Anyone interested in a Going Abroad simulation exercise?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Light
Freshman Poster

Anyone interested in a Going Abroad simulation exercise?

Post by Light »

The simulation will be a scenario. You will be the character in the scenario. You need to tell me what you would do. The scenario is fictional but could apply to many random people in the 18 - 36 crowd. You'll be able to select one of three packages starting gear like a video game that I will give in the followup post.

If there are any takers I'll post the simulation exercise. It includes a story and you will be playing the character that wants to go abroad. I want everyone's scenario to be different so I will be offering everyone to freely choose their starting package and their purpose or main goal they want to achieve by going abroad.

You will also have the option to select 3 traits. Every trait comes with one bonus and one weakness for the character to add some realism. No one is perfect in real life anywhere. You can reject the traits if you want to apply your existing traits to the character.

You can also choose one of three extra scenario story modifications to change the story up a bit. The story mods will also be optional but add and change things for your character.

I figured we need some interesting new content on the forum and maybe new younger members reading the website would get something useful out of reading answers to a go abroad simulation.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Anyone interested in a Going Abroad simulation exercise?

Post by Winston »

That's a good idea. A Happier Abroad RPG? You know how to design it? Wouldn't you need a major corporation to back this up? Maybe contact the designer of the SIMS games?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Winston wrote:
April 20th, 2020, 11:26 pm
That's a good idea. A Happier Abroad RPG? You know how to design it? Wouldn't you need a major corporation to back this up? Maybe contact the designer of the SIMS games?
I meant more like a written scenario, and I post the Scenario and the rules of the game. People who are members of the forum get to be the character in the story and tell others how they would get to their end goal of being happier abroad.

Maybe we could do a simulation every few months and have a different member design it every time.

I guess it could be more compared to a written PnP RPG simulation designed to give new members possible ways to improve their situation or go abroad if they are newbies at wanting to go abroad or they have certain drawbacks or issues in life.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You mean like a text adventure game or board game? Like zork or monopoly?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Winston wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 12:27 am
You mean like a text adventure game or board game? Like zork or monopoly?
Yes, like a text adventure game and essay. Almost like you're given a half a story and you write a realistic ending to it.

I'll give a simple sample version so people get the idea.

You are John. John is 19 years old and only speaks English. John wants to go abroad and find himself a girlfriend but John doesn't know to go abroad or where to start. He's only an American citizen. Maybe John wants to return to America or stay abroad, that's up to you to decide as you take on the role of John in the story.

John has the option of starting with any one of these starter packages. Package A is mandatory unless one of the other three is chosen:

Package A gives +10 years to John's age, $20,000 in the bank as a positive trait, and has the negative trait of social awkwardness.

Package B makes John an Irish person. His grandfather was from Ireland. He has the positive trait of being eligible to become Irish. His negative traits are he's short for a guy and had a child with an ex girlfriend in high school.

Package C makes John an angry white guy. His random trait is that he is a virgin. His negative traits are he is short, introverted, and bad tempered and had a physically abusive parent, a career parent absent, one step-parent ignored him, and his other step-parent was emotionally abusive. His positive traits are he would enjoy shooting semi automatics and plays shooter games. He doesn't have a criminal record but if he doesn't get out of America soon who knows what he might do. John daydreams of doing a rampage or shooting the government politicians to start a Civil War. Maybe he should join some army to learn discipline and to get out of America.

Package D makes John a happy guy, who is extroverted, but he's a fat American with no desire to change his appearance. He thinks he can get a good woman the way he is. He is a short guy and is insecure about his size. He works at a popular fast food chain because his single mom can't pay for it. She told him college isn't worth it.

This is just a sample so the backstory is weak. You can reject the optional starter packages. I combined the starter packages and bonus traits into one to make the sample easier.

You play as John. Write what package you select and then write how you as John with what you were given and selected choose to make your way abroad to be happier abroad.
Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

The above is a sample. I will post the real thing if there's enough interest for a written happier abroad simulation game.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is this a game you wanna sell and market, or are you doing this just for fun? I don't know if there is a market anymore for text based adventure game like Zork. Have you played Zork? It came out during the 80's and was hard to get through.

Light
Freshman Poster

Post by Light »

Winston wrote:
April 21st, 2020, 10:50 pm
Is this a game you wanna sell and market, or are you doing this just for fun? I don't know if there is a market anymore for text based adventure game like Zork. Have you played Zork? It came out during the 80's and was hard to get through.
No, it's not something I want to make and sell as a game. I never played Zork or heard of it until you mentioned it. I'll Google it and find out what it was like.

My idea is more of a game the users of the forum can play to simulate different real life scenarios so new members can read the different solutions to real life problems and maybe get ideas for self-improvement, how to better their own lives, and maybe how they should use some of the information as a guide. That's the purpose. It will also add interesting new content to the forum.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok cool. I'll promote your idea to our social media and mailing lists and see what others in our movement say or think.