Do most of us have Asperger's or are we just too introverted and freethinking?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: Do most of us have Asperger's or are we just too introverted, authentic and intellectual?

Post by HouseMD »

Italianman wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 5:22 am
HouseMD wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 2:28 am
Winston wrote:
September 19th, 2020, 11:50 pm
Hypermak,
You misunderstand me i think. Im not seeking validation or praise or to be liked here. Im just arguing that its pretty obvious that im not the typical person u see on the street everyday. Whether you like that or not is up to you. Many dont like me and dont even know why. But whether u like me or not i certainly ain't the average common person u see on the street. Thats all I'm saying and arguing.

See the above eloquent post by Marcos Zeitola. It explains in detail why I'm different from others. Its well written and brings tears to my eyes. :)

Thats all I'm saying. Not that u have to like me. But i find it odd though that some here like HouseMD feel the need to be condescension toward me. For some its not rational, just a knee jerk reaction. Some people dislike who i am, not what i say. If u remember, scott mallon, American in Bangkok, also disliked me long before i insulted his family. We simply rubbed each other the wrong way like oil and water. He never accepted his responsibility and part in the feud though, because it takes two to start a feud, not one. Many men dont like to accept any blame of course. It goes against the male ego.

As to Rock, he got tired of the forum and felt there was too much conflict and negativity here. Got too toxic for him. But he drops by and observes every now and then. He thinks you're publicduende because your writing style matches his too closely. As for me i dont care about the identity of online personas. I dont have time to care about stuff like that.
I only get condescending with fools that don't recognize their own foolishness when it's plain for all to see. It's just painful too see such misguided smugness and superiority
He's autistic [see above] he doesn't understand you. His mind works differently from normal people. He doesn't understand that being too introverted, "authentic" and "intellectual" = autism.

Unfortunately, at a younger age, he did not receive necessary probiotics and counseling to correct this disorder. 40 years ago autism was poorly understood. Typically, developing infants are social beings—early in life they do such things as gaze at people, turn toward voices, grasp a finger, and even smile. In contrast, most autistic children prefer objects to faces and seem to have tremendous difficulty learning to engage in the give-and-take of everyday human interaction. Even in the first few months of life, many seem indifferent to other people because they avoid eye contact and do not interact with them as often as non-autistic children. Although not universal, it is common for autistic people to not regulate their behavior. This can take the form of crying or verbal outbursts that may seem out of proportion to the situation.

Children with autism often appear to prefer being alone to the company of others and may passively accept such things as hugs and cuddling without reciprocating, or resist attention altogether. Children with autism appear to lack "theory of mind", the ability to see things from another person's perspective, a behavior cited as exclusive to human beings above the age of five. Typical 5-year-olds can develop insights into other people's different knowledge, feelings, and intentions, interpretations based upon social cues (e.g., gestures, facial expressions). An individual with autism seems to lack these interpretation skills, an inability that leaves them unable to predict or understand other people's actions.

Communication difficulties

Once given appropriate accommodations, many autistics will happily converse for hours, and can often be found in online chat rooms, discussion boards or websites. Many people with autism have a strong tonal sense, and can often understand spoken language. Some children may exhibit only slight delays in language, or even seem to have precocious language and unusually large vocabularies, but have great difficulty in sustaining typical conversations. The "give and take" of non-autistic conversation is hard for them, although they often carry on a monologue on a favorite subject, giving no one else an opportunity to comment. When given the chance to converse with other autistics, they comfortably do so in "parallel monologue"—taking turns expressing views and information. Just as "neurotypicals" (people without autism) have trouble understanding autistic body languages, vocal tones, or phraseology, people with autism similarly have trouble with such things in people without autism. In particular, autistic language abilities tend to be highly literal; people without autism often inappropriately attribute hidden meaning to what people with autism say or expect the person with autism to sense such unstated meaning in their own words.

The body language of people with autism can be difficult for other people to understand. Facial expressions, movements, and gestures may be easily understood by some other people with autism, but do not match those used by other people. Also, their tone of voice has a much more subtle inflection in reflecting their feelings, and the auditory system of a person without autism often cannot sense the fluctuations. What seems to non-autistic people like a high-pitched, sing-song, or flat, robot-like voice is common in autistic children. Some autistic children with relatively good language skills speak like little adults, rather than communicating at their current age level, which is one of the things that can lead to problems.

Since non-autistic people are often unfamiliar with the autistic body language, and since autistic natural language may not tend towards speech, autistic people often struggle to let other people know what they need. As anybody might do in such a situation, they may scream in frustration or resort to grabbing what they want. While waiting for non-autistic people to learn to communicate with them, people with autism do whatever they can to get through to them. Communication difficulties may contribute to autistic people becoming socially anxious or depressed.
I'm a doctor, I don't diagnose based on internet posts. He may have autism, he may not. I've seen plenty of people with mental illness that post similar to this as well. There's also the possibility that he is schizotypal and a bit slow. Is there something wrong with the guy? Definitely. Is it autism, mental illness, a personality disorder, or some sort of cognitive impairment? Impossible to say given only his posts.
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Re: Do most of us have Asperger's or are we just too introverted, authentic and intellectual?

Post by Italianman »

I'm a medical doctor, scientist, engineer and psychiatrist. I'm calling it now. What others takes months or even years to figure out takes me mere seconds or weeks. In psychiatry, you ask some questions and then write down your conclusion. You are free to ask him any question you like, so not being able to diagnose just means you don't have the necessary knowledge. Maybe you're more of a mechanical doctor as opposed to me.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Italianman wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 6:05 am
I'm a medical doctor, scientist, engineer and psychiatrist. I'm calling it now. What others takes months or even years to figure out takes me mere seconds or weeks. In psychiatry, you ask some questions and then write down your conclusion. You are free to ask him any question you like, so not being able to diagnose just means you don't have the necessary knowledge. Maybe you're more of a mechanical doctor as opposed to me.
Oh I have strong suspicions of what is wrong with him. The difference between you and I is professional standards. Making a diagnosis of autism without a thorough developmental history based upon nothing more than words on a forum would be nothing short of malpractice in the quite literal sense. Even a seemingly obvious diagnosis can be incorrect if a thorough inventory of symptoms and evaluation of history is not performed, and guys like you that just go with their gut are the reason I end up dealing with bipolar patients that are placed on antidepressants and end up manic on the inpatient service because no one ever bothered doing a full inventory of symptoms and missed prior hypomamic/manic episodes
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

HouseMD wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 6:32 am
Italianman wrote:
Oh I have strong suspicions of what is wrong with him. The difference between you and I is professional standards. Making a diagnosis of autism without a thorough developmental history based upon nothing more than words on a forum would be nothing short of malpractice in the quite literal sense. Even a seemingly obvious diagnosis can be incorrect if a thorough inventory of symptoms and evaluation of history is not performed, and guys like you that just go with their gut are the reason I end up dealing with bipolar patients that are placed on antidepressants and end up manic on the inpatient service because no one ever bothered doing a full inventory of symptoms and missed prior hypomamic/manic episodes
Professional standards? Sorry, I don't see your real name anywhere on here LOL. Moreover, you've already made several diagnosis here calling him an idiot. You just don't have enough knowledge to nail his exact problem. And guys like you are the reason we have over 200,000 dead from covid19 when a simple step could have been made https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/how ... mmediately bipolar patients should be place on probiotics or scheduled for fecal transplant. But of course, lawyers and big pharmacy are the real shot callers in the Medical Profession.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Italianman wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 6:50 am
HouseMD wrote:
Italianman wrote:
Professional standards? Sorry, I don't see your real name anywhere on here LOL. Moreover, you've already made several diagnosis here calling him an idiot. You just don't have enough knowledge to nail his exact problem. And guys like you are the reason we have over 200,000 dead from covid19 when a simple step could have been made https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/how ... mmediately bipolar patients should be place on probiotics or scheduled for fecal transplant. But of course, lawyers and big pharmacy are the real shot callers in the Medical Profession.
Ah, so you're a quack then. Well, I'm a very real medical doctor, that's... Kind of my thing

And idiot is not a medical term, hasn't been in decades. I'm clearly declaring him a fool without implying the cause of his foolishness
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

HouseMD wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 6:56 am
Italianman wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Italianman wrote:
Ah, so you're a quack then. Well, I'm a very real medical doctor, that's... Kind of my thing

And idiot is not a medical term, hasn't been in decades. I'm clearly declaring him a fool without implying the cause of his foolishness
Quack? Aren't you the guy who said that by now six million people in the U.S. would have died from Covid19? With that claim you are pretty much a confirmed fraud now, sorry. Seriously, you're just regurgitating stuff you don't really understanding. If you are a real "medical doctor" you're just a generic one.

Exhibit A

Here you are being stupid and wrong 10 months ago...

6 months later

3 months ago...

one month ago

https://www.newhope.com/vitamins-and-su ... s-covid-19

I am the spear of god and my knowledge is light years ahead of you.

https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/ome ... s-ideology
Last edited by Italianman on October 24th, 2020, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Italianman wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 10:22 am
HouseMD wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 6:56 am
Italianman wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Italianman wrote:

Quack? Aren't you the guy who said that by now six million people in the U.S. would have died from Covid19? With that claim you are pretty much a confirmed fraud now, sorry. Seriously, you're just regurgitating stuff you don't really understanding.

Exhibit A

Here you are being stupid and wrong 10 months ago...

6 months later

3 months ago...

If you are a real "medical doctor" you're just a generic one.

I am the spear of god here to save humanity

https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/ome ... s-ideology
Science is based on evidence. Our highest estimates for ultimate fatalities at the end of the pandemic based on initial data were 1.68 million total dead after approximately 1-2 years if no mitigation effort were engaged in. Mitigation, preventing the hospital system from being overwhelmed (as approximately half of these deaths would be due to capacity issues), and improved treatment have brought down the estimates significantly. Just mitigation without new treatments brought total deaths down to 600,000-800,000, and improved treatment protocols will likely bring the ultimate toll down to hopefully around 400,000 to 500,000. That's assuming the health system holds up through the second wave, and the virus doesn't mutate substantially.
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

Lol, only mitigation efforts have been a complete failure. In Sweden they don't even have lockdown and no crazy death rate. Trustworthy models require trustworthy input data to be trained upon. Moreover, models need to be subjected to prespecified real time performance tests, before their results are provided to policy makers and public health officials. You really don't know what you're talking about AT all. What improved treatments? The numbers dropped because of summer sunshine you halfwit, something the model designers didn't know about... Vitamin D3

Last edited by Italianman on October 24th, 2020, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Italianman wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 10:52 am
Lol, only mitigation efforts have been a complete failure. In Sweden they don't even have lockdown and no crazy dead rate. Trustworthy models require trustworthy input data to be trained upon. Moreover, models need to be subjected to prespecified real time performance tests, before their results are provided to policy makers and public health officials. You really don't know what you're talking about AT all. What improved treatments? The numbers dropped because of summer sunshine you halfwit, something the model designers didn't know about... Vitamin D3

Sweden did have measures, they were just very different than ours. And those measures proved disastrous when compared with neighboring nations.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mishagajew ... ty-failed/

As to treatments, we have protocolized things like steroids, when to intubate and use supplemental oxygen, initiation of anticoagulants, wtc have substantially improved outcomes. Back when this first started we basically had at least one person dying of COVID each day, now a death is fairly rare. There's also the theory that masks have decreased initial viral load in most patients due to lower initial exposure. In any case, it is clear you don’t know what you're talking about at all and it is no wonder Italy has been such a disaster throughout the pandemic with stupid doctors like yourself in the country. You clearly never cracked an epidemiology textbook open, and you clearly do not understand extrapolative modeling of pandemic spread nor do you aplreciate the affect of not having enough hospital beds on survival rates. We had one bed left at the height of the pandemic in my hospital, with several floors dedicated entirely to COVID patients. If the lockdown hadn't started, we would have started putting people in the PACUs, and had those filled we would have had to triage people to die

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... eath-rates
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

HouseMD wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 11:14 am
Italianman wrote:
Lol, only mitigation efforts have been a complete failure. In Sweden they don't even have lockdown and no crazy dead rate. Trustworthy models require trustworthy input data to be trained upon. Moreover, models need to be subjected to prespecified real time performance tests, before their results are provided to policy makers and public health officials. You really don't know what you're talking about AT all. What improved treatments? The numbers dropped because of summer sunshine you halfwit, something the model designers didn't know about... Vitamin D3

Sweden did have measures, they were just very different than ours. And those measures proved disastrous when compared with neighboring nations.

As to treatments, we have protocolized things like steroids, when to intubate and use supplemental oxygen, initiation of anticoagulants, wtc have substantially improved outcomes. Back when this first started we basically had at least one person dying of COVID each day, now a death is fairly rare. There's also the theory that masks have decreased initial viral load in most patients due to lower initial exposure. In any case, it is clear you don’t know what you're talking about at all and it is no wonder Italy has been such a disaster throughout the pandemic with stupid doctors like yourself in the country. You clearly never cracked an epidemiology textbook open, and you clearly do not understand extrapolative modeling of pandemic spread nor do you aplreciate the affect of not having enough hospital beds on survival rates. We had one bed left at the height of the pandemic in my hospital, with several floors dedicated entirely to COVID patients. If the lockdown hadn't started, we would have started putting people in the PACUs, and had those filled we would have had to triage people to die

Aha, idiocy.

1. Your stupid article on Sweden from Aug meets update from Sept

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... virus.html

While coronavirus cases rebound across Europe, Sweden is enjoying record low numbers of infections and deaths despite months of scepticism about its lockdown-free strategy.

Sweden's infection rate - once the highest in Europe - is now lower than in Britain, Spain, France or Italy, as well as Norway and Denmark where leaders have long been alarmed by their neighbour's high death rate.

Sweden last week carried out a record number of tests but only 1.2 per cent of them came back positive, the lowest level since the start of the pandemic.

The Swedish comeback has now led Britain to remove the country from its quarantine list, opening the door to tourism in an economy which has already suffered a milder downturn than much of Europe.

Sweden has flattened the curve without ordering its people to stay inside - keeping shops, schools and restaurants open even at the height of the pandemic and trusting Swedes to combat the virus by washing their hands and abiding by social distancing rules.

Again, you don't know how to put together a puzzle.

2. Vitamin D Nearly Abolishes ICU Risk in COVID-19

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/covid-19 ... n-covid-19

The fact is with sufficient levels of vitamin D COVID-19 really isn't as deathly as all the retards thought. You just don't want to look stupid now so keep to the BS story.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Italianman wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 11:40 am
HouseMD wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 11:14 am
Italianman wrote:

Aha, idiocy.

1. Your stupid article on Sweden from Aug meets update from Sept

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... virus.html

While coronavirus cases rebound across Europe, Sweden is enjoying record low numbers of infections and deaths despite months of scepticism about its lockdown-free strategy.

Sweden's infection rate - once the highest in Europe - is now lower than in Britain, Spain, France or Italy, as well as Norway and Denmark where leaders have long been alarmed by their neighbour's high death rate.

Sweden last week carried out a record number of tests but only 1.2 per cent of them came back positive, the lowest level since the start of the pandemic.

The Swedish comeback has now led Britain to remove the country from its quarantine list, opening the door to tourism in an economy which has already suffered a milder downturn than much of Europe.

Sweden has flattened the curve without ordering its people to stay inside - keeping shops, schools and restaurants open even at the height of the pandemic and trusting Swedes to combat the virus by washing their hands and abiding by social distancing rules.

Again, you don't know how to put together a puzzle.

2. Vitamin D Nearly Abolishes ICU Risk in COVID-19

https://chrismasterjohnphd.com/covid-19 ... n-covid-19

The fact is COVID-19 really isn't as deathly as all the retards thought. You just don't want to look stupid so keep to the story.
Way to cherry pick an article from the Daily Fail during a good month with regard to infections. Cases are currently exploding and are at peak levels again and Sweden is considering local lockdowns because they have given up on the idea of herd immunity haplening without a vaccine

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ry/sweden/
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

The data is independent from publisher halfwit. And who cares if cases are currently exploding, it has been proven if given enough vitamin D being covid positive means nothing if you have sufficient vitamin D levels. So many alarmist and bozoz getting rich off of the ignorant and naïve. Indeed, fat losers like you are exactly killing people with your idiocy. Yeah, lets put people on steroids and use supplemental oxygen. Do you know how much damage that is doing? Holy shit.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Italianman wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 12:10 pm
The data is independent from publisher halfwit. And who cares if cases are currently exploding, it has been proven if given enough vitamin D being covid positive means nothing if you have sufficient vitamin D levels. So many alarmist and bozoz getting rich off of the ignorant and naïve. Indeed, fat losers like you are exactly killing people with your idiocy. Yeah, lets put people on steroids and use supplemental oxygen. Do you know how much damage that is doing? Holy shit.
It may very well prove to be part of an effective cocktail and we may as well add it to treatment, but there's a good chance it will end up like the vitamin C study in sepsis which on thorough evaluation showed no benefit. We add it here already in our patients because it's been a "well why the hell not" thing since July.
Italianman
Freshman Poster

Post by Italianman »

Lol, just because you know next to nothing about human biology and nutrition doesn't mean we all suffer that condition. You need to take some biochemistry classes https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/sum ... l-research and then maybe you'll have some idea of what is out there. Anyway, the results are ALREADY in... https://www.newhope.com/vitamins-and-su ... s-covid-19
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Italianman wrote:
October 24th, 2020, 12:52 pm
Lol, just because you know next to nothing about human biology and nutrition doesn't mean we all suffer that condition. You need to take some biochemistry classes https://culturewhiz.org/forum/topic/sum ... l-research and then maybe you'll have some idea of what is out there. Anyway, the results are ALREADY in... https://www.newhope.com/vitamins-and-su ... s-covid-19
Basic chemistry and field results do not often match. The vitamin C in sepsis theory was based on humans being one of the only mammals that doesn't create vitamin C as a stress hormone. The theory went bust on testing. Anyone who conflates basic science with clinic results is uneducated at best and dangeroys at worst. Time and again various dietary and supplemental nutrition modifications have been utilized for various diseases, usually to little effect. Vitamin D may well have a poaitive effect on COVID but a scientist doesn't say a theory is true until they have proof. I actually know quite a bit about diet and nutrition and lifestyle modifications are a xlcore part of every outpatient treatment plan I create. You are the fool that is saying things are true without comprehensive studies