during his early expat life, answering questions and providing insights along the way to aid Wu's understanding of foreign cultures.

Like Winston, Ladislav is also a natural writer. He is very intellectual, insightful and knowledgeable, as well as an expert on Cultural Comparisons, International Languages and Histories. His blogs (see below) and dissertations are unsurpassed in scope and depth in the expat world. He is also the author of the book Expatriate Insights available on Amazon.com.

Ladislav is an outgoing personality type who can find something to talk about with anybody. He is both practical and philosophical, and can converse about practical, cultural and esoteric subjects. As a successful expat himself, Ladislav teaches an expatriate lifestyle which he calls "quilting your world", that is, combining the benefits and advantages of multiple countries to live the optimum lifestyle - financially, socially and romantically, which he lives up to himself of course.

A former US immigrant from multiple Eastern European roots, Ladislav has traveled and moved around throughout his life, becoming acquainted with multiple cultures and languages and developing a nomadic spirit. He now works in the Middle East for various government and corporate clients and travels during his months off. One of his favorite destinations is the Philippines, a culture that chimes with his soul, and where he speaks two of its dialects fluently - Tagalog and Visayan.

To view Ladislav's blogs and learn from his priceless expat knowledge, wisdom and experience:
http://expatriateobservations.blogspot.com
http://truthfulinsights.blogspot.com

See his motivational messages about Global Dating for Men at: http://www.happierabroad.com/Ladislav.php

Ladislav is also available for personal one-on-one consultation at: http://www.happierabroad.com/consultation.php#Dave

His Team Profile: http://www.happierabroad.com/team.php#Dave

Mr S

Mr S is an American expat from New England who has been living in the Philippines for the past few years. Being a successful expat with a great job as a English Certificate Examiner, he has experienced the joys and tribulations of expat life and foreign culture. During his enlistment in the US Navy, he experienced the world as well (however he does not advocate seeing the world that way, but that's another story).

Like Winston, Mr S is a natural truth seeker and is acquainted with a variety of alternative and esoteric topics, such as metaphysics, conspiracies, and even the most far out theories.

Being very blunt and no-nonsense, he tells it like it is with no bull, fakery or phoniness. He is one of those people who is never afraid to "call a spade a spade". Thus, you will never get any politically correct bullshit or whitewash from him. He is the kind of person who is totally tuned to "truth vibrations", which makes him refreshing compared to so many phony Westerners out there.

Possessing a deep and natural understanding of people, situations and psychology, Mr S reads them for what they are, seeing through the false facade and mask of BSers, posers and phony folks. Hence, his take on things and predictions tend to be extremely accurate.

Momopi

Momopi is an Asian American of Taiwanese descent from Southern California. He is one of those "human encyclopedias" who seem to possess an encyclopedic volume of data on many different topics. Though knowledgeable in technical and practical areas, he harbors plenty of Chinese wisdom and philosophy as well, quoting "Chinese sayings" as needed.

Momopi's areas of specialty include Business, Economics, Finance, Asian Cultures/Languages/Histories, Computers, Technology, Real Estate, Anime, Asian Cooking/Cuisine, and many other practical and popular subjects.

Though based in Southern California, Momopi regularly travels to Asia for business and pleasure. He has worked in various IT careers and been involved in contract projects for companies in Asia.

A fundamentally practical person, Momopi stays away from arguing ideas or theorizing endlessly, which he considers fruitless. He believes that one either find practical solutions to their situations, needs and problems, or not at all. As such, he is great at giving practical advice and offering practical remedies and solutions.

Rock

Rock, the newest of our Advisors, is another successful American expat from the Chicago area who has resided in Taiwan for over 10 years. He is fluent in Mandarin Chinese in both speaking and reading, and speaks 3 other foreign languages as well - Spanish, Portugese and Thai.

Having been to nearly 40 countries, he has studied and worked in Europe and Asia, resided for various periods in UK, Colombia, Brazil, Hong Kong, China, and Thailand. He is now a permanent resident in Taiwan.

As a finance professional, he has a made a successful living overseas through a combination of work and investment strategies. He now lives off of his various residual investment incomes, and has attained the ideal dream expat life of financial independence and freedom.

Rock possesses a strong interest in macro-economics, all types of global investing, social and dating arbitrage, dynamics of attraction, exotic cultures, foreign languages, truth seeking, learning, debunking widely held myths, exposing unrecognized realities, human aesthetics, health and wellness.

As an expert in Taiwanese and other Asian cultures, Rock has guided Winston during his visits to his native Taiwan homeland (ironically, since Winston is a native Taiwanese, while Rock is a white American), advising him on various aspects of Taiwanese social culture and life, and touring him around as well.

Rock has an outgoing sincere personality, like Ladislav, and is able to casually and comfortably converse with random people. He is also a practical, logical, blunt, outspoken, no-nonsense truth seeker who is not afraid to challenge experts and the prevailing consensus or counter-consensus whenever he senses flaws or inconsistencies.

Mark Edward Davis

If there were such a thing as a national spokesman for successful International Dating and Marriage it would have to be Mark Edward Davis. He has traveled to four continents, dated women on foreign soil in three continents, and then married Anna Astafieva from Nikolaev Ukraine.

Following their 2007 wedding, Mark authored a book on international dating that is available on Amazon.com. He and his wife have been guests on dozens of radio programs and several prominent TV segments including The TODAY Show, Dr. Phil Show, and an hour-long segment of Secret Lives of Women.

In 2011 they founded European Dream Connections to personally host romance and introduction tours to Ukraine. You can read more about their efforts to help more men find lasting love overseas at their website: http://www.EuropeanDreamConnections.com

They also host romance quest tours to the Ukraine. For more info or questions about this, visit: http://www.ukrainequest.com

Mark and Anna Davis reside in Anaheim, CA and make themselves readily available to members of HappierAbroad.com.

To download Mark's FREE new book that comes with a 14-track AudioBook as a bonus, go to: http://www.EuropeanDreamConnections.com/happier-abroad
Last edited by Winston on December 18th, 2011, 4:50 am, edited 14 times in total.
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark Edward Davis »

Thanks for the invitation to be on your list of advisors. I'm delighted to be on the team.

I'll do my best to participate, support your forum, and help wherever I can.

Thanks again, Winston!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Your welcome Mark. Would you like to add a short bio to this thread? If so, I can put it into the first post that introduces the advisors. I can use the one you gave me before, or you can update it with your new site and post it here. If you do, I'll insert it into the first post along with the other bios.

Great to have you with us,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mark Edward Davis
Freshman Poster

Post by Mark Edward Davis »

Thanks, Winston. Here you go:

If there were such a thing as a national spokesman for successful International Dating and Marriage it would have to be Mark Edward Davis. He has traveled to four continents, dated women on foreign soil in three continents, and then married Anna Astafieva from Nikolaev Ukraine.

Following their 2007 wedding, Mark authored a book on international dating that is available on Amazon.com. He and his wife have been guests on dozens of radio programs and several prominent TV segments including The TODAY Show, Dr. Phil Show, and an hour-long segment of Secret Lives of Women.

In 2011 they founded European Dream Connections to personally host romance and introduction tours to Ukraine. You can read more about their efforts to help more men find lasting love overseas at their website: http://www.EuropeanDreamConnections.com.

Mark and Anna Davis reside in Anaheim, CA and make themselves readily available to members of HappierAbroad.com.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That looks great Mark. I think I will combine that version with the version you sent me before and post it in the intro post here.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You know, I was thinking earlier today, don't we have such a great team of Advisors on here? They are like a "Dream Team" aren't they? Together they are like the "Justice League" or "SuperFriends". lol

Should we add Repatriate to the team intros above, since he's been here so long and given a lot of insightful no-nonsense advice and insights? Repatriate, what do you think?

Gabilan33
Freshman Poster

Re: Introduction to our Forum Advisor Dream Team

Post by Gabilan33 »

Great post! Glad to read your thread here. :)