Winston, you have to make the forum more popular

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Winston, you have to make the forum more popular

Post by Johnny1975 »

When I first came across this place I just assumed it was a travel website, so I didn't really pay attention, but then I realised what it's all about, and you really have a good idea with this forum. It's the only one of its kind as far as I'm aware. And the fact that it was all inspired by your own experiences makes it even better. You've kind of become a bit of a cult figure and that adds a nice twist to the whole thing.

But whenever I look around there's not much action. It's very slow in terms of input. It just feels so empty at times. It would be nice to have lots more members, and lots more going on. More discussion, more of everything. This place deserves it.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

The forum would be more popular if Winston didn't start so many wacko threads, e.g. the ones about how Hitler wasn't so bad.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Hero wrote:The forum would be more popular if Winston didn't start so many wacko threads, e.g. the ones about how Hitler wasn't so bad.
Winston's naive threads are often amusing to read. It's like watching a child trying to puzzle out how the world works for the first time and he almost always comes to the wrong conclusions at the end. :lol: My favorite Winston thread is that one where he talks about how that one guy on youtube (I don't even remember that huckster's name) really had psychic powers. I remember clicking on the link and it was some guy starting at a bowl on a desk who claimed that he could move it with his mind. Winston raved on and on about how this was proof of real telekinesis and it wasn't a video editing trick.

It was a laugh riot.
YaManBT
Freshman Poster

Re: Winston, you have to make the forum more popular

Post by YaManBT »

Johnny1975 wrote:When I first came across this place I just assumed it was a travel website, so I didn't really pay attention, but then I realised what it's all about, and you really have a good idea with this forum. It's the only one of its kind as far as I'm aware. And the fact that it was all inspired by your own experiences makes it even better. You've kind of become a bit of a cult figure and that adds a nice twist to the whole thing.

But whenever I look around there's not much action. It's very slow in terms of input. It just feels so empty at times. It would be nice to have lots more members, and lots more going on. More discussion, more of everything. This place deserves it.
I agree. The only thing this forum is missing is more traffic. It is really the best site of its kind.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

YaManBT wrote:
Johnny1975 wrote:When I first came across this place I just assumed it was a travel website, so I didn't really pay attention, but then I realised what it's all about, and you really have a good idea with this forum. It's the only one of its kind as far as I'm aware. And the fact that it was all inspired by your own experiences makes it even better. You've kind of become a bit of a cult figure and that adds a nice twist to the whole thing.

I agree. The only thing this forum is missing is more traffic. It is really the best site of its kind.
Doesn't even remotely compare to the RooshV forum, if you want actual information about how to get next to women abroad. Roosh's place has a player vibe that is kind of offputting, but those guys are out there on the ground cranking out real information.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Repatriate wrote:
Hero wrote:The forum would be more popular if Winston didn't start so many wacko threads, e.g. the ones about how Hitler wasn't so bad.
Winston's naive threads are often amusing to read. It's like watching a child trying to puzzle out how the world works for the first time and he almost always comes to the wrong conclusions at the end. :lol: My favorite Winston thread is that one where he talks about how that one guy on youtube (I don't even remember that huckster's name) really had psychic powers. I remember clicking on the link and it was some guy starting at a bowl on a desk who claimed that he could move it with his mind. Winston raved on and on about how this was proof of real telekinesis and it wasn't a video editing trick.

It was a laugh riot.
Problem is, people who read Winston's insane threads will laugh at all men's rights activists, not just Winston. How are we ever going to be taken seriously when Winston keeps posting this lunacy?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

gsjackson wrote:
YaManBT wrote:

Doesn't even remotely compare to the RooshV forum, if you want actual information about how to get next to women abroad. Roosh's place has a player vibe that is kind of offputting, but those guys are out there on the ground cranking out real information.
The problem I have with the RooshV forum is that it is hard to tell if some of the people there are posting bull or not; sometimes I get the feeling that a lot what is posted is exaggeration, braggadocio or just plain lies. And I hate the PUA vibe that is predominant on that site.

At least on this site, people will call you out on your claims and demand proof, whereas criticism and skepticism is met with silence and possible banning on Roosh.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

zboy1 wrote:
gsjackson wrote:
YaManBT wrote:

The problem I have with the RooshV forum is that it is hard to tell if some of the people there are posting bull or not; sometimes I get the feeling that a lot what is posted is exaggeration, braggadocio or just plain lies. And I hate the PUA vibe that is predominant on that site.

At least on this site, people will call you out on your claims and demand proof, whereas criticism and skepticism is met with silence and possible banning on Roosh.
Rooshv forum often turns into a penis measuring contest with guys bragging about their huge lay counts in Miami and all the women they f**k every night but you do get some genuine honesty and revealing insights on there from time to time. There have been multiple threads about guys who actually failed overseas and weren't afraid to talk about it.

Plus I think the guys who are getting laid like crazy really do have something to back it up more often than not. One of the big time players on there is a former UFC guy (even though he's kind of a dirtbag) and a few of the others have been witnessed in action. So they aren't completely full of shit but the level of attractive women they are pulling is up for debate and so are the finer details of their adventures.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

zboy1 wrote: The problem I have with the RooshV forum is that it is hard to tell if some of the people there are posting bull or not; sometimes I get the feeling that a lot what is posted is exaggeration, braggadocio or just plain lies. And I hate the PUA vibe that is predominant on that site.

I've seen "bullsh*t called on the bragging a few times on there. But I think you have to be kind of an established and respected poster to get away with it.

I do share the concern that those guys who are out there going after their "SNL's," "notch counts," etc., are polluting the waters for the rest of us. That's all Americans need is a worse reputation abroad.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I still enjoy coming to this forum but it will always be limited in that very little of the content is actually about being Happier Abroad. I have the most respect for those members that are out there traveling and experiencing the world and/or are successful finding international ladies for dating/marriage.

Instead most of the material is centered around discussing flaws of western women, feminism, being lonely, social isolation, decay of western society etc. Hey nothing at all wrong with this content but make no mistake, it accounts for 80% of the discussions on HA ad it can get redundant. Personally I don't read any long overthought essays because I have my own set of eyes. I already know the most of the issues and problems that exist in the AngloSphere so no need to sit around and wax poetic on these over discussed topics.

I'd love to see more of a voice from expats that are out there living abroad similar to JC over at RetireCheapAsia.com.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

The problem is the planet is being locked down into a prison so traveling will be more difficult.
Time to Hide!
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

pete98146 wrote:I still enjoy coming to this forum but it will always be limited in that very little of the content is actually about being Happier Abroad. I have the most respect for those members that are out there traveling and experiencing the world and/or are successful finding international ladies for dating/marriage.

Instead most of the material is centered around discussing flaws of western women, feminism, being lonely, social isolation, decay of western society etc. Hey nothing at all wrong with this content but make no mistake, it accounts for 80% of the discussions on HA ad it can get redundant. Personally I don't read any long overthought essays because I have my own set of eyes. I already know the most of the issues and problems that exist in the AngloSphere so no need to sit around and wax poetic on these over discussed topics.

I'd love to see more of a voice from expats that are out there living abroad similar to JC over at RetireCheapAsia.com.
Thanks for that site, Pete.

To be honest, I tend to use this site as more of a time waster, usually when I'm trying to put stuff off that I have to get done (you can see by my post count that this happens quite often LOL).

I don't think that this is particularly a good site for living abroad OR getting girls from abroad. Roosh's site is best for guys just looking to get laid. Planet-Love (as much as people hate that site here) is best for learning how to find girls to settle down with (of course, there are guys here like Pete, Outwest, Publicd, and some others.....they are not the norm on this site).

Of course, this site does have a lot of good information, but I would say it's about 80% complaining about women and conspiracy theories and 20% legit content.

With that said, there are definitely some guys that I would meet from this forum IRL just to hang out with. But there are also many that I wouldn't. :P
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

I wonder why Winston hasn't responded to this yet...
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

pete98146 wrote:I'd love to see more of a voice from expats that are out there living abroad similar to JC over at RetireCheapAsia.com.
Hear hear. I'd especially love to see more practical advice on how to make a living abroad, like Ladislav's guides.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Hero wrote:
pete98146 wrote:I'd love to see more of a voice from expats that are out there living abroad similar to JC over at RetireCheapAsia.com.
Hear hear. I'd especially love to see more practical advice on how to make a living abroad, like Ladislav's guides.
What America had the last 100 to 200 years will be practically impossible to come by for most in the future.
Time to Hide!