Happiness is only America

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Chrissays
Freshman Poster

Happiness is only America

Post by Chrissays »

I was watching youtube clips on foreign english teachers in China and..

There is happiness in China. There's happiness in the students and the faculty and the people.

I don't know why, but I had this overwhelming belief that happiness is only here in America, if you can find it (or if your good enough for it).

Also had an overwhelming belief that the rest of the world is cold, dangerous and void of life. It's that American brain washing media crap.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 24th, 2020, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The
Junior Poster

Re: Happiness is only America

Post by The »

Ghost wrote:
Chrissays wrote:I was watching youtube clips on foreign english teachers in China and..

There is happiness in China. There's happiness in the students and the faculty and the people.

I don't know why, but I had this overwhelming belief that happiness is only here in America, if you can find it (or if your good enough for it).

Also had an overwhelming belief that the rest of the world is cold, dangerous and void of life. It's that American brain washing media crap.
That society has a lot of problems within it, and plenty of frustrations for foreigners there too.

And yet it was a good life there. My worst days there didn't compare to my worst days in the U.S.

Being a teacher in another country is very special as well, and it's so much better for the mind and soul than teaching in the U.S.

May I return soon.
All societies have there internal issues, but I guess sometimes you just need a change of scenery and a fresh start in another land.... whether it be for money, jobs, relationships, even the safety of yourself and family...That's why humans constantly migrate to other lands....

Thats why we are here in Happier Abroad...because while we know no place is perfect, we just need a change to better our lives....
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Re: Happiness is only America

Post by Wolfeye »

Doesn't suprise me. I've been told about other countries having curfews, random laws, name it. I've even been told that in other countries people can't own personal property- sounds like the only place where that's somewhat true is jail. I think there's a lot of reputation still floating around about America that so many people are unwilling to let go off- not that that generates any truth to the situation.

I hear this most times that this discussion comes up: "Why do so many people come HERE, then?" Well, advertising is one thing. Proximity to other countries is another (Mexico is closer to America than Canada, after all). On top of all that, a lot of people seem to only come here to get money- it's not because they like living here. Wonder why:

(1) There's laws against every damn thing you do (or at least a way to do something illegally, usually one that doesn't make sense and/or/because it doesn't hurt anyone).
(2) Things are expensive considering the income you tend to get (if you don't have all kinds of college- which can & does cost a lot) & how much you have to pay for out-of-pocket (partially because your taxes don't really support things working well in the sense of public services).
(3) Socially, there's a massive amount of extra rules & paranoid people that have no self-recrimination (so they won't think twice about calling cops on you for things that they might not have if they actually thought about if it was causing some kind of public harm or not).
(4) Socially, there's a massive tendancy for people to be very controlling- oddly enough, of people that aren't pushing them around or trying to cause them harm. A large tendancy to "put themselves in your shoes," and then feel kidnapped when you walk away. Not having a high capability to leave others to live their own life for better or worse- or something they simply wouldn't prefer for themselves, but don't experience for themselves in the first place.
(5) Socially, there's a big "ice barrier" to start with when meeting people, then there's a lot of surface-level bullshit, then people don't say what they mean about serious things.
(6) Socially, you damn-near can't say anything without being oppressive in some way (a "PC culture").
(7) The food's f***ed-with- a problem on a few levels (at the very least, the food busting you up over time is an issue).
(8) You'll go broke if you ever go to medical personnel for anything (especially since they're pretty quick to SAY something's wrong with you or that a test, which may or may not be accurate or safe, says that something might be wrong with you- lots of treatments, follow-ups, and complications to maybe get treated).
(9) People are always looking at you like you're crazy for not going to medical personnel for any reason (especially if you're not injured by something they'd presume you'd be injured by or you can simpy handle things yourself whether it's serious or not).
(10) So many of those "wide open spaces" are off-limits. You have a huge problem going places without a shitload of time & money, and once you get there it's "stay on your line."

Then there's the simple point that things might just get called for what they are in other places, instead of being covered-for like they tend to be here. Compositional assessments are rare, particularly with serious things that worry people.