Possible explanation why things are so bad

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Re: Possible explanation why things are so bad

Post by Kradmelder »

There are different types of fitness. I played prop forward in rugby. No one had six packs. Just thick necks and upper body strength. The back line was different.

Someone who does karate will have a totally different fitness and be much leaner. And compare a wrestler and a marathon runner.

Six packs and such are body builder type fitness. Says nothing about stamina for endurance sports.

It is comparing apples and oranges.

Coloured guys I knew were built small lean and mean. Could out run me as they are maybe 60 pct of my weight. But they are worthless as rugby forwards and we could push them back at a trot when we played against coloured sides. BUT as wingers they are fast and hard to catch. Point is each one is built for, and fit for, different things.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

retiredfrank wrote: And you are talking like a fatty who desperate to justify his food addiction. Someday, when you are older, you will learn that fat is poison. Even a few extra pounds in a man (I'm less sure about women, especially for cellulite fat on the thighs and arms of women) lowers testosterone and causes a cascade of other unhealthy hormone changes. You will learn that being lean, which means having a six-pack, is far more important for health than being muscular, though of course some muscle is good.

I am happy with myself, from how you talk about yourself, I would never swap me for being you, let's put it that way.

You are just talking unmitigated crap about sports and activities you know nothing about. I am sure if I was talking crap about living in the Ukraine and living in a tent - you would come down on me like a ton of bricks, am I right or what?

Now, many a smack rat has a 'six pack' a six pack, which you have admitted yourself in an earlier post, is not an accurate sign of fitness and wellness.

Accurate signs of fitness are a daily exercise routine, not drinking, not smoking nor taking drugs (I do none of the three) which is reflected on my annual medicals to keep my visa to live here.
(Ex-military guys in their 20's collapse on those "silly hill hikes" that I find easy. Happens all the time on the Appalachian Trail. Cheers!)
You get loads of 'ex military guys' tabbing in squad formation up the Appalachian Trail with rifle, full webbing and boots? Wow! What a weird sight that must be. :?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Kradmelder wrote:There are different types of fitness.
You, too, Kradmelder, will grow older and eventually learn that belly fat in men is poison. You will wish you had gotten in the habit of being lean and muscular rather than just muscular. Of course you can always reform, but that gets harder the older you get, which is why you should develop good habits while young. Always maintaining a six-pack, regardless of weight or muscular development, is a particularly good habit. (If it bothers you or Yick, ignore me, I'm mainly preaching to myself.)
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Kradmelder wrote:There are different types of fitness. I played prop forward in rugby. No one had six packs. Just thick necks and upper body strength. The back line was different.

Someone who does karate will have a totally different fitness and be much leaner. And compare a wrestler and a marathon runner.

Six packs and such are body builder type fitness. Says nothing about stamina for endurance sports.

Coloured guys I knew were built small lean and mean. Could out run me as they are maybe 60 pct of my weight. But they are worthless as rugby forwards and we could push them back at a trot when we played against coloured sides. BUT as wingers they are fast and hard to catch. Point is each one is built for, and fit for, different things.
And we have a winner!! :D

Thank you my man for bringing logic into this thread. Much appreciated.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

yick wrote:You get loads of 'ex military guys' tabbing in squad formation up the Appalachian Trail with rifle, full webbing and boots? Wow! What a weird sight that must be. :?
You know what I mean, Yick. They just got out and decide to try the AT to clear their heads before starting civilian life. Should be easy, right? They're ex-military after all...

You just picked a particular bad example with that 10 mile march test. I'm truly one in a 10 thousand for that. Not because I have a special body, but because I train much of the year at precisely that activity. Now if you said boxing 15 rounds is the test of fitness, I'd fail there. I'm a good wrestler but terrible at boxing and fencing.

No hard feelings, but I'm right when I say belly fat is poison, especially in men. Just wait until you're older and you'll learn I'm right the hard way.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

yick wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:There are different types of fitness. I played prop forward in rugby. No one had six packs. Just thick necks and upper body strength. The back line was different.

What the coloureds lacked in size and strength to be forwards they made up for in scrapiness. Like they would bite. If one put his teeth into my shoulder as soon as we break the bind I would bring down my shoulder to pull his head down and strain his neck and bring my fist up into his gut to break his clench :lol:

We had one forward called Gerrie. He had been a boxer then a boxing coach. I heard hime scream and curse that this coloured bit him. He started chasing this coloured all over the pitch screaming slurs. Ref was blowing his whistle non stop the coloured crowd was roaring with laughter but no way was that coloured going to stop running :lol: he just kept running till Gerrie was winded :lol:

I must admit it was hilarious.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

retiredfrank wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:There are different types of fitness.
You, too, Kradmelder, will grow older and eventually learn that belly fat in men is poison. You will wish you had gotten in the habit of being lean and muscular rather than just muscular. Of course you can always reform, but that gets harder the older you get, which is why you should develop good habits while young. Always maintaining a six-pack, regardless of weight or muscular development, is a particularly good habit. (If it bothers you or Yick, ignore me, I'm mainly preaching to myself.)
I am not a believer in pot bellies or fat rolls either and I don't have such things. I need to be able to swing a leg over tall off rold bikes :lol:

Besides I have to cut my own toenails and tie my shoes :lol:
I also have to pick things off the floor, having kids :lol:
It is also nice to look down and see my own balls. All the practical things in life fat farks can't do :lol:
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Kradmelder wrote:
yick wrote:

What the coloureds lacked in size and strength to be forwards they made up for in scrapiness. Like they would bite. If one put his teeth into my shoulder as soon as we break the bind I would bring down my shoulder to pull his head down and strain his neck and bring my fist up into his gut to break his clench :lol:

We had one forward called Gerrie. He had been a boxer then a boxing coach. I heard hime scream and curse that this coloured bit him. He started chasing this coloured all over the pitch screaming slurs. Ref was blowing his whistle non stop the coloured crowd was roaring with laughter but no way was that coloured going to stop running :lol: he just kept running till Gerrie was winded :lol:

No hard feelings man - I enjoy reading what you have to say, most of the time and I know what you mean, being the right weight for your height is a good indicator that all is well and that excess body fat isn't good for you. You are correct on all that, for sure.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Kradmelder wrote:
yick wrote:

Thanks for sharing. :D Did you have any coloureds on your team or were teams in your local league separated by race?

I am sure you would have had Bryan Habana on your team, eh?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

yick wrote:
Kradmelder wrote:
yick wrote:

Thanks for sharing. :D Did you have any coloureds on your team or were teams in your local league separated by race?

I am sure you would have had Bryan Habana on your team, eh?
I stopped playing competently in 1995. When integration was in early years. Only in the last year or 2 did we start getting coloureds on the team. But no blacks. Before that we would play against black and coloured teams like ciskei police and ciskei defence force, or the transkei army etc. But our side was all white. All police and military.

Most of our coloureds came from the local infantry battalion once the sadf was integrated. So they were good okes not Township rifraff.

The club house used to be white only. After integration the coloured players came inside but kept to themselves and didn't seem all that comfortable mixing with whites although whiteys had no problem with it. The same with visiting teams no matter what race. But most never came in. The coloured township rabble that came to watch were not allowed in. But they were real drunken trash.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

starchild5 wrote:It is already solved why Americans are FAT.

I replied to Winston post some years back and he agreed.

The American government is using, some Ionic Weapon, some EMF radiation to make Americans fatter.

When an American goes abroad, he automatically after few months become normal. TRY IT...

When immigrants go to America, after few months they start becoming fat. I know many Indians have become extremely fat, even eating Indian veg food in America.

Its not "Americans" but America, the place that makes you FAT.

Winston said..He eats same portion of Food in America and Taiwan and yet in America he gets more fatter.

America is the worst place to be born as a human being, if you are knowledgeable. All these stupid ignorant third world people keep on going to America for "better life" just to become experiments for the American government.

Once Americans get out of America they become normal again.
It's partially true. In Vietnam I ate a ton of food, enough to get me constipated and make me want to stop (Vietnamese girlfriend's parents feeding me way too much...) and I left for my trip at 88kg and weighed in at one point, at 94kg there. But then after 3 days in Taiwan "cleaning out" and just sort of walking around and eating normally for me and mostly whatever I wanted still, I was back at 88kg.

The biggest difference imo was actually water quality. I tasted water in Taiwan and thought "wow, this tastes... normal." I think it's really the water fluoridation. Water in both countries did not have this weird metallic somewhat bitter taste it has in USA. In fact it tasted almost sweet. I know for sure this is it, too, as I bought some coffee to take home from my favorite coffee stand in Vietnam, and bought the same stuff he used at his stand from him. It tasted the same... except the weird metallic water taste. Used all identical ingredients to make it. And this is after running my water through a Brita pitcher no less, so all "normal" heavy metals should be more or less eliminated. It's the fluoride. So even when they say "fluoride is a tasteless..." NOPE! So the explanation needn't be as complex as a secret HAARP EMF weapon, just fluoridated water which is public knowledge. It messes with the thyroid, pituitary, and pineal gland, messing with all those hormones, lower testosterone and thyroid hormones, basically instant fat gain. I posted a study in the health and fitness forum here about how Indians had about 600ng/dl test levels in India, then as soon as they went to UK, dropped to the 400s, and they just blamed migration.

This isn't to say HAARP/EMF/etc doesn't exist, but I think using the framework of easily provable stuff like fluoride is much better.

BTW, in Vietnam I didn't get sick drinking the water or eating the food at all. Drank boiled water, but used tap water for my teeth, etc. Was fine.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

RIP nailer's thread :lol:
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

droid wrote:RIP nailer's thread :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Ja isn't HA great. Multiculti chaos and dialogue of nonconformists of all nations and races and Flippin funny :lol:

Winston has achieved what all the liberal nations cannot because he allows free speech and non PC. So you get these outbursts instead of pent up resentment and false civility. And Daddy Wu :lol:
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

JohnDoeBigBaller wrote:Is the solution for a one world government to engineer the population levels so that there is only one man for every 10 women?
Fantastic!! :P
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Nailer wrote:America has a weight problem. We know that approximately 70% of the U.S. population is overweight, but this affects men and women about equally. This alone does not explain the 10:1 male:female ratio one can routinely find in America on a daily basis. Female preferences being more lenient towards male weight isn't a satisfying explanation either.

It has been pointed out that BMI is simply a function of weight and height, and does not necessarily indicate fatness. While it is safe to assume nearly 100% of high-BMI women are fat, men can have a high BMI but low body fat by building muscle. It is easily possible for a man to be considered "overweight" but have 5% body fat and be in perfect health. However, the occurrence of massive muscles in women is for all practical purposes nonexistent.

The question then becomes, what percentage of the overweight male population is fat, and what percentage merely has high muscle mass? For the sake of this discussion, let's assume 50% of overweight men are fat and 50% are muscular.

Consider a population of 100 women and 100 men. We know that 70 women and 70 men will be considered overweight, leaving 30 healthy women and 30 healthy men. However, if we assume 50% of the overweight men are actually muscular with low body fat, that gives us 30 healthy women and 65 healthy men, roughly a 2:1 male to female ratio.

It gets really interesting when people start pairing off. It's safe to say that at any given time, 90% of healthy women will not be single. They will be either married, dating someone, or be otherwise unavailable. The only truly single women are ones who just moved to a new city, but for the sake of this discussion let's say only 90% of healthy women are paired off. That means we subtract 27 healthy women, and the 27 healthy men they are paired with, leaving three healthy single women and 38 single healthy men, a 12:1 male to female ratio.

Isn't that what we see in real life on a daily basis in America?

The next step is to determine the real male overweight rate, which could answer this question objectively and provide a solid explanation why dating in America seems so skewed.
I like your numerical style. +1
However it's a bit circular in the assumption of 90% taken women, that's just an after-the fact for the 2:1 ratio. ALso your 70-70 assumption is probably wrong too (from my bmi-gender point i made earlier).
What this really shows though is that supply and demand is non-linear. A scarcity of a given % is not reflected in an equal % increase in "prices" but rather much more.
And like you say, this still doesn't explain the outright sausage fests so frequently seen lol.
onethousandknives wrote:
Nailer wrote:This is all conjecture. If anyone finds a sound of information on the above question you could just plug those numbers into the equation above and we'd have a real answer.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3837418/ Here's one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ndex_(BMI)
Interestingly, it says females have a tiny percentage lower BMI (.2), but then another study says a tiny percentage higher of obesity (2.1%.) So that more or less goes with my inferences, that with females, the range of "average" is a lot wider than with males. Also it says males have a higher percentage of overweight BMI than females, but females have a higher percentage obese. I guess it pretty much proved my inferences.
The problem here is you are assuming the BMI is gender-correct. As we pointed out in this an the other thread, BMI is 'unfair' to men by at least 2Kg/m2

And It's not about men being "ripped", men have 40% muscle mass, versus 30% for women, and there are differences in bone thickness and weight as well, obviously to accomodate the greater power.
http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/much ... -1709.html

Again the BMI numbers give women a free pass:
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/da ... weight.pdf

Clearly a 5'9" guy is rather slim at 163lb, while a 5'4" 144lb female is certainly not
Same bias for the Obese values of 196 and 174