Join John Adams Mon and Wed nights 7:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

Share This Page

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Elegance Theme       Prosilver Theme

Page Loading Errors in the Forum

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Anybody else getting this problem?

Poll ended at December 13th, 2012, 3:49 am

Yeah
86%
No, it's just you mate
14%

Total votes: 7
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Page Loading Errors in the Forum

Post by xiongmao »

Hey Winston, I see this when I post a message:

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

On which thread? How often? That happened in one of ladislav's threads, but not in any others.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I cannot edit also. The text either disappears or keeps jumping away. I have to edit on a separate sheet somewhere.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

It happened in this thread and also went I sent a PM to somebody.

It didn't happen in this thread.

I thought it was the board giving me some negative karma for bringing ladyb0y trouble here!!!!
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

P.S. This thread is OK. Maybe it's when a thread has a member that wanted to be emailed when there was a new reply in the thread?
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

I'm having the same problem with PM :(
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ladislav wrote:I cannot edit also. The text either disappears or keeps jumping away. I have to edit on a separate sheet somewhere.
That's because you are on IE. Stop using IE browser and that problem won't happen again.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I think I might know what's going on. I use the SMTP server of my webhost, Godaddy, to send emails out to my email list. The server has a limit of 1000 emails per day. So if I send an email to the list, that counts as 600 emails. So when it gets close to the max, the emails the server sends after that may get blocked, and that's why you see that error message?

If you click the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box in the post form, the server is supposed to email you. And if you get a PM, you are supposed to get an email too, unless you disable that option in your profile.

I went ahead and set the forum to use Gmail's SMTP server instead of Godaddy's. So hopefully that problem won't happen again.

Let me know if it stops now.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Has anyone had that problem again?

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Not that specific problem but I get an Error 7 (Google Chrome, latest version) message when trying to load the web site on my new laptop. I get the mobile site on my phone and other PC's just fine on the same network.

Using IE9 which comes sort of built-into Windows 8 it starts to load the page but fails to load the entire page and none of the links work. I haven't downloaded Firefox or another browser to see but I find this problem sort of strange.

This is the only Windows 8 machine in the house, all the other web sites I visit frequently work.

Thanks
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I heard the debug error problem came back and the forum was loading slowly again. It looks like Godaddy's SQL servers were down again. I contacted them about it but expect to get the usual run around again.

Is it working ok now?

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Yeah I saw that problem.

BTW the forum is really slow here in China and on the various VPN's I'm using. And I get a lot of weird session errors.

If you switched to a dedicated server you'd probably make 25% more in advertising revenue - do the math and consider moving from SlowDaddy!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What is a dedicated server? How do you switch to it?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Steve Neese told me that he had trouble posting in the forum this morning. Did any of you have that problem early today? Or experience page loading errors?

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Winston wrote:Steve Neese told me that he had trouble posting in the forum this morning. Did any of you have that problem early today? Or experience page loading errors?
Yes. I had problems posting and viewing threads on this forum during the early morning and afternoon. It was very slow to load throughout the day.