Why is everything I post a problem?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why is everything I post a problem?

Post by Cornfed »

S_Parc wrote:And then, I don't see the drive nor the real interest, in hooking up with members of the Russian diaspora in your region. Even with my very limited interactions with Russian-Americans, I'd taken one mother out canoeing, just outside of Boston, as she was interested in what's available in our neck of the woods. She was married and had a daughter. It was *NOT* a romantic date, just an outdoor activity between two acquaintances. If I'd wanted, she could have introduced me to her relatives back home but I wasn't so interested in that angle. If I were a bit more religious, another Russian-American fellow would have made me his son's godfather.
The thing is that you have money and are professionally established. Tsar is fairly broke and is not. You possibly understand some of the difference that implies, but not everything that goes with it. He simply cannot do a lot of what you think he should.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Traveling is expensive, my family used to go everywhere now they don't because of fun tokens.
Time to Hide!
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MrMan wrote:
The wrote:Man...I can't believe Tsar still has my dick in his mouth!
That comment is gay.
That's exactly what I said.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Any thoughts on my two recent PM's and the "broaden your horizon" thread, Tsar? I still believe in you, but I am urging you to think some things over. Also, get in contact with Ghost, or abcdavid, their advice may be very helpful for you. I'm willing to help you too, once you make the move, especially if you were to extend your view Eastward.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Moretorque wrote:Traveling is expensive, my family used to go everywhere now they don't because of fun tokens.
This is a good scene about fun coupons from The Wolf of Wall Street.

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MarcosZeitola wrote:Any thoughts on my two recent PM's and the "broaden your horizon" thread, Tsar? I still believe in you, but I am urging you to think some things over. Also, get in contact with Ghost, or abcdavid, their advice may be very helpful for you. I'm willing to help you too, once you make the move, especially if you were to extend your view Eastward.
I have sent a PM.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 22nd, 2020, 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

Ghost wrote:
MarcosZeitola wrote:Any thoughts on my two recent PM's and the "broaden your horizon" thread, Tsar? I still believe in you, but I am urging you to think some things over. Also, get in contact with Ghost, or abcdavid, their advice may be very helpful for you. I'm willing to help you too, once you make the move, especially if you were to extend your view Eastward.
I've gotten in contact with him several times before, but he never does anything with it. Which is why I'm charging him $29.99 per hour of my time if he wants my help now. :)
This goes beyond what you're implying. I believe the OP is mentally stuck in that age bracket of 13. This is where it's difficult to distinguish between reality and fantasy. I'd also been there but had fought through it, by being conscious of my daily habits and periodically, engaging adults in conversation, not kids within my age bracket, to overcome shyness and be able to develop my overall communication skills.

Unfortunately, if this is not resolved when one is young, it can persist into latter adulthood. Here's my spiel on the Greek guy ...
S_Parc wrote:When I was learning the Thai I 30 lessons, another guy I knew, was interested in the 60 Greek I & II lessons. This was a good number of years ago.

He was always talking about the fact that his grandparents had come from Greece and this idea of perhaps meeting a Greek gal over there, not too distinct from Tsar but perhaps a bit more realistic, as he had some family contacts in the old country.

My Thai I program was finished within a month and a half. Last I'd heard, he was still somewhere between lessons 8 and 10, years after he'd copied the materials from the library. And yes, he's no closer to getting a Greek GF than he was, all those years ago. The last I'd spoken to him, back in 2014, he was talking about finishing the Pimsleur series but he seems to continually manufacture reasons like re-reviewing lesson 2 for some reason, even though it's fully memorized.

During that endless cycle of going nowhere, another Greek-American I'd known, went to Greece, got married, and is raising a girl with his wife, right here in Massachusetts. So one Greek fella went through the K-1 visa process, marriage (wedding ceremony in Greece, license in MA), and having a toddler, while the other, can't buckle down and do some simple daily lessons.
I have a prediction ... in 5-10 years, the aforementioned Greek-American (who'd never bothered to learn Greek) will remain single and be spending much of his life behind a computer a/o TV screen, fantasizing about an amazing life with some Mediterranean woman, by the Aegean sea.
Many years ago, the Best Picture of 1999, "American Beauty", telegraphed the message of Happier Abroad to the world.

Beware of long term engagements with AWs, you may find yourself in a coffin.

AB discussion thread

BTW, despite settling down with an AW, myself, the warning is still in effect.