Thank you Ladislav.

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Thank you Ladislav.

Post by Repatriate »

Hi,

You don't know me and I don't really know you aside from your very insightful posts that were linked to me a couple years ago. I am someone that made the decision to leave the U.S. to seek my "fortune" abroad. I was always hunting for expat experiences in other countries but most of what's out there is pretty useless or typical drivel.

Well, I stumbled onto your posts and they were a breath of fresh air. Your observations about the cultural/social climate of the different countries in the world are right on the button. I've read quite a few books on sociology and nothing was able to spell it out as bluntly as you have. Congrats, you certainly did impact my life.

I'll be reading this board with great interest.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Thanks. The reason they may have seem as 'fresh air' to you was because they were very empirical- based on very personal experiences. I guess sociological studies are more theoretical and more removed from hands on realities. After you get spat on, beat up, threatened with death and things like that, you become a much more " no b.s. person'. My idol is:
fredoneverything.net Please read some of his columns. Very spot on.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi Repatriate,
Glad you finally joined the forum! Your letters and posts are always so spot on, accurate and eloquent. I look forward to reading your observations, opinions, and insights.

By the way, do you mind if I post your story about how you dropped out of the police academy and moved overseas, to introduce you, maybe in the Member Introductions section? It was very touching.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

WWu777 wrote:Hi Repatriate,
Glad you finally joined the forum! Your letters and posts are always so spot on, accurate and eloquent. I look forward to reading your observations, opinions, and insights.

By the way, do you mind if I post your story about how you dropped out of the police academy and moved overseas, to introduce you, maybe in the Member Introductions section? It was very touching.

Thanks,
Winston
Wow, i'm surprised you remember that e-mail I sent you. Good memory Winston. I don't mind if you post it.

I'm also a wealthy online businessman. :lol:
Last edited by Repatriate on July 12th, 2012, 8:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:
WWu777 wrote:Hi Repatriate,

Thanks,
Winston
Wow, i'm surprised you remember that e-mail I sent you. Good memory Winston. I don't mind if you post it.
W: Of course I remember it. It was very eloquent and insightful and touching. I quoted from it and added it to the Great Letters section of the site. Remember? I wrote you back but you never responded and then you changed your email cause your other one bounced. I didn't know what happened to you. Thought you must have been super busy. I recognized you cause your new email in your profile is very similar to your other one except for one digit. It looks like you changed your email by changing the year in it.

Ok I'll try to find it and post it in Member Introductions. Or you can write another version yourself or add to it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne