Join John Adams Mon and Wed nights 7:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar!

Share This Page

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       Elegance Theme       Prosilver Theme

Sexpats in Columbia are getting killed

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Sexpats in Columbia are getting killed

Post by MatureDJ »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... inder.html
A 27-year-old man from California was found dead on a Colombia street after going on a date with a woman he met on Tinder. 

Paul Nguyen, of Orange County, flew for the first time to Medellín with one of his friends on November 6 and was murdered four days later.

He is the 25th foreign tourist murdered in Medellín this year.
The body of Nicolas Flattes, 56, was in a state of decomposition when concerned neighbors entered the fifth-floor apartment in the southwestern Medellín town of Belen on October 17.
On February 10, a 48-year-old Canadian man was found dead at a hotel in the Medellín neighborhood of Laureles.
On January 5, Leon Victor Dean, 59, of the United Kingdom, was discovered dead in his hotel room's jacuzzi in the neighborhood of El Poblado.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Sexpats in Columbia are getting killed

Post by kangarunner »

They were partying too hard. Cocaine is a hell of a drug......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

What would John Wick do in Medellín

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

The last time I visited Medellin with my ex-wife (who is from there) was in 2013 and it was already becoming a crime-ridden shithole again. I had been toying with the idea of moving there and consulting for US companies (same timezone). I was almost done convincing my ex-wife that we could have demolished her mom's old house in a nice part of town (Laureles) and built a 3 or 4 story home for her and us.

Then something happened: we read the news of the home of a young Italian businessman and his Colombian wife being broken into. The thieves waited for them to be back, immobilised them and asked them for the alarm and safe passwords. They stole everything of some value in the house, even the LCD screens. They could have left at that, but no: they took them outside, pushed them down on the curb and shot them both on the back of their heads.

It took me minutes to backtrack. I agreed with my ex-wife's family warning me that Medellin was becoming dangerous again, and those metal bars at the windows didn't mean much anymore, since burglars would do exactly what they did to the Italian guy.

Then some extra shit happened and I ended up divorcing the Paisa. Water under the bridge. I am not following the news from Colombia anymore but, to be honest, I doubt anything changed in the past few years. Medellin lived a few golden years under former President Uribe, himself from Medellin, who managed to push the FARC and the gangs away from the city centre, giving Paisas a few years of respite. As soon as he left office, Medellin went back to what it was before.

As far as I know, the gringo-Paisa dating scene has never been exactly great. Paisas are a proud bunch and the "we're the 'Muricans" attitude of many young tourists doesn't impress them much at all. Believe me or not, the best way to get a hot girl who is also well-educated and hails from a good family is to be the typical "good prospect": a good degree (engineering, med school, law, etc.), a good job, and well-groomed. Colombian men don't tend to be too tall, so shorties, too, have a better chance.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

publicduende wrote:
November 26th, 2022, 9:26 pm
The last time I visited Medellin with my ex-wife (who is from there) was in 2013 and it was already becoming a crime-ridden shithole again. I had been toying with the idea of moving there and consulting for US companies (same timezone). I was almost done convincing my ex-wife that we could have demolished her mom's old house in a nice part of town (Laureles) and built a 3 or 4 story home for her and us.

Then something happened: we read the news of the home of a young Italian businessman and his Colombian wife being broken into. The thieves waited for them to be back, immobilised them and asked them for the alarm and safe passwords. They stole everything of some value in the house, even the LCD screens. They could have left at that, but no: they took them outside, pushed them down on the curb and shot them both on the back of their heads.

It took me minutes to backtrack. I agreed with my ex-wife's family warning me that Medellin was becoming dangerous again, and those metal bars at the windows didn't mean much anymore, since burglars would do exactly what they did to the Italian guy.

Then some extra shit happened and I ended up divorcing the Paisa. Water under the bridge. I am not following the news from Colombia anymore but, to be honest, I doubt anything changed in the past few years. Medellin lived a few golden years under former President Uribe, himself from Medellin, who managed to push the FARC and the gangs away from the city centre, giving Paisas a few years of respite. As soon as he left office, Medellin went back to what it was before.

As far as I know, the gringo-Paisa dating scene has never been exactly great. Paisas are a proud bunch and the "we're the 'Muricans" attitude of many young tourists doesn't impress them much at all. Believe me or not, the best way to get a hot girl who is also well-educated and hails from a good family is to be the typical "good prospect": a good degree (engineering, med school, law, etc.), a good job, and well-groomed. Colombian men don't tend to be too tall, so shorties, too, have a better chance.
I remember being down there and the taxi driver trying to offer me the cocaina. He said some shit in Spanish like I can drive you to the place. I thought so I can get robbed by your guys that are waiting there?

I did a lot of walking in Medellin. I even walked alone in the El Centro area which is the downtown area. I'm surprised nothing bad happened to me.

Still, Medellin is a nice place, and the sunny weather is perfect. It keeps people coming back.

The allure of those fiery, passionate Colombian women still keeps the foreign tourists coming back for more in the face of the possible dangers. Thinking with their dicks....

kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Here is Mr. David talking about the deaths.....and the scopolamine

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
November 26th, 2022, 9:56 pm
I remember being down there and the taxi driver trying to offer me the cocaina. He said some shit in Spanish like I can drive you to the place. I thought so I can get robbed by your guys that are waiting there?

I remeber being down there in 2016 and doing a lot of walking. I even walked alone in the El Centro area which is the downtown area. I'm surprised nothing bad happened to me.

Still, I remember being there and the nice, sunny weather is perfect. It keeps people coming back.

The allure of those fiery, passionate Colombian women still keeps the foreign tourists coming back for more in the face of the possible dangers. Thinking with their dicks....
The weather is one of Medellin's biggest attractions. It's not called "the city of eternal spring" without reason. I don't know if things have changed since I hooked up and divorced my ex-wife but, so far as I remember, the "allure of those passionate Colombian women" is just a myth, especially in Medellin, where a girl needs to have so much as a lighter pair of eyes, or a natural C cup, and she will feel like no man below a 9 is worth even talking to her.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
November 27th, 2022, 12:02 am
Here is Mr. David talking about the deaths.....and the scopolamine

Scopolamine-induced theft is extremely common. My ex-wife was a victim, too, when she was a college student. Two guys, one distinctly foreign-looking, approached her on a street not far from her campus, asking for directions. While the map was wide open in front of her face, one of the guys let the scopolamine evaporate from the bottom straight into her nose.

Long story short, they stole her scientific calculator, the proud fruit of months of savings, as an engineering student, and they were accompanying her to the closest ATM machine so she could withdraw money. Only a friend of hers, who recognised her and knew what was going on, avoided further damage. The guys ran away and M stood there for a good half an hour before coming back to her full senses.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

publicduende wrote:
November 27th, 2022, 2:17 am
kangarunner wrote:
November 26th, 2022, 9:56 pm

I remeber being down there in 2016 and doing a lot of walking. I even walked alone in the El Centro area which is the downtown area. I'm surprised nothing bad happened to me.

Still, I remember being there and the nice, sunny weather is perfect. It keeps people coming back.

The weather is one of Medellin's biggest attractions. It's not called "the city of eternal spring" without reason. I don't know if things have changed since I hooked up and divorced my ex-wife but, so far as I remember, the "allure of those passionate Colombian women" is just a myth, especially in Medellin, where a girl needs to have so much as a lighter pair of eyes, or a natural C cup, and she will feel like no man below a 9 is worth even talking to her.
The temperature in Medellin is pleasantly moderate all year round, but sunny? Not so much, relatively speaking. The city gets on average 1,851 hours of sunshine a year. By comparison, New York City gets 2,534. The price for all the greenery in the hills and mountains of northwestern South America is lots of clouds and rain. That said, I'm sure many find the climate very agreeable, but I know one person who bailed on a similarly temperate climate in the mountains of Ecuador because there just wasn't enough sunshine.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

gsjackson wrote:
November 27th, 2022, 4:50 am
The temperature in Medellin is pleasantly moderate all year round, but sunny? Not so much, relatively speaking. The city gets on average 1,851 hours of sunshine a year. By comparison, New York City gets 2,534. The price for all the greenery in the hills and mountains of northwestern South America is lots of clouds and rain. That said, I'm sure many find the climate very agreeable, but I know one person who bailed on a similarly temperate climate in the mountains of Ecuador because there just wasn't enough sunshine.
Hearing what my ex-wife has been telling me over the, less and less frequent, chat we have had, Medellin and the entire Aburra valley has, for the past few years, been receiving more rain than usual. I do not know if this is normal, or due to the so-called "climate change". During my time there, it did rain a few days but nowhere near the levels seen during a typical sub-tropical wet or monsoon season.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

publicduende wrote:
November 27th, 2022, 5:44 am
gsjackson wrote:
November 27th, 2022, 4:50 am
Hearing what my ex-wife has been telling me over the, less and less frequent, chat we have had, Medellin and the entire Aburra valley has, for the past few years, been receiving more rain than usual. I do not know if this is normal, or due to the so-called "climate change". During my time there, it did rain a few days but nowhere near the levels seen during a typical sub-tropical wet or monsoon season.
Not sure how parallel the climates are, but I used to live in the Panama Canal Zone, which is not far away from Medellin. For eight months of the year it rains every single day there. Their baseball season is during the dry months -- January to April. Basketball season is late spring through summer.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

I'm still planning on going to Medellin soon. There's still tons of expats there who are safe. Can't let the bad news make you live in fear.

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

I'm not a sexpat, but I decided against Latin America as well (even the ones along the Caribbean coastline), even though there's good things about them, so not trying to be a negatoilet here.
I'm a bit boat-centric on what I know about, but piracy tends to be 10x more of a PIA there and the drug trade's a mess, rampant political corruption, so it might be a pleasant place to go, but I've heard a lot of stories of people with some kind of problems with authorities and had to "grease a lot of palms" with bribes and so on just to get out of there.
Sorry if it comes off too negative, I'm not fear-mongering either (or else I obviously wouldn't like countries like Jamaica which I believe has often taken the #1 slot of highest murder per capita rate in the world, if I'm not mistaken? :) ). But the drug trade is a problem throughout the Caribbean and Latin America to some degree but I believe it is much worse down there, especially in some of the coastal countries I looked at with an eye to dodging hurricances, such as Columbia, Venezuela, Honduras. (There's a lot of piracy in Brazil too.)

Panama and Belize might not be as bad comparatively, but while there are nice things about them that'd make a more cheerful discussion, there's still too much BS for my taste, weirdness with people scavenging for cocaine packets washed alongshore so they can sell them (but sometimes end up users if they find one), white girl I know had some guy come up and tell here he could get $100k+ for selling her into the sex slave trade, etc.

In a major economic downturn, this stuff tends to get worse.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

WilliamSmith wrote:
December 10th, 2022, 12:47 am
I'm not a sexpat, but I decided against Latin America as well (even the ones along the Caribbean coastline), even though there's good things about them, so not trying to be a negatoilet here.
I'm a bit boat-centric on what I know about, but piracy tends to be 10x more of a PIA there and the drug trade's a mess, rampant political corruption, so it might be a pleasant place to go, but I've heard a lot of stories of people with some kind of problems with authorities and had to "grease a lot of palms" with bribes and so on just to get out of there.
Sorry if it comes off too negative, I'm not fear-mongering either (or else I obviously wouldn't like countries like Jamaica which I believe has often taken the #1 slot of highest murder per capita rate in the world, if I'm not mistaken? :) ). But the drug trade is a problem throughout the Caribbean and Latin America to some degree but I believe it is much worse down there, especially in some of the coastal countries I looked at with an eye to dodging hurricances, such as Columbia, Venezuela, Honduras. (There's a lot of piracy in Brazil too.)

Panama and Belize might not be as bad comparatively, but while there are nice things about them that'd make a more cheerful discussion, there's still too much BS for my taste, weirdness with people scavenging for cocaine packets washed alongshore so they can sell them (but sometimes end up users if they find one), white girl I know had some guy come up and tell here he could get $100k+ for selling her into the sex slave trade, etc.

Damn, that stuff is scary. I honestly wish I knew of a place I could go to and feel right at home there. But I don't want to be dealing with more BS, the West is already irritating enough as it is with it's endless ass array of never-ending problems. And it's fine if you are negative. Hell I'm always negative I don't care.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
December 10th, 2022, 10:46 am
WilliamSmith wrote:
December 10th, 2022, 12:47 am

Damn, that stuff is scary. I honestly wish I knew of a place I could go to and feel right at home there. But I don't want to be dealing with more BS, the West is already irritating enough as it is with it's endless ass array of never-ending problems. And it's fine if you are negative. Hell I'm always negative I don't care.
@WanderingProtagonist
Thanks friend, behind the scenes here I've been committing to working on being less negative, but I appreciate your forgiving attitude toward my outbursts of negativity! :lol:
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/