Values Americans Live By

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Values Americans Live By

Post by Wolfeye »

Just read something called Values Americans Live By. I typed in "America has no values" and got a list that seems to at the same time be honest & be bullshit hype. It's kind of like how foreign people would see that these are the things Americans believe THAT they believe. Reminds me somewhat of Custer (falling in love with his own legend).
HappyGuy

Re: Values Americans Live By

Post by HappyGuy »

I'll have to think about this. If I'm not mistaken Americans have no values left besides shopping on the weekends and eating lots of food for dinner. And when they lose that they'll turn into real animals. Not looking forward to that at all. But it might turn into entertainment for the rest of the world.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

July 8th, 2020
Narcissistic Baby Boomer Generation - Who I'm NOT Talking About

Societal Narcissism & The Queen Bee

Societal narcissism: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=32&t=42783

Apr 29, 2020
Americans are assholes - Fullerton Informer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfKw_PaynTI
He really gets going about 15 minutes into it!
Last edited by HappyGuy on August 15th, 2020, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Post by statnerd »

Americans value working long hours, money, cookie cutter McMansions, fast junk food, unhealthy fake "foreign" restaurant food, reality TV, and shopping. Religion is valued as a social activity for most, and for the preacher it's valued as a business activity. They pretend to follow the Bible for an hour one day a week, and then they forget about it for the rest of the week. Marriage is valued for the sex for the guy and for the money for the woman. Americans give lip service to valuing compassion for others and doing right for the good of the community and society, but they really don't give a damn about anyone besides themselves and maybe immediate family members.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Boomer values were sex, drugs and rock & roll then when the consequences hit blame your parents. And when they got older it became do all your shopping at Walmart and Home Depot and when the consequences hit blame China.

Now they're American values.

Oct 2, 2017
A community overwhelmed by opioids - PBS NewsHour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w67IDMY2tn8
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

The Main value Americans live by is Fear.
Fear of... one unfortunate step away from financial ruin, one illness away from Bankruptcy, one reason away from being fired, one reason away from being litigated by some a$$hole that you never met before, one incident away from arrested by the police, one false rape accusation away by some random chick to jail, one wrong place at the wrong time away from being shot and getting robbed, one step away from getting your house taken away by the bank, IRS, your town, one unknown reason of getting reported, etc..

Americans always runs on fear.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

:shock:

May 31, 2020
Forrest Gump - What Are American Values? | Renegade Cut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVfmIOWY6go
Is Forrest Gump a liberal film or conservative film? Trick question, suckers.